Leamington Hotel-Downtown/Port of Miami Reviews

307 NE 1st Street, Miami, USA

No elevators, no free parking, no pool, no atmosphere, the look inside is inappropiate for a hotel

• 9th Sep 2014

although I made my reservation through you, the hotel did not have the reservation when I arrived. However, they were able to accommodate me and were very nice about it.

• 9th Feb 2012

The hostel was dirty and not worth the expense. It was loud and no noise was sheltered from the outdoors. My biggest problem though was that hostel world never confirmed my booking with the hotel!

• 27th Jan 2012

Unfortunately when I arrived to hotel, Leamington hotel told us they havent received any notification from hostelworld.com, and they refuse to contact you to solve the situation, and give all fault to hostelworld.com Same happens to other 3 colleagues coming from Spain also, that have the same problem, and the solution was to waste the reservation and have a new one (with an unexpected increase in the fare). I am still waiting for the hotel to communicate with me and/or solve the situation.

• 19th Jan 2012
  • Spain

This hotel is ok. And it is not true that Leamington Hotel is the worst hotel in Miami. Pretty good for this money!

• 2nd Dec 2011
  • Ukraine

First the bad: this hotel is very rundown and dirty. Dirty like stains on the bedsheets, walls and ceilings. Also, there is only a deadbolt on the doors so security is minimal. There's also street noise at night if that sort of thing bothers you. Now the good: the hotel is inexpensive and close to AA arena and the Port of Miami. For one night it's fine, especially if you don't mind the lack of cleanliness or safety. Just don't expect a Holiday Inn.

• 2nd Oct 2011

Replace the elevator with an automated one...you'll save on employee costs and increase guest satisfaction...website makes a big deal over elevator operator. This was my only real disappointment at this property.

very scary! I canceled my reservation as soon as I got there.

Great location for going to the port of Miami and Bayside. It is also easy to get to the South Beach by bus.

After reading several reviews, I was a little skeptical of the hotel. Honestly I was impressed. It definitely has a latin american feel to it, and for anyone who has stayed in most lower priced latin america hotels, it is absolutely the same. No things weren´t perfectly clean and the room furnishings are definitely not new. But the toilets were clean, the linens were clean (albiet a little faded from washing), the bathroom was clean. I´ll stay here again.

• 21st Jan 2011

The place was average at best. The majority of the staff were friendly, with the exception of this one front desk guy, this person was so rude and cold, never smiled and seemed to have a confrontation with most guests. He failed to realize what customer service is all about. He does not realize he is the face of the hotel, and gave the hotel a black eye. Would never stay there again, as a matter of fact went to a more expensive hotel so i would not have to deal with the attitude!!!

The room was horrific. Sheets seemed dirty. The tram went by our window every 7 minutes.