Lebo's Soweto Backpackers Reviews

10823 A Pooe Street, POBox Orlando West, Johannesburg, South Africa

I really wanted to stay in Soweto and this place allowed me to do so. The staff was extremely nice, friendly and helpful. They made a considerable effort to help me to do everything I wanted to do and to see everything I wanted to see. I am very grateful to them for all of their help. The atmosphere at this place is really cool as well. I really felt like I got a sense of Soweto (and South Africa) there too. It's a great place for anyone who wants to see and comprehend a township. Thank you.

Awesome hostel. The shuttle to and from the airport was a little pricey, but the hostel itself was well-priced, with great breakfast and dinner available for a reasonable cost, very helpful and kind staff, nice fire and bar and places for people to meet each other, and a great 4 hour bike tour of Soweto.

I enjoyed my stay at Lebo's Backpackers. Great service and welcome in SA! I really felt home in Soweto. Will def' go back!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

location was good but far from the airport, it took 450zar by meter taxi. sorry for no public transportation. tt but good tour around the soweto by bicycle.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

very good place, very nice staff, good trip! ;-)

• 7th May 2014
  • Reunion

Transfer in arrived one hour late Transfer out had been requested but not booked, I had to remind the staff. Breakfast was supposed to be available from 7.30 but was served late. This meant I couldn't get much to eat before my transfer at 8am. Cleanliness was poor. The shared bathroom, for my room and one more, was being used as the hostel laundry. The bath was full of washing, so I couldn't use it or the shower which was above the bath. The staff were friendly, one receptionist was good.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Wales

We loved our stay at the Lebo's Backpackers!!! Full of adventure and relaxed at the fire though!!! :) We will come back for sure!

• 13th Apr 2014

Super friendly Staff, nice chillout area, park with lots of children playing right in front of the hostel. Felt very welcome by the staff and the locals in the area. I will come again! Having Lockers would be cool (I never felt that my belongings were in danger though)

View all Johannesburg Hostels