Lebo's Soweto Backpackers Reviews

10823 A Pooe Street, POBox Orlando West, Johannesburg, South Africa

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at lebo's! Always felt very safe, staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I was able to see many interesting things in Soweto. Thanks!

• 30th Nov 2014

Had a good time. But I could point out a negative point: Was travelling with BazBus, from this hostel had to take a shuttle to Joburg BrownSugar hostel. Would think that hostel have to arrange this often but still. BazBus works with timetable, had to leave on monday morning. So they called the bus how late they would leave at Joburg (was 8:30am) and arranged a shuttle at 7:30am for me. But, 1.the shuttle was too late, 2.no one there in morning, 3. in traffic jam, so too late, luckely bus waited.

I had an amazing experience in Soweto, the hostel is great, the staff very friendly which makes the stay there really cosy and relaxed!

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Greece

They offer airport rides, both ways. As the distance is quite far from JNB, it is good to arrange everything ahead. Soweto bike tours arranged from the front door.

Charming place, good bike tour, private room for single was great. Bunny chow was delicious!

Great team and great opportunity to know Soweto. I truly recomend. Do also the 4 hours bike tour.

I really wanted to stay in Soweto and this place allowed me to do so. The staff was extremely nice, friendly and helpful. They made a considerable effort to help me to do everything I wanted to do and to see everything I wanted to see. I am very grateful to them for all of their help. The atmosphere at this place is really cool as well. I really felt like I got a sense of Soweto (and South Africa) there too. It's a great place for anyone who wants to see and comprehend a township. Thank you.

Awesome hostel. The shuttle to and from the airport was a little pricey, but the hostel itself was well-priced, with great breakfast and dinner available for a reasonable cost, very helpful and kind staff, nice fire and bar and places for people to meet each other, and a great 4 hour bike tour of Soweto.

I enjoyed my stay at Lebo's Backpackers. Great service and welcome in SA! I really felt home in Soweto. Will def' go back!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

location was good but far from the airport, it took 450zar by meter taxi. sorry for no public transportation. tt but good tour around the soweto by bicycle.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

very good place, very nice staff, good trip! ;-)

• 7th May 2014
  • Reunion

Transfer in arrived one hour late Transfer out had been requested but not booked, I had to remind the staff. Breakfast was supposed to be available from 7.30 but was served late. This meant I couldn't get much to eat before my transfer at 8am. Cleanliness was poor. The shared bathroom, for my room and one more, was being used as the hostel laundry. The bath was full of washing, so I couldn't use it or the shower which was above the bath. The staff were friendly, one receptionist was good.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Wales

We loved our stay at the Lebo's Backpackers!!! Full of adventure and relaxed at the fire though!!! :) We will come back for sure!

• 13th Apr 2014

Super friendly Staff, nice chillout area, park with lots of children playing right in front of the hostel. Felt very welcome by the staff and the locals in the area. I will come again! Having Lockers would be cool (I never felt that my belongings were in danger though)

Great place, one of a kind. Best way to explore Soweto. Staff were all helpful. Bike tour is a must. Food was excellent - highly recommend the dinner.

• 16th Nov 2013

Great place to stay! We'd loved the atmosphere and the great dinners and breakfast. The staff was more than friendly. Had the 4hours bicycle tour through Soweto and it was wonderfull. We will be back at Lebo's on our next trip!

We had reservations to stay at Lebo's October 2013. There's something going on at Lebo's right now but I don't know what. I think this because all the reviews were so good. But we emailed them numerous times to change our reservation by a couple times and received no answer. We finally called them by phone and were told to email them at the email address we had been using. There was no answer to our email. We ended up not staying there. I hope they figure things out make necessary changes.

Fantastic location and atmosfeer. Sitting by the fire @ night with live music was a true Soweto night! Loved it!

Thank you for a great stay! We loved it, you are doing a great job in making people aware about the coolness of Soweto!

We had a great time at Lebo's backpackers. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean, great to mix with the locals and we felt quite safe. Food was good value for money and it is nice to mix with people who are travelling just like we were and share our stories.

• 9th Sep 2013