Lebo's Soweto Backpackers Reviews

10823 A Pooe Street, POBox Orlando West, Johannesburg, South Africa

location was good but far from the airport, it took 450zar by meter taxi. sorry for no public transportation. tt but good tour around the soweto by bicycle.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

very good place, very nice staff, good trip! ;-)

• 7th May 2014
  • Reunion

Transfer in arrived one hour late Transfer out had been requested but not booked, I had to remind the staff. Breakfast was supposed to be available from 7.30 but was served late. This meant I couldn't get much to eat before my transfer at 8am. Cleanliness was poor. The shared bathroom, for my room and one more, was being used as the hostel laundry. The bath was full of washing, so I couldn't use it or the shower which was above the bath. The staff were friendly, one receptionist was good.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Wales

We loved our stay at the Lebo's Backpackers!!! Full of adventure and relaxed at the fire though!!! :) We will come back for sure!

• 13th Apr 2014

Super friendly Staff, nice chillout area, park with lots of children playing right in front of the hostel. Felt very welcome by the staff and the locals in the area. I will come again! Having Lockers would be cool (I never felt that my belongings were in danger though)

Great place, one of a kind. Best way to explore Soweto. Staff were all helpful. Bike tour is a must. Food was excellent - highly recommend the dinner.

• 16th Nov 2013

Great place to stay! We'd loved the atmosphere and the great dinners and breakfast. The staff was more than friendly. Had the 4hours bicycle tour through Soweto and it was wonderfull. We will be back at Lebo's on our next trip!

We had reservations to stay at Lebo's October 2013. There's something going on at Lebo's right now but I don't know what. I think this because all the reviews were so good. But we emailed them numerous times to change our reservation by a couple times and received no answer. We finally called them by phone and were told to email them at the email address we had been using. There was no answer to our email. We ended up not staying there. I hope they figure things out make necessary changes.

Fantastic location and atmosfeer. Sitting by the fire @ night with live music was a true Soweto night! Loved it!

Thank you for a great stay! We loved it, you are doing a great job in making people aware about the coolness of Soweto!

We had a great time at Lebo's backpackers. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean, great to mix with the locals and we felt quite safe. Food was good value for money and it is nice to mix with people who are travelling just like we were and share our stories.

• 9th Sep 2013

great place to stay a few days. take your time to get to know the neighborhood and people.

They couldn't find the key to our double room; didn't bother us much, because @ Jollyboys (Livingstone, Zambia) our dorm didn't have a lock/key! "Luggage storage" was one of the communal areas. > Security average! No need to worry about outsiders, but can't always trust other backpackers. Communal kitchen small + they cook breakfast etc. there. Location excellent for exploring Soweto, removed from Jo'burg centre. Excellent bicycle tours. Staff very helpful + friendly. Good vibe. Recommended!

I loved staying at Lebo's. However I just had to move as the beds in the outside dorm were to uncomfortable to sleep on. They made to much noise and they hurt my back.

A very good athmosphere in the heart of soweto: music around a campfi every nigth. Plenty of opportunities to met and discuss with locals. It really fels like Africa. I just loved it.

I didn't overnight there because the hostel was already fully booked, but did the bicycle tour in Soweto with them (the full day tour) : it was a great experience and I'd recommend it to everyone staying there! This is a MUST DO in Soweto! We could use the common facilities of the hostel, and they are very good!

Soweto is a bit far from the airport, but worth the stay! A very unique experience with friendly staff. Use their airport transfer service as a taxi there is very expensive. Would highly recommend this place to anyone

• 18th Jun 2013

I had a great time at Lebo's, spending a total of 3 evenings there. I liked + Soweto Location + Arrangement of shuttles for visits Some positive suggestions: - Inform re cost of airport transfers - Warn guests abt late-night loud music on party nights - Involve guests in the social work and soccer training/vision - Install a dedicated room/lock for luggage - Create and distribute maps of local businesses/shops for locals and guests alike - Train all staff to be friendly and informative

what a place.... nuff said!

• 1st Jun 2013
  • South Africa

Nice atmosphere around the fire, sitting, drinking cider and talking to both other backpackers and hostel staff. Very nice people - they helped me when I forgot something important in the hostel, sending it immediately by mail to my new stay in Cape Town. Soweto is a special place to stay and definitely worth it to experience some township-life!

• 1st Jun 2013