Lebo's Soweto Backpackers Reviews

10823 A Pooe Street, POBox Orlando West, Johannesburg, South Africa

I booked one night and stayed for 5, the staff were incredible, it was the coziest, most homey hostel I've stayed at in a long time, I'd highly recommend to anyone!

I had a great time at Lebo's. Staff super friendly, bicycle tour great, nice and clean beds. I walked around and into the center and never felt uncomfortable or unsafe. I really recommend going to Soweto, especially to get to know more about Apartheid.

A wonderful Place to stay in Soweto, the best way to experience this vibration township! ice dinners and excellent cycling tours!

Everything about my stay here was amazing. The staff makes sure you feel at home, and sincerely care about your experience in Soweto. I really loved the mix of travelers and locals and the amount of opportunities organized by the hostel to sit down and share with others in the community. And the food is excellent! I will be back for sure.

• 27th Nov 2015

it was an amazing experience to stay at Lebo's Soweto!!

It was a fantastic experience. I felt so welcomed and safe. Dinner and breakfast were hearty and delicious. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The only two minor negatives Were that the mattress was a bit concave (still comfy) And I wonder if there are enough showers when The place is full.

Fabulous stay in a fascinating area. The staff are welcoming and helpful, the accommodation comfortable (although there are issues with power as with much of SA so this isnt a problem just for this location, and it can get cold tho the outdoor fires and the ponchos provided are warming). The meals are good, and the experience brilliant.

Really enjoyable stay in a double room. No frills and we were cold due to power problems and a winter cold spell but the staff were so welcoming and the ambience warming. Great stay in friendly Soweto!

we enjoyed staying at lebo's and in soweto in general. chico is really cool and we liked speaking with him.

I want to give this place a good review, as the people are friendly and the bed and bathroom were clean. However, the bicycle tour is R450 -- which is a LOT of money to rent a bike for 4 hours with a low-paid guide (who gets little of that R450). I ended up booking with a competing company for R200 (same tour) and it was made VERY clear to me not to tell anyone about this, lest Lebo lose $$.

• 16th Mar 2015

One of the best and most interesting accomidations we had during our stay in South Africa!

• 3rd Mar 2015

I spent 2 weeks in all, in South africa. And lebos was the most unique hostel of them all. Staying in soweto was a huge highlight for me. There's not a sniff of unsafeness about this hostel. One evening we strolled at dusk for 20 mins down to valakazi street for a meal. And then isaac the driver for the hostel collect us. He also collected us from airport. Very happy informative chap. Chico (chicotouchtours@gmail.com) was another great safe driver who does day tours. Cheers :) for all

Vey relaxing!

The staff is amazing! We had a walkingtour with Tando. She has great knowledge and is fun to be around with! The food that is prepared every evening is freshly made and of very good quality. Overall an amazing experience. We will be back by the end of our trip (we have already booked).

• 19th Jan 2015

We were really happy with the experience, although we found the cost of breakfast a little high.

• 18th Jan 2015

Amazing place. Kind staff, comfortable bed. I decided to take up the offer of buying a meal and was not disappointed! So much food including much needed veg! A great way to experience Soweto

Very Nice! Thank you Maria and Lebo and staff. Mariët and Marcell from Holland!

We had a fantastic time at lebos. Highlights were celebrating new years at the hostel with the locals. Great community spirit and staff.

Great hostel with fun vibes! Really enjoyed the bike tour. Staying in this hostel truly gets you to experience what Soweto is like.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at lebo's! Always felt very safe, staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I was able to see many interesting things in Soweto. Thanks!

• 30th Nov 2014