Lebo's Soweto Backpackers Reviews

10823 A Pooe Street, POBox Orlando West, Johannesburg, South Africa

we enjoyed staying at lebo's and in soweto in general. chico is really cool and we liked speaking with him.

I want to give this place a good review, as the people are friendly and the bed and bathroom were clean. However, the bicycle tour is R450 -- which is a LOT of money to rent a bike for 4 hours with a low-paid guide (who gets little of that R450). I ended up booking with a competing company for R200 (same tour) and it was made VERY clear to me not to tell anyone about this, lest Lebo lose $$.

• 16th Mar 2015

One of the best and most interesting accomidations we had during our stay in South Africa!

• 3rd Mar 2015

I spent 2 weeks in all, in South africa. And lebos was the most unique hostel of them all. Staying in soweto was a huge highlight for me. There's not a sniff of unsafeness about this hostel. One evening we strolled at dusk for 20 mins down to valakazi street for a meal. And then isaac the driver for the hostel collect us. He also collected us from airport. Very happy informative chap. Chico (chicotouchtours@gmail.com) was another great safe driver who does day tours. Cheers :) for all

Vey relaxing!

The staff is amazing! We had a walkingtour with Tando. She has great knowledge and is fun to be around with! The food that is prepared every evening is freshly made and of very good quality. Overall an amazing experience. We will be back by the end of our trip (we have already booked).

• 19th Jan 2015

We were really happy with the experience, although we found the cost of breakfast a little high.

• 18th Jan 2015

Amazing place. Kind staff, comfortable bed. I decided to take up the offer of buying a meal and was not disappointed! So much food including much needed veg! A great way to experience Soweto

Very Nice! Thank you Maria and Lebo and staff. Mariët and Marcell from Holland!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We had a fantastic time at lebos. Highlights were celebrating new years at the hostel with the locals. Great community spirit and staff.

Great hostel with fun vibes! Really enjoyed the bike tour. Staying in this hostel truly gets you to experience what Soweto is like.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at lebo's! Always felt very safe, staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I was able to see many interesting things in Soweto. Thanks!

• 30th Nov 2014

Had a good time. But I could point out a negative point: Was travelling with BazBus, from this hostel had to take a shuttle to Joburg BrownSugar hostel. Would think that hostel have to arrange this often but still. BazBus works with timetable, had to leave on monday morning. So they called the bus how late they would leave at Joburg (was 8:30am) and arranged a shuttle at 7:30am for me. But, 1.the shuttle was too late, 2.no one there in morning, 3. in traffic jam, so too late, luckely bus waited.

Lebo, the owner, is a very nice guy that will get you in the heart of Soweto and make you feel like home He took me to a birthday party where I was very well welcomed

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

I had an amazing experience in Soweto, the hostel is great, the staff very friendly which makes the stay there really cosy and relaxed!

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Greece

They offer airport rides, both ways. As the distance is quite far from JNB, it is good to arrange everything ahead. Soweto bike tours arranged from the front door.

Charming place, good bike tour, private room for single was great. Bunny chow was delicious!

Great team and great opportunity to know Soweto. I truly recomend. Do also the 4 hours bike tour.

I really wanted to stay in Soweto and this place allowed me to do so. The staff was extremely nice, friendly and helpful. They made a considerable effort to help me to do everything I wanted to do and to see everything I wanted to see. I am very grateful to them for all of their help. The atmosphere at this place is really cool as well. I really felt like I got a sense of Soweto (and South Africa) there too. It's a great place for anyone who wants to see and comprehend a township. Thank you.

Awesome hostel. The shuttle to and from the airport was a little pricey, but the hostel itself was well-priced, with great breakfast and dinner available for a reasonable cost, very helpful and kind staff, nice fire and bar and places for people to meet each other, and a great 4 hour bike tour of Soweto.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5