Leeds Metropolitan University Reviews

Kirkstall Brewery, Broad Lane, Leeds, England

very clean, secure, helpful staff, Kate A** , nice room, great place ,

Nice place to stay on a budget. Secure rooms, clean kitchen area and good buses back and forth to the city center. Would stay again....thanks

The accomodation was alright, beds weren't made and room wasn't spotless - but it was ok. Very very noisy at night, groups of drunken lads came crashing into the buiding shouting and banging on doors at 4am. I appreciate this wasn't the staffs fault though. On the plus side it was a nice location, a short drive or bus ride from Leeds city centre, and there is a large supermarket a few minutes walk away. Would stay again, but hopefully with better fellow guests.

Everything met my best hopes. Being uni - based I expected some slight noise and disturbance from students (even though out of semester time) but no, it was as close to 100% satisfaction in all respects as I could ever hope. Many thanks to all concerned. I certainly hope to visit again when I am in the area.

• 26th Jul 2014

This is a great place to stay with your own room and two showers for 6 people. Not a hostel atmosphere but suited me for what I needed. 15 min bus ride to the centre of Leeds.

Too far away from Leeds City Centre.

Second time I stayed here beside the one toilet not working properly and a broken door knob to the shower...everything was fine. I stayed in another area of these accommodations last time so these problem were probably a isolated problem to this section. Would stay here again, if in the area....thanks

the location is not good but is acceptable at this budget. It took more than 20 mins to walk to the rail station.

Great place, if it wasn't that far away from the city centre - it would've been perfect

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Estonia

Although it was a bit further out of town than I realised. It is quite close to Headingley train station, which has good connections with both the city centre and York. Also I found that mobile reception was quite limited. But the staff were very friendly and the 24/7 check in is a huge plus.

• 4th Aug 2013

Only complaint would be a lack of cooking facilities.

Cheapest private room in town. A 20min bus ride from the centre. Clean, quiet but basic kitchen facilities. Exactly what I needed. Would stay here again.

I know the name says it all but this really is not a hostel. It's a huge complex of houses with student rooms. it's an ok place if you just want to a bed to sleep, there is nothing more to be found here though.

Nice accommodations in a off season student uni complex. clean secure rooms and nice cooking space. Once you understand which bus to catch it's easy to get back and forth into the city. I would stay there again when in Leeds...thanks !

In an old brewery the buildings were really gorgeous, it made me want to stay and study there. It was really quiet and clean, i've spend a really good night there.

• 25th Aug 2012

It was very quiet and peaceful. The hot water part of the shower didn't work. The room was clean, basic but had everything I needed. The staff could have been more attentive but there was nobody around for me to contact if I had a problem, only a security guard on the reception desk which was quite far away from my residence.

Many thanks for a great stay best budget accomodation in Leeds

I've stayed at the Kirkstall residence twice and both times I was very happy with it. The property straddles the old Leeds to Liverpool canal, which gives the place a unique character, and you can watch the canal boats go by. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's close to a Morrison's supermarket and bus stops, although a bit of a distance from the railway station - about a 5 - 10 minute ride by bus.

no internet

• 4th Aug 2012
  • China

The facilities were excellent. The staff at the reception were friendly. The atmosphere was serene and calm.

• 3rd Aug 2012