Legends Reviews

Via Curtatone 12, Rome, Italy

The night we were checking in, there was a guy at the reception and he was highly impolite and unhelpful. The next day morning there was another receptionist and he was fine. Payment was asked to be made only in cash and card was not accepted. We have to go back to withdraw money and return. A card payment channel is something very basic and is expected everywhere. It was disappointing.

Free pastries were nice, pizza was just ok, but you don't really get free dinner at a lot of places, so that's a plus. Also a good way to meet fellow travelers. Still, the place lacked a real atmosphere and was a bit overpriced (even though all Roman Hostels are).

I think my favorite part about this hostel was the staff, the one girl recommended a ton of stuff to see, along with a delicious and relatively cheap local restaurant. They also give free breakfast and free pizza every night which is nice when you're a broke college student:p

• 29th Oct 2014

The hostel staff was very friendly and my room was clean. The breakfast and coffee were nice they had free pizza for me at night which helped me save money on dinner costs in Rome. The location was very convenient because it was close to the train station, but the hostel itself was very hard to find. Overall, I would definitely recommend staying in this hostel.

I don't blame hostels for having bed bugs, this is just a risk travelers take and most places deal with it well when they discover them. I am choosing to bring it up on this email because the staff did not handle it well when I was biten. The person at the desk clearly had no idea how to handle and did not even apologize for what happened or offer any kind of assistance. I checked out early of course and they almost made me pay for the night I canceled, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Overall stay was fine. Staff helpful with directions. Overcharged us by 40 euro. Pay in cash with no receipts because card reader is “broken”. Also, AC is “broken”. Not enough outlets in the room for number of people. One bathroom for 6 people is tricky. Renovations were done in the room (spackling and painting) during “Lockout” which is from 10AM-3PM without notification. Showers are scalding. Your choice of burning yourself or taking a cold shower.

Very good location and staff is friendly and helpful

great friendly staff---------

Great location right by the central station (Termini). The room and bathrooms were cleaned 1x/day but somehow managed to always get really dirty & gross. Small common rooms and general tight atmosphere made it a place to just sleep, not hang out and meet people.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and the room was very clean. It is situated near Termini station so you can easily reach the hostel from the airport bus stop and then you can go almost everywhere by metro or bus from this place. The breakfast was a little bit light (croissant + coffee). To me the best point is the free pizza that permitted me to meet easily nice and friendly people.

Location is very close to central train station and lots of mini-markets and restaurants nearby, it's just a 20 minute walk to the main attractions of rome. Lockers under bed. Aged building, and a little hard to find.

I was only here for one night after getting a late train that night but it was too expensive for what you pay for. Located close to main train station but too far away from all the main sights of Rome to be as pricey as it was. Also the breakfast in the morning was rubbish a croissant and a coffee is all you get basically. I thought the bed was actually quite comfy although it did make a lot of noise if you moved which can be annoying for not only yourself but others in the room.

This hostel is pretty average, the rooms are dark and small. The breakfast was ok but the pizza was inedible. The worst part was the staff, they didn't communicate with each other so I had to explain the same thing many times, and there was just a general air of not caring about anything.

First of all, Thank you for staying here in our hostel. 2nd, if I not contended in my stay in the 1st night, I will not stay in one place for 4 more nights. 3rd, the pizza is Free & delicious, saids of the other clients. Maybe you did know the taste of italian pizza. 4th, it is not true that the room is small and dark, because the there is a window and room is illuminated and above all the room is clean and very safe.

Security was fine, although it was very annoying to have to put your card in the slot next to the door to turn on the lights and such, making it easy to forget your card. Location-pretty far out, we had to walk about 15-30 minutes to get to anything. Staff was not helpful in locating free tours, and wouldn't offer up information unless asked specifically. No real atmosphere. Sort of clean, but whatever they use to clean the bathroom floor doesn't work.

Legends is conveniently located just a short distance from Termini Station. The hostel is situated inside of a residential complex and is rather difficult to access. The rooms are well appointed and extremely clean. A good night of sleep is difficult, however, as the noise from the restaurant on the street level lasts well into the evening. WiFi does not reach all of the guest rooms. Breakfast was good though. There are better hostels in Rome. I recommend staying elsewhere.

Great hostel!! It was very close to the train station and metro. You can reach all the major sites in a matter of minutes. And the staff was really friendly and helpful! Especially, Roni who was able to deal with all my last minute changes. I would stay there again :)

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The staff at Legends are all very friendly and it is a well run hostel. Corby was especially nice and made sure I found my room all OK on arrival - "thank you" :) . This hostel is close to the main railway station (+ metro and where the airport buses stop) - and the area is not rough or dangerous or anything like that. So I would also recommend Legends for convenience. Some rooms are at another building just a few doors away- and actually I preferred this other building. Recommended!

Had a great stay. Rooms were good, but windows need to be fixed to block the sunlight early at morning.

Location is close to main train station however not much else around. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was big however when we arrived the beds hadnt been made and were still the dirty sheets of previous people. Staff didnt give much help regarding things to do or how to get to places. The tea and coffee you get in the mornings is terrible as it comes out of an automated machine.

• 8th Sep 2014

My girlfriend and I had a pleasant time at the hostel. The facilities where clean great atmosphere, pretty good location, and the staff where friendly. However we did feel they where lacking a bit of knowledge regarding some tourist sites, specificity the night life in Rome.

• 7th Sep 2014