Lemon House Reviews

Jalan Pelabuhan, Gang Melanting 5, Padang Bai, Indonesia

The evening before arrival found out our 'confirmed' booking was double booked so we had to traipse around the town looking for somewhere else to stay and ended up paying more than what we would have liked. Had £5.13 deposit taken out of my account and would like this to be returned if possible! Double bookings can't be helped sometimes but suggest notifying hostel owners etc to update sites as quickly as possible to avoid this. I'm sure it's a good hostel just didn't get a chance to see

The view over town is excellent, and can be seen from the common room or the private suites. The staff was also very nice and helpful, but no one was there when we arrived and so we waited about 90 minutes before anyone came back to help is check in.

Fantastic hot water! Good breakfast! The views were fantastic as we were half way up on hill. Close enough to both Blue Lagoon and White Sand Beach. The downside: Constant noise, prayer from mosque, announcements from harbour, boats totting horns. We got tickets arranged via hostel. The porter was useless. Kept yelling to hurry, then just randomly pointed us to harbour. The only good thing was assurance we had real tickets. Didn't even offer to take our bags on his motorbike.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Simple but clean with great breakfast and friendly staff. Great value for money for a stop off in padang bai to/from the gili islands. Watch out for the stairs up to the hostel with a heavy rucksack!

Good place to stay, with a nice view over Padangbai. Rooms were clean, bathroom was clean. Our stay was absolutely very pleasant for the low prices you pay. Breakfast could be improved, but was good enough. One night we slept in another room with other people, those rooms only have a very small window near the ceilings. We didn't mind though.

• 10th Aug 2015

I arrived at 6:02PM and the staff had already left. They had also lost my reservation... I ended up sleeping on the couch so it all worked out. It has a nice view of the town up on the hill.

I was so happy that I stayed my first night in Bali here at this hostel. I recommend you spend a few extra dollars and get the room with the AirCon. The staff replied to my emails and helped me book a fast boat ticket. They have a beautiful view of the whole village and make breakfast for you in the morning (a very nice surprise). Overall, I recommend this place if you are going to be in the Padangbai area.

Wonderful place. Wonderful employees. Wonderful view. Breakfast is okay. Out of the bustle of town. Great.

• 24th Jul 2015

the map you send is very useful but please replace the photo map with standard google map :)

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Poland

Very friendly staff, amazing from the hostel over the town, very clean.

• 8th Jul 2015

The hostel is situated on a hill with a great view over the village and the sea. It's a calm, friendly place where I would go to again.

• 1st Jul 2015

If you want to go to Gili island. You can get cheaper (200k RP) fast-boat ticket at harbor, ps: also faster than MARINA.

The two guys running it were wonderful, super friendly and made a great breakfast. Pillow and bed were hard, so the sleep wasn't great. And the doors to both the hostel and dorm were frequently left wide open, which made security an issue. There was a small locker for valuables though. Good location, right next to the harbor. It was a nice place to relax and plan the next leg of my trip.

Great views, very attentive and friendly Staff and a very nice breakfast to look forward to.

I booked this on a last minute whim and the owner was there to meet me, show me round the place and was surprised that he had been running it for 8 years as it looked brand new. The one thing that let it down was my room was by the front door and it's possible that anyone can come from outside and just walk in but the Balinese people aren't like that. Bit of a bad experience in that other people in the hostel did not speak as they were connected to their laptops/mobiles but wasnt hostels fault.

Splendid hospitality, beautiful view from terrace and very clean. Could have a bit more snack selection to save the trip down the stairs for last people :) Thanks guys for the awesome chilled atmosphere and your kindness.

Lemon House is a beautiful hostel on top of a hill overlooking the bay . The staff is amazing, so friendly and attentive, i feel like I have left with friends. Facilities are nice, only one bathroom to share but that's the only negative I can think of and it was no problem at all. Breakfast every morning was delightful and a great way to start the day. Will definitely be back to Padang Bai, for the sole purpose of enjoying this hostel !!!

The staff were great, the view was superb. great way to eat your delicious free breakfast in the morning. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Very nice and spacy Location with clean rooms and facilities. The view from the balcony over Padang Bai is amazing. But overall the staff was extraordinary...Lemon House the best place to stay in Padang bai. Forget the rest