Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Arguably the greatest hostel in Rio, only bad part of our experience was the noise and inconsideration from other guests. Location could not be better!

Surely this must be the best hostel in Rio?! I have just left and am already thinking about when I can go back! Such a great place. The staff are fantastic. I was worried about my swollen feet and ankles but Bia helped me so much. She makes great caipirinhas too. I felt really at home here. The beds are comfy, showers lovely, the cleaning staff do such a good job. It is spotless. It's a well organised, secure, friendly and fun hostel, right by the beach. I highly recommend to everyone.

We absolutely loved our stay here, it was a lovely hostel with really friendly staff, nice accommodation and the breakfast wasn't half bad. We even made some nice friends here too- I would definitely recommend staying here and would go back in a heartbeat- the free Caprinha always helps too!

Excellent staff who really make the hostel what it is. The breakfast was great, the air con in the rooms strong. Bathrooms always clean and the cleaning staff work around the clock to always make the place spotless. Individual lockers in the rooms and outside the rooms. One minute walk to the beach/shops/restaurants/supermarket. We met lots of cool people but the best thing about this hostel are the amazing staff who went above and beyond. Thanks guys, you are all amazing - Ed & Kalyn

I cannot say enough amazing things about this hostel! Really this hostel became my "home-away-from-home" not just for me, but for many other travelers I met - the staff was exceptional and went above and beyond expectations to make my stay personable. Incredibly clean facilities - even smelled of natural lemongrass cleaner. Great outdoor hang-out area, and located in a prime location between shopping street and beach in a safe neighbourhood of Leblon. Don't miss staying here! Thank you staff!

This location was insane, and the facilities were incredible. The atmosphere could have been better, but i think maybe that was a reflection of the space and just the crowd. Big shout out to Rodrigo, he was a huge part of why we liked Lemon Spirit, even if our stay was short.

People were great, location relaxed and safe and excellent with easy bus links. Nice sidewalk cafes around. had a good time. Would highly recomend it !! thanks guys!!

Despite being simple, this hostel is cozy and very enjoyable. Staff was great, full of tips and very friendly. Location is amazing, literally one block from Leblon/Ipanema beach and closeby the bars' area. Bathrooms are individual (this was AWESOME), and the bar has good drinks. The outside area is good to make friends, too. I'd definetelly reccomend the hostel.

This hostel is 100% the best hostel you can stay in whilst in Rio. Perfect location moments away from the beach and the staff are absolutely amazing they make the place, there is no task too big, they are always happy to help. The cleaners work tirelessly, so the place is spotless. Rodrigo and Natalia are fantastic and absolutely made our stay, so nice they are more then welcome to stay with us in London. In fact all the staff are great. We Stayed 5 days longer then planned ... Defo book here !!

My place in rio. Friendly staff, amazing location... And beds are really great. Conrado Muylaert

This hostel is close to perfection. Everything is thought about. The location is great, though its in Leblon which is not that close to the main attractions, but is compensated by being close to the beach in a safe area. Wifi, A/C, breakfeast and common area are all very good

Always a pleasure to stay at Lemon Spirit, excellent staff and very good location, worth the price! Thank you guys!

The staff here are super friendly and really helpful! It's in a Great location close to the beach and only a short taxi to lapa! They have a great range of tours which help you to see all the sights if you have a short time! Loved it!!

• 18th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Super clean, 4 bed dorm has plenty of space. One block from the beach and short walk to ATM, supermarket and shopping mall.

Good place right next to the beach. Staff were helpful and nice and the Caprihinas are good! My only criticism is that the 6 bed dorms we too small and would be better suited with 4 beds - it's too crammed. And a toaster or toast is machine at breakfast wouldn't go a miss. Otherwise definitely recommend down to location and available tours and activities.

La persona que atendia en el turno tarde -noche no fue amable en explicarnos las facilidadea que existian. Room was very small (and i was in a 4bed room) , 6 bathrooms on the second flor but 3 of them had no lock ... this hostel wasnt what i expected . The location was very good thats it

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Peru

Worth the stay and great people to be around

Lemon Spirit is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff is super friendly and always willing to have a chat or go out with the guests. Great hostel if you want to party but still have a nice and clean room. Highly recommended!

Very pleasant hostel with great staff in the best part of Rio. . 3 minute walk to the beach (Leblon) . large variety of restaurants around the hostel . large variety of shops around the hostel . security inside and around the hostel is very good . near the Lagoon

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We loved our stay at the Lemon Spirit Hostel! The location is absolutely amazing, it's one block from the beach, and a five minute walk to the lagoon. The Leblon area also has many bars nearby and it's very safe. The staff was awesome, specially Rodrigo/Gaspar/Natália - thanks guys! The common area is very nice, providing a great place to meet other travelers. The facilities are overall very good, and very clean! I am looking forward to come back to Rio, and when I do, I'll definitely stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4