Superb 1,962 Total Reviews
Superb 1,962 Total Reviews
Lemon Spirit Hostel Located at Rua Cupertino Durao #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro 22441-030 Rua Cupertino Durao #56, Leblon
94% 1962
-22.9848946 -43.2204623
    Rooms available

• Ribena92
  • England, Female, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

I cannot say enough good things about this hostel!! Having never travelled solo before it was a great place to start off. It's in a nice safe area which is close to the beach and shops. Buses, metro and taxi's are all close and cheap to get you to the places further out. The staff were amazing! Especially Thiago who took time to get to know people and have a conversation with them. This also can be said for Panda behind the bar - both great guys. Fantastic atmosphere overall! I will be back!

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Nov 2016

Amazing hostel! Perfect location, just a block from Leblon beach and close to the metro station to get further afield. Staff super friendly and helpful. Breakfast average for Brazil but plenty of fresh fruit and juice. Rooms are a bit small but the lockers are big, although the rooms did get a bit cold at night (could pay extra to rent blankets though). Wifi is good! Place is well set up for socialising, but it was a bit dead when we were there (early Nov).

28th Oct 2016

They keep this hostel clean all day! Seperate showers and bathrooms and friendly staff. Plus great location. Would stay here again next time I am in Rio

25th Oct 2016

Staff is very friendly. However they did not provide me with accurate tourist info in two occasions, when I asked for a bike rental shop in the area and when I told them about visiting Santa Teresa. Unfortunately, the shop recommended did not exist anymore and the train to Santa Teresa operates only until midday, so when I got there the last train was departing the station and It happened on my last day in Rio :-( Apart from that, I can not complaint. I had a very good time there!

18th Oct 2016

My expectations for this hostel were completely surpassed. Lemon spirit is a brilliant hostel in a great location which has found the magic formula like an alchemist and does everything with panache. Rooms are great, facilities perfect and the bar which is run by the maestro Panda cranks out the best caipis. Thiago is the party king extraordinaire, who guarantees you have fun. Ana, Gaspar and Nino provide the best info, help and banter. Damn I miss this place, fist bumps to the Lemon crew.

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
19th Sep 2016

Overall it's simply a great place to stay in Rio. So close to the beach, with great staff and a mean caipi made by Panda (the bartender, really cool dude). Good breakfast, comfy beds. I really liked the atmosphere of the place, met some cool people while I was there and the staff was really helpful with recommendations. I don't think I'd stay anywhere else when I come back to Rio again.

• England, Couple, 25-30
18th Sep 2016

Loved our stay here. Great location in Leblon, right by the beach. Friendliest staff I've ever met in a hostel. Dorms are cosy but good under bed lockers help with that. Good breakfast. We've already booked to go back next time we are in Rio

16th Sep 2016

Great place to stay. The location is perfect and staff makes your stay comfortable and friendly. A nice choice in the end ;)

16th Sep 2016

,One of the best I've stayed in!!!! , Panda, Thiago , Nino, Gaspar and of course the lovely Anna are what make this place so great!!! Location is fantastic, close to the beach, transportation everything you want. It looks like it could a bit away from everything when looking on a map but it's not. The gang here really take care of you! Food suggestions, tour bookingsgreat atmosphere, safe, clean, and well set up. Pandas Caipirinhas are "ok" mine are better, the student has become the teacher!

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
9th Sep 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The location in ipanema is brilliant, close to the beach and the MTR and the neighbourhood seems very safe. The hostel was super clean, especially the bathrooms! The staff were the nicest, friendliest and most helpful staff / people I came across in S America. This is a really sociable hostel and has a great kitchen/patio/common room/chill out area and has a great vibe with great music, however it is not loud or intrusive and you can get a good sleep!