Lemon Spirit Hostel

Superb 2071 Total Reviews
Superb 2071 Total Reviews

• Denmark, Couple, 18-24
18th Apr 2017

A brilliant hostel in an awesome neighbourhood just one block from the beach. The facilities are good and there is an awesome bar where you can meat other travelers. However, what makes this hostel absolutely amazing are the staff. Especially Tatiana who was extremely helpful when we had trouble with a withdrawal. Thank you so much!

• Israel, Male, 25-30
16th Apr 2017
2.0

Everything was perfect, till you get shouted at like crazy in front of everyone. That feeling isn't worth anything.

• Norway, Female, 18-24
5th Apr 2017

This hostel is very kosy and social. You feel at home from the first day. The location is close to the beach, supermarket, and restaurants. The rooms Are a bit tiny, But we only slept there, and spent little time there. They have many bathrooms there, and breakfast is as you usually get on hostell. I tried 3 different hostels in Rio, and this is definetly the hostel i enjoyed the most! The room and kitchen could have been more clean, But it really didn't matter.

• jakesimmance
  • England, Male, 18-24
3rd Apr 2017

Stayed here for 5 nights, loved it! Was our first time in South America and Lemon Spirit really gives you a good feel for Rio. Also great demographic; I was here with my mate and we met loads of young people our age who we could go to bars with and go out with. 1 minute walk from the beach. Loads of nice bars/restaurants nearby. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
30th Mar 2017

Best hostel we stayed at in Rio. Very clean (cleaners there for 11hours per day). Decent breakfast with fresh fruit. Best showers we have come across so far in SA. Bunks comfy (but noisy when someone rolls). Aircon at night works well. Staff friendly (night guy doesn't speak English but wasnt an issue). Very secure with locker below your bed. Wifi decent (sometimes dodgey in the rooms). Good atmosphere and really good tours offered. Side note laundry is really expensive in Rio, do it before you come

27th Mar 2017

Location. Location. Location. The best part of this hostel. Fairly social set up, but the bar closes early. I enjoyed the free caipirinha night though! The staff was very kind and I would stay again. Thanks!

• Venezuela, All Female Group, 25-30
23rd Mar 2017

Me and my friend stayed here for a long weekend getaway. It was my first time staying in a hostel and I was pleasingly surprised by how nice the staff were and how secure, clean, and organise everything was. I loved everything about it so I will definitely be back! I recommend this place with no doubt! Thanks to everyone!

• England, Male, 18-24
22nd Mar 2017

Fantastic place to stay for your first visit to Rio de Janeiro. In an ideal location, with fantastic staff, a special thanks to Panda, Tattiana and Nino. They were all extremely helpful, giving fair and impartial advice and really making an effort to ensure that you were comfortable at all times. This is the first review I have written and I feel that this hostel really does deserve a stellar review. Thank you very much Lemon Spirit and I shall see you again soon.

• England, Female, 31-40
20th Mar 2017

Love this hostel! Everyone who works there is so helpful and informative about Rio and the different things you can do. It's got a good balance of party vibes if you want it, or chill if that's not really your thing. The downstairs space is really communal and spacious and the hostel is clean. Great location too - you can practically roll out of bed on a hangover, and onto the beach! One thing I would say is - fans would be good for the rooms when the air con is not on as it can get a bit hot

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
19th Mar 2017

Great staff, extremely helpful. Decent beds and good common areas. Loved it