Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent hostel, they deserve their Hoscar. Only one small thing which they might improve on is having a place to dry beach towels and shorts outside of the bedrooms. Apart from this they do everything right!

Great hostel in a great area of Rio. We hadn't heard of the area of Leblon, but we were so glad we stayed here! A 5 minute walk from the beach which was always very quiet and not as hectic as the Copacobana Beach just down the road. Beds were comfy, great breakfast and the staff were all really helpful. We felt very safe in this area.

Extremely good located. The room was a litle bit noisy and the bed wasn't so confortable.

LOVED this hostel. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in and I've done my fair share of travelling. The bathroom facilities are clean and regularly cleaned. Best thing about the hostel is the staff. Extremely helpful and they quickly become more like friends. They will mingle with you and encourage people to mingle together and will make sure everyone is comfortable and included, most will stay around and drink with you after their shift. The staff really make this place!

Staying at Lemon Spirit was so amazing. Along with it being extremely clean, the staff really made the experience one to remember. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone in the rio area.

• 24th May 2015

I really enjoyed my stay! It's super clean, the rooms have aircon, the staff are really helpful and there's something to do every night. I would definitely stay again

Excellent location! Great vibe! Good breakfast, tight rooms but with big lockers for backpack and luggage. Friendly staff, and did I mentioned location!? 2 blocks from Leblons beach, I dare you to beat that! Greaat value for money!

Ecxelent hostel. Best Hostel ever. I would never stay in other hostel when in Rio. Thanks Lemon Team.

One of the best experiences I've had in my life. I loved that the hostel is just 1 block away from the beach, in a very fancy neighborhood where there are a lot of restaurants and famous bars to go. The staff is great, I made very good friends and I would definitely recommend this place :). I only need to comment about the taxi to the airport. The taxi driver was a douchebag, the cost was 70R but he insisted it was 80R and would not change his mind so please, take it into account :).

I wish I could give MORE than Excellent for this hostel. I had the BEST time here with the very best people. I would go back in a heartbeat if I could - the hostel was clean, super friendly and excellently located. I miss it heaps!

Nice hostel but the wifi is terrible and it's too loud in the rooms.

Great hostel, great rooms, good showers, good brekkie. One of the guys on staff wasnt as good as the other, it was like we were annoying him, the one on nights. But the other - the one the morning shift until like 3pm was awesome and helped my friend with her flights and even called the airline to help resolve a problem! Above and beyond!

It is a little too pricy during the weekend but it's definitely a good hostel. Located right next to Leblon beach but far away from the lapa area (45 reals approx). Breakfast is good and rooms are not overcrowded. Staff could smile a little more!

Great hostel, really knowledgable and friendly staff. Perfect place to be.

Excellent location, clean and extremely friendly!

• 14th Apr 2015

Nice Hostel but a bit more likely a Flashpacker. If you like some comfort, Lemon Tree will be your best bet. If you're a bit more the alternative-traveller-type, you probably won't like it that much. Good value for money and really walking distance to the beach.

Everything was excellent, the staff, the location, the room, all very good! I truly recomend this hostel!

Awesome hostel in one of the best neighborhoods in Rio! Traveled by myself for a long weekend, and the staff was super helpful in coordinating tours, restaurant recommendations, etc. Not the most social hostel I've ever stayed in, but still pretty easy to meet people at the bar. By far the best Wi-Fi I've ever had at a hostel too, big plus! Excellent location if you're looking to spend time on the beach. Get breakfast or grab an Acai from Big Poli's on the corner if you know what's good for you!

• 3rd Apr 2015

The Lemon Spirt is back to it's golden times... the hostel is clean, has good atmosphere... the social area does it's job. I had a good time there !

Great hostel in a great location & very clean. Everything was great but felt like the staff could be a bit less serious and interact with the guest more. The best person there was Rodrigo he was always happy and smiling and interacting with everyone. I also didn't like that if you wanted a blanket you had to pay for it. Towels I understand but blankets?

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels