Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

While for the most part this hostels as great the man who ran the front desk was grumpy and unhelpful. He didn't really seem to know what was going on and twice gave us wrong information that we built plans off of. He cleaning staff was lovely and the other staff was awesome! The facilities were nice as well.

• 21st May 2014

Great place to meet people and have a good time! The staff are friendly, helpfull and relaxed! I recommend this hostel to evryone!

• 19th May 2014

You could think about offering the additional service of for leaving the luggage stored for some time. That can be really helpful for travellers. Hopefully for free - or at least for low value. ;) Thanks for the nice stay!

had a great time at lemon spirit, fantastic hostel with great staff and nice comfortable common area. would advise anyone traveling to Rio to stay there. beds were comfortable, room size of 6 people was perfect, plenty of space to secure belongings. one of the best hostels I stayed in on my trip.

Excellent place. Really well located (5 minutes from leblon beach). Good staff speaking a lot of langages, nice chilling areas. There is always previous parties but the hostel is quiet as week as bar closes at 11. Perfect for partying and relaxing as well

The guy that works at the front desk is not very friendly or helpful. The location is great, close to the beach and in a safe neighborhood. Very clean and good breakfast

The hostel has a great location just one block from the beach. Perfect if you want to stay close to the beach and in a safe areas (I also stayed close to Lapa, which definitely didn't feel as save as Leblon). The hostel has some really good common areas, but the rooms are quite small and old. I paid a lot for thursday and friday night (the 2 other nights I stayed were reasonable priced though), but for almost 60 dollars pr night (friday and saturday night) I would have expected a bit more value.

a bit on the expensive side, but worth the money! nice facilities, clean showers, great breakfast, great location. I´d stay here again for sure

The only problem there is that if you share a room only with your friends, there aren't keys to close the door, and the door doesn't close completly. Its bad to chage clothes and even for security. During my stay there someone entered in my room and took my mobile and ipad charger. Only in my last day the orwner look at thew videos and I could recover it. The staff (mainly the service maid) are good!

Book this place. Unbeatable location a block away from the beach. Awesome staff, shout out to rodrigo, one of the best hostel bartenders. Great place to come as a solo traveler, as there are lots of hostel events and parties and the place attracts a good crowd. One of the cleanest and nicest hostels I've been at, as there is a cleaning staff that goes through every room, every day. Thanks to lemon for a great time in rio

Best location in Rio, just one block from the beach and close to markets and restaurants. My room (4-bed mixed room ensuite) was really small but there are lockers outside to leave your backpack, which helps. Staff is friendly, place is clean, nice common area. I ad a very nice stay!

Great hostel to stay in . Good fun to stay in and met some really cool people.staff were a really good laugh, know how to enjoy themselves and they do a cracking caipirinha! One small slight downside is the room doors aren't locked but as long as you trust your fellow travellers and lock your important gear away there shouldn't be an issue.highly recommend!

Excellent facilities and location!!! (one block away from the beach and close to bars and restaurants). The hostel was really clean. Cool atmosphere, definitely a place for meeting people and having fun. I really enjoyed my stay at the Seven Lemon!!!

Super clean, bathrooms get constantly cleaned from 8 am - 7 on and there are always enough to go around. A little bit of a party atmosphere. Definitely normal to stay in with a book, but plenty of people into going out. I also did not meet anyone over 30 here, if that matters to you.

• 15th Apr 2014

This was a great hostel with a great experience. It was clean and an active hostel. The staff was excellent along with the cleaning crew. Near the beach like 2 blocks away. I highly recommend it here it is well worth your money

• 14th Apr 2014

Awesome, location. Fun and friendly atmosphere, well worth a stay.

I had a really good stay at this hostel despite it being rainy in Rio! Only comment I have is they seem to offer a transfer service, when I came to the desk just before 9am t(as had been arranged with them) there was only a maid who spoke limited English. She went away, came back and basically told me to get a cab... Whilst this turned out cheaper there didn't seem to be much organisation.

very central and one block to the beach. I am sure lots of people will love this place but that is very much a place to stay if you want to party and stay in the most fancy places in Rio (and expensive). For me that is not the typical Rio (Santa Teresa, Lapa...) The area is very expensive as well but the hostel is clean, quite big, with lots of communal space and good atmosphere

Favorite hostel ye! Amazing staff! Second we walked in we were greeted with a free drink and good advice on what to do in the area. Offered various amounts of tours to explore the city by day and night. Plus helped with transportation to other cities. The free breakfast is very good and the cleaning ladies keep the place tip-top. Stones throw away from the beach and many restaurants/bars. Rodrigo Rodrigues is the bartender and one of the best hosts you can ask for. Do a tequila shot with him :D

• 9th Apr 2014