Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The only problem there is that if you share a room only with your friends, there aren't keys to close the door, and the door doesn't close completly. Its bad to chage clothes and even for security. During my stay there someone entered in my room and took my mobile and ipad charger. Only in my last day the orwner look at thew videos and I could recover it. The staff (mainly the service maid) are good!

The staff is amazing. I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone was. Anyone who didn't absolutely fall in love with the entire staff is just a bad person and you shouldn't listen to anything they have to say. It's a little pricey for what it is, but that's Ipanema for you. If you want to save money on anything, don't stay in Ipanema. Great atmosphere, great bar, I even dug the cleaning staff - Maralene is adorable. Facilities could be cleaner, could be more room, but it's a great place.

Book this place. Unbeatable location a block away from the beach. Awesome staff, shout out to rodrigo, one of the best hostel bartenders. Great place to come as a solo traveler, as there are lots of hostel events and parties and the place attracts a good crowd. One of the cleanest and nicest hostels I've been at, as there is a cleaning staff that goes through every room, every day. Thanks to lemon for a great time in rio

Best location in Rio, just one block from the beach and close to markets and restaurants. My room (4-bed mixed room ensuite) was really small but there are lockers outside to leave your backpack, which helps. Staff is friendly, place is clean, nice common area. I ad a very nice stay!

Great hostel to stay in . Good fun to stay in and met some really cool people.staff were a really good laugh, know how to enjoy themselves and they do a cracking caipirinha! One small slight downside is the room doors aren't locked but as long as you trust your fellow travellers and lock your important gear away there shouldn't be an issue.highly recommend!

Excellent facilities and location!!! (one block away from the beach and close to bars and restaurants). The hostel was really clean. Cool atmosphere, definitely a place for meeting people and having fun. I really enjoyed my stay at the Seven Lemon!!!

Super clean, bathrooms get constantly cleaned from 8 am - 7 on and there are always enough to go around. A little bit of a party atmosphere. Definitely normal to stay in with a book, but plenty of people into going out. I also did not meet anyone over 30 here, if that matters to you.

• 15th Apr 2014

This was a great hostel with a great experience. It was clean and an active hostel. The staff was excellent along with the cleaning crew. Near the beach like 2 blocks away. I highly recommend it here it is well worth your money

• 14th Apr 2014

Awesome, location. Fun and friendly atmosphere, well worth a stay.

I had a really good stay at this hostel despite it being rainy in Rio! Only comment I have is they seem to offer a transfer service, when I came to the desk just before 9am t(as had been arranged with them) there was only a maid who spoke limited English. She went away, came back and basically told me to get a cab... Whilst this turned out cheaper there didn't seem to be much organisation.

very central and one block to the beach. I am sure lots of people will love this place but that is very much a place to stay if you want to party and stay in the most fancy places in Rio (and expensive). For me that is not the typical Rio (Santa Teresa, Lapa...) The area is very expensive as well but the hostel is clean, quite big, with lots of communal space and good atmosphere

Favorite hostel ye! Amazing staff! Second we walked in we were greeted with a free drink and good advice on what to do in the area. Offered various amounts of tours to explore the city by day and night. Plus helped with transportation to other cities. The free breakfast is very good and the cleaning ladies keep the place tip-top. Stones throw away from the beach and many restaurants/bars. Rodrigo Rodrigues is the bartender and one of the best hosts you can ask for. Do a tequila shot with him :D

• 9th Apr 2014

Best hostel ever!!!!

Great location right next to the best beach in Rio!

One thing to say about this hostel: WOW!!!! Through my journey around South America, this was by far the best hostel! Nice rooms, atmosphere, staff, LOCATION, breakfast, very safe, a lot of shops and a range of restaurants nearby. Totally recommend and would go back again!

seriously? why can't all hostels be like that?... awesome staff, amazing location, clean and great value for money!!

The Lemon Spirit is excellent. Had everything that I needed. First, the location is excellent, one block from the beach. Leblon is a very safe neighborhood. The staff? MAGNIFICO, Lucas, Nati, Rodrigo and Gaspar are amazing. Always ready to help, and talk. I go out a couple of night with they, and it was wonderful. The Lemon is a very clean hostel, great rooms. important is that you can rest well if you need. I recommend 100%.

Great place, very friendly and definitely worth a stay here.

I can really recommend this hostel! The only thing what was bad was that my towel was gone when I left it on a chair.

• 28th Mar 2014

Its location is great but staff is not really helpful and provide enough information so you have to be pushy or they should like you?! Remember they don't give keys, we were told because the security is high with the cameras etc. and there i no need that so you must have your own lockers otherwise will have to buy it from them. Breakfast is OK, atmosphere is good, right near the beach, but I wish the stuff could speak more English, similey and willing to speak up. Thanks for reading.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels