Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Superb location and good atmosphere, friendly vibe.

Most of the reception staff are all moody except for Rodrigo who is spot on allot of fun and polite. Tip for the staff at Lemon Spirit. It's not out fault that we have big notes that the cash machines spit out, getting annoyed because we want to buy a bottle of water and with only have a 100real note is not cool. I have an idea, how about you make it a daily routine to go down to the bank once a day and get change. Problem solved...

Fantastic hostel - great atmosphere, amazing and helpful staff, excellent location close to the beach as well as shops, restaurants etc. All areas are very clean at all times. The hostel is small enough to feel personal and has a good mix of guests. Only small negative is that the air con is off during the day which makes sleeping after a night out impossible. Still, in short Lemon Spirit is all you want a hostel to be and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Rio!

To be honest. Nicest hostel I've been at so far. It has an amazing breakfast, awesome staff and cleaning ladies. Really nice people. Felt like home after 4 days. Everything is always clean. Bathrooms are always clean. I am definitly gonna go back right before my flight home! Special thanks to Bia and Rodrigo!

One of the best hostels ever. The staff was amazing and everyone that stayed there were equally amazing. Breakfast was excellent and AC worked very well in the rooms.

I've stayed in Lemon 7 times, so needless to say I love it there!! It is located just one block from the beach and very close to good restaurants and cariocas bars. The beds and showers are great and clean, thanks to Marlene and her crew! The staff is very nice and always happy to help! Nath and Lucas are absolutelly awesome! And Rodrigo makes the best caipirinha ever!! The hostel has a nice chill out area where I always meet nice people! This is for sure the best hostel in Rio!

Great location, slightly cold staff, atmosphere is aloof, good beds/linen and bathrooms. Overall, good stay.

The staff was the best, location better imposible. Thank you so much Lemon Spirit for these days. It was home to me. And I felt very confortable, and it was also fun! The perfect balance between relaxing and party. Quiet place at night if you want to sleep early, but party and friends if you want to go out. Privacy and excellent facilities. Loved it! Will come back!

Great hoste in the best Rio's beach!

Arguably the greatest hostel in Rio, only bad part of our experience was the noise and inconsideration from other guests. Location could not be better!

Surely this must be the best hostel in Rio?! I have just left and am already thinking about when I can go back! Such a great place. The staff are fantastic. I was worried about my swollen feet and ankles but Bia helped me so much. She makes great caipirinhas too. I felt really at home here. The beds are comfy, showers lovely, the cleaning staff do such a good job. It is spotless. It's a well organised, secure, friendly and fun hostel, right by the beach. I highly recommend to everyone.

Lemon Spirit Hostel is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. From the second you walk in you see everything is very well kept with modern furniture, TVs, and a kind staff. All the bathrooms are always clean and are big and private for the showers and toilets. We stayed in a 6 bed female room and it was great. The bunk beds weren't scary rickety and there was air conditioning at night. The location in Leblon in prime as well... Only one block from the beach! Definitely recommend!

• 13th Jan 2015

Everything was great, the rooms were cleaned every day and the location couldn't be better. Rodrigo was very helpful and the breakfast was quite good! Our only comments would be that the staff on night duty was really unapproachable and at times abbrasive, practically kicking us out at midnight from the commonspaces, which all though may have been him just enforcing a rule, the attitude seemed unnecesarily hostile.

We absolutely loved our stay here, it was a lovely hostel with really friendly staff, nice accommodation and the breakfast wasn't half bad. We even made some nice friends here too- I would definitely recommend staying here and would go back in a heartbeat- the free Caprinha always helps too!

Excellent staff who really make the hostel what it is. The breakfast was great, the air con in the rooms strong. Bathrooms always clean and the cleaning staff work around the clock to always make the place spotless. Individual lockers in the rooms and outside the rooms. One minute walk to the beach/shops/restaurants/supermarket. We met lots of cool people but the best thing about this hostel are the amazing staff who went above and beyond. Thanks guys, you are all amazing - Ed & Kalyn

great hostel. located just off Ipanema beach, on a safe part of the beach and Rio Hostel ticks all the boxes, great facilities staff and nice atmosphere in the hostel Recommend staying here if you visit Rio

I cannot say enough amazing things about this hostel! Really this hostel became my "home-away-from-home" not just for me, but for many other travelers I met - the staff was exceptional and went above and beyond expectations to make my stay personable. Incredibly clean facilities - even smelled of natural lemongrass cleaner. Great outdoor hang-out area, and located in a prime location between shopping street and beach in a safe neighbourhood of Leblon. Don't miss staying here! Thank you staff!

This location was insane, and the facilities were incredible. The atmosphere could have been better, but i think maybe that was a reflection of the space and just the crowd. Big shout out to Rodrigo, he was a huge part of why we liked Lemon Spirit, even if our stay was short.

People were great, location relaxed and safe and excellent with easy bus links. Nice sidewalk cafes around. had a good time. Would highly recomend it !! thanks guys!!

Despite being simple, this hostel is cozy and very enjoyable. Staff was great, full of tips and very friendly. Location is amazing, literally one block from Leblon/Ipanema beach and closeby the bars' area. Bathrooms are individual (this was AWESOME), and the bar has good drinks. The outside area is good to make friends, too. I'd definetelly reccomend the hostel.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels