Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel is pretty good, very clean and comfortable, the cleaning girls were amazing, but the staff at the reception was very unfriendly, never saw something like that in a hostel!!!

super clean for the clean freaks! staff are great! leblon is a less crowded and nicer area of the beach then the others. it's safe but also the most expensive food wise.

Ive booked just one night and decided stay another 2. Awesome location, just 1 block from the beach! Wonderfull Staff Lucas, Rodrigo (bar Legend), Nataglia and Caspar Ciao di Italia!!! They just install key card access in all rooms. Do not miss the chance to do Hang Gliding, it was the best sensation on my life!

Hostel is in a great part of town, we had no issues going out at night. The tours were not cheap, but pretty good value and provided good guides. Having to pay to rent a towel is fair enough, but having to pay to rent a blanket was a bit rich. A clean and convenient hostel. Props to Rodrigo for being easily the friendliest staff member.

Great hostel, staff is friendly and bar is cool!

Its a great hostel to stay! Location is great-close to beach and food places, bank, malls. Its super duper clean! Staff was so friendly! I had an amazing time. Thank you!!!

Great hostel, great staff, and excellent facilities. Everyone was very friendly, there were a lot of guided tours you could do for an additional cost, but the staff was also more than happy to provide information on those tours if you wanted to do them on your own without a guide. One of the best hostels I have ever been to, and when my stay was over I was definetly a little bummed to leave. Stayed for a full week, next time I'll make sure to book two! Oh ya, and complimentary breakfast!!!!

Superb place got everything the atmosphere was amazing!! I would stay here all time time in rio

I had a great stay at Lemon Spirit. It was recommended by someone who knew Rio, because of its location in Leblon, maybe Rio's best neighbourhood? Very close to the beach, shops (even a brand new shopping mall a couple of blocks away) and Ipanema beach. Furthermore the staff was great, always in for a laugh or talk and very helpful. Also there's loads of activities, even though you don't need to be a party animal to feel welcome there.

While for the most part this hostels as great the man who ran the front desk was grumpy and unhelpful. He didn't really seem to know what was going on and twice gave us wrong information that we built plans off of. He cleaning staff was lovely and the other staff was awesome! The facilities were nice as well.

• 21st May 2014

Great place to meet people and have a good time! The staff are friendly, helpfull and relaxed! I recommend this hostel to evryone!

• 19th May 2014

You could think about offering the additional service of for leaving the luggage stored for some time. That can be really helpful for travellers. Hopefully for free - or at least for low value. ;) Thanks for the nice stay!

had a great time at lemon spirit, fantastic hostel with great staff and nice comfortable common area. would advise anyone traveling to Rio to stay there. beds were comfortable, room size of 6 people was perfect, plenty of space to secure belongings. one of the best hostels I stayed in on my trip.

Excellent place. Really well located (5 minutes from leblon beach). Good staff speaking a lot of langages, nice chilling areas. There is always previous parties but the hostel is quiet as week as bar closes at 11. Perfect for partying and relaxing as well

The guy that works at the front desk is not very friendly or helpful. The location is great, close to the beach and in a safe neighborhood. Very clean and good breakfast

The hostel has a great location just one block from the beach. Perfect if you want to stay close to the beach and in a safe areas (I also stayed close to Lapa, which definitely didn't feel as save as Leblon). The hostel has some really good common areas, but the rooms are quite small and old. I paid a lot for thursday and friday night (the 2 other nights I stayed were reasonable priced though), but for almost 60 dollars pr night (friday and saturday night) I would have expected a bit more value.

a bit on the expensive side, but worth the money! nice facilities, clean showers, great breakfast, great location. I´d stay here again for sure

The only problem there is that if you share a room only with your friends, there aren't keys to close the door, and the door doesn't close completly. Its bad to chage clothes and even for security. During my stay there someone entered in my room and took my mobile and ipad charger. Only in my last day the orwner look at thew videos and I could recover it. The staff (mainly the service maid) are good!

The staff is amazing. I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone was. Anyone who didn't absolutely fall in love with the entire staff is just a bad person and you shouldn't listen to anything they have to say. It's a little pricey for what it is, but that's Ipanema for you. If you want to save money on anything, don't stay in Ipanema. Great atmosphere, great bar, I even dug the cleaning staff - Maralene is adorable. Facilities could be cleaner, could be more room, but it's a great place.

Book this place. Unbeatable location a block away from the beach. Awesome staff, shout out to rodrigo, one of the best hostel bartenders. Great place to come as a solo traveler, as there are lots of hostel events and parties and the place attracts a good crowd. One of the cleanest and nicest hostels I've been at, as there is a cleaning staff that goes through every room, every day. Thanks to lemon for a great time in rio

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels