Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff was the best, location better imposible. Thank you so much Lemon Spirit for these days. It was home to me. And I felt very confortable, and it was also fun! The perfect balance between relaxing and party. Quiet place at night if you want to sleep early, but party and friends if you want to go out. Privacy and excellent facilities. Loved it! Will come back!

Great hoste in the best Rio's beach!

muy bien todo, las instalaciones y el servicio, destaco la limpieza permanente durante el día en los dormi y áreas comunes. El personal amable y con buena predisposición a las consultas. El desayuno discreto pero correcto para un hostel. Nos resultó incómodo el colchón y el aire acondicionado no se podía prender en el día, solo a la noche. Y que la gente habla fuerte y gritan de madrugada cuando regresan al hostel a dormir y no se los controla para que no molesten a los demás. (4 o 5 am)

Arguably the greatest hostel in Rio, only bad part of our experience was the noise and inconsideration from other guests. Location could not be better!

Excelente ubicación y atención del personal, sin embargo tuvimos problemas con el aire acondicionado en nuestra habitación lo que fue bastante desagradable para las altas temperaturas de río de Janeiro. Más que una crítica al hostel es a las personas que no cuidan la limpieza de este y no tienen claras las normas de convivencia en una habitación con mas personas.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Chile

Surely this must be the best hostel in Rio?! I have just left and am already thinking about when I can go back! Such a great place. The staff are fantastic. I was worried about my swollen feet and ankles but Bia helped me so much. She makes great caipirinhas too. I felt really at home here. The beds are comfy, showers lovely, the cleaning staff do such a good job. It is spotless. It's a well organised, secure, friendly and fun hostel, right by the beach. I highly recommend to everyone.

Lemon Spirit Hostel is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. From the second you walk in you see everything is very well kept with modern furniture, TVs, and a kind staff. All the bathrooms are always clean and are big and private for the showers and toilets. We stayed in a 6 bed female room and it was great. The bunk beds weren't scary rickety and there was air conditioning at night. The location in Leblon in prime as well... Only one block from the beach! Definitely recommend!

• 13th Jan 2015

Everything was great, the rooms were cleaned every day and the location couldn't be better. Rodrigo was very helpful and the breakfast was quite good! Our only comments would be that the staff on night duty was really unapproachable and at times abbrasive, practically kicking us out at midnight from the commonspaces, which all though may have been him just enforcing a rule, the attitude seemed unnecesarily hostile.

We absolutely loved our stay here, it was a lovely hostel with really friendly staff, nice accommodation and the breakfast wasn't half bad. We even made some nice friends here too- I would definitely recommend staying here and would go back in a heartbeat- the free Caprinha always helps too!

No es la primera vez que me hospedo en el Lemon, y siempre nos reciben super bien! La limpieza y la ubicación son cosas a destacar. El personal es muy amable. Sin dudas voy a vover

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Excellent staff who really make the hostel what it is. The breakfast was great, the air con in the rooms strong. Bathrooms always clean and the cleaning staff work around the clock to always make the place spotless. Individual lockers in the rooms and outside the rooms. One minute walk to the beach/shops/restaurants/supermarket. We met lots of cool people but the best thing about this hostel are the amazing staff who went above and beyond. Thanks guys, you are all amazing - Ed & Kalyn

great hostel. located just off Ipanema beach, on a safe part of the beach and Rio Hostel ticks all the boxes, great facilities staff and nice atmosphere in the hostel Recommend staying here if you visit Rio

I cannot say enough amazing things about this hostel! Really this hostel became my "home-away-from-home" not just for me, but for many other travelers I met - the staff was exceptional and went above and beyond expectations to make my stay personable. Incredibly clean facilities - even smelled of natural lemongrass cleaner. Great outdoor hang-out area, and located in a prime location between shopping street and beach in a safe neighbourhood of Leblon. Don't miss staying here! Thank you staff!

This location was insane, and the facilities were incredible. The atmosphere could have been better, but i think maybe that was a reflection of the space and just the crowd. Big shout out to Rodrigo, he was a huge part of why we liked Lemon Spirit, even if our stay was short.

People were great, location relaxed and safe and excellent with easy bus links. Nice sidewalk cafes around. had a good time. Would highly recomend it !! thanks guys!!

Nos atendieron muy bien, principalmente Rodrigo, que nos dio buenas indicaciones, sugerencias y nos ayudó en todo. Lo que sí creo que es indispensable mejorar es el hecho de que solamente hay aire acondicionado en los cuartos en la noche. El calor de Rio es demasiado insoportable como para no poder contar con un cuarto donde uno se pueda quedar descansando un rato del calor. Creo que por el precio deberían contar con este servicio básico. Si no fuera por esto, mi puntuación sería

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Uruguay

Despite being simple, this hostel is cozy and very enjoyable. Staff was great, full of tips and very friendly. Location is amazing, literally one block from Leblon/Ipanema beach and closeby the bars' area. Bathrooms are individual (this was AWESOME), and the bar has good drinks. The outside area is good to make friends, too. I'd definetelly reccomend the hostel.

This hostel is 100% the best hostel you can stay in whilst in Rio. Perfect location moments away from the beach and the staff are absolutely amazing they make the place, there is no task too big, they are always happy to help. The cleaners work tirelessly, so the place is spotless. Rodrigo and Natalia are fantastic and absolutely made our stay, so nice they are more then welcome to stay with us in London. In fact all the staff are great. We Stayed 5 days longer then planned ... Defo book here !!

My place in rio. Friendly staff, amazing location... And beds are really great. Conrado Muylaert

This hostel is close to perfection. Everything is thought about. The location is great, though its in Leblon which is not that close to the main attractions, but is compensated by being close to the beach in a safe area. Wifi, A/C, breakfeast and common area are all very good

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels