Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel is 100% the best hostel you can stay in whilst in Rio. Perfect location moments away from the beach and the staff are absolutely amazing they make the place, there is no task too big, they are always happy to help. The cleaners work tirelessly, so the place is spotless. Rodrigo and Natalia are fantastic and absolutely made our stay, so nice they are more then welcome to stay with us in London. In fact all the staff are great. We Stayed 5 days longer then planned ... Defo book here !!

My place in rio. Friendly staff, amazing location... And beds are really great. Conrado Muylaert

This hostel is close to perfection. Everything is thought about. The location is great, though its in Leblon which is not that close to the main attractions, but is compensated by being close to the beach in a safe area. Wifi, A/C, breakfeast and common area are all very good

Always a pleasure to stay at Lemon Spirit, excellent staff and very good location, worth the price! Thank you guys!

The staff here are super friendly and really helpful! It's in a Great location close to the beach and only a short taxi to lapa! They have a great range of tours which help you to see all the sights if you have a short time! Loved it!!

• 18th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Super clean, 4 bed dorm has plenty of space. One block from the beach and short walk to ATM, supermarket and shopping mall.

Good place right next to the beach. Staff were helpful and nice and the Caprihinas are good! My only criticism is that the 6 bed dorms we too small and would be better suited with 4 beds - it's too crammed. And a toaster or toast is machine at breakfast wouldn't go a miss. Otherwise definitely recommend down to location and available tours and activities.

La persona que atendia en el turno tarde -noche no fue amable en explicarnos las facilidadea que existian. Room was very small (and i was in a 4bed room) , 6 bathrooms on the second flor but 3 of them had no lock ... this hostel wasnt what i expected . The location was very good thats it

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Peru

Worth the stay and great people to be around

Lemon Spirit is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff is super friendly and always willing to have a chat or go out with the guests. Great hostel if you want to party but still have a nice and clean room. Highly recommended!

Very pleasant hostel with great staff in the best part of Rio. . 3 minute walk to the beach (Leblon) . large variety of restaurants around the hostel . large variety of shops around the hostel . security inside and around the hostel is very good . near the Lagoon

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We loved our stay at the Lemon Spirit Hostel! The location is absolutely amazing, it's one block from the beach, and a five minute walk to the lagoon. The Leblon area also has many bars nearby and it's very safe. The staff was awesome, specially Rodrigo/Gaspar/Natália - thanks guys! The common area is very nice, providing a great place to meet other travelers. The facilities are overall very good, and very clean! I am looking forward to come back to Rio, and when I do, I'll definitely stay here!

Absolutely loved everything about this hostel - perfect and safe location, friendly helpful staff, great facilities and always stuff going on. Wish I could go back!

Great location, very clean! Beds could be more confortable.

It is a great hostel in a brilliant location. The staff are very welcoming and make every effort to ensure that you have a good night every night of the week. It was a real pleasure staying here and I would recommend it to anyone.

Nice hostel and close to beach. Not anywhere to relax and music plays all day. Nice if you want to meet people and party but if you want to relax then not. However the hostel is clean, wifi is good and beds are comfortable with good security.

I love Leblon and the hostel matches the neighborhood: top! Staff is serious about work but fun and friendly when interacting with us, creating the party atmosphere we all look for when in Rio. Had the best time ever! And the best caipirinha of my life (ps: I'm brazilian)

• 24th Nov 2014

Great hostel for meeting people and partying!

Me and my friend stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm. We couldn't sleep the first night when it was just the 2 of us as the old bunk beds made so much noise when you moved it was ridiculous. The next night 2 other guys moved in, and to be honest that tiny room is not designed for 4 guys to sleep in. I've stayed in hostels all over the world, and that has got to be one of the smallest, darkest rooms and the worst night sleep I've ever had. Location is pretty much away from bars and nightlife too.

• 17th Nov 2014

We had a great time at lemon spirit! Leblon is very nice, the hostel is literally 2 min away from the beach and you can easily take buses or taxis to Rio's main sights and going out places. The facilities are clean and convenient, the common areas are very cool but the room are quite small and missing some bed stands or shelves to put your stuff. The beds are very comfortable though. The staff was my favourite thing about the hostel: they were super helpful, and fun and easygoing!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels