Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

HIGHLY recommend this hostel! Every day / night there was something going on, with a great patio to hang out and meet other travelers. The staff was super friendly and went out with us around town organizing taxis and making sure we had a great time and made it back to the hostel safely. Would definitely come back again - one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!!

The staff was very nice and helpful. A great place to meet people.

• 28th Sep 2013
  • Israel

I enjoyed my stay at Lemon Spirit, I thought all the staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful especially all the guys (and girl) on reception. I was a female staying on my own and was the area was ok for me alone even at night. There are shops and restaurants nearby plus the beach. They included breakfast simple but nice and patio area was a good hangout. Only slight negative a couple of the lockers in my room were broken but they did have other lockers not in the room. Would def go back

The moment i arrived at lemon spirit i was greeted by staff and guests and before i knew it i was heading out to Lapa with fellow travellers i had just met, the staff and the guests creat a very sociable atmosphere wich makes you feel welcomed and at home.The rooms where clean, had good security and set in a faily good location, i cant think of many bad things to say except that its very pricey hostel on weekends but I would happily stay again at lemon spirit and im thankfull for the good times!

What really makes Lemon Spirit is the excellent staff and the prime location. Definitely worth a stay if you're visiting Rio.

• 16th Sep 2013

WAS PERFECT!!! Amazing place, good roons and fantástic Staff's.

The hostel was great. The bartender Rodrigo was amazing.

• 12th Sep 2013
  • South Africa

I finished my trip in Lemon Spirit and im glad i did. The hostel is a perfect location, everything within a 3 block radius of the hostel, the vibe of the hostel is super cool and the beds are good. The thing that made my trip though was the staff, best bunk of guys you could have, always ready to help and take you out and party with you. Really is the best part about the hostel!! The one and only downside is that there were some bed bugs, but the guys did try and fix it! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!

Noisy bed, noisy room (close to water heater) very small room

Great hostel ad out first point of call when arriving in Brazil. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and staff where up for nights out with the guests and definitely made us feel welcome!

Overall probably the best hostel in Rio. Leblon/Ipanema are the best districts especially as far as safety is concerned. (I was mugged at knife point, staying in Santa Teresa). This is one of the very few hostels with its own bar, Beach House replaced theirs with crummy private rooms, zbra has a bar but it is not as friendly. The lighthouse and others in the hostel alley in Ipanema are too grungy imo and not as sociable.Lemon does not seem to attract as many idiots as some other hostels.

The stay at lemon spirit hostel was fantastic, the staff is super nice which made my stay even better. The location is great, just two blocks from the beach and fantastic view of the landscape around, the showers all with hot water are clean and well taken care of. I would definitely stayed there again in my next visit to Rio, and definitely will recommend it to people.

On the first day I arrived, was bitten by mosquitos badly that my neck, body, both arms, legs, feet everywhere of my body were red & swollen & itchy!! I am really pissed off!! There is unknown insect jumping on the floor in my room. NOT happy!! There are so many red & swollen spots on my body, I felt like this is not me?! Don't they have some kind of spray to spray the room?? Don't they have such a thing called: Pest Control?? It really ruin my trip to Brazil... ... definitely not happy!!!

the bed needs refresh ...and the wood locker , pillow and mattress is have a small ..and the rooms light and power outlet dont help much ....the curtains need some more little fix.

• 30th Aug 2013

Excellent hostel in one of the best locations in Rio.

• 28th Aug 2013

Very warm, welcoming and helpful staff, a fun and vibrant environment/ambiance, a good breakfast and great location. Enjoyed my stay there!

• 21st Aug 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, well located hostel in a nice area close to the beach (a short walk to post 9 on Ipanema), found it very good for meeting other travelers, good breakfast too!

• 21st Aug 2013

It was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.The always have good activities for everyone in the evening. The location was really good as well, one block from the beach, one block from shops and restaurants. And we felt safe in walking in the area and staying in the hostel. The only problem we had was organising transfers to and from the airport. Make sure you give them very clear directions as to which terminal to pick you up from and leave extra early to catch your flight!

• 20th Aug 2013

Hostel was lovely, staff really helpful, offered lots of trips and tours and situated in a really nice area. Only complaint would be we were in the 4 bed on the roof and it was quite noisy and cramped with a sliding door that didnt lock or really close properly,

the location is great! it is not the cheapest place to stay, but i think the price is worth it! the staff is very friendly and willing to help you! Rodrigo the Barman makes GREAT caipirinhas!! i definetely recomended it!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels