Lemon Spirit Hostel Reviews

Rua Cupertino Dur�o #56, Leblon, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It was a great hostel. Very European-like. Just one block from the beach and the area is really nice as well. We wanted to go back when we got back to Rio but there was no availability :( . It has lockers to put your bags under the beds with your padlock. Really cool people!

Staff are helpful, professional and super friendly.. no language barrier which made life much easier..great location, clean and nice hostel with a character...awesome vibes :)

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Hungary

I had an excellent stay at the Lemon Spirit Hostel. It was very lively and social hostel. It is very easy to meet people. Simply grab a Caipirinha or beer from their bar, and sit outside in their sitting area with all the travellers. Spent many happy hours there! The staff were fantastic and very helpful, and took us out to some great places nearby. My only regret is I could not stay longer! Thanks everyone!!

Great staff, great vibes and was always clean. Only one block from Leblon beach . Highly reccomended hostel!!

• 4th Jan 2014

Loved this hostel, in a very safe area, beach and restaurants are a stones throw away

PROS: Great atmosphere, easy to meet other travellers. Plenty of bathrooms very clean. Staff speak good English and very helpful CONS: A little pricey than most hostels in Rio. Bedrooms fairly small

The hostel is in a great location one block away from Leblon beach. The bathrooms and common areas were clean. Everyone in the hostel was friendly. The staff was hit or miss. Some people were helpful and others not so much.

Great location and very friendly staff.

• 22nd Dec 2013

Good hostel in nice area of Rio. I would stay here again.

One of the best hostels I have been to. Many hostels provide good facilities but samba green has more than that, they provide you with a home, a family. The owner Carlos and also Felipe went out of their way to take me and other people staying to places no tourists would normally see. Many activities or events put on by the hostel are usually free of charge, they are not in it to make money, just to provide a good time, and spend time with fellow travellers.

More care on the transfer service.

The Lemon Spirit Hostel staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms and communal areas are fantastic. The travel books to peruse whilst you`re there are really useful too.

• 12th Dec 2013

FAB staff. Arrange tours etc for you. Do lots to help you out. Everything was good but only points I'd make is that it lacked character for me. I didn't get a raw Brazilian experience from it but this is COMPLETELY subjective! Also it was SO expensive for what it was. But I want to reiterate that the staff really were amazing and fun.

Excellent atmosphere, great staff...

HIGH CINCO!! This hostel is amazing. Location is one block away from the beach in Leblon, super safe and clean neighborhood with great restaurants and a grocery store around the corner. Great outdoor common area with hammocks. Met a tonnnn of awesome people from around the world. All of the staff are EXCELLENT, have already referred many friends to this hostel. Thank you to Rodrigo, Lucas, Nino, Natalia! I love all you guys and miss you dearly. HIGH CINCO!! - ya boy Anish

I really enjoyed my stay there! The hostel has a very good atmosphere , exceptional location ( 1 block from beach) and a very dedicated staff. Beds were comfy ( 6 female dorm) and I found the hostel clean. Breakfast was good enough . But what I liked the most was the bar and outdoors area that allows people to interact . it´s a great choice for who´s is traveling solo. I am def going back there and referring to my friends !

They should clean the bathroom more during the day, specially in the morings

This was the most fun stay I've ever had in a hostel. Staff and travelers were friendly and there were fun activities every day/night! I went during the (US) Thanksgiving break and everything I wanted in a vacation was there: beach, bargain shopping, tour of Rio, even got to watch a football match in Maracana. All of which were arranged through the hostel. The night parties organized by the travelers were wonderful too! Defintely recommend.

Awesome place with awesome people

• 27th Nov 2013

A nice and clean spot. Only 2minutes from the beach and the rooms have big lockers. The atmosphere was okay. I had a good time!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels