Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

we have four days in that hostel the strong point were the staff the location and all the facilities : good information on beijin, very good location close to the tianenmen place , reception staff very helpful and a friendly cheaper bar .A bad point on bathroom ....anywway we enjoyed our in beijin thank you

• 17th Oct 2014

I would stay here again. Even tough it was busy the hostel never felt crowded. Clean facilities with lockers in the rooms. Wifi didn't work for me the first night but it did the rest of the time. It is only in the common areas though. I loved the location! Great wall tour was also good.

Had a great stay at Leo's Hostel. The staff were friendly when you needed it and the facilities were fairly clean. Great location, right near majority of sightseeing locations and the Leo's Secret Great Wall Tour is a must see. Overall, very happy with my stay at Leo's Hostel!

• 14th Oct 2014

Front staff are not that friendly or helpful. Sewer smell in the room was overpowering. Wifi was down most of the time.

I am backpacking in different countries and stayed in a dorm-room at leo hostel. You get what you pay for here. I mean some of the staff try to help you but they are not as service minded that they said on there website. I did the wall tour but was a bit disappointed, the place good and not so crowded but the guide was really bad he just told us the name of the wall-part... And the lunch we got was cold. But i general it is cheap hostel with good location and thats nice.

Great Youth Hostal.Loxated right in the old town centre, relaxing atmosphere, incredibly helpful staff...I would happily stay there over and over again

Goed hostel. Prima ligging. En hele aardige mensen. Enige minpunten; bed in verhouding met andere hostels erg hard, douche iets vies en oud. Maar ik vond het een erg gezellig hostel. Dus ik zou er zeker terug gaan!

The staff at Leo's were amazing especially Benny who helped me purchase some GoPro items online as I'd left my stick on the train!!! He was fantastic and I was able to get everything I needed in a moment of crisis. Nobody stocked the items anywhere in Beijing and I couldn't buy online due to my western card. He took care of everything my items arrived 2 days later. A complete star and he went beyond expectations. Completely recommend Leo's wall tour too, it was away from the crowds and amazing!!

The hostel is in great location. It has a very nice bar and restaurant with great food at very reasonable prices. Mattress were very thin and made uncomfortable to sleep. Totally awesome the secret greatWall tour offered by the hostel.

I wish there were more bathrooms. There was a total of 4 toilets and 4 showers for everyone who did not not a private room, which really isn't much. The upstairs bathroom also smelled bad constantly. But the location is excellent, the staff is nice, and the downstairs bar/restaurant area was cool. I just wish they wouldn't let people smoke inside. In America indoor smoking has been banned for many years, and even though this is China, non-smokers should not have to inhale smokers' poison.

• 1st Oct 2014

Hello, thank you for your comments. There are 6 toilets and showers (including front and back). Following guests suggestions, we have added incense to the toilets and they smell much better now. We have added a no smoking area to one-side of our restaurant/bar with signs on every table. Thank you for staying with us - we look forward to seeing you next time :) Regards, LH

The staff was very helpful with good English. There was some confusion around a discount for pizza (different staff members had different ideas about how it would work). We did the Great Wall Tour which I highly recommend. National Holiday Week and there were almost no other people there! De Yuan Roast Duck Restaurant is 2 seconds away and AMAZING. Good hostel vibe and super location. The bathrooms, as usual in China, smelled terrible. Incense or something really would make a huge difference.

Hello, thank you for your comments. Right now, we have a special offer - book 2 tours and get half price pizza - sorry you spoke to a new member of staff! You are right, our Great Wall is a great experience if you want to be alone at the Wall - very few tourists even in the middle of a national holiday! Also, we have the best price/quality roast duck restaurant just down the street. We are happy you liked our vibe and location. Following your suggestion, we have incense to the public toilets!

Great place IF you are looking to meet people, drink, and stay up late; decent restaurant/cafe attached to it (service a bit slow, though) No one seemed to abide by the 'quiet at night' rule- people were yelling, playing music, and one guy was even playing the banjo in the dorm. No respect for others. 2 toilets and 2 showers were shared by 20-30 people which was terrible. Bathrooms smelled bc you couldn't flush TP. Helpful staff, though, and a great location. Cheap, too.

Hello and thank you for your great comments. We are Beijing's most sociable hostel, so it is easy to make friends. We do have signs on every door asking guests to stay quiet - but we will tell our night staff to do more checks! There are 4 toilets and showers (2 for men, 2 for women), and more at the back of the hostel. We are really happy that you liked our great location and our cheap winter price - see you next time for anothe great stay! Regards, LH

Nice hostel with good vibe. Bed in dorms can be very hard. Some have a sort of matress some don't have very thin padding. Bar area is great and Chinese food served there is nice. Ticket office for booking trains on same street which will save booking fee through reception. I would go back to same hostel if in town.

Hello, thank you for your comments. We are happy that you liked our hostel - we are probably Beijing's most sociable hostel and so its easy to make friends. Our restaurant is also quite popular with guests and locals, offering both chinese and western dishes. We look forward to seeing you next time! Regards, LH

Excellent location - make sure you explore the hutong area (art area)

Hello, and thank you for your comments. We have the best location in Beijing, just south of Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and the subway network. Theres lots to see in our historic hutong area, see market shops, residential areas and the art area... See you next time! Regards, LH

Whatever you think, LeoHostel is great!

Hello, thank you for your comments. Thank you for calling us great :) Please put some suggestions in our suggestions box next time and we will try to be even greater! Regards, LH

The only location of the Hostel is also great because it is very central....

Hello, and thank you for your comments. We have a great, central location inside ancient market streets. We hope you can explore more next time. Regards, LH

close to Tiananmen Square, but overall is the worst hostel that i have stayed not only in China but in Asia. Poor cleanliness, baths are disgusting, as well as some of the staff's behaviour. Once i tried to ask for something to eat, the bartender said that it was not possible because kitchen closed at 22:30 (it was 22:25). But one hore later come some guys and the staff opened the kitchen and cooked for them. I complained and the guy just said "that's not my decision". Impolite, bad way.

Leo Hostel is rather cheap for Beijing. It's location is really close to Tiananmen Square so it is in the heart of the city. The downside of that is that the surrounding shops and restaurants are a bit more expensive than in the outskirts of Beijing. We got a free upgrade to a four bed dorm though we had booked a six bed dorm. The hostel atmosphere is great, there are enough places to hang out. The staff is very friendly and most speak English quite well. Beer is 10 Yuan, Cocktails 20-30 Yuan.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. We have the best location in Beijing, we are the most sociable hostel in Beijing, and this winter.... we are the cheapest hostel (with free upgrades when necessary). Welcome to all! The local restaurants can be quite expensive, which is why many guests and locals prefer to dine at our Leo Cafe instead. We look forward to seeing you next time - remember there are cocktail specials on Tuesday and Thursday night ;) Regards, LH

Leo hostel was quite nice to stay at. It's fairly big and they serve decent food in their nice bar. They also have plenty of separate rooms. This does mean, however, that there's no kitchen where you can cook your own food. They have a really nice movie room with a big screen and plenty of movies to watch. Also, their wifi a bit slow and not so stable. And they charge the insane amount of 20 yuan per kilo to do your laundry, but you can get it for half the price in a hostel down the street.

Hello and thank you for your comments. Everyone likes our big restaurant/bar... We also think we have the best movies in China - its free and you can also leave suggestions for other movies that you would like to see. We have the fastest wifi available but lots of users can slow the connection and please remember that foreign websites will often take longer to load than chinese sites ;) See you next time for another great stay! Regards, LH

Very well-located and affordable hostel with a great social vibe, with the cafe/bar being a good place to meet people. My only complaint was being woken up several mornings by the cleaning staff. I was in a room next to a bathroom, and I think it was the staff that spoke very loudly very early each morning. Additionally, when everyone but me in my room checked out, the cleaners came in and noisily made up the beds even though it was 9 (and check out ends at 12). All in all though, recommended!

Hello, and thank you for your great comments! We are definitely Beijing's most sociable hostel :D . We apologize for our cleaning staff. We have explained to them that some guests like to sleep late and also some guests arrive from different time zones. We have also added a sign on every door telling the staff and guests to keep quiet in the corridors at all times! If you have any problems during your next stay, please find the manager! Regards, LH ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4