Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

No showers in the room but only in the common area, apart from that it was really, really great!

• 26th Aug 2015

stayed a week. location is excellent, close to subway and forbidden city. commons area, bar/restaurant, a/c, hot water good. wifi was terrible. set up vpn before you arrive. many sites blocked. everything overpriced by 40-50%.

Great hostel close to Tiananmen Square, temple of heaven, and forbidden city. It takes over an hour to get the subway to sights north of forbidden city. Only one guy at the front desk speaks English well but he is super helpful, all staff friendly. Hostel tour to Great Wall is awesome! Hostel bar is great place to meet people. Rooms are okay with decent aircon and the shared bathrooms are nice. Wifi is decent too. Cleaners start early and make a lot of noise.

Great vibe and atmosphere. Everyone's really friendly and helpful! Food in the bar area was fine and the location is fantastic! So close to everything you need in Beijing! The actual room was not very nice. Paint on the wall peeling, air conditioner leaking, extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work very well and out clothes didn't dry even though we hung them up for the whole two days we stayed- maybe a problem with damp?? Recommend the hostel though for the location and staff!

Brilliant location, lots happening around and 10 walk to forbidden city. Very likely hostel great to meet other travellers. Showers brilliant only downside there is no kitchen or free breakfast although there are pleanty of places to eat around it and they have a bar and restaurant on site. 24hr front desk was a bonus for us.

I stayed at Leo Hostel 3 times during my half year in China, once in March, another time in June, and the third time in August - and every time I was met with the most friendly, most hospitable, most welcoming people! The people working at the hostel recognised me when came I back, and they wanted to speak with me, just some simple chit-chat, but hey, it's the small things that count!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Great hostel but nothing too special. Hard for taxi driver to find at night but the next day we realized how easy it should have been. Only complaint is they allow Chinese people to stay there and they do not follow that rule. My last few nights it felt like I was the only traveler in the dorm room and I was surrounded by only chinese men. Also one night I noticed a homeless person sleeping in the atrium.

I really appreciated how friendly and helpful some of the staff members were. One in particular was a life-saver and helped us find a lost passport, which saved us a whole lot of hassle. Thank you so much!

Me and my friend stayed here, for two nights. It's the most helpful and friendliest hostels I have ever stayed in. We both had a massive dilemma on the Great Wall. Thanks to Leo staff who helped us massively so we were safe for the night. Amazing staff, really touch both of our hearts. We can't thank you guys any more. Amazing

• 3rd Aug 2015

i only was there at night and the staff were awesome, witch made me feel a good vibe, location excellent. clean

• 31st Jul 2015

Staff were great at helping us with where we wanted to go and booking things. It was a bit annoying that there was no communal bathrooms on our level so we had to walk through the bar to get there but that was only a small thing, the atmosphere wasn't as crazy as i expected but the position was amazing, ten minute walk from the forbidden city and other sites and near a lot of food

This is a great hostel! Really beautiful and clean interior with comfortable dorms. Great bar and restaurant, very social, and staff are super helpful and friendly. It is not the cheapest hostel in Beijing but it is worth every penny.

The location is great. It is very easy to find the hostel. People in there are very friendly.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • dreamtwoodstock
  • China

+++ Nice hostel, nice reception and bar staff. Great atmosphere and sociable hostel. Bathrooms are nice and clean and decent bar prices. Beer festival was fun. 'Secret Wall' Tour was great too (good price and a non-busy section of Great Wall). --- Dorm was a bit hot and dingy. Plug sockets were a bit off and hostel food a bit expensive but you're close to so many cheap local places.

The dorm was fine and the Great Wall tour was awesome!

I had stayed in Leo's hostel before and had no problem. However, this time I booked a 4 beds dormitory ensuite and when I arrived, they sent me to a 4 beds with no bathroom. It was a big problem, since I was with my family. When I asked them to change my room, I was informed that there is no such room (after some reforms) and nothing could be done. I believe that they could inform me before about these changes. I was looking for a 4 beds ensuite room, and that's why I decided to stay there.

Solid hostel located in the hutongs neighborhood just south on Qianmen station. Easy access to major sites in Beijing, nice beds, lovely common area and a staff that is helpful for everything from tour planning to food recommendations to connecting you with like minded guests! Would definitely recommend.

Great hostel, enjoyed my time here. Perfect location and a nice bar area to meet people. Staff are very nice too!

the staff is kind but not so useful, good english, the best atmosphere, the rooms are not perfect but enough clean, have a great location! if you are planning to visit Beijing for few days this is your hostel.

The food is cheap and good. Staff is friendly. Located very near to Tiananmen Square. We all could only get cold showers though and the room was very hot and a bit moldy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5