Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Nice hostel, fantastic great wall tower, 10/10 location. Only bad thing was the no toilet paper in toilet rule but I guess that's not really their fault.

First,when we asked about the restaurant which is famous at China they just simply point out the shop outside the hostel .I was disappointed because the shop they recommended service like hell. Second,the toilet bowl never clean and it was disgusting !Sometimes the tissues also out of stock. Third,I don't know what the hell is in the midnight there were couple or the workers argued outside my room and I can't sleep well that night.These are what I experienced at Leo Hostel.Terrible!

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Sorry to bring you these inconvenience. The restaurant we recommend you make excellent food in this area, maybe their service is not good because all restaurants do not have that good service, but they indeed provide the best roasted peking duck in this area. Our cleaning time is from 8.00 to 21.00. We feel sorry that the facilities were in bad conditions beyond that time. At last, our staff will not be in the hostel at night except one receptionist. Maybe that was becasue some customers who talk during midnight. Hope you could understand.

Great hostel!! Very good location and helpful staff at the reception:))

The hostel is beautifully decorated as most hostels these days are. However I found the dorm room to be very cold, not cozy at all as other hostels in northern China are as well I found one the two female staff members to be very cold, not very friendly and less than enthusiastic to help posing travelers. I say this after interacting with them on more than one occasion, so it was not just that they were having a bad day. One of the things that can make or break a hostel is the enthusiasm and wi

Had a very good stay at Leo Hostel! The staff was super friendly and helpful and the facilities were very good. Seriously one of the best hostel showers I've ever been to!

On a really nice little street. Very clean. Very friendly. Somewhat overpriced bar.

• 4th Dec 2015

probably the best hostel in Beijing, excelent location in "hutongs" area, close to Tiananmen square.

Very safe and fun area! Wish we stayed more nights!! If I ever come back to Beijing definitely staying there again :)

• 30th Nov 2015

Great spot. Good mix of people. Affordable. Great location. Clean. Nice hostel

This hostel is in a wonderful location the the price is right. However, the communal spaces had an unpleasant odour. The lobby/cafe smelled like cat litter and the hallway near our room smelled like rotting sewage. The toilets were frequently clogged, and the showers were not particularly clean. The beds were comfortable and the lockers and bed side lights were appreciated. Overall, decent for the price.

The toilets and showers could only be found in the first floor and they were freezing cold. Also it was so cold in our dorm, we had to sleep with our coats on. Location was excellent and the bar really nice. 10-bed dorm was spacious. In warm weather this hostel would be excellent.

I would recommend providing a number or service to guest for a taxi because it is very difficult to get a taxi from the area as well consider updating the advertisements on the door because you no longer offer the deals and that was disappointing. Also please tell guests when they check in if they are on the 2nd floor that the toilet is on the first floor because it was difficult to find when we got in late at night.

Excellent hostel! Very close from Tiananmen Square and just beside a market. Helpful and kind staff. Room, bathroom and common area were always very clean and the restaurant food was pretty good. Would definitely stay there again!

All good, laundry was a little expensive though

Very cool hostel,only a little too expensive for what it actually is. The air conditioning unit was 15 cm from my bed since I was sleeping on the top bed. On a personal appreciation, I think people travelling are becoming more disrespectful and alienated. There was door-banging during the whole night even though there are signs asking to be silent. People were skyping in the corridors and were very cellphone-introspective in the common areas. Yet, very cool hostel. Staying there again!

Good stay, but was not a fan of how open the 14 bedroom mixed dorm was. No curtains on the beds, so you could literally see everyone and the beds were VERY close together. The light in the back part of the room would not turn off and I had to sleep with it on, which sucked. Room and facilities were clean though, bathrooms were great.

Hostel in a great location, very clean. No toilet on the 2nd floor, you have to go through the bar to take a shower.

Great location in the hutongs near Tiannemen Square. The rooms were clean and wifi was good, they had hairdryers in the communal areas. There is a shop on the main road that has the ducks on a rotisserie which is about 40rmb for a whole one and they are amazing and way cheaper than a restaurant and you get the whole duck! Bring it back to hostel and enjoy!! The guy may tell you to come back because not ready yet, just go chill at hostel and come back(You will see it Onright walking up from TS.)

Great hostel. Good location close to the metro and friendly staff. Only complaint would be the constant dance music turned up so loud at all hours, in the evening it was fine, because it's in a bar, but at 9am? lol It was actually a little funny. I would stay here again for sure!

One staff member in the restaurant was exceptionally rude (skinny young guy), on multiple occasions. Front desk were really nice though (though they wouldn't give me hostelworld rate upon walking in, and knowing you cant book on the day almost doubled the price which was very annoying). Other than that nice hostel