Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

This seemed like a nice hostel but unfortunately when we werw there the heating was broken. It was so cold we both ended up with the flu! Staff were nice to us and gave us extra duvet blankets at no charge.

• 21st Nov 2014

So sorry about that.Actually,we were making a new heating System,so we will have warm Winter.Thank you.we will do better.

I stayed for a couple of nights in early November -- liked it a lot. Toilets were a *little* bit smelly, and the music in the bar was too loud (but you can't hear it in the rooms, at least not the ones upstairs, where I was staying). Overall, I liked it, and the location was exactly what i had been hoping for.

Thanks for you suggestion.we will provide better Services .

Good location in a walking street, lot's of restaurants around the guesthouse, very helpful staff!

Can't really go wrong, good location, nice little bar area, easy to meet people and a pool table... Can't ask for much more

• 3rd Nov 2014

thank you, Actually,we can give you more.LOL...

We've enjoyed our stay, BUT we killed a bunch of bugs which were running around in our room (even in beds), water in the shower was hot, but the low pressure made washing hair really tricky, upon the arrival there was no record of our reservation, even though I had my confirmation with me. Gladly, hostel managed to organise a spare room. We've been to a lot of hostels in China so far and somehow this one lacks laid back backpacking atmosphere. Hostel's trip to the Great Wall highly recommended!

Toilets and showers need some work. Hot water barely works.

Nice bar/restaurant and situated in a busy pedestrian street close to cafes and stores. I also enjoyed the Great Wall tour.

the hostel is beautifully decorated, the restaurant is very cosy. but they definitely need to do something about the smell in the bath rooms and they should also build/make more bath rooms cos there´s a long wait in the morning to shower.

we have four days in that hostel the strong point were the staff the location and all the facilities : good information on beijin, very good location close to the tianenmen place , reception staff very helpful and a friendly cheaper bar .A bad point on bathroom ....anywway we enjoyed our in beijin thank you

• 17th Oct 2014

There were COCKROACHES in our room, plus RATS were running on the ceiling panels above our heads at night waking us up! Place for those who want to have fun rather than rest, as it's still full of noisy and drunk people at night, throughout the week. CHINESE PEOPLE USE THIS PLACE AS HOME AND LIVE HERE, which means there is lots of tension, esp. with foreigners, over the cleanness, noise and use of space (cockroaches were feeding on food a Chinese family was keeping in the room). Don;t recommmend

Great atmosphere, close to Tiansnmen a Square and the forbidden city. Kind of a party hostel but the noise from downstairs does not seem to impact the rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

I would stay here again. Even tough it was busy the hostel never felt crowded. Clean facilities with lockers in the rooms. Wifi didn't work for me the first night but it did the rest of the time. It is only in the common areas though. I loved the location! Great wall tour was also good.

Had a great stay at Leo's Hostel. The staff were friendly when you needed it and the facilities were fairly clean. Great location, right near majority of sightseeing locations and the Leo's Secret Great Wall Tour is a must see. Overall, very happy with my stay at Leo's Hostel!

• 14th Oct 2014

Front staff are not that friendly or helpful. Sewer smell in the room was overpowering. Wifi was down most of the time.

Leo is a great hostel. It's situated in a main street close to the center of the city. It has a very nice bar and common space. The rooms are big enough and the staff was helpful. Can't remember anything to be improve... Good luck ;)

Great atmophere, close to Tiananmen Square and the metro. Staff friendly and helpful. Very lively without being noisy.

I am backpacking in different countries and stayed in a dorm-room at leo hostel. You get what you pay for here. I mean some of the staff try to help you but they are not as service minded that they said on there website. I did the wall tour but was a bit disappointed, the place good and not so crowded but the guide was really bad he just told us the name of the wall-part... And the lunch we got was cold. But i general it is cheap hostel with good location and thats nice.

Great location, just 10 min on foot from Tiananmen Square. It was a bit cold when I was there but I'm assuming they turn the heating on when it gets colder. There is a bar playing international music where people hang out. The internet there seems to be better than in the rooms. I had some bad luck as the connection was constantly dropping throughout my stay - hope they've fixed that by now. Staff were nice and helpful and make sure you do the Great Wall tour with them!

Great Youth Hostal.Loxated right in the old town centre, relaxing atmosphere, incredibly helpful staff...I would happily stay there over and over again

Goed hostel. Prima ligging. En hele aardige mensen. Enige minpunten; bed in verhouding met andere hostels erg hard, douche iets vies en oud. Maar ik vond het een erg gezellig hostel. Dus ik zou er zeker terug gaan!