Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Very good Hostel, would highly recommend.

I don't care how cheap the place is, nothing justifies such horribly inadequate and dirty bathrooms and showers. It was disgusting! I was afraid of touching the slimy and molded tiles in the showers which smelled for like a public piss room. I understand people were probably urinating in the shower so as to spare a visit to the toilet. But it just shows the showers were never washed or the smell wouldn't be so overpowering. What it takes just some soup and bleach and 5 min of scrubbing...

Great location, walking distance from the Tian'an men square and the metro. The best of Leo was actually the amount of people I met at the beginning of the month-long trip around China, many of whom I met later during the trip as many start their adventure in the capital, as I did. Really helpful staff

Overall not a terrible hostel. I've had better, I've had worse. The bathroom facilities were a bit shabby and not cleaned as often as you would hope. One of the reception ladies gave off the impression that she hated life. I can't imagine why you would be in hospitality if you weren't willing to help others and put on a smile.

Great staff, very nice common room.

• 25th Apr 2015

I spend 3 nights at the LEO hostel. I didn't know anyone when I can in and left with 8 new best friends. Super chill vibes very social common area, located near the forbidden city and a subway station. Its location is very central and great bang for you buck. Friendly staff too! The lockers are extremely flimsy - to the point where they're not even work using. They could use an upgrade. Also push back construction/renovations from starting at 7am to 10am.

• 25th Apr 2015

Me and my friends started our RTW trip here and it was the bet start we could have hoped for. We met the coolest bunch of people here to explore with. Great location and excellent staff, my card was swallowed at an ATM and they sorted it out for me, we also had an issue with the train tickets we had ordered and they sorted that out for us too. They even upgraded our room for free! Overall I would very much recommend this hostel and will hopefully be back one day!

Loud the smell from the bathroom was horrific. They where under construction(04/2015)... Banging metal at 8 in the morning by our room continuous for at least an hour. We arrived at 1200am as planned they had given our room away gave us a lesser room. The beer was good:) the staff was friendly and spoke good English.

One of the best hostels I ever stayed, and for sure will recommend to other friends. Super atmosphere and friendly staff, security well done, good location, and of course, the amazing downstairs bar. Wish I could have stayed in Beijing some more days just to enjoy the hostel a little more!The Great Wall tour is really really nice.It is better than Badaling Great Wall .

Great hostel, 10min walk to forbidden city and metro. The bar/ restaurant area is great - huge selection of Chinese

Our stay was OKAY. We'd hoped that they would be able to help us pick out our best Great Wall exploring option. I didn't want to do their secret wall tour because you could still see the outskirts of the city and I wanted to explore the Great Wall in the wilderness. They were partial to their tour and didn't end up being very helpful, telling us that the other walls were too far and not worth it. Was also not impressed by the large insect in my porridge. Other than that, the place seemed fun.

My next stay in Beijing will be at this place definitely bc I was really satisfied by the very wonderful atmosphere in lobby bar and the location. I suppose this is the best choice!

It's a good place to start your travel in Beijing. Facilities are a little old, But It is ok.Because this is China building. Rooms are small but already enough. Air condition is working well.Angus is a nice guy!!!

I live in China and have stayed in many hostels and Leo is as good as it gets!! Great staff, great location and great price! Also they help organise all kinds of trips at the lowest possible prices!! really really recommend them!!

Really clean bathrooms which is what I care the most about! Also friendly helpful workers and good food.

• 3rd Apr 2015

My favorite hostel in Beijing! recommend.

The hostel is clean with comfortable beds, adequate hot water etc. The location is exceptional at this price. The staff were helpful and polite. Cool bar upstairs and drinks are very well priced...

• 31st Mar 2015

The hostel is located near Qianmen Station (前门站) which makes traveling to other locations much easier. Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City were walking distance and there is much to see on the street of the hotel. The staff was friendly and very helpful! I would definitely stay again if I return to Beijing!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • American Samoa

This is one of my absolute favourite hostels in the world, nice and clean with moderate pricing and excellent location (walking distance to centre of Beijing).I was wondering how come I did not know it before and I'll be back!

The location is perfect, the staff are helpful, attentive and always smiling. The common area/bar is great with tasty food and budget friendly priced drinks.

• 18th Mar 2015