Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

They were working on the toilet upstairs.Hope they will finish as soon as possible.Staff are quiet helpful. I was a beginner to Beijing. The staff gave me lots of suggestions, including their special trip to the Great Wall. That piece of Great Wall was not crowded at all.No people there!You will never have such experience in the normal Great Wall!

• 4th Jun 2015

Overall, I found the hostel to be lovely. Very clean and great location. I highly recommend.

• 4th Jun 2015

Best location. Staff is very very helpful. They offer many services like tours and laundry and translation. The mysic is too loud for thd morning.

I liked the Great Wall tour. Food was just ok. Outlet in my bed was loose, I couldn't charge my phone there because the plug kept falling out of the outlet. Beds were comfy, especially for China. No curtain around the bed which would've been nice. I didn't like that my bathroom was unisex. I did like the atmosphere and the layout of the hostel. The hutong was cool to explore, and the overall location is excellent.

Super friendly and helpful staff! Great trip to the wall (almost no other tourists + onl party restored)!

Awesome hostel. The environment was friendly and the staff was very welcoming! The entire hostel was clean.

• 24th May 2015

I had an awessssssssome experience at the LEO from the helpful staff to the amazing food and great company. This Hostal is located right I'm the heart of Bejeing and just a quick 10 min walk to the forbidden city !!!!😃🎉😃🎉😃🎉☺️🎉

I honestly enjoyed my stay at the Hostel. It was a friendly environment. Sue and all the Staff are awesome.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Kenya

The hostel has a vibrant bar but sometimes no hot water in shower.

Great place and super friendly. Cafe and bar was good but would have been nice to have a kitchen to cook your own food also.

Really nice hostel to stay at. Very helpful staff. Will organise trip for you to the wall etc. Very comfortable beds.

• 11th May 2015

Very good Hostel, would highly recommend.

I don't care how cheap the place is, nothing justifies such horribly inadequate and dirty bathrooms and showers. It was disgusting! I was afraid of touching the slimy and molded tiles in the showers which smelled for like a public piss room. I understand people were probably urinating in the shower so as to spare a visit to the toilet. But it just shows the showers were never washed or the smell wouldn't be so overpowering. What it takes just some soup and bleach and 5 min of scrubbing...

Great location, walking distance from the Tian'an men square and the metro. The best of Leo was actually the amount of people I met at the beginning of the month-long trip around China, many of whom I met later during the trip as many start their adventure in the capital, as I did. Really helpful staff

Overall not a terrible hostel. I've had better, I've had worse. The bathroom facilities were a bit shabby and not cleaned as often as you would hope. One of the reception ladies gave off the impression that she hated life. I can't imagine why you would be in hospitality if you weren't willing to help others and put on a smile.

As a solo traveller it can be daunting when there are big groups staying. Loved the Great Wall trip and the movie room is handy. Staff were great when I arrived very late after a flight delay. Thanks again.

Great staff, very nice common room.

• 25th Apr 2015

I spend 3 nights at the LEO hostel. I didn't know anyone when I can in and left with 8 new best friends. Super chill vibes very social common area, located near the forbidden city and a subway station. Its location is very central and great bang for you buck. Friendly staff too! The lockers are extremely flimsy - to the point where they're not even work using. They could use an upgrade. Also push back construction/renovations from starting at 7am to 10am.

• 25th Apr 2015

Me and my friends started our RTW trip here and it was the bet start we could have hoped for. We met the coolest bunch of people here to explore with. Great location and excellent staff, my card was swallowed at an ATM and they sorted it out for me, we also had an issue with the train tickets we had ordered and they sorted that out for us too. They even upgraded our room for free! Overall I would very much recommend this hostel and will hopefully be back one day!

Loud the smell from the bathroom was horrific. They where under construction(04/2015)... Banging metal at 8 in the morning by our room continuous for at least an hour. We arrived at 1200am as planned they had given our room away gave us a lesser room. The beer was good:) the staff was friendly and spoke good English.