Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Great hostel at a great location, only downside is that you're not allowed to eat your own food downstairs at the seating area (because it's also a bar), so you have to eat your breakfast in your bed. You can order breakfast at the bar but it's a bit overpriced.

The hostel is a few minutes walk from the subway and Tiananmen Square. The staff was really friendly and helpful, they often answered our many questions about visiting attractions in Beijing. The showers were cold and did not have a curtain/door. Beds were big and comfortable.

There were no towels for dormitory, towels are only for private room. Two toilet and two shower room were there. Location is very good!!!! Subway station, qianmen street and tian an men square are located around the hostel. You can use free wifi everywhere in the hostel. A clerk can speak english well and room was warm thanks to heating. Next to hostel, super market is located. This hostel is nice to backpacker with limited budget.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Very good hostel.

The young Chinese lady on reception was extremely unhelpful and actually rather rude. I am American and have received very little assistance from her. She, seemed unwilling to help. Angus was very warm and extremely helpful.

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff was friendly and helped out whenever it was needed. I stayed in the 18 person room, which was a good size, and was able to make lots of friends. It was in the travelers area which wasn't far from the subway and the main cultural attractions of Beijing which made getting around easy. The restaurant food was a bit over priced but beers were good and plentiful. Stay here, it was awesome!

Great overall experience, and tasty food, but the dorm bed mattresses are so thin that I definitely felt like I was sleeping on cardboard. I kind of wrapped myself up into a duvet burrito and used the super comfy duvet as extra padding. So yeah, please get new dorm mattresses guys, everyone will thank you.

• 27th Dec 2014

The public bathroom upstairs didn't have warm water when I went to shower, so I had to dart across the freezing courtyard to get to the warm public showers. However, the staff are always super awesome when I go and the man who runs the cafe has taught me some Chinese (molihua cha, jasmine tea my fav).

Excellent location. Friendly staff with good spoken english. Average cleanliness if compared to chinese standards. Totally worth the money.

Can't praise staff enough, very helpful! Rooms were clean and warm. Bar downstairs is good, but no kitchen facilities although there is got water to make tea etc! Enjoyed staying here fantastic location very close to main sights and easy access to subway!

The hostel was clean and the staff were very accommodating but the room was so cold on the first night and none of the night staff could fix it. They took care of it the next day which was fine. Also the location is walking distance to the square and the forbidden city.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • tsmall4real

We enjoyed our stay at the Leo Hostel and the kindness of the staff. The location in the middle of the city is excellent for visiting all the interesting places

• 28th Nov 2014

Mattresses should be improved, too thin. Anyway completely recommendable, big dorms, clean, great movie room, nice staff and really good location.

On a busy street near a tourist spot. A bit of a walk to the closest metro. The heat was out because they were replacing the radiators while we were there in November and the wifi only worked in the lobby and bar. So to appease us they gave us extra blankets to fight off the cold. The only thing that made the stay pleasant was the accommodating staff. One guy at the desk up front that spoke English fairly well, helped with restaurant recommendations and pointing us in the right directions.

Heating wasn't working! Great location. Not so clean.

This seemed like a nice hostel but unfortunately when we werw there the heating was broken. It was so cold we both ended up with the flu! Staff were nice to us and gave us extra duvet blankets at no charge.

• 21st Nov 2014

So sorry about that.Actually,we were making a new heating System,so we will have warm Winter.Thank you.we will do better.

I stayed for a couple of nights in early November -- liked it a lot. Toilets were a *little* bit smelly, and the music in the bar was too loud (but you can't hear it in the rooms, at least not the ones upstairs, where I was staying). Overall, I liked it, and the location was exactly what i had been hoping for.

Thanks for you suggestion.we will provide better Services .

Good location in a walking street, lot's of restaurants around the guesthouse, very helpful staff!

Can't really go wrong, good location, nice little bar area, easy to meet people and a pool table... Can't ask for much more

• 3rd Nov 2014

thank you, Actually,we can give you more.LOL...

We've enjoyed our stay, BUT we killed a bunch of bugs which were running around in our room (even in beds), water in the shower was hot, but the low pressure made washing hair really tricky, upon the arrival there was no record of our reservation, even though I had my confirmation with me. Gladly, hostel managed to organise a spare room. We've been to a lot of hostels in China so far and somehow this one lacks laid back backpacking atmosphere. Hostel's trip to the Great Wall highly recommended!