Lera Surf Backpackers Reviews

31 de agosto 24 3 derecha, San Sebastian, Spain

Perfect location . place very clean

• 23rd Jul 2015

When we got to the "hostel" there was no reception, when the owner finally came we weren't staying at the location advertised on hostel world, the place we actually stayed was the apartment of the owner who was really rude and didn't accept any noise even tho it was meant to be a hostel

This is not fair review after you were "so noise at 5 am" and your friend vomit the in the kitchen's sink, next time rent a private apt. where you can do whatever you want ...

The location is awesome, it's right near old town. So if your looking for just location this place is good. But I didn't find it very clean or safe. There was no one to check me out, there for a didn't get my 10 euro for the keys back. Definitely wasn't worth the value, so glad I only stayed one night. I suggest you look somewhere else.

• 15th Jul 2015

Kind of like staying in a house with family. Earnesto the owner is like the big brother!

Are you guys hitting San Sebastian town tonight? ;-) Then give me an sms: +4670 4398875

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The owner was creepy and we left a night early as we felt unsafe

• 13th Jul 2015

this place was overpriced and understaffed. it says reception open between 9 and 2200 but the staff were almost never there! They provided services that were above the price I later saw in the rest of the town. if you want to wait over 20 mins for things to happen its good. when I saw the staff they were knowledgeable and helpful!

Great location in heart of Old Town. Host is a legend and really relaxed. Great social environment. The facilities are basic but this is the norm in San Sebastian. Clean beds and hot shower. Would recommend.

This hostel was in the perfect location and I felt very safe leaving my things there. Great staff that picked you up from the bus or train station for free. The breakfast included was simple - toast & coffee, but you could leave things in the fridge. I liked that it wasn't a huge hostel (only 10 beds) because it created a nice friendly atmosphere. Definitely recommend this hostel!

I enjoyed my stay here and I have positive things to say for the staff, location and atmosphere. Only issues I had were that washing was overpriced at 14 euros, most places in Spain have been half the price. They charge for luggage storage also which is normally free of charge. So overall I thought it was overpriced. I marked down cleanliness as mattresses and pillows are stained and old and should be replaced if possible.

Such a small hostel but it has a really nice feel and it's in a super awesome location, feels really homely. Brookie chook is a rad chick. We had some laughs! Get her to wash your clothes ;)

Didn't have hot water for one of my showers, beds super creaky with old pillows, cramped. Awesome location but not much else.

Needs a sign out the front but excellent homely hostel. Nice and small so you get to meet everyone.

All was really perfect!!!

Best hostel ever! The owner made such a wonderful environment and everyone was so friendly. It's only a small flat bit such a great energy! Aussies; you will be loved if you feed the owner vegimite :)

• 17th May 2015

Staying at Lera Surf Backpackers was GREAT. I mean, this is not the supercool hostel environment but it's totally clean and tidy and organised. Ernesto, the manager, is a SUPER COOL GUY, great chat, great to plays some tunes with, what a cool lad. Also, the location is wonderful, right in the heart of Parte Vieja, next to 2 must-go places: La Mejillonera and Gandairas. If you're looking for luxury, don't go there, but if you seek for value for money, there is the place to be. -Group of 4.

Thanks for the nice stay. Room was fine and breakfast more than fine for the price! The Argentinean host was a very nice guy and gave a lot of good travel tips.

• 4th May 2015