Lera Surf Backpackers Reviews

31 de agosto 24 3 derecha, San Sebastian, Spain

Laid back , friendly hostel with a nice feel. Great location, good facilities - more like having an apartment than being at a hostel. Definitely recommend!

This is he worst hostel I've stayed in. There is mould in the showers, the rooms were pretty filthy. There's barely power points - a powerboard with 4 sockets for 6 people near the door. But the worst part of all - I had to pay €4 to store my luggage for the day, and the guy Caio was meant to meet me there at 630pm but never showed up! Luckily another guest let me back into the building to get my things so I didn't miss my bus. 30 minutes later the guy still hadn't shown up! What a joke!!!!

I had such a great time at the hostel, the room I stayed in had been renovated recently as had the kitchen and bathrooms. The host/manager took us with him on the two nights I was there and he introduced me to some locals and people that were working in San Sebastián for a few months or on Erasmus. As a result I had a great night and became friends with the other people in the hostel who I then chose to travel with for a few days after. Staying there was the highlight of my interrailing trip.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

The one staff member who lives there is really nice, he showed us around and took us out at night. He made it a really relaxed and pleasant stay. However, the manager was incredibly rude and began to hassle another girl staying there as she had broken a key. As accidents happen she was apologetic and polite. The manager was incredibly unprofessional and started yelling at her saying she had something wrong with her, calling her the c word. Everybody could hear him. Disgustingly rude!

It´s just not worth 25 Euros. Even though it´s San Sebastian.

Location! It's right where you want to be! Staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Will definitely come back, had a great time and met some really cool people.

• 9th Sep 2015

In a great location, the rooms were well appointed however we did have difficulties checking in as we stayed in a seperate building which was a block away from reception.

Caillo (sp?) was a wonderful host, easy to talk to, and even generously shared his Brazilian dinner with the guests, including my friend and I.

Hostel had no working wifi and was extremely noisy (balcony door wouldn't even close properly) I'd recommend staying out of old town if this is important criteria for you. San Sebastián is easily walkable anyway. Hostel / apartment was often unlocked at front door and apartment front door whilst there were no lockers.

Overall the staff are great fun and extremely helpful and accomodating. The bathrooms aren't the best, quite small, but this was the only thing that I would say was a negative! The location is perfect, hard to find at first but easy once you know your bearings. Good set up and good vibes!

• 1st Sep 2015

Wouldn't recommend, one bathroom to all rooms, making it difficult to access toilet at times if someone is showering. Fan in room provided little to no relief in a very hot room.

Worst hostel staff, very intrusive and rude. Loud early morning. Rarely a staff member at the desk which was very annoying when we needed to ask questions. Breakfast included was a piece of bread and jam. Wouldn't recommend this hostel at all!

Ernesto was amazingly hospitable. I very much enjoyed my stay.

• 11th Aug 2015