Les Matins Bleus Reviews

22 rue Draa, Essaouira, Morocco

Wonderful relaxing stay. Friendly staff and good rooms.

Thank you so much - Samir, Youseff x 2 and the rest! And a specialthanks to Miriam for her wonderful breakfasts! I loved my stay at Les Matins Bleus and - who knows - one day I might be back. Under all circumstances I will recommend your guest house to anyone going to Essaouira! :-) Martin N

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

We stayed 3 nights at Les Matins Bleus, in October 2015. We chose a room on the terrace, which was great in October when the weather was relatively cool. The rooms have no air conditioning, which was fine during our stay, but I imagine the terrace rooms are very hot in the summer months. Other-wise, the bedroom is quite large and very comfortable. We made use of the tables and chairs and the couches on the terrace. The indoor ground floor table spaces are nice, too... and the salon is cozy.

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Really good place. Very helpful staff - especially considering I had mistakenly booked us a month ahead of the time we arrived. They found a room for us that night and a better one the night after. The riad is right in the centre of a lovely, relaxing town. You can chill well here - before or preferably after the heat and bustle of Marrakesh .

The deadbolt on the outer doors of the single room barely latched. From outside one could defeat the dead bolt with an easy pull. Didn't bother me but it might bother some customers.

The hotel was very centrally located, but off the main streets so was quiet. The staff were lovely and very helpful, and room was nice, and breakfast was served on the roof terrace - amazing! Would definitely recommend and stay there again if I were visiting Essaouira again.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Nice, cozy place.

Lovely hotel. Great atmosphere, very friendly staff, great location. Highly recommend staying here.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel was lovely! It was very beautiful, set up in a nice location, and was fun to hang out and relax there! There was minimal interaction with the staff though when needed they were nice and helpful.

Excellent and very helpful staff

Les Matins Bleus was much more than I expected. With its beautiful interior design, friendly and very helpful staff it is a perfect place to stay. Breakfast is served on a terrace which is already sunny in the morning. A good advice:stay in Essaouira as long as you can! We loved it and decided to extend our stay. The place is more than beautiful and the local people friendly and open towards foreigners.

Great hostel, easy to find and yet within the medina!! Everything was thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis and there was lots of room to chill out whether it was downstairs in the lounge areas or on the roof terrace. Hostel staff spoke good English and nothing was too much to sort out, no matter what the problem was AND with no expectation of a tip at the end of it... Something that is not often stumbled upon in Morocco! Would definitely return and recommend.

Very happy with the staff

• 14th May 2013

if you stay in essaouira stay in the matin bleue every things in this riad was perfect and i have my friend karin and me had the most pleasant time the peoples are extremely friendly the riad is very weel place the breakfast is great the rooms are charming and for february we also had a electric fire which you dont find in every riad i cant praise this riad enough thank you to all mrs de winton

I had a great time in this hotel, where I could enjoy the tranquility and the beauty of Essaouira. The only thing I regret is that there is no free tea whenever you want it, like in most of the hostels in Morocco.

we stay very well in this cute hotel. is in a goog position in the centre of the medina and the breakfast on the terrace was charming and very good as the dinner we had there. the staff was really cooperative and kind. as for example: one night we bought in the reception a little bottle of water and the next morning one of the staff 's guy told us that we had payed for a big one for mistake. so he asked us if we preferrered to have our money back or another bottle of water!

Samir, the proprietor, is excellent! Very friendly, willing to help out, and serves a mean breakfast on the roof-top terrace. The hotel is ideally located in the medina. Our only complaint was that the beds were somewhat damp.

..ein sehr persönlicher Empfang u. Betreuung!! Die beiden symathischen Brüder u. Cousin nehmen sich sogar Zeit für interessante Gespäche u. philosophische Gedanken.

Wonderful staff and lovely place to stay. Its a refuge of serenity in the Medina.

A really great place, full of character and in a great location. The people who run it were great fun too and couldn't have been more helpful. I'd have no hesitation staying there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4