Lete Youth Hostel Reviews

15/F, No.5 Building, International Village Apartme, Chengzhong District, Xining, China

good place. Recommended

We first stayed on the 15th floor and really enjoyed the place. I accidentally booked the apartment and I guess for the money it should be worth a whole apartment but we've stayed in places just as big for cheaper and much nicer. It was extremely humid and smelled like mold. If you're going to stay at Lete Hostal don't stay in the apartment on the 13th floor.

We were perfectly content, felt safe and taken care of. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Our room with a bathroom was great, slept well. I've read some reviews that weren't that good about this place but I didn't find them to be true, we were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our stay.

Interesting input from other guests. The café not always open for service and overpriced. Showers ok but separate bathrooms very few. Frontdesk english speaking. Friendly and helpful travelling agency 2 floors above.

The bathroon can cleaner I think. One of the highlights you can see from the hostel. It's 15 minut walk to the shoppingstreet and temple, 20 minutes to te mosque.

Nice place, full of backpackers, easy to find other travellers heading to the lake. Good location with a 15min walk to the city centre.

The best things about the hostel were the friendly and helpful staff. Our room (the double private room) was spacious and neat. The negatives, however, were: the bathroom stank, and was never cleaned properly (eg. sink and mirror were never wiped), the water pressure was low, many common areas were not useable because they were full of laundry or had people sleeping there, and overall the hostel was grimy and not well maintained (eg. lots of unrepaired water damage, gross old carpets).

My friend and I enjoyed staying at Lete - in a double room. The bedside lamps as well as the lockers are very useful. The colourful pockets for keeping small things made the room very cosy. The only thing I didn't like was the carpet on the floor. I prefer floor that are easy to keep clean. Computers for the guests to use - also very useful.

A very nice and cleanly place to be. Those within the hostel were friendly.

• 1st Aug 2014

Location is a bit difficult to find. The checkin staff was friendly. Food and drinks were good. Wifi was also good. The atmosphere at the travel agency upstairs was very tense. A fight broke out between the male and female colleague when we were there. Hopefully things have cooled down there.

Superfriendly, helpful and english mastering staff. I highly recommend this hostel!

Actually, I don't speak Spanish. Hostel was great. Room was clean and service helpful and efficient. Would totally recommend it. (we had an apartment for three on the 12th floor) Not sure how the other rooms are though.

• 17th Jul 2014

The hostel became worse during last 3 years.. Less clean, less toilets and showers work..

Look for the little shop outside, it's a little left on the opposite side of the street when you go out of the hostel. This is a Muslim bakery, they sell the best kind of bread you can get in China. Try the dark ones, they are made of qingke barley (Highland barley). The hostel is very interesting in terms of room structure, a lot of staircases

Great Place! Great views! Friendly staff and good breakfast.

A very good hostel.It was very clean and well staffed.The food was well priced and the location is good with a useful travel service upstairs.It seems to be well run.