Leuven City Hostel Reviews

Ravenstraat 37, Leuven, Belgium

Lovely hostel and very friendly staff. Dorm room was a good size and separate shower area was nice.

• 8th Jun 2014

For backpack tourists, I should say, the hostel is really a good place to stay at for a few days. Good service, pleasant atmosphere, and reasonable price.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • China

A very nice hostel in the heart of Leuven. I enjyou my residence.

• 27th May 2014

Wifi was a bit slow. Apart from that the hostel is excellent. I would recommend it anytime.

• 23rd May 2014

Lovely staff, homely, clean, well facilitated hostel. Brilliant little city. Loved my time here.

Leuven City Hostel is a great place. It's more like a hotel than a hostel. That's not to say that there's no atmosphere - the reception/living room/kitchen/patio area is an excellent melting pot and place to meet fellow travellers. The facilities are clean, functional and aesthetically pleasing. Cooking facilities are brilliant. Free tea and freshly-ground coffee until 8pm? Yes please. A simple breakfast - bread, cereal, fruit and a selection of spreads - but what would you expect? Love it here.

The hostel was quite clean and the location wasn't bad. On the negative side, I found it quite unprofessional that (a member of) the hostel staff complained to us about "making noise and waking her up" as we had entered the hostel relatively quietly, starting to get ready for sleep while exchanging a few words in a normal tone. Even though we were happy to have the breakfast, which was by no means a good one, it was annoying to realize we have to dish our dishes since the machine was broken.

This was without a doubt one of the best Hostels I have ever stayed at. I was very surprised at how clean, safe, and friendly it was. If you have to stay in Leuven, please stay at this Hostel. I will defiantly be staying here again.

• 10th Apr 2014

Well, on the toilet there is only a motion detector for the light. If you are doing bigger business, then it might happen that you are sitting in the dark since your moves are not sufficient to switch on the light again. In the bathroom at least I could tell the detector that I am still there. It is a bit strange, that in the toilet room there is no sink with soap. But ok, one can go to the shower room where you get soap and water, besides in each room there is a sink, too.

• 6th Apr 2014