Levanten Hostel Reviews

Cihangir mahallesi,purtelas sokak.No:42 Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Personnal very frıendly a good adress ın the center of Istanbul

• 10th Jun 2014

The location is perfect--a 2 minute walk from Taksim Square, which is a central location with great access to public transit. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. A Turkish ATM machine ate my debit card, and the staff helped me to inquire with the bank. The price was very reasonable, and the atmosphere of the hostel was awesome. The only minor problems was that they did not provide free lockers and the front door was left open most of the time. But the counter was staffed 24/7.

We made a mistake to book at Levanten Hostel. For 45 euros per night we could have had a double room with bathroom and breakfast included in a budget hotel. There was no cupboard and bedside lamps. Also not proper bed sheets. On our second and last night we could not shower, because there was a problem with the water supply. We have been to many backpackers in Europe, Australia and NZ and it is the first time we are disappointed. The only advantage is that it is close to Taksim Square.

• 31st May 2014
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

hi guest simply book hotel next time for this price you can only get budget hotel 50km away from Taksim, we never have problem with water supply just you should turn the tap on right way thats all.

We were meant to only stay for two nights but loved our time here so much we ended up staying for a third.!! Location was great very close to all of the sights and the tram station. Staff are all very friendly and welcoming you really do feel like you are at home! Would definitely come again!

I was there for one night and i was very pleased with my stayed there, will definitely come back next time i'm im Istanbul

• 20th May 2014
  • Denmark

Loved this place! Extremely helpful staff, nice rooms and well located. I stayed in an 6 bed dorm and it was really spacious and comfortable. Comfort of facility, cleanliness & location to everything was perfect! I highly recommend!

• 2nd May 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel has got the best location in the city. Just 5 minutes from hostel to Taksim and tram station. You can use the tram for go to old city, it just takes 10 minutes by tram. Very friendly staff also , they showed us all touristic placea on the map. The bathroom and toilets are so clean. They always provide to keep them clean . Highly recommended...

Hostel is very close to Taksim Square, and Havas bus location to/from airport. Staff were very friendly. There is a small fridge where you can put a few things. There was only one shower on the floor I stayed on - so you may need to wait occasionally.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The staff are brilliant, really friendly and helpful about things to do and getting around the city. The hostel is in a perfect location, 5mins walk to Taxim Square and the tram stop. The hostel has very good facilities and its kept really clean. Lovely atmosphere and easy to meet and talk to people. Would deffinitly recoment to anyone staying in Istanbul :)

Very close to Taksim, which is nice. There can be a bit of a line for the showers in the morning, so if you're in a hurry plan on showering early or the night before. No locks on the dorm doors, so be careful with your stuff.

I have been to many hostels in France, Spain, UK, Ireland, NYC, Switzerland, Austria or Germany and I have to say that the rating of this one is absolutely off. 89%? No way! It's the worst hostel I've ever been by far! Decent location, although not in the best street, and friendly staff. However, the bathroom (only one per floor) is not very clean, the mattress are bad and we had to cover us with blankets instead of sheets! We asked for towels and they were folded but wet! No lift...

Dear guest, it is sad to hear that you called our hostel as a worsest hostel you have ever been although you told us you were very happy with your stay and room! First we have 2 bathrooms in each floor only on top floor we have 1 bathroom because there is only two rooms there, that's why we call our rooms with shared bathroom but not ensuite.I have to mention we receive almost 5000 guests every year and first time we get such a strange review.

Very good location and value. I was able to get to all the monuments and nighlife very easily/ Also, friendly staff.

• 5th Apr 2014

The best location ever which I saw. It s very close to everywhere!The staff was very friendly and helpful! They showed us all historical places on the map and they recommended the best KEBAB restaurants and pubs . The bathrooms were clean. They always care about the batrooms and they always provide to keep them clean...Highly recommended...

• 4th Apr 2014

The location is really good!! Coz it's near to Taksim and easy to get metro. The thing made me happy the most is people who ar working there!!! They ar nice and kind enough. If u ask some questions they will give u a good good information. I was totally happy staying there and if I have a chance coming back to turkey I'll stay there again. Definitely recommend u to stay:)

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Japan

Had a great time in Levanten. I arrived late, but the staff even upgrade me for a superior room. All the information I need to visit the city was provided. Enjoyed the decoration of the common room. Recommended.

Me and a friend had a really good time at this hostel, things were clean, and cozy, cute neighborhood good location.worth the money!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Nice place to stay if you want a location close to Taksim Square. Helpful staff and nice rooms. Our group stayed in an 6 bed dorm and it was spacious and comfortable.

This hostel likes to advertise itself as a cheap option for budget-conscious travelers. However, it's not even worth what you are paying. It's location is okay if you are trying to be near Taksim square or in Beyoglu, but there isn't much around and if you are sightseeing in Istanbul, Sultanahmet has better hostels, better locations, and comparable prices. This hostel's interior is dreadful, it doesn't have a community environment, and the owners do nothing to go beyond necessary to help you.

The showers aren't only terrible in those own right but also electrocuted both me and the person I stayed with. When I brought it up with the front desk they barely looked up from the computer screen, let alone any form of apology. It's really difficult to find as there is no sign, it just looks like an apartment from outside. Some staff really nice and helpful others terrible. I don't expect fantastic showers for the price but I do expect not to be electrocuted.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent hostel! Very clean, very safe, The staff is very polite and helpful, the enviroment is friendly.They recommended two fantastic cheap restaurants nearby.

• 17th Mar 2014