Lialy Inn Reviews

8 Talaat Harb Square, Cairo, Egypt

NO LIALY INN, NO LIFE. Wake up with sunrise into a room everyday! ~Friendly and the best customer care hostel. ~ *Airport transport service.*GOOD SECURITY.*FREE FRIDGE to keep foods. *FREE wi-fi(some of 5 star hotels will charge) *COPY is available as well .Argent copy is welcome! *Customer’s IDEAL TOUR is also their profession. An extended tour plan team! *CLEAN bed, bed sheet and room. *MULTI-LANGUAGE hostel! (Japanese/English/Korean/Russian/Chinese/German) *Artistic painted wall by Japanese

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Japan

A nice place to live. Definitely recommended for students. And a very good value for money.

• 6th Jun 2013
  • India

Was a nice short stay. Would probably stay there again.

• 10th Mar 2013
  • Sweden

Lialy hostel did not have our booking, nor did they want to let us pay 90% of the full amount (we'd already paid 10% through hostelworld!) nor did they have internet, breakfast, reading lights, luggage storage, security deposit boxes, a café, or even any coffee or tea for sale, even though the staff was drinking it. The owner was rude and unapologetic and laughed and said "Oh, we used to have those things." (Then why is it still on your listing?) The rooms hardly lock. My sister and I left.

Lialy hostel didn't have our reservation, but let us stay. They didn't understand we'd already paid 10% through Hostelworld. It's listed online that they have a cafe, internet, breakfast, reading lights, and luggage storage. They have none of these things and they were not apologetic about it. They said "we used to have it all." Men who weren't staying in the hostel were hanging out in the common room, and my sister and I felt very unsafe the entire time we were there. We cut our stay short.

VERY well located

Was suitable for staying one night, but too many additional charges - including LE 10 just for the Wi-Fi password (then the internet went down).

The Lialy Hostel I found to be very clean but the service poor. The staff were friendly but tried to dupe me on the charge. Despite booking on-line and sending 3 e-mails they failed to acknowledge my booking. After a phone call I managed to get confirmation only to find that they tried to charge more for the room. As I had printed off my booking they did honour the original booking made through Hostel world. The facilities were poor. Breakfast was fresh and no more than would be expected. Would I stay again

Pretty good place to stay in Cairo. Really nice bathrooms; however, the pipes can be improved.

When i came here in Lialy Hostel, everything was clean, the staff here are nice.The bathroom have hot water and its clean. The room are clean too, and the atmosphere around here is really nice. I enjoy i here, the location is perfect surrounded by stores nice restaurant and 5 mins away from the museum. I recommend you this place.

• 9th Aug 2010

When i stay here, it seem ok, i like the people who works there, nice atmosphere. The room are clean, the share/bathroom are clean. The breakfast is simple egg/bread and tea but what more you expect for cheap place. If you looking to stay here for few days(and save money) or even long, i recommend you this place, its the center of downtown, Great Restaurant , 15 mins away to museum

• 8th Aug 2010
  • Egypt

Bathrooms always wet floors. Shower over toilet and makes toilet wet. Staff always want payment money in advance. Some staff lazy or full of themselves. Free ride from airport very good paid return to ai±rport big problem driver had accident on way to hostel I had to force staff person to find a tax± in 10 minutes at 6 AM. Breakfest free but very slow. Cost of hostel is reasonable for what you get

I stayed a total of four nights and the staff were great. Very relaxed hostel for the more mature person/s....Who is not seeking to party all night. However, the hostel is in the centre of Cairo so the option is there.Just not in the hostel.breakfast is included with each night and light refreshments are served throughout the day at local prices.Internet at 10EP for 24H if you use wireless.

the hostel is ok. the owners are not overly pushy when it comes to their trips unlike some others in cairo and it is centrally located. free breakfast isn\'t up to much but it\'s ok. the dorm rooms don\'t have a lock and the fan is really noisy. private rooms have locks though which is good. you need to use a brush to push water towards the drain after your shower but it\'s not that much of an inconvenience. good value for money. would stay there again. was very quiet though when i was

just needs airconditioning, and maybe some more customers....wasn't really sure why we were the only customers. Otherwise the place was nice and would be great in the winter!

While my car to airport was waiting, staff told me I had to pay extra, in addition to bill I'd completely paid hours just hours before upon check in according to agreement, because \\\"currency fluctuated during the night.\" Also, the street number you gave is incorrect. I had to walk for an hour with baggage after my taxi gave up before I found the place. The staff admitted the the mistake and couldn\'t have cared less.

Thank you for your comments BUT Sorry you never asked us for airport pick up ...........

Tours were an ABSOLUTE RIP OFF, they tried to take Money fro, you AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY...VERY DISSAPPOINTED TO HAVE STAYED THERE!!!!

In general this was a good hostel. Perfect location right in the centre. At first the staff were a little pushy with tours but once it was clear that i wasnt interested they gave me all the information i needed to sort things out for myself. Good size dorm rooms, but the fan could have been better

I am very happy to have stayed in this youth hostel for my first days in Cairo! Everything worked according to plan: I was picked up at the airport, breakfast was included in the price, there is a possibility to go on the internet and it is extremely well located! We did run out off hot water for about 48 hours but nothing unbearable considering the temperature in Cairo! The members of staff were lovely and very helpful! I would definitely recommend Lyali Hostel!!

I HIGHLY advise NOT staying at this hostel. I had over $400 stolen from my bag while in the dorm room. I cant prove anything, but i am virtually certain it was a member of the cleaning staff. after i told the owner what had happened, he proceeded to lecture me that everything was my fault because i was in the dorm. he did not care at all that one of his guests had a large amount of money stolen right in his hostel. on top of that, the beds are not comfortable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7