Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships Reviews

67 Long Wharf, Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA

A nice place where to stay in Boston, one of the most expensive cities in North America. Not exactly that comfortable, but OK for a short stay.

• 21st Sep 2013

I couldn't believe that I got back at 8.30 one evening, after a long day of walking around town, to be told that the ship was going out for another tour.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Booked this as was cheapest available - didn't end up staying. Turned up after overnight bus at 10am, previously thought boat left at 12pm so we would have access before then after allowed check-in time (10am), desperately needed to shower, was told we couldn't get on the boat until 8:30pm and that we should check out the public toilets instead. Booked "double bed room", but was bunk beds, staff blamed this on hostelworld. Cancelled booking and stayed in a hotel. They did refund the stay though.

Difficult to have security on a working schooner, trips out during the day and no locks on the cabins. Staff very helpful, entertaining and enjoyable stay, great value for money.

• 10th Sep 2013

As long as you realise this is a CLIPPER and not a building it's a great stay! Excellent value for money given its location and the staff were extremely friendly but then I went drinking with them so I'm biased :)

• 28th Aug 2013

Really welcoming and friendly staff, location was beautiful and recommend to anyone who wants to stay in a great location on a budget with a different type of awesome accommodation! Just make sure your prepared for the day as the ship sails away during the day, but highly recommend to anyone and would definitely stay again if in Boston again!

Beautiful schooner, a two mast ship. It's not a hostel, it's an adventure!

Very noisey at night, so difficult to sleep, toilet in room and shared toilet were not working, no proper lock on bedroom door, but good experience, suitable for short stay, and very cheap!

This was the cheapest accommodation I could find in Boston. The location on the wharf was excellent, right in the centre of things. Your are staying on a boat so facilities are always going to be basic and compact but the novelty factor of staying on a working boat makes up for it!

It is romantic to sleep on a ship, but not very comfortable.

Its was wonderful staying with them. You can go and see the seals and sealions for free.

Thank you for staying with us on our ships! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us on our tall ship.

It was very nice! The location is perfect! It is in downtown very close to the subway station. From the airport are 4 minutes. The only problem is the unavalaibility of your room during the day, but for two days it is more than ok!

• 7th Sep 2012

A great location and a comfortable sleep, had to leave for an early flight so couldn't comment on breakfast! Pity can't board until 20.00, but could store bags at office so all in all a great experience! I would recommend it.

• 24th Aug 2012

It's fun for one night! The bed are tiny! And for I think they charging way too much! But if you are open for an adventure its perfect! And the location is awesome!

• 16th Aug 2012
  • Austria

Staying on the Liberty Clipper was one of the best parts of visiting Boston. The cabins are small but cozy, and the waves rock you to sleep at night. The crew were accomodating and kind, and the ship itself is spectacular. I would recommend it to anyone.

While I booked this and put a deposit down through Hostelworld, I decided in the end not to stay on the ship, as I found out through emails that the ship would not be available until 10.30 or 11 pm on the weekend (as opposed to 8 pm on week nights). It was just too late for me to be roaming the streets of Boston! A shame, cos I'm sure it would have been a lovely experience.

• 10th Aug 2012

The toilets were disgustingly dirty, all the showers had a drainage problem, so to shower we had to stand in 20 cm of sewage. The pipes of the sink in our cabin were completely broken, so using it cause a runoff of smelly water onto the floor. The breakfast cups had cloudy, fetid water in them and the fruit was partially rotten. And with all this, the only time we saw the "crew", they were chatting away with their dirty bare feet ON the breakfast table. Rank. Don't stay here.

• 3rd Aug 2012
  • Austria

The cabin is very small, and as a female I had to share with men on both nights I stayed there.

• 1st Aug 2012

Sure it is interesting staying on a boat. However, it isn't worth the price, particularly since these late night charters until 11pm seem common. If you are going to be out drinking at a bar this wouldn't be a problem, but it is annoying for anyone who wants to sleep earlier after a long day. It is also annoying not having a room anytime during the day. The management should be more transparent about these late charters. The breakfast was nice though (cereal, bagels, fruit, yogurt, juice

If you are not ok with enclosed spaces, this is not for you. An ideal location on the warf. Good way for the ship to make some extra cash. The two nights I stayed, getting on the ship after a long day of walking and touring was a hassel. It pour unexpectedly one night but I was not let on the ship until late so I had no where to go. The second night I had to stay out because of a last minute private charter Expect to over pay for the experience of sleeping on a tall ship.

• 18th Jul 2012