Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships Reviews

67 Long Wharf, Boston, Boston, USA

Great place to stay in Boston. Don't make the same mistake as us and arrive with HUGE suitcases (stupid of us), or you'll find them difficult to haul up and down steep ladders (yes, it really is a boat) and you'll battle to move around in your cabin. Super staff, Location amazing.

• 5th Jul 2014

The idea of sleeping on a ship is fun and the cost is decent, but I would not recommend this place unless you are looking for the bare bones, just a bed to sleep type place. Everything is a bit cramped, and I was a little concerned that I could just walk on and off the ship with no one around to make sure I was staying there. The breakfast was good, staff friendly, and location great. Just keep in mind you are sleeping on an old ship, don't expect much.

I figured other people just had the wrong expectations when leaving negative reviews. I was wrong. The location is great, the staff is not up to scratch. Unclean, blocked drains, no loo paper, staff got drunk and slept through breakfast service. Not great. On the other hand, you couldn't ask for a better location from which to explore Boston.

• 27th Jun 2014

so hot and no airconditon and the fan was dusty and small so it was not useful. the crew was kind but the room was too small and the ship was not that clean. beside bed the light was off and they didn't chaged the light...

• 25th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

A nice place where to stay in Boston, one of the most expensive cities in North America. Not exactly that comfortable, but OK for a short stay.

• 21st Sep 2013

I couldn't believe that I got back at 8.30 one evening, after a long day of walking around town, to be told that the ship was going out for another tour.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Booked this as was cheapest available - didn't end up staying. Turned up after overnight bus at 10am, previously thought boat left at 12pm so we would have access before then after allowed check-in time (10am), desperately needed to shower, was told we couldn't get on the boat until 8:30pm and that we should check out the public toilets instead. Booked "double bed room", but was bunk beds, staff blamed this on hostelworld. Cancelled booking and stayed in a hotel. They did refund the stay though.

Difficult to have security on a working schooner, trips out during the day and no locks on the cabins. Staff very helpful, entertaining and enjoyable stay, great value for money.

• 10th Sep 2013

As long as you realise this is a CLIPPER and not a building it's a great stay! Excellent value for money given its location and the staff were extremely friendly but then I went drinking with them so I'm biased :)

• 28th Aug 2013

Really welcoming and friendly staff, location was beautiful and recommend to anyone who wants to stay in a great location on a budget with a different type of awesome accommodation! Just make sure your prepared for the day as the ship sails away during the day, but highly recommend to anyone and would definitely stay again if in Boston again!

Beautiful schooner, a two mast ship. It's not a hostel, it's an adventure!

Very noisey at night, so difficult to sleep, toilet in room and shared toilet were not working, no proper lock on bedroom door, but good experience, suitable for short stay, and very cheap!

This was the cheapest accommodation I could find in Boston. The location on the wharf was excellent, right in the centre of things. Your are staying on a boat so facilities are always going to be basic and compact but the novelty factor of staying on a working boat makes up for it!

It is romantic to sleep on a ship, but not very comfortable.

Its was wonderful staying with them. You can go and see the seals and sealions for free.

Thank you for staying with us on our ships! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us on our tall ship.

It was very nice! The location is perfect! It is in downtown very close to the subway station. From the airport are 4 minutes. The only problem is the unavalaibility of your room during the day, but for two days it is more than ok!

• 7th Sep 2012

A great location and a comfortable sleep, had to leave for an early flight so couldn't comment on breakfast! Pity can't board until 20.00, but could store bags at office so all in all a great experience! I would recommend it.

• 24th Aug 2012

It's fun for one night! The bed are tiny! And for I think they charging way too much! But if you are open for an adventure its perfect! And the location is awesome!

• 16th Aug 2012
  • Austria

Staying on the Liberty Clipper was one of the best parts of visiting Boston. The cabins are small but cozy, and the waves rock you to sleep at night. The crew were accomodating and kind, and the ship itself is spectacular. I would recommend it to anyone.

While I booked this and put a deposit down through Hostelworld, I decided in the end not to stay on the ship, as I found out through emails that the ship would not be available until 10.30 or 11 pm on the weekend (as opposed to 8 pm on week nights). It was just too late for me to be roaming the streets of Boston! A shame, cos I'm sure it would have been a lovely experience.

• 10th Aug 2012