Liberty Guest House Reviews

Ban Thadluang, Luang prabang, Laos, Luang Prabang, Laos

I loved staying here. The staff were lovely, didn't understand much English but did their best to help us with anything. breakfast was a generous size and delicious, room was ok, beds could have been cleaner. I would recommend this guesthouse as the location is good and a reasonable price. Very pleasant stay

• 12th Jul 2015

I was disappointed in the Liberty Guesthouse. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, the A/C did not work very well and they did not tidy/clean the room at all, or even offer to, during our 4 night stay. I was also not impressed with the owner who made promises he could not keep and in the end charges us more for our stay than was owed.

Reasonable facilities and rooms, cleanliness was good, AC worked well. Good location, 5min wall to the night market. Located in a very noisy area, prepare to be awoken by constant roosters crowing at 0530 or so. Owner/host seemed very nice at first, but was really unhelpful/deceptive after we got to know him. Gave us consistently bad advice. Overcharged us in the end (not much, but gave us a bad taste). Would suggest looking elsewhere for lodgings in LP.

Good facilities. One of the better places in Sth East Asia allowing air-conditioner to be run at anytime of day. There was one instance during a thunderstorm when water came in through the closed window and flooded the floor of the room. Very helpful and friendly staff.

It's okay .

Wonderful guesthouse. Clean, well located and the manager/owner/guy who runs the is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is in a quite area, but almost to fare from the nightmsret and bars away for walking home after midnight.

We stayed here to have a break from hostels and really enjoyed it. Basic rooms but good enough and cleaned every day although the beds weren't massively comfy (although they did give me an extra duvet to sleep on which made it better). Amazing breakfasts - the best banana pancakes I've had in SE Asia! Location a little away from the night market and river but only a 10-minute walk which is easy enough. The staff were really helpful and booked trips for us. Decent enough wifi for Laos

Amazed that previous reviews have complained about the location. Less than ten minutes walk from the night market and main strip, it is very well located and quiet. Very good free breakfast. WiFi is a bit weak, but otherwise nice rooms. Decent for the cheap rates. Negatives: At night it can be noisy, with loud refrigerators, odd noises from outside and buzzing generators keeping me up. The sink in the bathroom smelt of sewage.

Nice guest house on a quiet street about ten minutes walk from the action. The couple who run the place were very friendly and involved in helping me enjoy my stay in Luang Prabang. The Wifi was a little spotty in my room but otherwise it was a great stay - would come back again.

Really friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast choices. Big beds and only 10 min walk max from main road.

Bed was comfortable, but a lot of hair on the sheets when I arrived. Should have been a bit cleaner.

Private double room with ensuite was very clean, and the breakfast had good variety. However, the location lets it down - it is a 10 min walk from the main strip, which is far compared to other guesthouses. I also think it is overpriced. The owner was friendly on arrival, but, told us off when we did not want to extend our stay even though we had mentioned this the night before. I found him quite fake and unpleasant which let the whole experience down.

Felt safe, comfortable, looked after and valued. Nice breakfast and friendly owner.

• 7th Mar 2015