Liberty Guest House Reviews

Ban Thadluang, Luang prabang, Laos, Luang Prabang, Laos

Very Nice staff! It is a little big far from the city center compared to other guesthouses. However since Luang Prabang is a very small town you won't walk for too long.

We really enjoyed our stay at the guest house. The staff was really helpful, the house is located at 5 minute walk from the night market. This is the good place if you want to have a quiet stay.

I love this guest house. It was very clean and comfortable, a few blocks from the market and the staff was very friendly specially the girl at reception (I think three was her name). She gave us a free map and recommended very good places. They have laundry service and they rent bicycles. The 2 dollars breakfast was really good!

I greatly enjoyed my stay at Liberty Guest House. The staff was friendly and catered to the whims of its patrons. It was cleaner than most accommodations I have been to and the room I booked with my travel buddies was more than adequate in size for us. I love their TV lounge area as it was comfortable and cozy. Thanks for the great memories.

• 8th Apr 2014

NIce and quiet guesthouse at 10min walk to the centre, friendly and sweet owners. They can help you for anything we have choice of the facilities.i recommend this place :)

• 1st Apr 2014

Nice place to stay. Twee was very helpful. I had no problems staying here.

We ended up staying here for 4 nights when we originally booked for 2. We had frustrations when we first arrived in Luang Prabang because the tuktuk driver from the pier didn't speak English and just dropped us in the middle of the night market (close but not quite the right place). We walked in circles trying to find the place because its not actually on the main road as implied. Overall a great place with a great owner. Hope you like roosters and early morning wake up calls!

Enjoyed our 4 nights at Liberty guesthouse. The young guy that runs it is always very friendly and helpful, great $2 dollar breakfast aswell

• 16th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

I would stay there again. Careful with ordering breakfast if your schedule is tight, as at peak times it can take half an hour or more to hit the table.

We had a very nice stay at the hostel and I can recommend it. Rooms were big enough, clean and staff was very friendly. The location is good; it is a ten minute walk to where the center of the town starts. Although I heard there are cheaper alternatives, they are supposedly not that good..

The staff are so lovely and helpful really friendly, they're the cleanest rooms and bathroom I've seen yet in south East Asia! A little more expensive than some places but worth the extra!

The little man that works there, lives there, breathes there. He never leaves, friendly galore. Willing to help with any thing, quite Laotian. A wee bit out of the way, exercise is good though. Let me leave my pack when I ran away for a few day village adventure. Coffee blows, where is the bomb ass laos coffee at all the cafés?

This hostel had more of the Vietnamese entrepreneurial feel to it. The owner likes you to book everything through him. We were not impressed when we rebooked the same room to come back to the hostel after travelling north. We paid a $3 deposit & when we arrived back our reservation was cancelled. Fortunately there was a cancellation & we could have a room. When we left, he asked us to give a 100% review on Hostelworld. The hostel is about a 9 minute walk from the centre of town.

Mihn runs a great guesthouse. He shows genuine concern for his staff and goes out of his way to be helpful. We really enjoyed our stay at Liberty.

Very nice staff, a bit further than the center, but also much more quite. Clean, good value for money

Great place to stay. Very nice staff!! Very helpful in organizing activities.

The owner, Minh, is soooo nice!! We booked a bus through a place on the main street and they forgot to pick us up so he drove me down to find out what was going on. We definitely should have booked through him! If it hadn't been for him, we totally would have missed it! Rooms are comfortable but basic. $2 breakfast is amazing! Definitely a great place to stay in Luang Prabang - only a 5 minute walk from the night market.

We thought it was great value ,10 minutes walk from the city centre , good choice of breakfast included . The young owner never left the guest house and was very helpful with laundry ,cycles .Ming is a perfect host.

Loved our stay at Liberty Guesthouse. The owner Minh and his sister are some of the nicest people you could hope to meet. The rooms were clean and equipped with fridges which is rare for guest houses in Laos, the internet was fast and it's a great little neighborhood only 10 mins walk from the night market and main strip. Would I stay again.. sure!

Clean and propper rooms, very nice staff.

• 20th Jan 2014