Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Friendliest staff I've ever met at a hostel! The place really feels like you're staying at the house of a good friend you've known for years.

• 13th May 2015

It was a really good hostel,like in a house with an atmosphere cosy . It's a good idea to put slippers. Each rooms were clean and handy ,it was perfect . I felt like in my house.

• 2nd May 2015

Perfect accomodation! People are very agreable and respectful. The staff makes all they can to help you. The kitchen is a very pleasant place where you can cook and store what you want. It is also a place of meeting.

• 14th Apr 2015

The hostel is one of the cleanliness I've stayed in. If you're a solo traveler this is a great hostel to stay while you're visiting Edinburgh. The lounge on the bottom floor is a great place to meet many other solo travelers and enjoy hundreds of movie selection. The only downside to the hostel is the bathroom situation. Unless you book a room with an ensuite, you'll likely have to wait awhile in the morning. It's best to shower either at night or during the evening to avoid the hassle.

The light house hostel a very clean,quiet and pleasant place, one of the best hostel that i have e!ver been !

Friendly, clean, peacful and very helpful staff.

Very nice community rooms and staff. Decent location. The bathrooms have a shower head right by the toilet and the water goes everywhere, but other than that pretty clean. A beautiful building and nice hostel overall.

Hostel was very clean. Location is fair, about a 25 minute walk to the train station and city center. Showers were hot. Would recommend.

The host is very nice, and the leave luggage policy helps a lot :)

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

A really great hostel, free breakfast, helpful staff, excellent location...it has it all really, Jamie

the staff was really nice and helpful. the atmosphere in the hotel was quiet but also joyful.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Best hostel on my Scotland trip. Staff was amazing. Everything was clean and tidy, including kitchen and bathroom. I loved the "no-shoe-policy". I would definitly come and stay there again.

Friendly, small hostel with quite a good location. Breakfast is nice, hostel is clean and quiet during night.

Brilliant hostel. Staff were extremley welcoming and accommodating and the facilities we more than good. We really enjoyed our stay and we wish we could have stayed longer!

Overall experience was okay, but just okay. When you arrive to the hostel you are told to remove your shoes and to wear these slippers provided. I think it is a great idea but I wish we had been aware of it in advance as it was rather odd and abrasive being told to remove our shoes when first walking through the door to check in. The hostel is not in a very convenient location, but it could be worse. Decently clean, however there are only 4 toilets and 4 showers for the whole hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, the I the place is amazingly clean. Also the staff were excellent and extremely helpful and very friendly. Location is perfect, very close to the centre, and all bars and restraunts, kitchen and bathrooms are really good, and overall I would recommend the hostel to anybody wanting to stay there.

• 29th Mar 2015

This was a lovely hostel with a good kitchen and a nice relaxed front room to read books in , I would stay here again!

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Close to major attractions, secure, and very relaxed atmosphere. The slippers they give you at the door keep everything very nice and clean. Would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Excellent hostel with good breakfast, clean, chill, great staff. Highly recommended.

No ventilation in the room and only few bathrooms for all the accomodated people-

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4