Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

very cosy, its my recommended hostel in Edinburgh.

Wonderful hostel! It's like staying at home in another city/country! Very helpful staff, well located, just 15/20 minutes walk to castle and royal mille, and princess street, as well.

• 28th Nov 2014

I liked this hostel! Staffs were really nice and kind. the toilet (bathroom) is amazingly clean and well designed!

really good place, clean, friendly

Nice kitchen with free breakfast (yay!), very friendly staff and cozy beds. If I needed a bed for one night or two I would always go back there

• 22nd Nov 2014

The hostel was so great, we loved to stay there. The only thing we regret are that the hostel has to less bathrooms, but that's the only thing. The staff was very nice and helpfulhelpful.

Wonderful place! Lovely staff, the place feels like home and there's so much peace there. It's calm and you can get a good night's sleep. Only problem there are only 4 bathrooms, so you can be waiting for a while to use them. Would definitely stay here again, abd I'm looking forward to it! Keep up the good work and may God bless you!

Really nice hostel! We arrived at 9 pm and were welcomed by Ricky. The hostel is really calm and the idea of wearing slippers in the house is brilliant. The only slightly negative thing are the facilites, as they are quite limited. I would recommend this hostel for everyone who doesn't only go to Edinburgh to party.

An absolutely wonderful, clean and cozy hostel! I've been to quite a lot of hostels all over the world and this one ist my #1: super friendly and helpful staff, fully equipped kitchen, clean bathrooms, extremely comfy beds and a great lounge to relax, meet new people, watch a movie, enjoy your book or simply listen to some music, plus free wifi to stay in touch with friends at home ☺️ The neighborhood is typically Scottish, the city center and Edinburgh Castle a 10min walk away. I'll be back!!!

• 19th Nov 2014

Great hostel. I would come back next time

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Really great

This space was so welcoming and lovely. I felt comfortable right away, and found the staff really helpful as well. It was a really great place to stay, and made my trip much more relaxing. It reminded me a lot of home.

• 10th Nov 2014

Great hostel!! The staff very helpful and nice, the kitchen fully equiped, clean rooms and bathrooms. It had a nice common area with a computer available, also in the nights you could watch a movie and it was projected in the wall.

Very nice hostel, the staff was super friendly. It is around 15 min walk to the Castle. definitely I would stay there again.

We stayed in the 10 bed mixed dorm room and it was the best hostel we have stayed in in Great Britain. We were greeted by a nice employee who gave us slippers to wear in the house (no shoes allowed) and a tour. The bathrooms were extremely clean and large and the showers were hot. The kitchen was clean and had a dishwasher and the breakfast was good. the hostel itself is in a nice neighborhood that is close enough to walk to the Royal Mile.

A fantastic place. Would go back there.

Great hostel for the ones that not expect a party environment. Simple but great breakfast (and free), tea and coffee available all day long! Doesnt have many bathrooms, but didnt have any problem with it! 15min walk from the castle, lots of pubs and small markets close to it! Totally recommend :)

Excellent hostel! Nice people, good atmosphere!

Very friendly hostel with a very good atmosphere:) there was a group of 9 of us staying and the hostel staff were very accomodating! Always eager to help with directions so would definiately stay there again! Very nice places to eat around the hostel and the polish bakery was great!!:)

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Good hostel, very clean and organized. Location is the weak point because it is a bit far away of the Old Town, where you can fibd the most interesting places to visit. Anyway, if you don't mind walking is an excellent option.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5