Light House Hostel

9.2
Superb 1472 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2017

My bed in the dorm was very soft and the large amount floor space in the centre made it easy to walk around. The kitchen was well equipped with utensils and equipment for cooking as well as a large fridge to use (you put your food into a plastic box and label it). The hostel was very clean and well kept and there were four toilets across the 3 floors (two of which had showers). The no shoe policy made it homely and they provide freshly washed slippers and compartments to keep shoes. Very happy.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
2nd Jul 2017

Friendly and helpful staff, cant wear shoes in the hostel which is a frustrating. Great facilities, a some street noise.

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2017

I absolutely loved my stay at the Lighthouse Hostel. The atmosphere was cozy and warm and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was worried that the location would be too far from the city centre to be conveniently walkable, but that was not the case. It was the perfect distance where it was out of the fray but still comfortable to walk. Also, there was an awesome pub just down the street with late night food! I cannot recommend this hostel more highly, I will definitely stay there again.

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2017

My cousin and I stayed for two nights at this hostel and we absolutely loved it! The staff are incredibly welcoming and helpful, facilities are clean and the location is perfect for getting into town! I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

29th Jun 2017

One of the best hostels I've seen. Cozy, tidy, lots of sociable and kind people, helpful staff and inviting atmosphere. Bathrooms were clean and included soaps, beds comfy, showers hot, breakfast is basic but decent, fully equipped kitchen. The staff really want you to enjoy your stay, even cooking dinner for guests once a week! It's a Christianity-affiliated hostel but I felt very welcome there. Only drawback is the wait time for the showers/toilets, but that was OK. Highly recommended!

8.0

We had a great room and the staff was wonderful, but finding an open bathroom seemed to be a challenge.

Great value for money

28th Jun 2017

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I fell in love with the sense of community, and I admire the charitable values of this organization. While here, I enjoyed meeting new people and having a fantastic dinner complete with some of my very favorite foods. I loved the gospel message that was shared by one of the hosts. While the location is slightly far from the center of town, I most certainly recommend this location to anyone visiting Edinburgh.

• Scotland, Male, 41+
17th Jun 2017

Ideal place to stay for a couple of days in Edinburgh.

16th Jun 2017

The staff are excellent and go out their way to make you comfortable. They make the Light House a great place to stay.