Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great hostel. I would come back next time

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Really great

This space was so welcoming and lovely. I felt comfortable right away, and found the staff really helpful as well. It was a really great place to stay, and made my trip much more relaxing. It reminded me a lot of home.

• 10th Nov 2014

Great hostel!! The staff very helpful and nice, the kitchen fully equiped, clean rooms and bathrooms. It had a nice common area with a computer available, also in the nights you could watch a movie and it was projected in the wall.

Very nice hostel, the staff was super friendly. It is around 15 min walk to the Castle. definitely I would stay there again.

We stayed in the 10 bed mixed dorm room and it was the best hostel we have stayed in in Great Britain. We were greeted by a nice employee who gave us slippers to wear in the house (no shoes allowed) and a tour. The bathrooms were extremely clean and large and the showers were hot. The kitchen was clean and had a dishwasher and the breakfast was good. the hostel itself is in a nice neighborhood that is close enough to walk to the Royal Mile.

A fantastic place. Would go back there.

Great hostel for the ones that not expect a party environment. Simple but great breakfast (and free), tea and coffee available all day long! Doesnt have many bathrooms, but didnt have any problem with it! 15min walk from the castle, lots of pubs and small markets close to it! Totally recommend :)

Excellent hostel! Nice people, good atmosphere!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Serbia

Very friendly hostel with a very good atmosphere:) there was a group of 9 of us staying and the hostel staff were very accomodating! Always eager to help with directions so would definiately stay there again! Very nice places to eat around the hostel and the polish bakery was great!!:)

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Good hostel, very clean and organized. Location is the weak point because it is a bit far away of the Old Town, where you can fibd the most interesting places to visit. Anyway, if you don't mind walking is an excellent option.

I really enjoyed the stay and will definitly recommend the hostel to my friends :-) The only thing that made me a little bit uncomfortable were the different room fragrances and fragrance dispenser, for I am allergic to these. But I had some medicine with me, so after I figured out, that it was allergy and not a common cold, I was fine!

• 30th Oct 2014

Great hostel, staff is very friendly and helpful. Hostel is very clean and tidy. Only draw back is the single bathroom on each floor.

I really enjoyed my time here. It's definitely not a party hostel, but that puts you with like-minded travelers who you can connect with really well. Good times.

I really enjoyed staying here and will recommend staying here to my friends who visit Edinburgh in the future.

Was a wonderful stay at Light House Hostel. GO there if you are in Edinburgh.

I love the music in the lobby.

amazing staff, clean place, friendly atmosphere. would stay again.

This hostel was great! The staff were very nice, and breakfast is provided, which was a huge bonus. It's a bit of a walk to Princes street and Edinburgh castle, but there are lots of buses, so getting around is easy, especially because the hostel provided maps.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Very cute hostel in Edinburgh, it's kept very clean, and you get to wear a pair of slippers which would help with that as you're not tracking mud around everywhere. It was a bit noisy during our stay, but that's not something you can really help in a hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6