Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

For the price it's very well. Just 2 things: the hostel is a little bit far of the center and the room are mix, like every hostel but I was the only girl with 5 boys. You don't feel very good. Apart that, it's very well!

• 3rd Feb 2016

Overall, it was a fantastic stay at the Light House. Very great value for the entire stay. Locations is a bit of a walk to the main street - but it is in a well-appointed neighbourhood. Staff was awesome and atmosphere cozy.

the staff was apparently enjoying the community and helpful whenever possible. The atmosphere made me want to go back... not only because of edinburgh which is wonderful , too.

• 24th Jan 2016

Fantastic hostel - probably the best I've stayed in anywhere in the world!

Well it is a very friendly, kind and respectfully

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Hungary

Fabulous! Good location and all main attractions are walkable from this hostel!

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

The Light House Hostel is an amazing place where it's possible to rest after a long day spent on walking. the staff is friendly and even guests are polite and sociable. For the money I spent, It was the best hostel where I stayed in the UK til now.

• 5th Jan 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Both the people staying and the staff were very friendly.

• 4th Jan 2016

The staff were very kind and helpful!

• 4th Jan 2016

Awesome and hospitable. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating! I felt right at home ! Would go back in a heartbeat!

• 30th Dec 2015

The hostel was amazing but the kitchen and the living room have to be opened after midnight

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Greece

A friend recommended that we stay here and we are so glad we did! So cozy and homely, a great place to unwind. Loved how it smelt of chai and the staff were warm and welcoming. Thanks a heap!

Good hostel with the facilities you are looking for. The internet was a bit of a pain because you have to switch wifi in every floor. Also it is about a 15 minute walk to the centre of town. Other then that there aren't any complaints. Quite cheap for the UK so I would recommend it.

Staff here were super lovely and helpful, especially Beth! Thanks so much for a wonderful stay.

• 20th Dec 2015

I liked the hostel. A staff who is from Switzerland is very friendly, sincerly.(i know her name) My first impression was pretty good. Hostel is very good. The kitchen is quite good. Eventually i liked that and i suggest strongly anybody who wants to stay in Edinburgh.

Lovely small hostel at a walking distance from princess street. Bus stops to major attractions are at walkable distance. Wonderful staff. They make genuine attempt to get to know everyone. Enjoyed my stay Light House hostel.

Light House is the best hostel that I have ever stayed! It locates on a quite street but also very near to the Edinburgh Castle. The staff there are all really cute, nice, and warm-hearted. The rooms are named by colour and everyone has a closet with locker. The most amazing thing is that they even offer free breakfast! All the facilities in the kitchen seem to be new and clean. We really enjoyed our time and we'll definitely choose Light House again for our next stay in Edinburgh!

Lovely hostel with a really homely feel. I was staying in Edinburgh for a conference so having a comfortable, clean and quite place to stay was excellent. A shortage of bathrooms were the only minor drawback. I would definitely stay again!

Spectacular!! When you first arrive to The Light House hostel you are greeted by the sweetest staff and a tour around the hostel. Fully equipped kitchen, lounge with a small cinema, bathrooms and the bedrooms! I've been to loads of hostels before but none felt as comfortable and as much as home like this one, we were so incredibly pleased with our stay. The atmosphere between the guests was great, which I do believe the staff should take some credit for. Great location as well!

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

I stayed in this hostel for three weeks. The first thing I noticed was how friendly the staff were. The room was fantastic with comfortable bed and plenty of space. I stayed in 6 bedroom room which was quite, simply fantastic. The kitchen was clean all the time also bathroom and toilet. Location was excellent with a short walk to the GrassMarket and Princes Street. I will definitely be back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4