Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was in a beautiful house, so it was more like staying in a bed and breakfast, although still for the cheap price of a hostel. The atmosphere was very homey and comfortable. The hostel was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. There was a complimentary breakfast, and the wifi worked well. The only downside was that there were only 3 bathrooms for everyone to share, but the bathrooms were very nice and very clean.

I had a pleasant stay at Light House. The staff were very welcoming and helpful and things were explained well. The large dorm was quiet and had lockers, shutters for the window and dimmable lights. The front movie/ leisure room I'd spacious, light-filled and clean. I never had to wait for a bathroom. Kitchen was clean. Short walk to Royal Mile.

Stayed in a mixed dorm ensuite, comfortable beds, generously sized lockers with build in lock provided in the rooms, plenty of warm water for the shower in the rather compact bathroom! Extremely pleasant and helpful staff, cleanliness was excellent. Definitely one of the better hostels I have stayed in

A well-cared for hostel. The staff were lovely, and the other guests respectful and quiet. Good vibes. I liked it.

I really like this hostel! Cozy common area, well equipped kitchen, free breakfast, comfy beds, clean bathroom! And I like the no-shoes policy, it made the hostel like home instead of just a place to sleep. Staffs are friendly and helpful. You can borrow towel for £3 deposit( got everything back when return), also Hairdryer, is available to borrow free of charge, plus, it's a really nice one(not like the ones in other hostels, small and made me headache)! Highly recommended! p.s 老闆是臺灣人唷😄😄😄

Very clean hostel with a great staff. Also a very nice common area.

Really welcoming staff, great atmosphere, good facilities. They had everything needed to make it feel like home from home!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Wales

This was the best hostel I stayed in the UK. The girls working there were super cute, friendly and helpful. The dorm was clean and spacious with lockers. The breakfast was until 11am. there was a nice common area. It's 15 minutes walkinh to the main sights. Might consider adding sockets next to the upper berths and not having a so strict policy for late check in. Highly reccomended!

Only one toilet on the floor, but good location, lovely staff and nice atmosphere. A really good stay.

Lovely and clean hostel, what would have topped off our stay is, if the staff had a bit more local knowledge. But other than that, could not fault it amazing place.

"No shoes" policy is good for the cleanliness of the hostel. Kitchen well equipped and clean. Staff friendly and helpful.

I loved my time at the Light House hostel. It had a very comfortable, homey feel. The staff was excellent and very friendly. Overall it was a lovely experience!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, and I will be staying there every time I go back to Edinburgh!

We enjoyed our stay at the hostel - it was a good base for exploring Edinburgh. They do advertise parking as a feature of the hostel, but in actual fact they don't have any of their own parking. There is free street parking if you can score a park on the road outside overnight, but during the day you'll have to pay. Not a big thing - but something worth being noted before booking.

One of the nicest hostels I've been to. Super-friendly staff and great atmosphere. Felt like a second home. Very good value-for-money with a (basic) breakfast included, free wifi, home-cinema-lounge-room. Not very spacious, but cosy.

A brilliant hostel. Staff always happy to go above and beyond. The owners obviously care about their guests experience in and out the hostel. First rate.

• 20th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my short stay and slept peacefully. I thought the cost represented very good value for what was included

• 18th Jun 2015

This is one of the few hostels that manages to balance being anti-party without becoming anti-social. Friendly staff and a very well maintained/furnished lounge and kitchen give the hostel a nice homelike feel. If you're looking for a place to party Edinburgh has plenty of alternatives. If you're looking for a comfortable hostel and a good night's sleep this one ranks near the top.

We stayed in Scotland for one week and slept in 5 hostels. This was the cheapest and best one! Very clean rooms good beds and friendly staff! Definitely going back to this one!

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

The staff was very helpful and let me check out early because my flight was early. I loved the easy to rest atmosphere, the barefoot policy, and the slippers. The location was actually pretty good, albeit a little tucked away. But it was within easy walking distance of The Meadows, which made the walk to Arthur's Seat seem really close. I would stay there again :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4