Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Excellent hostel with good breakfast, clean, chill, great staff. Highly recommended.

No ventilation in the room and only few bathrooms for all the accomodated people-

Very nice staff

Very good staff ,Ricky helped me with local knowledge very helpfull.

This was one of my favourite hostel stays to date. The homey atmosphere of the Light House really puts you at ease and makes you comfortable. The staff were welcoming and helpful, and the entirety of the hostel was always spotlessly clean. The area it's in is a bit of a jaunt to the big attractions, but Tollcross is FULL of nifty cafes and restaurants, and has a lot of charm itself, so don't discount that!

We are a retired couple visiting Edinburgh, so we did not expect high standards and facilities for elderly people. But we were quite delighted with The Light House Hostel. The location was great for us as I could easily get to my meeting and my wife could visit Princess St. and other shopping areas. We were in a mixed dorm of 6 beds and that did not pose a problem as there was an ensuite shower room and another one just outside the room. The other occupants were reasonably quiet.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Very Friendly .....Kitchen really clean....warm...!!!!!!!!!!!

• 18th Feb 2015

This was my first stay in a hostel, and it exceeded my expectations. Everyone was very friendly, I felt very safe, clean, comfortable, etc. Would be a great place to settle for a week or so- The staff are very professional and helfpul. Very easy to feel like it's home. Great great find!

• 17th Feb 2015

The Light House was a lovely place to stay! While I at first was taken aback by the slippers (no shoes are allowed in the hostel), it really kept the place clean and gave off a calm, chill vibe. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating and the other guests were nice too. It is a great location because there are pubs and activities around that area, but it's also only a fifteen to twenty minute walk to the Royal Mile and other great, "touristy" attractions.

Less is more! Small and very homey hostel, that makes you feel like a part of the big friendly family.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Estonia

One of the best, if not the best hostel I have stayed at. I would recommend this to anyone spending time in Edinburgh. I know I'll be back whenever I'm in the area.

The only negative point is that all common spaces closes at 12pm.

Really friendly atmosphere and easy to meet people. Definitely like a home away from home.

This hostel had a very peaceful, relaxed vibe.

The Light House Hostel was definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Ricky, who is the sole manager of the hostel, was polite, helpful and devoted to his hostel. The hostel is immaculate and the bathrooms in particular were of a very high standard. If you're ever staying in Edinburgh then I strongly recommend Light House Hostel.

• 4th Feb 2015

Better than any hotel I've ever been to. Got the most comfortable nights rest, and was central to everywhere I needed to go. The staff are SUPER FRIENDLY! Helped me with my itenerary! 10/10!!!

Amazing few days here with very friendly staff and lovely place to stay. Slippers for everyone is a lovely touch.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Would stay again. Cleanest hostel I've ever been to. Wish it was a bit closer to city center.

• 31st Jan 2015

I came alone to Edinburgh but i never was alone! I found some new friends in the Light House Hostel. We had a great time together and the staff was also really friendly. It was clean everywhere. Next time in Edinburgh I will stay at Light House Hostel again.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

This is such a lovely place!!! The kitchen, lounge, toilets and rooms are all clean and pleasant to be in and the atmosphere is great. Security is top-notch (everyone has a locker) and I've had my first good nights' sleep in weeks. One can definitely tell that the owner and staff care about the well-being of the guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4