Light House Hostel

9.2
Superb 1363 Total Reviews

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
15th Mar 2017

I had an excellent stay at the hostel. The staff is really friendly as well as the atmosphere! You can go everywhere just by walking and everything was really clean. I would definitely go back!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017
8.0

Fantastic staff that even made a meal on one of our nights for everyone around and offered us leftovers when we came back later. Only issue was not enough toilets/showers but that's been stated before.

• South Korea, Male, 41+
14th Mar 2017

It was nice hostel except one thing. When I was staying there, I had opportunity to talk with a staff who from Singapore. He asked me, "Are you looking for meaning of life?", so I answered "Maybe." Because it's not important subject on me. Since I answered it, his face changed seriously. "You should say 'Yes' or 'No'. It's simple question. You should say 'Yes' or 'No'" although I explained it's not scientific question. I think he is a fanatic christian. But he should control himself as a staff.

• England, Female, 31-40
13th Mar 2017

This was my first ever hostel experience and it was a lovely introduction into the world of hostelling. A very clean and well facilitated hostel. I wasn't too bothered that the location isn't in the heart of the city as the buses are so easy and accessible. I was very happy with my stay here and didn't have many issues with queues for showers etc. Staff were lovely. Thank you Lighthouse hostel.

• USA, Female, 31-40
10th Mar 2017

I had a great time staying here. I was in town for two nights for the Edinburgh Yarn Festival and found the hostel to have a good central location. Staff was friendly and everything was clean.

• Ethiopia, Male, 25-30
9th Mar 2017

Sorry for my late response. Thank you so much for your great hospitality and service. We enjoyed our time. May God bless you in all you do.

• France, Female, 41+
9th Mar 2017

I had a great time at the Light House Hostel. I stayed in a female dorm, was there on a Thursday so enjoyed the community dinner and met great people. You can't find the information on the website, but the organization running the hostel is Christian, very ecumenical and discreet, but still better to know about it.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Mar 2017

I would definitely go back and stay at this hostel. Everyone was very nice, it was quieter, and was nice to come back to after a day of exploration.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Mar 2017

Great hostel, would recommend to everyone to stay here! Staff were super friendly and facilities were great, beds were really warm and comfy.

• England, All Male Group, 41+
24th Feb 2017

Not happy leaving shoes by the door