Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

I stayed at Lighthouse for 3 nights over the duration of the Ryder Cup. The facilities were fantastic and Ricky and Staff were very very hospitable. It felt more like staying with friends than staying in just another hostel. There were 8 of us in total staying at the hostel over the weekend and all share my sentiments. It will be the first place i book when i return to Edinburgh! Many thanks Ricky and staff Ryan

• 28th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Loved the home theatre. Staff very helpful. Nice place to stay. Would stay again for sure.

This was by far the best hostel we have stayed in as far as cleanliness, facilities and value for money. Staff we're lovely and very helpful. If we are ever in Edinbrugh again will definatly stay here. Highly recomended from us. Love the Kiwis xoxo

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

The best hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. It is a home away from home. The beds were soft and clean. The kitchen was modern and bright, plenty storage space. The free breakfast was nic. The showers were hot and had good water pressure. The best part was the movie room, which had 400 instant movies in a comfortable lounge. Internet was free and fast. The only negative was that it was a bit far from Waverly train station, so I would recommend stopping at Haymarket instead.

access to toilet facilities was poor

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Very friendly and cozy, breakfast included. Very clean, and a great location.

We stayed at Light House four nights. The hostel is cute, with a quiet and friendly atmosphere. The same apply to the staff, they helped us to met the city and the “home cinema” is an extra value.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Lovely hostel! Very clean and nice facilities and good idea to use slippers inside, it makes you feel like home. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Highly recommended, best hostel in Edinburgh!

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Ricky and staff were great hosts, and the hostel was amazing!

Excellent place...Loved the environment and the place. It is very clean and it felt like home. I would strongly recommend this place. Everything is walking distance and the staff was incredible. Rick, thank you for the attention and hospitality.

Great hostel for one night! Staff was ok. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a quiet hostel to stay in.

• 9th Sep 2014

I stayed a night at the Lighthouse but had to leave really early in the morning. Overall I think its a great hostel if you need a good nights sleep. I liked the smell of the hostel when I first checked in. The place felt nice and homely. There are a few things that could be improved as is with most hostels: That the people working there introduce themselves as working there or be mistaken for guest. Not good when you don't know who to check you out in the early morning.

The staff is incredibly nice and Ricky is the man. The hostel held a large amount a luggage for me during my four day stay waiting for permanent housing accommodation. Ricky called a cab for me when it was time to leave. The hostel is very clean, and the slippers are a nice touch. It keeps the floors clean and the noise to a minimum. Wonderful place to lay your head for a few days! Clean and quiet!

• 2nd Sep 2014

This place was nice. Very clean, and it smelled like a yoga studio. A clean boutique yoga studio, not a sweaty one. =) I appreciated the large lockers, the clean and social kitchen, the basic but good breakfast spread, and the cheery atmosphere.

cozy and clean hostel with amazing atmosphere, absolutely recommended!! the kitchen, lounge and bathroom are modern, well-equipped and cleaned everfy day. the "no shoe policy" made me feel like home (you actually receive textile flip-flops to use within the hostel, which you drop into a laundry bag when you walk out the entrance).

The staff is very nice and helpful,location is ok,easy to take the bus to airport,breakfast is good ,good choice to stay in Edinburgh.

Great place - clean, centrally located, brilliantly well-equipped and organized kitchen, free cereal/toast/tea and coffee breakfast included. One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. Free lockers were an extra nice touch. Towel hire is available and WiFi worked fine. Quiet and respectful atmosphere. Close to central Edinburgh but not located on a busy street. I'd definitely return. My only complaint is that there were only 3 toilets/showers that I could see, and they were often all occupied.

• 27th Aug 2014

Clean and easy going hostel. Friendly staff. Would recommend and would return.

great hostel. highly recommend and i will stay here again when i go back to edinburgh.

Excellent hostel e staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5