Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Spectacular!! When you first arrive to The Light House hostel you are greeted by the sweetest staff and a tour around the hostel. Fully equipped kitchen, lounge with a small cinema, bathrooms and the bedrooms! I've been to loads of hostels before but none felt as comfortable and as much as home like this one, we were so incredibly pleased with our stay. The atmosphere between the guests was great, which I do believe the staff should take some credit for. Great location as well!

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

I stayed in this hostel for three weeks. The first thing I noticed was how friendly the staff were. The room was fantastic with comfortable bed and plenty of space. I stayed in 6 bedroom room which was quite, simply fantastic. The kitchen was clean all the time also bathroom and toilet. Location was excellent with a short walk to the GrassMarket and Princes Street. I will definitely be back.

Lovely all staffs, kind & cozy atmosphere, everything was brilliant. (apart from toilet.. but I could manage it) I'm definitely back to Light Hostel, when I visit Edinburgh again. Many thanks, especially Izabel and WC wong :) I hope to see you all again.

This is a quiet hostel which suits my preference.The guests seems to be abiding the "no noise after 11 pm rule" w/c is great. The kitchen is equipped with kitchen tools and seasonings etc. The free breakfast is great. There's peanut butter and choc spread if you don't really fancy the butter and jam combo. :) There's 4 selection of cereals. The hostel is also very clean overall. You leave your shoes on a small "entrance room" just before entering the building so that explains it.

A nice overnight stay. The hostel has a nice feel to the place. The staf member that I met seemed friendly enough, nice little touches throughout the hostel. The bed was comfortable enough, though due to the cold weather outside the heating was put on, but a little too high for my liking - bu I suppose you can't please everyone. A query after departing was settled promptly and professionally. Would reccommend!

Recommendable. It is a very nice place to stay and very cheap. It is 10 min walk to Edinburgh castle but still located in a quiet area. The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful.

Lovely, friendly hostel. I was only there a few nights but there a movie was watched most nights and we had a vietnamese-themed dinner together! The only negative was that there are only three bathrooms and two showers but I rarely had to wait. Lovely staff and fellow hostel starters.

• 23rd Nov 2015

The only hick with this hostel is the very few bathrooms it has but since everything else is topnotch, it's still worth going back there.

Great hostel in a fab location. Really friendly staff (Isobel) and amazing that continental (help yourself) breakfast is included for 17 pound a night. Will defiantly be going back soon. Thank you ☺

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Scotland

We enjoyed our stay at the Light House. The staff were both friendly and helpful. We would definately like to stay there again when we return to Edinburgh.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Such a lovely hostel. Everything about my stay was great.

• 19th Nov 2015

Nice and helpful staffs! Not allow to wear shoes into the hostel is a great and clever policy to keep the room clean!!!!!

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Hong Kong

Had a really good stay at lighthouse hostel. It was peaceful, quiet and had a very homely vibe. Would definitely stay here again. Staff was also super nice and the place kept in a really good condition.

Hated the single room, but loved the room for four that I had the second night. Not quite enough baths (4) for all the guests, and when I was there, one of the showers was out of order. I did enjoy my stay, the other guests, and most of all the staff. They were friendly, helpful, and really aimed to please. Despite my minor complaints, I would stay there again, but not in the single!

• 10th Nov 2015

+ warm welcome from the staff and motivated Team (not only my daughter) - - nice "Red Room" - Kittchen during night hours closed til 07:00h - early leaving guests have no chance to breakfast

• 8th Nov 2015
  • Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

This one definitely one of the best hostel experiences i have ever had. The staff was so welcoming and the facilities were so clean and comfortable. The lounge area and the cinema were also a huge plus.

The most amazig was the living room! The guitar, books, TV and everything else ... So cool :)

Safest hostel I ever stayed! Lovely and helpful staff, also guests made me feel comfortable. To be honest best hostel In Edinburgh. Manuel

great staff who was friendly and helpful, really clean hostel, wifi working really good, the common area and the kitchen were clean and nice, the room i stayed (6 ppl) had a private toilet and shower and a second sink, there were additional toilets and showers outside the rooms, towels provided if you asked without extra money

The hostel is just perfect! The staff, the atmosphere and the facilities are great. Congratulations guys this is how all hostels should be like!