Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Very friendly hostel with a very good atmosphere:) there was a group of 9 of us staying and the hostel staff were very accomodating! Always eager to help with directions so would definiately stay there again! Very nice places to eat around the hostel and the polish bakery was great!!:)

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Good hostel, very clean and organized. Location is the weak point because it is a bit far away of the Old Town, where you can fibd the most interesting places to visit. Anyway, if you don't mind walking is an excellent option.

I really enjoyed the stay and will definitly recommend the hostel to my friends :-) The only thing that made me a little bit uncomfortable were the different room fragrances and fragrance dispenser, for I am allergic to these. But I had some medicine with me, so after I figured out, that it was allergy and not a common cold, I was fine!

• 30th Oct 2014

Great hostel, staff is very friendly and helpful. Hostel is very clean and tidy. Only draw back is the single bathroom on each floor.

I really enjoyed my time here. It's definitely not a party hostel, but that puts you with like-minded travelers who you can connect with really well. Good times.

I really enjoyed staying here and will recommend staying here to my friends who visit Edinburgh in the future.

Was a wonderful stay at Light House Hostel. GO there if you are in Edinburgh.

I love the music in the lobby.

amazing staff, clean place, friendly atmosphere. would stay again.

This hostel was great! The staff were very nice, and breakfast is provided, which was a huge bonus. It's a bit of a walk to Princes street and Edinburgh castle, but there are lots of buses, so getting around is easy, especially because the hostel provided maps.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Very cute hostel in Edinburgh, it's kept very clean, and you get to wear a pair of slippers which would help with that as you're not tracking mud around everywhere. It was a bit noisy during our stay, but that's not something you can really help in a hostel!

This is the best hostel in Edinburgh ! This place is so peaceful ! This is the perfect place if you don't like noisy, partying, driking hostels. Perfect stay !

The staff are incredible. The common room has a computer you can use and the WiFi is free and available in the rooms. The beds are clean and the room I was in had a sink. The washrooms were clean. The lockers are bit finicky but if you read the instructions you'll be fine. I booked the day I was traveling into Edinburgh and there system still had me on file. Dependable. Clean. Friendly.

• 16th Oct 2014

Great hostel! Super friendly and helpful staff!

Myself and my brother had a very nice stay in the hostel, very welcoming from the minute we entered the hostel until we departed. Felt like a home a away from home. Good facilities, warm shower, comfy bed, very clean and a safe place & staff were very helpful with offering advise on place to eat, to see etc!! would recommend if visiting Edinburgh to stay there :)

The lighthouse had everything I needed for my weekend, comfortable beds, wi- fi, clean facilities and good breakfast spread. They also had an hairdryer and an iron, which was very helpful as I was going to a wedding. One drawback was that it wasn't the easiest to find, more detailed directions on the website would be very helpful.

• 9th Oct 2014

the light house hostel is a perfect hostel to explore Edinburgh with friends or on your own. The host was very welcoming and provided us with free towels and adaptors 😀 never been in such a clean and well equipped hostel! the town centre is easily accessable on foot and the hostel within a nice area. perfect place to stay in Edinburgh!

I was very impressed by this hostel; warm and welcoming, clean and cosy it was a true home away from home. The staff were relaxed and attentive, and though it was a little further out of the centre than some hostels it was still easily walkable distance from Prince's Street (10 mins). I would definitely stay here again if I was after budget accommodation in Edinburgh.

Very friendly place, the atmosphere is very familiar and cosy. A clean place and a kitchen where you can cook.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Romania

I really enjoyed staying in the hostel, the atmosphere was very comfortable and the owner very kind! I'll love being there again!