Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Very warm and cozy home style, host and member of staff are very friendly and helpful. Stay here when you travel in Edinburgh :)

Billion thanks to Ricky for his great hospitality!!!! His staff Sandra was incredibly friendly too! I had a good stay here in Edinburgh. Also thanks for the advices on transportation and attractions to go! I would definitely recommend Light House to people who would like to visit Edinburgh.

This was a fantastic hostel, a bit out of the way but quiet and very clean, which is great after dealing with hostels filled with tons of loud, dirty, smelly people. The owner Rickey is awesome, very helpful! I would definitely come back here in a heart beat!

It was a very peaceful place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There were lots of places around it to eat or buy groceries and we were told about the places upon arrival. The city bus went right by the Lighthouse that took us to down town.

• 2nd Jun 2014

It is the most comfortable Hostel I've ever seen! The bathroom is as amazing as the kitchen! And most important: The staff is incredibly ready to help.

• 30th May 2014

Clean hostel with very good atmosphere and lovely stuff ! I´d come back!

• 30th May 2014

Stay at the Light House Hostel! The staff was so friendly and the rooms were extremely clean. The best part however was the atmosphere! All the guests were very friendly and social!

The location, beds and lockers were fantastic! I would suggest an upgrade on the breakfast included, the Jam was fake and low quality. Being located in the UK an upgrade on the Jam would be easy!,

Very clean and well run hostel. A very relaxing place to stay.

• 28th May 2014

It was a nice place to stay, very comfy beds. Easy to find your way into the centre from.

Matrice was unconvenient and worn, bed to noisy and shaky.

Nice hostel, the staff were really friendly and helpful, not too far away from the main sites.

Thanks so much for a wonderful stay.

Best Hostel ever! Very clean and comfortable. Ricky is an excelent host, and he makes you feel like been in your home. The facilities are excellent and the atmosphere of this hostel is amazing.

The staff was really nice and very helpful. One of the best and most clean hostels I have ever stayed at! Very relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely come back!

• 23rd May 2014

We could not have asked for more economical or convenient accommodations in Edinburgh! The Lighthouse Hostel is lovely, clean, full of interesting people, and great staff. We stayed as a family of three (Mom, Dad, and adult son). Keyed lockers were provided for each of us. A simple breakfast comprising coffee, tea, cereal, milk, and juice was complimentary each morning. A very fine hostel!

• 21st May 2014

For the most part a lovely hostel with great staff. Bathrooms could do with more hooks. The communal areas were very clean, but my private twin room could have been cleaner - windows were a bit mouldy, and skirtings grubby. Our room needed either hooks or at least a table to put things on. Everything had to go on the floor. And our bunk bed was very creaky and noisy which disturbed my sleep. Finally, as it was the Edinburgh marathon prices doubled and I think £100 a night too much for a hostel.

• 21st May 2014

It was a very nice hostel to stay in. Very easy to find, very close to the main attractions. The staff was kind and helpful. People living in the hostel were very respectful of the rules established by the owners. Overall I really appreciated my stay.

• 19th May 2014

This place is as clean as any any hostel you'll stay at. If you've been to many hostels, and you're anything like me, the two most important things are good Wi-Fi and hot showers. They hit the mark on both. It's a brisk ten minute walk from Edinburgh Castle and the city center, and is in a good area. They offer a typical hostel breakfast, better than average security and a helpful, if not the most friendly staff. There is a full laundry service available...would certainly stay here again.

Stay there as comfortable as stay at home.