Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

The whole family enjoyed a few great World Cup matches in the cozy chill-out room and had great fun cooking in the well-equipped kitchen. All in all tidy with excellent service - a welcoming hostel indeed!

Totally a very excellent hostel I've been visited. The owner and the staff are very nice and the hostel provides a great deal of Edinburgh travel information which is very useful. The price are reasonable and rooms are very clean. Kitchen provides free breakfast and snacks and enough toilet. All at all, it is a very budget hostel choice. :)

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

I honestly recommend Light House Hostel as I had really good time there. Friendly staff (greetings for Emma), looking after the guests. Interesting chats during the breakfasts. I like cleanliness policy. If any opportunity to come back to Edinburgh I will definitely come back to this hostel.

A little ways away from the High Street, about a 20 minute walk. But very clean and organised.

• 27th Jun 2014

incroyable

• 27th Jun 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful. Everything was clean and well organized and managed. The Hostel was in walking distance from the main tourist attractions/city center. We took a cab from the train station because we had heavy back packs but it too was with in walking distance. Definitely would recommend and use this hostel again.

very pleasant hostel with friendly host, very clean and made us feel just like staying at home

The owner of the hostel is really attentive and helpful, he gave me lots of tips on Edinburgh. The hostel is clean and quiet, it might not be a perfect choice for party goers, however, for me, who expected a night's good sleep, it is a outstanding choice.

It is a really nice and sweet hostel. The beds are a bit short for tall people. If you come by car it is really hard to find a free parking place. In the neighborhood is a hotel which offers a car park which is not that expensive. You can rent an adapter from English plug to e.g. German, Swiss and Italian plugs which was very helpful.

• 11th Jun 2014

Rickie was great!! He went out of his way to make sure we were taking care of. Ordered taxi for us. The hostel was very clean and well taking care of. We had a wonderful stay. I do wish it was located closer to a bus stop but there's nothing you can do about that.

one of the best hostels I ever stayed in! very nice!

• 10th Jun 2014

So relaxing after mistakenly booking a party hostel the night before. Felt just like home. Although it is somewhat outside the city centre, it really is a short walk to sites like Edinburgh castle, and all other facilities are within even shorter walking distance. Unfortunately the breakfast had only two spreads on offer, marmalade or jam, which is fine if you're an avid fan of either but if you aren't there is no other option. If looking for good coffee, try Vittles around the corner.

Thank you so much for your good review and suggestion for more breakfast spreads. We have now added chocolate spread, peanut butter and lemon curd as well as the strawberry jam and orange marmalade. There are also now 4 kinds of cereal for breakfast. We hope you will come and stay with us a gain soon!

Amazing hostel. I've been in a few hostels around the UK. This is by far the cleanest and best run hostel. Ricky the owner is amazingly friendly. He will give you a quick overrun over the city map and help you with anything questions you have. The hostel itself is clean, bright and cheery. Location wise it's pretty central. About 15-20 walk minutes to get to the downtown core. Bathrooms are clean and kitchens are great. Beds are ultra comfortable too! Great prices.

This is an excellent hostel. Walking distance to the main areas, clean and friendly. Helpful. Ricky was awesome! If you don't mind waiting for a bathroom at times, you will have a very nice stay here.

• 6th Jun 2014

I had a great stay at light house stay. Ricky and all the other staff were lovely, very helpful and always good for a chat or a helping hand. A nice touch was the relaxing music and incense so it's quite a claim hostel where everyone very friendly!

• 5th Jun 2014

Light House Hostel is one of the best Hostels I've ever been to. I really recommend this hostel. It's worth a stay (=

• 5th Jun 2014

Overall outstanding place to stay, out of the way a bit, but very quiet and relaxing. Definitely would stay here again!

Very warm and cozy home style, host and member of staff are very friendly and helpful. Stay here when you travel in Edinburgh :)

Billion thanks to Ricky for his great hospitality!!!! His staff Sandra was incredibly friendly too! I had a good stay here in Edinburgh. Also thanks for the advices on transportation and attractions to go! I would definitely recommend Light House to people who would like to visit Edinburgh.

This was a fantastic hostel, a bit out of the way but quiet and very clean, which is great after dealing with hostels filled with tons of loud, dirty, smelly people. The owner Rickey is awesome, very helpful! I would definitely come back here in a heart beat!