Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

We all really enjoyed our stay. The staff was great and everyone was very friendly. The establishment was also very clean and they give you your own locker. The only downside was that it was about 15 min walk to the more touristy areas. However it's a pretty easy walk. I would most definitely stay here again!

• 20th Feb 2014

Great set up, friendly helpful staff. One of the nicest places I've stayed in

I've tried 3 hostels so far in Edinburgh and this was the best. Very homely, well organised, quiet, like living in your own home. It may tend to be slightly more expensive than other hostels but that's because you're getting a bit more value with breakfast included in the price.

Great place, lovely people and spot on position, near bars food places & city BUT it is very frustrating having to queue for the loo and shower in the morning as there is only 3 for the whole hostel!

• 7th Feb 2014

It was great, really cozy, clean. There was an amazing atmosphere. Loved our stay there.

A high quality hostel. Good location in city centre, but not in noisy street. Warm atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean. Fully equipped kitchen. Only minor issue was a creaky bunk bed.

I stayed here twice in a span of three months because I simply loved the place! The staff was fantastic, and remembered me the second time I went through! The over-all feel of this hostel is very homey; I felt like I was very welcome and felt comfortable the entire time. The location is not bad, but it is a bit of a walk away from the Grassmarket and the Royal Mile, about 20 minutes if you're walking fast.

Everything was beyond amazing!! The staff are so friendly and the atmosphere is so homey!! Great place to meet people!

This is the best hostel

The hostel was very good value for money. As regards to cleanliness it was absolutely immaculate. The dorms are of good size with big lockers. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The internet speed was great.

Almost perfect hostel. The only bad thing is its atmosphere. But I think due to the fact that this hostel is a bit tiny, it is possible to entertain with everybody who stays there! It's really nice hostel! I tottaly recommend going there! Even If you like one more exciting place, I think there is still a good place to stay!

Thanks for your comments, we're sorry you felt the lack of atmosphere- sometimes people are reading or on laptops so the atmosphere can be quiet and chilled but this is apealing to some travelers. Most of the time there is always chat and laughs to be had in our lounge and kitchen.

Stay here...amazing place and people

• 21st Jan 2014

Great atmosphere and all the staffs are very kind. I really liked to stay at Light House Hostel in Edinburgh.

It was a quiet hostel mainly for students looking for somewhere to stay while looking for a more permanent. It's very cosy and homey. The Lockers and locks are all included. It's very clean but on downside is that there is one shower and toilet per floor so sometimes the queue for the shower is very long. If you shower in the evening it's usually fine. The Location is close to many of the main attractions. It's not as central as the other hostels but it's very close regardless.

Think this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It felt very welcoming and homey. All was very clean, kind and helpful staff and a good atmosphere that made everyone feel at home and friendly to one another. I've very much enjoyed my stay and from expecting a place just to sleep you've managed to make me feel like coming home and wanting to spend the night indoors whilst making new friends. Absolutely wonderful. Keep up the good work!

• 11th Jan 2014

Great atmosphere, comfortable & clean rooms, had a great time!

Everything excellent.

I liked this hostel because was clean, organized and staff very nice.....thanks guys.

Light House is the best hostel I've stayed in. Everything was perfect- extremely clean, friendly and knowledgeable staff, laid-back atmosphere, in a very secure setting. I felt safe, welcome, and relaxed. I've never come across better hostel staff in all my travels either- at Light House they are beyond nice, they are accommodating in every way and are excited to get to know you and help you discover Edinburgh. I'd recommend this place to anybody going to Edinburgh- Thanks guys for everything!!

very good hostel. wifi worked in our room. everything was clean which made us feel comfortable. the atmosphere is good, staffs are very friendly and when we having breakfast, it played music or radio. the only one bad thing is the mattress was too soft for me.