Light House Hostel Reviews

20 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Absolutely amazed!! Light house is the best hostel I have ever stayed! It's very clean in every common area and room. The owner and the staff members are all very friendly and helpful. Loved the free breakfast, wifi, coffee and tea. The lunge room has a projector which allows us to play movies on the wall and seat on the comfy couches and bean bags to enjoy the evening. Definatly will go back again in the future! Highly recommend!

Amazing hostel. The best one I have ever been to. It feels more like a house than hostel :) The staff was amazing and people very friendly. No noise =>> I slept like a baby !

The hostel is really clean and cozy. The staff is super helpful and nice. It's a lovelt place.

It was a great hostel! The staff was lovely and very helpful!

This hostel is a little difficult to get to, but everything else about it is absolutely wonderful. The staff are great, friendly, and helpful.

Great hostel friendly staff one of the few hostels that deserves 100%

Best service in the hostel industry that I have experienced so far.

This was a great place to stay! Ricki was a great host. We really enjoyed our stay at the Light House.

5* hostel absolutely - only one recommendation would be to have more readily accessibly power points for those on the top bunks! Thank you for a great stay!

My time at the light house hostel was AMAZING. Ricky is a FANTASTIC host. The location is close to Grassmarket street (food, pubs), and basically close to everything else Edinburgh has to offer. The facilities in the hostel are great, and the free breakfast will get you ready for a day of adventure. The lounge is the best lounge I have stayed in, and Ricky has many movies and a projector if you want to chill out. One of the BEST hostels I have stayed in!

The hostel manager, Ricky, was super chill and very accommodating. No complaints about the hostel. Would definitely stay again!

The host Rick is the most gentle person.

The staff were very courteous and the environment was really cosy. I felt like home. =) The hostel is located, more or less, 15 minutes from the centre of the city, on foot. They have some suggestions of great tours to go. The city is wonderful!

Lovely staff, great local knowledge for our short trip, helpful with taxis, really fabulous Thank you!

• 22nd Dec 2014

It was a great stay at Light House Hostel. Ricky, one of the staff member, was a very nice person, really friendly and too much helpful, everything my girlfriend and I needed he was able to help. The hostel was very clean and it could be easily noted. The kitchen and the breakfast were also good. The only 'problem' was the distance to the city centre but Edinburgh is not a big city, so it was not that big problem, we only had to walk a bit more.

While the Hostel was a little bit out of the Centre of town, the staff went out of their way to provide quick routes into town either by bus or foot. Great lounge and kitchen with people always filtering though. Enjoyed my stay

The Lighthouse hostel is a lovely place. Easy localization, especialy with the indications provided by the hostel. The atmosphere is great, there is many places of integration. The host, Ricky, is very dedicated and always present, the place reflect his personality, calm, quiet and friendly. He always helped me when I needed. The hostel is extremely clean, the bathrooms and the rooms too. The beds are really comfortable. I would definitely return.

very cosy, its my recommended hostel in Edinburgh.

Really great staff and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. A wonderful place to return to after freezing my feet off walking around the city, I am very happy indeed that I chose this hostel for my stay in Edinburgh!

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Wonderful hostel! It's like staying at home in another city/country! Very helpful staff, well located, just 15/20 minutes walk to castle and royal mille, and princess street, as well.

• 28th Nov 2014