Liljana Rooms Reviews

Via Colombo,25, Cinque Terre, Italy

Nice clean rooms, great location. The staff member was pretty chilled out. Would recommend. Cinque terre was awesome!

Awfull service. Not clean.

It was a little strange at first when he walked my girlfriends and I down dark, narrow alleys to access our rooms, but when he opened the sliding gate we were pleasantly surprised. Also, the owner, although austere, is a kind person, when an emergency forced me to scramble to book a flight home for the next day, he graciously allowed me to use his computer for a while and even offered to let me stay a night for free if that would help. So yes, a kind person. The room was clean enough, the basics

No WIFI in the room.

The hostel was exactly what I expected considering other reviews. I personaly didn't have any problems, staff was ok, chatty, they let us leave our things whole day after checkout in their office, and the room was in the core of the city center, really clean, with kitchen (but without windows). But some other people that were with us in the room had problems because they booked for eight and they settled them and other people from the group of eight in the rooms in diverse part of the town.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Good comfortable places with all the basics needed. I had the room close to the beach and train station, which was very convenient. Whilst not the most modern facility, was good value for its worth and no issued were found with any of the equipment. Would recommend and stay again.

This place is really odd. One guy seems to run all the accommodation in Riomaggiore (which is the 5th of the Cinque Terre towns… definitely better than staying in La Spezia. Once I was checked in, it was all good. The room was down a weird alleyway and there was no wifi, but Cinque Terre was so beautiful and the room was close to the train station, so none of that really mattered. There aren't many hostel options in the area as well, so I think this is probably as good as it gets!

The guy that runs the place runs the office by himself, but the rooms are spread throughout the town. NEEDS MORE STAFF. The wifi is nonexistent. We went to our room the first night, and there was someone in my bed. Of course, the office closes at night so I had to sleep in my friends bed. The next night, he "forgot" to have someone clean the bed someone had slept in, so again, I had to sleep in my friends bed. SO UNORGANIZED. I had to tell him what the costs of the rooms were....

• 6th Sep 2014

Liljana Rooms actually has another name, but it's quite good for Riomaggiore for that price. You'll have to sleep in the apartment entrance if you choose the dormitory option, that connect to the kitchen and bathroom... but great if you choose the private room i suppose.

The location is great, so long as you can handle the uneven stairs. The bed was comfy and the shower was good. There aren't any lockers in the rooms, and no option of a safe deposit in reception or anything. There isn't really anyway to meet other travelers, except by chance.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Fantastic location and great facilities!

Like a lot of the hostels here they are not your typical set up, you have to go up to the office (Which is the only place with wifi) and they take you down to another building where your room is. Beds are just fold outs so given the price its not great but again there is limited accommodation options here. The people that were staying there were great, which made it a good stay.

First of all, the name of this hostel has changed. So finding it was really difficult because we were looking for "Liljana". Then, the system booked us for two bedrooms, while we only booked one. They made a big deal and were always rude. The actual room was far from the office and didn't have wifi at all. Even though there are 3 keys to get into the room, the windows open straight onto a walkway so anyone could come up to them. There's no air conditioning but you can't open the windows for air.

It was so adorable. Perfect place to stay for a couple of days!

Good location but beds were uncomfortable and there are no security lockers. Towels are also too small and they took my personal towel!! No wifi in the rooms.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Wonderful location! Stunning view and fantastic value for money!

• 27th Jul 2014

The photo of this apartment is not of this actual room. It is of another room that the staff also own. There is no ocean view - just close to the ocean. Great location and staff were friendly but was not what I thought I'd payed for. Bathroom was the smallest room I've ever seen.

I stayed single female in an apartment with 3 twins beds in the open area. The apartment also had 2 bedrooms (1 with a queen and the other with a double and 2 twins). Altogether there were 9 girls in the room with 1 bathroom, but the shower area was separate from the sink area. The apartment was clean and the twin bed was comfortable. I saw the staff try to accommodate several people who were unhappy, but for the old city with old buildings and hills with stairs, this place was average.

The hostel room was in an amazing location. I could look out of the balcony directly onto the sea. The room was spacious and airy however not so great when the fold out cot for the 9th person was set up. The office is located much further up the hill from the room and wifi is only available there. The staff are friendly and helpful except the cleaners who seem a tad unfriendly and very unimpressed if you happen to be in the room when they arrive.

Tough to find from the train station if you follow google maps. Front desk staff was helpful and polite (we had read different on previous reviews). Little bit of a walk to the place we stayed and it was a 9 bed dorm instead of an 8...so it was a little crowded (especially the bathroom). Even with all these people, the atmosphere in the room was AMAZING! We all got along great. Fridge in room was awesome and quick access to water and metro was great. Bunkbeds were not so comfy/safe.

View all Cinque Terre Bed and Breakfasts