Lilliput Hostel Reviews

Via Principe Amedeo 94, Rome, Italy

Instead of stating a state tax (3,5 EUR per day) in the booking, the owner wanted me to pay it on top in cash. I refused as my hostelworld receipt said "all taxes included". He got angry and was unfriendly. The hostelworld customer service asked him to refund the money and make sure he tells all taxes in the booking in the future. Still he did not. Instead he booked the money off my credit card unauthorized - no go! "Breakfast" is a shity packaged croissant and a packaged juice pack.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Denmark

Thank you very much. I love this hostel and I love to stay here again!!

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Japan

We liked our stay at the Lilliput but there were a few bad things. We couldn't get wifi anywhere in our flat and there aren't any staff to help you. It's also very hot, as there's only one fan in the room. Overall, it's clean and nice.

Best handmade coffee so far with breakfast help me get through a fantastic day.

A few rooms with offsite staff. Have to coordinate arrival time. Not a lot of space, but that's normal for Rome. Good shower.

It was the best hotel for me!!! Lovely people, excellent location!

We lasted an hour before we upped and moved

the room of the customers had been fully restored one week before, you should say which is the real reason why you leaving the room empty and no chance 'for us to receive more bookings. also about the credit card provided, and there 'was asked to withdraw it!

We had a great stay, really good location. Because of a delayed flight, we arrived close to midnight, but that didn't stop the host from telling us the basics for a stay in Rome. The room was a bit humid and warm, but Giorgio aquired a fan for us the second day. Great location and relatively easy to find because of the proximity to Termini.

Good location and relatively well presented. The room we had was small, but the shared kitchen and bathroom area was standard. Wifi not great unless you sat by it and no air-con so we had to leave the main door open to create a draft and cool down. Once again it is one of those places you need to establish when you are arriving as a person needs to hand over keys etc. Owner not based there.

Lilliput was a nice location and the staff was very friendly! Took time to make suggestions on where to eat and what to see. The wifi is horrible and could only be accessed standing in one place in the hallway. And it was advertised to have air conditioning and it did NOT. "Air conditioning" was a fan on the ceiling. And breakfast was a pre-wrapped croissant, juice box and coffee. Not the best place, but good if you are on a budget.

Very clean and cosy and close to the train station, the staff is very nice - thanks Giorgio for coming by so fast! But it is a little hard to find, there is no sign or anything, you have to look closely at the door bell nameplate. But that's really the only flaw!