Lima Limon Candelaria Hostel Reviews

Carrera 1 12B-15, Bogota, Colombia

Don't book this hostel on hostel world as they won't honour your booking. I booked a single room for 2 nights but when I got there they said the room wasn't available. I suspect they had given it to someone else. They claimed they could not find the booking even thought I had the receipt. How is this possible? They put me in a double room that was twice the price and said I could pay for a single. I confirmed this at least 3 times in the evening. Then the next day they tried to may be pay full.

• 1st May 2015
  • milkbar

Really nice and friendly hostel!

The rooms aren´t really soundproof (there´s a door to the room but also open space above it). Breakfast was good (tasty bread, only jam and butter).

Staff were friendly and helpful, and the dorm was quite spacious. There were not enough bathrooms for all the guests though and the kitchen utensils were continuously used by staff and then not cleaned. Location was good, close to a supermarket and within walking distance to the main square and the sights of the historic centre. Breakfast is basic (rolls and jam) but the rolls were fresh straight from the oven each morning.

Booked a double room which was fine for a short stay. Walls were very thin and the room was directly above the kitchen, so we were woken up by the neighbours and anyone coming in late. Shower was ok, a little dirty, and no hot water. Breakfast was the standard bread, jam and coffee. Staff were friendly, although not great English. We asked them to book us an early morning cab to the airport but it never arrived. Well located in the old town and near Bogota Bikes. Good wifi.