Lima Limon Candelaria Hostel Reviews

Carrera 1 12B-15, Bogota, Colombia

Good place to stay in Bogotá Colombia

Thanks a Lot !!!!!

-facilities are mediocre -location in La Candelaria is great, a block or so away from a square with some fun bars and locals hanging out -decent enough breakfast is included -good value i thought, about $10 for a dorm room in a good location

Facilites are mediocre? why? you are the first person in two years with that opinion. Good value and 77 % ? Good luck!

Good location, friendly staff, very nice and lovely decoration, I felt very comfortable and will stay there again.

Nice hostel, great place to stay in central Bogota. MAde to feel very welcome and breakfast is included. We stayed in a good value for money private Twin Room and would recommend.

• 22nd Jan 2014

I was super impressed with this hostel. It is perfectly located in La Candelaria in walking distance of most attractions, clean, and I always felt safe. I thought the hostel was very tastefully decorated and appreciated the chilled out crowd it attracted. Excellent value for money when compared to other hostels in the area, coffee all day, the staff were able to help with every request I had, from laundry to onward travel. Few bathrooms never seemed to be an issue. Would definitely stay again!

• 14th Jan 2014

Thanks !!! See you Soon!!!

I'm envious : there are people who go there for a couple of days, and they end up spending weeks, sometimes months :) Thank you so much Sonia! BIIIIG hug!

Thanks Pascal!!! come back soon!

Very nice and cozy-looking hostel close to the bars and shopping. Unfortunately I don't like cats so it was quite annoying with the cat jumping up the tables and entering the rooms. Breakfast and wifi was ok (croissants and coffee/tea). They have free coffee but I only drink tea so it was a bit of a surprise to see that there were no free tea, which there has been at other hostels. Nice warm showers :)

Hi : Thanks for your words and really sorry about the tea, we are going to start making tea and coffee for breakfast. Thanks for staying in Lima Limón.

I loved my stay at lima limon. The staff are such lovely people and in the end it felt like a share house with everyone really hanging out and enjoying. Totally recommend it.

Thanks !!! come back to Lima Limón!!

The atmosphere is wonderful! Quiet but still very sociable. It was always easy to go to bed at a reasonable time. I wouldn't recommend walking around outside after dark, but that was no issue for me. They even have a cat which is quite friendly. The hostel was a little hard to find at first, but quite easy once you figure out the Bogotá grid system. Walking distance to everything in La Candelaria, as well as the Museo del Oro Transmilenio station.

Thanks a lot Connor and see you soon!

A great hostel. It´s located in La Candelaria, a popular part of Bogota and near to all the attractions and buses. The area was safe. It´s a very small hostel, but that's a good thing because you get to meet everyone and the vibe is very nice. Good breakfast included, which I haven´t seen in many hostels during my travel in South America. It was my second time in Lima Limon and it was even better this time.

The hostel is located in Candelaria, nice neighborhood, next to downtown. But my room was inside of other room, so everytime I had to go to bathroom I had to pass through the other room. The place is small, ugly, but shower and breakfast were ok! Frontdesk girl was friendly.

The place is ugly? why?

We had a very pleasant stay. The staff was nice and accommodating. The hostel itself was quite nice.

• 10th Nov 2013

Really nice stuff. Good location. Overall,good value for money This place is not suitabe for people allergic to cats, since they got one.

• 26th Oct 2013

Lima Limon is a hostal with character! The staff are very nice and accommodating. It is a relaxed place with internet-WiFi, hot showers, a nice kitchen for preparing lunch or dinner and a great cat - Nutella. The location was great for me - easy to walk everywhere I planned to go. There is also a bicycle rental/tour company very close so if you want to cycle on Sunday as well as a farmers market for vegetables and fruits. Thank you very much for a home away from home!

Thanks!!!! come back!!!