Lime House Youth Hostel Reviews

The hostel smelled of weed and the guy who checked me in was obviously stoned. People wouldn't flush properly after pooping. The afternoon staff played painfully loud music. I was woken by it at 2am and had to ask them to turn it off. They only turned it down. The smoking room opens to the lobby and the door is never closed. Staff smoked in the lobby in front of the No Smoking sign. There was gum dried onto the floor in my room. The first sheet they gave me wasn't clean and I had to notify them.

Like Fawlty Towers but less funny and everyone is Manuel.

its a fine place to stay for a night or two but not really a hostel vibe no atmosphere and staff could not offer any information on attractions / buses / change money etc

Firstly, the staff at this hostel were exceptionally rude and unwelcoming. When we arrived with our bags, obviously tired, we just got some dirty looks and sighs for 5 minutes before we were properly acknowledged and allowed to check in. Secondy, our room and the rest of the hostel was very dirty. Our bed was covered in hair, there were holes in the walls, the toilets were dirty and the kitchen was filthy. Thirdly, the staff played music/tv all night, even when we asked to turn it down.

Very nice and friendly staff. Good Location. Good to meet new people. Very safe for a Hostel. Facilities are not that good - however that's the only negativ point. The atmosphere is excellent. Totally to recommend!

• 4th Aug 2014