LimeTime Hostels - Paulista Avenue Reviews

Rua Treze de Maio, 1552, Bela Vista, Sao Paulo, Brazil

The toilets at our side of the hostel had flooded due to the rain, staff very helpful and polite. The bed was very uncomfortable due to the lats been broken. Close to public transport.

• 10th Dec 2013

pros- although the `free caipri` is actually tiny (more like a shot) it does bring everybody to the bar to socialise which i thought was a really good idea cons- The Brazilian male member of staff was rude and completely uninterested in providing any help or advice on any matter which was rather frusrating, and the hostel organised Ǵringo night was a bit of a con. There must be better hostels in SP and id advise trying somewhere else

No breakfast, which I am used to. But if you can live without then it's located perfectly - near the metro and city centre.

No breakfast (altough we serve coffee, milk and we make bread, but we don't call it breakfast) but FREE CAIPIRINHA EVERY NIGHT! :)

A nice hostel. Very friendly staff and good location. Caipi time is a good idea to get guests to mingle, although some seem to not take advantage of this... Stiffs. The motion sensors in the bathrooms could probably do with a tweak as I found myself showering in the dark a couple of times.

just had 5 night there. the hostel is clean, the dorm rooms are good and not crowded. security is really good - u get your own key and looker, and u can charg your devices in the locker! other then that the owner Bebeto, and the rest of the staff were so kind, and many time joined us going out at night. oh, and they have a capirinia time every night at 9 , when every body gather to get their free capirinia and plan where to go out. overall, i had a great time and i definetly recomend!

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Israel

The hostel is nice enough. Kitchen facilities are good, dorms are functional but lacking a little space. Free cocktail each night a bonus, bar tender Adrian friendly guy.

Such an awsom hostel! The staff were amazing, so caring, fun and welcoming! always people around to go out with, and the hostels location is so easy to get around! would definatly recomend!

This is a great Hostel. I had a great time here because it has a nice family feel…not only amongst the individuals I stayed with, but also with the staff. The area is also really safe and somewhat close to the party street – Rua Augusta. The only thing that I did not enjoy was my bed, which I felt was too small for me.

Great people, excelent place! If someday I have to return to SP I will stay there!

• 22nd Sep 2013

I had such a nice stay! The staff is very nice and helpful, the cafe (with free caipirinhas!!) is very cosy and a good place to meet the other guests. Wifi works, rooms are spacious, showers are not that hot... but overall i had a really good stay.

dubbed as the party hostel in Sao Paulo, its not. Bar doesn't open till 9pm, and not allowed to bring your own alcohol in. We shared one beer between 4 before 9pm and were told off. the hostel has atmosphere and the Anna, a staff member there is great!! Just thought the owner (i think it was) could relax or open the bar earlier. the rooms were fine, a curtain over the bottom bunk was good for a little extra privacy.

The bar is open every night at 7pm. We give free caipirinha at 9pm. Before those times we sell beers at reception. And yes, you can't bring alcohol from outside, as very clearly explained on the rules when you arrive. That's it! :)

It was a good stay overall. Location is really good, easy to find by subway. Supermarket just feet away, a mall very close by, near Paulista avenue. I would stay again.

I was sad to leave! Intended to stay 3 days and ended up there for 9! Met some great people, Anna, Daniel, Daniel & the night guy (sorry I forgot your name!) were all awesome!! They always were up for a chat, soo friendly & even helped me when I had my wallet stolen and made me feel a lot better about everything!!!! Bed has a curtain & the kitchens great! Overall I LOVED the place & will be recommending to anyone who will listen!! Thanks soo much guys, really made São Paulo for me!!

I really loved the staff, specially the Ukrainian girl. Regards!

• 24th Aug 2013

Positives: amazing staff, particularly one American girl who was really friendly and helpful. Everyone spoke great English which was a bonus for us. Kitchen is good, free caprihinas at 9pm. Great at organising nightclubs to go to, but hostel vibe is kind of dead. Negatives: bathrooms weren't very clean and lights didn't work. We met a girl who found bedbugs in her things while we were here too - don't know if it was true, but we changed hostels anyway just in case.

Of course you felt like the vibe was kind of dead. The party doesn't happen in the rooms. We saw you in your PJs and asked if you were going to sleep, and you said No. Most of us went party that night, and you missed the train. So we can't be blamed for that. And you left on a rumor, there was nothing on that girls bed, she even stayed longer AND in the same bed, which was NOT in the same room. The internet is turned off for 1 hour every night so people disconnect and mingle.

It´s a very good hostel. I love it. you will be surround by people with great humor and a great energy. all the hostel, including the bathroom, are very clean. has good localization, near to Av. Paulista and also to the Metro blue line. i´ll certainly stay there when came back in SP.

• 18th Aug 2013

Hostel is in a good location, near the tube stations which make getting around sao Paulo easy. The staff were all really friendly and nice to chat too, dorm rooms and beds were really good. But this was by no means a party hostel as it says.

Thanks for your comments. Weird is that the hostel was full both days you guys were here, with people from all over, including Brazilians... We are not a party hostel like Loki or Milhouse for example, but more Social hostel, and we suggest and take people to parties every night. Maybe you didn't join us? But I'm glad we pleased you in other areas...

everything alright, nothing to complain about at all. but please....tell Gringo visitors can be hungry too :))))

Very nice hostel! It's located in a safe neighbourhood and close to public transportation. The staff was super friendly and helpful every time. Het common outdoor space/ bar is great to meet new people and off course the free caipirinha (+ many cheap ones after) makes it easier to get in the right mood to go party afterwards. The staff even joined us to go out, what was great! We really enjoined staying here!

Loved the clean private room, showers were great, guy at front desk was helpful with a great map and it was just around the corner from Paulista Avenue. Would recommend LimeTIme!