LimeTime Hostels – Rio Reviews

Rua Dezenove de Fevereiro, 52, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great Location and a cool Atmosphere, but very very poor breakfast.

This hostel is Awsome!The atmosphere was great during our stay people from all over the world all drinking

This hotel is amazing! The staff are so awesome and make your stay in Rio the best time of your life (especially Gabrielle - cheers bro!). Free caipirinhas every night!

Incredible!! Staff were amazing and went above and beyond to inform and take us to street parties for carnival, as well as organise tickets for sambadrome. free caipirinha's every night are a brilliant idea for getting to know other travellers. Location is fantastic for getting around and really safe. All in all I plan stay here again as I loved it and just a massive thank you to Bebeto the hostel owner!!!

Great hostel, great atmosphere and the receptionist Gabriel was fantastic, it was the start of carnival and there were so many people arriving but he was so friendly and went out of his way to help us. He made our stay better. Thank you

• 11th Feb 2015

cool vibe. good location. super social which was nice. could be cleaner. the beds were the worst ever. they're like plastic mats and are incredibly loud every time you move. probably a great place to make some friends though. super relaxed with bar in the lounge area.

This was my first hostel experience and I was not disappointed. The staff were amazing. So helpful and took time to show us around and explain everything to us. The location wasn't amazing but it was central enough that it made it easy to go to all the parts of the city. The hostel was clean and although the beds squeezed like crazy whether anyone moved the room was comfortable and the hostel felt safe. My only complaint was that a 15 minute happy hour is too short!

Well, they give a true description of the hostel.:) It is mostly for young people that love fun and parties. But I, 39 year old woman, felt there comfortable. Positive: They offer breakfast that is not mentioned at all. It's simple but anyways it's much better than nothing. Kitchen facilities are fantastic.:) Atmosphere is also nice and staff is friendly. Negative: the bathroom could be cleaner.

A very nice place to stay, very nice people in a very good location.

• 13th Jan 2015

Has to improve a lot! there was a problem with A/C in one of the bedrooms and they didnt move us to other one. We had to sleep in the recepctionist room and we were not refund on anything even being reveillon that was really expensive. Poor breakfast finish very early.Located close to botafogo metro station, you dont do anything in botafogo so you have to get the metro all the time. There wasnt any water in bathrooms on the second floor was everything dirty and in the first floor was just drops.

They say that limetime is the most social hostel, but it's not like that! And the staff (except for the cleaning ladies) do nothing to make u feel confortable... U have no control of the a.c. and they turn it off before u wake up, rio is a hot citie... Sooo that was not so nice! The hostel is really clean and close to everything!

• 12th Dec 2014

It is social, but we can only go so far... Free caipis at night, no WiFi so people disconnect for an hour, but if you are on your private room, and you dont come to the social area, we cant bring the party to your room unless you invite us... AC is turned on and off anytime you request, you just have to talk to reception.

No wifi in rooms No water, cola,... Allowed in rooms At 9pm one our no wifi. It's a cool idea when people there, if not its boring

Good hostel- friendly staff- very near a metro stop and very affordable!

• 25th Oct 2014

I've already stayed in the hostel many times before, back when it was Stand Fast Hostel and I've always liked it very much. But I've heard there is a new owner, and it is possible to see some changes. The mattresses, which where amazing for a hostel, are not so good any more. Towels that where free are now are only for rent, and some other small things are not as good at it was before. I still had a great time, it is still a nice hostel and I would still recommend it, but not as much as before.

I was really good friends with the former owners and I loved the hostel, and was thrilled when they offered it to me. But we had some different thoughts about running a hostel. Towels were free, yes. But also the price was R$ 20 more expensive. So, not really free, right? Also, we offer Free Caipirinhas every night now. So I believe, we improved.

I highly recommend this hostel ! Good atmosphere, great staff and really clean. Great place if you want to visit Rio (very close to the metro), meet some people and drink some caïpirinhas !

Very helpful staff, lots of free drinks, cheap price, clean, air con, Netflix, adequate breakfast. Ticks all the boxes.

My second time at this Hostel... as always, the staff was awesome! Nothing to complain about. Thank you all for the amazing stay!

Very nice stay! I got a night for an excellent price there, with a drink included. They have breakfast included and book exchange, but that wasn't clear in their page. I had problems with mosquito bites because of an open window. The kitchen is very complete. There's another hostel in the next street but it's not worth a stay, LimeTime is much better!

Great location - South area of Rio, close to the subway and to a bunch of bus stops -; fridnely and multilingual staff and sociable environment. Really enjoyed!

Great hostel to stay at. Really nice and very helpful staff. Everything was clean and the location is good as it's really close to the metro, which is usefull to get to the most important sights. Also free Caipi each night, very good Caipis :-)

• 13th Sep 2014