LimeTime Hostels – Rio Reviews

Rua Dezenove de Fevereiro, 52, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I highly recommend this hostel ! Good atmosphere, great staff and really clean. Great place if you want to visit Rio (very close to the metro), meet some people and drink some caïpirinhas !

Very helpful staff, lots of free drinks, cheap price, clean, air con, Netflix, adequate breakfast. Ticks all the boxes.

My second time at this Hostel... as always, the staff was awesome! Nothing to complain about. Thank you all for the amazing stay!

Very nice stay! I got a night for an excellent price there, with a drink included. They have breakfast included and book exchange, but that wasn't clear in their page. I had problems with mosquito bites because of an open window. The kitchen is very complete. There's another hostel in the next street but it's not worth a stay, LimeTime is much better!

Great location - South area of Rio, close to the subway and to a bunch of bus stops -; fridnely and multilingual staff and sociable environment. Really enjoyed!

Great hostel to stay at. Really nice and very helpful staff. Everything was clean and the location is good as it's really close to the metro, which is usefull to get to the most important sights. Also free Caipi each night, very good Caipis :-)

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

amazing Hostel with a great staff! the location is very convenient and safe. The showers could be a little better... but, overall, a great place to stay!

The hostel was very good in general. The staff is very welcoming, helpful and easygoing. And the free caipi is the cherry on top! We spend very nice night there chating with other guests. Hope to find more places like that, they didnt put any problems for arriving earlier or living later, the breakfast was nice, the doorms were good and the showers clean. Also the area is very good, close to the subway an a walking distance for many interesting places We completely recomend it!

The first time I stayed in this Hostel was during the new year, I enjoyed the location, the area is safe with lots of facilities around such as transportation, restaurants, supermarkets, drugstores. Easy access to tourist spots in the city. This month I was in Brazil and I was there again ... I was in a private room with my boyfriend and we were pleased with the room, clean and airy room, comfortable bed, good service. Recommend the hostel, I've had good experiences and made ​​good friends there

• 25th Aug 2014

Pros: helpful staff, free caipirinha each night, good bar area, TV and computer. Cons: stayed in ground floor private double - smelly tiny room, mould on mattress, doors and walls, not a double but 2 single beds pushed 2gether, bedding

We hear you. Our ensuite double room has been completely renovated. We fixed the damp on the walls, repaint the whole room, got ONE new double bed and mattress, and we made it look nicer than before... Hope to see you in Rio again!

I stayed for 4 nights and was positively surprised considering the price. There was an international atmosphere and the staff was very friendly and helpful! The kitchen, bathrooms, bar and the double room was clean, and the free caipirinha each night with the chatty girl in the bar was definitely a plus! The location in Botafogo is great, close to the metro and buses with easy access to beaches, Lapa, the botanical garden and the city centre.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

The room was located at the back of the hostel in a place that pretty much looked like an old pantry or shall I say junk yard? You could find old appliances piled up in there! The walls in the room were full of mold and it was very smelly. As soon as I got to the hostel I was told the room had this problem. No discount was given. Basically I was told there was no other room of the same kind to go, so I had no option left but stay. Also, breakfast is really poor. A security deposit is required.

We hear you. Our ensuite double room has been completely renovated. We fixed the damp on the walls, repaint the whole room, got ONE new double bed and mattress, and we made it look nicer than before... And we cleared the area, so it's nice and organized again. Hope to see you in Rio again!

You get what you pay. The hostel is situated in Botafogo close to a metro. Breakfast is very very simple, employes are lazy, facilities are average. At 8 o'clock they really break down the internet for one hour and offer a free caipi.

Very good location. A short bus ride to both copacabana and ipanema beach. Close to the entrance if you want to hike cristo redentor. Close to Botafogo metro station. Security is pretty good. Clean and nice atmosphere. Beds are not in good shape. Very unstable. Small rooms too.

I stayed one night at this hotel because I needed a place close to the airport for staying one night. It was not as close as I thought, 60R the taxi ride. My room smelled really bad, as if there was a dead animal inside. It could never get used to it. The bathroom had also low standards of hygiene. I just stayed one night so cant say much of the rest.

• 9th Jul 2014

I had such a great time at this hostel! Incredibly helpful and knowledgeable staff and very close to the Botafogo metro station. The common area promoted a lovely, energetic and youthful atmosphere. I thought losin WiFi from 8-9pm would be terrible but the free caipirinha was great and everyone staying there was able to interact and make new friends. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Rio.

Very welcoming, clean and friendly hostel. We made the mistake of moving elsewhere for the rest of our time in Rio, and quickly went back to Limetime. We were welcomed back with opened arms by the staff. Very good for social life, with free caipirinhas at 8 o clock, and guests and staff always up for a chat, often ending up going out together afterwards.

The place was quite dirty and loud.

This hostel has pushed itself beyond its limits for the World Cup demand. The water was out before we went to bed and it went out again while I was in the middle of a shower! I went to a different bathroom and found the same problem (and a dude struggling w/ toothpaste all over his face). Also, the breakfast was the worst one that I've ever seen (cereal and no milk!). Don't stay here if you don't have to. Only plus is that the staff was friendly.

Overall, this hostel experience (my first) was acceptable. However, the focus on social over practical makes it a struggle to give it a higher rating. The lack of water over a number of days was not good, especially the morning after a night out. In addition, the bathroom was substandard and living quarters felt stuffy and damp. However, the social hours and interactions try and do well to make up for it. If you are not likely to spend a lot of time in the bath/bed rooms, this could be for you.

• 25th Jun 2014