LimeTime Hostels – Rio Reviews

Rua Dezenove de Fevereiro, 52, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I had a wonderful stay at Lime Time in Rio. The staff couldn't be better and the location is excellent. I was very happy with this hostel all the way around.

• 8th Apr 2014

Strongly recommended. Miss the staff from brazil, new york and sweden and the bartender girl. They all speak good english and very nice. Enjoy your free caipirinha and clubbing night with them. Perfect location, 5 mins to metro, 3 mins to 2 bus stations, 2 mins to supermarket. Fully equipped kitchen. Breakfast are quite ok. Have personal reading light, socket and locker. Only thing is not perfect is the bed, a bit noisy as it was made by wood, but it is not a problem at all.

A limpeza deixa a desejar. O café da manhã é péssimo. Não opção nenhuma.

Good location with friendly staff. No secure luggage storage and the kitchen a bit messy but we only stayed for 1 night and enjoyed it here.

Stood only one night, clean rooms, nice people and pretty cheap.

• 7th Mar 2014

Great atmosphere and great people. Relaxing common room with a full kitchen and easy access to tours and parties. Book here!

• 28th Feb 2014

My friend and I were staying in this hostel for carnival. We were sharing the room with 6 people more and the there were some days in which the bathroom was not very clean. The breakfast is not good at all, actually we were having breakfast outside most of the times. Every time you need the air-con you needed to go to the reception and ask for it. Sometimes we were really roasting inside the room and they sometimes were switching it off with no reason.

Carnaval is a very busy period, with TONS of party people, and it is hard to keep everything super tidy and clean as normally... But, hey, it's Carnaval in Rio... Should worry more about where's the next bloco, no? :) AC is turned on at night for sleeping, and we can't keep it on the whole day. People are expected to go explore the city and party during Carnaval, not to be roasting in the room. Fact: Our breakfast is not that good. Does the job thou!

Love this place and all the staff. In a nice area of Rio, easy to get to everywhere. Rooms and communal areas are clean and there is a really friendly and sociable atmosphere. Am staying here two more times when transitting through Rio, would highly recommend!

fun place to stay. mario kart is def an added bonus. great location. staff is excellent.

Very friendly staff, good access to Metro and every direction. Near Botafogo Beach. Clean rooms + air conditioned.

The worst hostel I have ever stayed in. When I arrived I did the check in and payed the full amount of my stay. Afterwards I discovered there was no water in the hostel (not one single drop). The knew but the just didn't or so called "forgot" to tell me. They had a problem with the street and some works there. I was furious after a 25 hours bus drive, all sweaty and tired and not able to take a shower. When I showed that I was furious the just laughed it away. DON'T STAY THERE WORST

That day we decided we need to save some water to make more profit $$$. So we turned the water off... Just on purpose... Now, seriously. Rio has a lot of infra-structure problems and water shortage is one of them. Add that the heat and the amount and duration of showers people take, and water is not enough. We are very sorry that happened, but it was out of our control. We did hire a Water tank truck to fill up our water tank and try to solve the problem. We did what we could!

Just one of the best experiences I had in a hostel. The staff was super friendly, they even went out with us to one of the best parties in Rio. We had a complementary caipirinha, which as a nice touch. It is very, well located, easy to get around with public transportation. Botafogo is right between downtown and the parties in Lapa and the beaches of Zona Sul, with cool restaurants and parties around. You can have a real taste of what Rio is. Staying there made my experience unforttable!

• 21st Jan 2014

really nice stay! i'd always recomend this hostel. gotta work on the free caipis though they were suuuuuper strong ;)

Excellent hostel. Rooms with nice beds, big lockers and aircon, perfect location (near everything form the beach to the Lapa parties), super clean, with great atmosphere and crowd. Best place in Rio, hands down! Ah, they have another one in São Paulo too. Just as great! :-)

Bebeto and his crew made my time in Rio perfect! He's a great party ambassador so if you looking to meet cool people from around the world and have the most fun in rio, stay at LimeTime... I also stayed in his hostel in Sao Paulo and it had the same vibe! :)

Excellent hostel! Great staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome, they will even take you out and show you the best places to party in rio, location is great for everything you will want to do, fantastic party hostel, highly recommended!

• 23rd Dec 2013