LimeTime Hostels – Rio Reviews

Rua Dezenove de Fevereiro, 52, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great Hostel, good location, awesome staff - they' re always up for some fun, you'll never get bored there ! I really appreciated the 1 hour Wifi break and the free Caipirinha every day, that kind of forces you to get to know other people and I indeed made some really good friends there and extended my few days stay to almost 2 weeks. The dorms provide enough space to storage your things and are basically OK, as well as the beds and the general cleanness. Would definitely stay there again!

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Austria

It was amazing! The location was perfect! In fact, I saved a lot of money by walking from Botafogo to Copacabana instead of taking buses. Near to a subway station, we can find losts of restaurants nearby, etc. the hostel itself was very good. Not to mention the wi-fi; awesome! I just had some issues with it when I was in my room (couldnt find it in there). Bathrooms and kitchen wasnt very clean also, but not that bad. To sum up, Im very satisfied with all services at this hostel!

I spent three awesome weeks at LimeTime. The staff is so welcoming and truly made me feel at home. You're never disappointed if you're looking for fun things to do and with chill people. The caipirinha hour is especially great, you have the chance to chat and make friends with your fellow guests. The location is great: beaches, metro, food (both restaurants and street stands) are all nearby. I give it five stars and I highly recommend it to any others considering LimeTime!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • China

I'm a 20-year-old university student from the U.S. I stayed at LimeTime for a month and a half while completing a summer internship in Rio. From the start, the staff were super friendly and attentive, even the owner of the hostel made rounds every so often to check in on guest and ask if appliances, bathrooms, etc were functioning well. Being on a student budget, the hostel was such a good deal. Also the atmosphere was great, I applaud the hour long wifi break. I definitely recommend to others!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • kenard

Great location and fun place for meeting people but a shame that it was pretty grotty on the whole, with toilet doors that you can't lock, showers not very clean, kitchen sinks often blocked, no cloth to dry dishes with. Staff very friendly and helpful except for one who one morning was absolutely fast asleep on the sofa while people were trying to enter and leave the hostel.

Booked 5 nights in a private double bed room with an onsuite. The room was TINY, to the point where when you opened the door, it brushed the corner of the bed. .Even though it is very cheap, on my trip I had stayed in much better accommodation for a similar price. The hostel also turns off the wifi for an hour in an attempt to make people socialise but I found that childish. If people want to talk, they will. Staff were helpful and friendly though.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your comments. I understand your concerns, but don't really agree... And we are very honest and upfront on our description, even the internet thing. About the room, it's not huge, but we believe its the right size. brush the corner of the bed is not "door barely opens". Well, picture is there to see... As for the internet, we all know we are very addicted to the WiFi. We believe that one hour with no internet wont do any harm. Plus you get a caipirinha! Disconnect! :)

pro: super friendly staff, nice atmosphere, caipirinha ;), location is good, close metro. cons: dirty bathrooms, not working toilettes, at one point we saw cockroaches, one morning a person came into the bathroom from the street he looked like a homeless person and he made a huge mess shaved his had in the bathroom, stayed there for more than an hour.

Thank you for your comments. The guest in question seemed like a regular guest when he checked in. We have several security measures to let somebody in, like Original ID, payment upfront, and others. He looked normal to us. And we cant predicted bad behavior... As soon as we noticed he was not behaving properly we asked him to leave. Hey, sometimes even our best guests misbehave... About the other things, all fixed now!

The Hostel is really dirty. The men`s toilet is just impossible to have a shower, there`s no water, the water is cold and the floor is full of hair, pubic hair and god know what. The reception service is not bad, but I wouldn`t say it`s good... The welsh guy was the only one willing to help.

I can only say that this is a typical revenge review. The guest checked out 4 hours after the official check out time, which is 11am, and was annoyed to be charged for late check out. He was rude while arguing about this. Before that everything was fine. Well...

The hostel is good, however there are some little problems: - In my bedroom the air conditioning doesn't work very well; - The toilet on my floor was with defective.

good location with good staff.

The management of the hotel seemed rather a crisis management. Too much things weren't working fine. As an example: The lights in one bathroom weren't working. As I was exepcting somebody would solve that problem, they were telling me there is another bathroom on the first floor. I was staying there three nights and they didn't fix it. There were numerous examples like this, unfortunately not very satisfying...

Very sorry about that... Indeed it was an extreme period... Finding decent labor in Rio is not an easy task unfortunatelly... But everything is in order now! :)

Nice hostel with decent facilities. The staff is nice too but I wasn't lucky with the people who stayed there at the same time as me. I don't know if it's a fluke or if this hostel attracts boring unfriendly people in general.

Definitely a fluke... Specially because our staff is always young and international, always up for a good time, so we do attract more fun people, but hey, there are always boring people everywhere, right! :)

Good location and secure place but the staff was not very friendly (no explanation of anything regarding breakfast, restroom...) and were unable to give me tips to what to see just saying read this guide here... The hostel is a bit dirty and a lot of stuff were broken (shower, light, part of my bed..), average hostel for a good price but I think you can find better in Rio

• 19th Mar 2015

I had a really good time at this hostel... great location... great for the money... only downfall is that the air condition was only ran at night... so it made it kind of miserable to be there in the day!

Great hostel with great staff especially if in the company of Michelle she was lovely and made it along with all the staff such a nice atmosphere. I recommend you to stay at this hostel when in Rio

• 8th Mar 2015

Best team of hostel staff I have met in my 4 months in South America so far. Always willing to go the extra mile to ensure everyone feels welcome and is having a good time. Very friendly atmosphere and cool vibe. The kind of hostel you can go to as a solo traveler and instantly make a group of friends to hang out with during the day and party with at night. Will be back!!

• 7th Mar 2015