LimeTime Hostels – Rio Reviews

Rua Dezenove de Fevereiro, 52, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel is good, however there are some little problems: - In my bedroom the air conditioning doesn't work very well; - The toilet on my floor was with defective.

good location with good staff.

Nice hostel with decent facilities. The staff is nice too but I wasn't lucky with the people who stayed there at the same time as me. I don't know if it's a fluke or if this hostel attracts boring unfriendly people in general.

Definitely a fluke... Specially because our staff is always young and international, always up for a good time, so we do attract more fun people, but hey, there are always boring people everywhere, right! :)

Good location and secure place but the staff was not very friendly (no explanation of anything regarding breakfast, restroom...) and were unable to give me tips to what to see just saying read this guide here... The hostel is a bit dirty and a lot of stuff were broken (shower, light, part of my bed..), average hostel for a good price but I think you can find better in Rio

• 19th Mar 2015

I had a really good time at this hostel... great location... great for the money... only downfall is that the air condition was only ran at night... so it made it kind of miserable to be there in the day!

Great hostel with great staff especially if in the company of Michelle she was lovely and made it along with all the staff such a nice atmosphere. I recommend you to stay at this hostel when in Rio

• 8th Mar 2015

Best team of hostel staff I have met in my 4 months in South America so far. Always willing to go the extra mile to ensure everyone feels welcome and is having a good time. Very friendly atmosphere and cool vibe. The kind of hostel you can go to as a solo traveler and instantly make a group of friends to hang out with during the day and party with at night. Will be back!!

• 7th Mar 2015

The staff was regularly away from the desk which made us waiting for the door to open on many occassions. Also when we booked our transfer to the island we were told we are going to have fast boat which never happenned. The staff needs training about services they oranize for guests. Also they should provide transfer company name as we ended up being in Angra for an hour and noone there knew which company should be taking us. Other than that hostel was great.

We apologize for that... You were here during Carnaval season, the busiest time of the year for us, and we try to accommodate everybody... All the services are provided by third party companies. There is no fast boat to the island, there's only one speed... Which we think is fast enough... Our responsibility with the transfer service ends when they pick you up at the hostel. I cant understand how you were stranded in Angra, if they took you there. But we will verify what happened. Thanks!

Great Location and a cool Atmosphere, but very very poor breakfast.

This hostel is Awsome!The atmosphere was great during our stay people from all over the world all drinking

This hotel is amazing! The staff are so awesome and make your stay in Rio the best time of your life (especially Gabrielle - cheers bro!). Free caipirinhas every night!

Incredible!! Staff were amazing and went above and beyond to inform and take us to street parties for carnival, as well as organise tickets for sambadrome. free caipirinha's every night are a brilliant idea for getting to know other travellers. Location is fantastic for getting around and really safe. All in all I plan stay here again as I loved it and just a massive thank you to Bebeto the hostel owner!!!

Great hostel, great atmosphere and the receptionist Gabriel was fantastic, it was the start of carnival and there were so many people arriving but he was so friendly and went out of his way to help us. He made our stay better. Thank you

• 11th Feb 2015

cool vibe. good location. super social which was nice. could be cleaner. the beds were the worst ever. they're like plastic mats and are incredibly loud every time you move. probably a great place to make some friends though. super relaxed with bar in the lounge area.

Pros: Great location in Botafogo near metro. Nice and clean, good aircon. Nice breakfast. Staff are very helpful Cons: Not much of an outdoor area

Hostel had a great vibe about it everyday and every night, free caipirinhas, good nights out and good advice for the daytime trips, which can be a little bit expensive. The price can be a bit steep but we stayed there for almost two weeks because we enjoyed it so much

This was my first hostel experience and I was not disappointed. The staff were amazing. So helpful and took time to show us around and explain everything to us. The location wasn't amazing but it was central enough that it made it easy to go to all the parts of the city. The hostel was clean and although the beds squeezed like crazy whether anyone moved the room was comfortable and the hostel felt safe. My only complaint was that a 15 minute happy hour is too short!

Well, they give a true description of the hostel.:) It is mostly for young people that love fun and parties. But I, 39 year old woman, felt there comfortable. Positive: They offer breakfast that is not mentioned at all. It's simple but anyways it's much better than nothing. Kitchen facilities are fantastic.:) Atmosphere is also nice and staff is friendly. Negative: the bathroom could be cleaner.

A very nice place to stay, very nice people in a very good location.

• 13th Jan 2015

Has to improve a lot! there was a problem with A/C in one of the bedrooms and they didnt move us to other one. We had to sleep in the recepctionist room and we were not refund on anything even being reveillon that was really expensive. Poor breakfast finish very early.Located close to botafogo metro station, you dont do anything in botafogo so you have to get the metro all the time. There wasnt any water in bathrooms on the second floor was everything dirty and in the first floor was just drops.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels