LimeTime Hostels – Rio Reviews

Rua Dezenove de Fevereiro, 52, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Very good hostel and attended my expectations

Whilst i enjoyed the atmoshere, and the staff were good, 5 out of 7 days of our stay they had no water!!, we asked for a discount. But only got r$23 which was our remaining balance from our tab, we lost our deposit. So overall although i like the people and the place. Im not sure i would stay here again.

• 23rd Jun 2014

This is based on my experience staying in a private room, which included a bathroom. Having spent 300+ BRL/bed, my friend and I were hoping for a decent place to stay during our last night in Rio. The room didn't exceed any expectations - the beds weren't clean, and our bathroom light didn't work. We felt ripped off. On the bright side, we had a great time going to Lapa with some of the hostel's guests. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless the price dropped significantly.

My bed was filled with fleas so every morning I woke up covered in bites. I found a few of them under my pillow. Other people staying there had said the same. On several occasions we came back from a day out and there was someone else in our bed. This happened to a few different people in our room. Only 2 of the female showers were working but luckily it was the world cup so number of females was low. Rooms stank, too many people crammed in. Beds were very unsteady and in bad condition.

• 20th Jun 2014

The staff were excellent and very helpful! Would definitely recommend this place highly.

• 16th Jun 2014

I appreciated the helpfulness of the staff, but didn't feel like I was really part of a fun community during my stay. I'm not sure if the AC didn't work in my room or if it was simply not turned on, but that would probably be an issue in the summer months. I appreciated how clean you kept your hostel.

I would have rated the atmosphere a 5, since all the staff was great and made it easy to get people together, but when I had a flight at at 6am the next morning, it would have been nice to have the noise kept down in the lobby during the night!

Amazing staff Great social hostel Popping atmosphere

Badest breakfast in my entire life!

• 9th Jun 2014

Cool hostel. They really encourage human interaction and even turn off the internet from 8-9 to force people to talk to eachother instead of Facebook. It is a big party hostel and everyone goes out every night. It can be difficult to sleep when people start returning from the pubs and clubs. The kitchen is disgusting in the morning from the drunk people attempting to cook at 5 am. They should really consider closing the kitchen at midnight. Breakfast was pretty non-existent, but it was cheap!!

This place is a frat house. Fine if you want to drink and make noise until 5 every morning, but terrible if you want to sleep during your stay. Staying here is my one regret about Rio. El Misti Botafogo is two blocks away, and much, much better.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Very nice hostel! Great location, Botafogo is a very safe area which you can walk around late at night with no real worries. Very easy access to all of the city via metro which is 5 mins walk away. Hostel organised tour of the city is great value for money. Very sociable hostel, if you want to go out and party this is the place stay. All the staff is really helpful, up for having a drink you. Guy the barkeep/handy man is a top laugh and will give great tips on where to head out at night!

Limetime Rio was a great hostel. It was a little far from copacabana, but was,only two subway stops away. The staff was great, helpful, and fun. The atmosphere was fun. I would definitely go back!

the bathroom always was wet in the floor

The hostel was great, and the staff were really friendly. Location is perfect too. However, with regard to nightlife, they don't offer as much choices as the other hostels do.

A great hostel located in an awesome part of town to base yourself from. Really good staff, very helpful and great people! Thanks for the stay guys!

Friendly staff

This hostel has a great situation : 4 minutes walking to the metro station and in a cool and dynamic part of Rio. It's very safe and in a calm street. The staff is very helpful and nice as are the atmosphere and ambiance : everything is made so that people socialize: good music, nice common parts, free caipirinha. I wish I had stayed longer.

• 2nd May 2014

Nice hostel, very secure and safe. The staff are very helpful and the location is in the middle of everything so you can easily walk wherever you need to go. The breakfast is not very great (white bread, jam, butter) but the free caiparinas are a nice touch. I would recommend this hostel for the value and location!

1 2 Next » last »