LimeTime Hostels – Rio Reviews

Rua Dezenove de Fevereiro, 52, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The place was quite dirty and loud.

This hostel has pushed itself beyond its limits for the World Cup demand. The water was out before we went to bed and it went out again while I was in the middle of a shower! I went to a different bathroom and found the same problem (and a dude struggling w/ toothpaste all over his face). Also, the breakfast was the worst one that I've ever seen (cereal and no milk!). Don't stay here if you don't have to. Only plus is that the staff was friendly.

Overall, this hostel experience (my first) was acceptable. However, the focus on social over practical makes it a struggle to give it a higher rating. The lack of water over a number of days was not good, especially the morning after a night out. In addition, the bathroom was substandard and living quarters felt stuffy and damp. However, the social hours and interactions try and do well to make up for it. If you are not likely to spend a lot of time in the bath/bed rooms, this could be for you.

• 25th Jun 2014

Very good hostel and attended my expectations

Whilst i enjoyed the atmoshere, and the staff were good, 5 out of 7 days of our stay they had no water!!, we asked for a discount. But only got r$23 which was our remaining balance from our tab, we lost our deposit. So overall although i like the people and the place. Im not sure i would stay here again.

• 23rd Jun 2014

This is based on my experience staying in a private room, which included a bathroom. Having spent 300+ BRL/bed, my friend and I were hoping for a decent place to stay during our last night in Rio. The room didn't exceed any expectations - the beds weren't clean, and our bathroom light didn't work. We felt ripped off. On the bright side, we had a great time going to Lapa with some of the hostel's guests. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless the price dropped significantly.

My bed was filled with fleas so every morning I woke up covered in bites. I found a few of them under my pillow. Other people staying there had said the same. On several occasions we came back from a day out and there was someone else in our bed. This happened to a few different people in our room. Only 2 of the female showers were working but luckily it was the world cup so number of females was low. Rooms stank, too many people crammed in. Beds were very unsteady and in bad condition.

• 20th Jun 2014