LimeTime Hostels – Rio Reviews

Rua Dezenove de Fevereiro, 52, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel was great, and the staff were really friendly. Location is perfect too. However, with regard to nightlife, they don't offer as much choices as the other hostels do.

A great hostel located in an awesome part of town to base yourself from. Really good staff, very helpful and great people! Thanks for the stay guys!

Friendly staff

This hostel has a great situation : 4 minutes walking to the metro station and in a cool and dynamic part of Rio. It's very safe and in a calm street. The staff is very helpful and nice as are the atmosphere and ambiance : everything is made so that people socialize: good music, nice common parts, free caipirinha. I wish I had stayed longer.

• 2nd May 2014

Nice hostel, very secure and safe. The staff are very helpful and the location is in the middle of everything so you can easily walk wherever you need to go. The breakfast is not very great (white bread, jam, butter) but the free caiparinas are a nice touch. I would recommend this hostel for the value and location!

Great location, staff are really friendly and nothing is too much :)

It's a sociable hostel where there are always people who are keen to go out

Issues directed at owner, not so much staff. I stayed in a 4b dorm during April for a week Did not have 1 hot shower the entire stay Lockers in rooms broken Communal areas almost constantly absolutely filthy, hold your breath if you sit on the couch (Foul) Kitchen almost constantly filthy, fairly well equipped otherwise Bathrooms filthy, toilet paper overflowing from the bins Hostel lost water completely for 12+hrs TBC (character limit) check trip advisor for more

I had a wonderful stay at Lime Time in Rio. The staff couldn't be better and the location is excellent. I was very happy with this hostel all the way around.

• 8th Apr 2014

Strongly recommended. Miss the staff from brazil, new york and sweden and the bartender girl. They all speak good english and very nice. Enjoy your free caipirinha and clubbing night with them. Perfect location, 5 mins to metro, 3 mins to 2 bus stations, 2 mins to supermarket. Fully equipped kitchen. Breakfast are quite ok. Have personal reading light, socket and locker. Only thing is not perfect is the bed, a bit noisy as it was made by wood, but it is not a problem at all.

A limpeza deixa a desejar. O café da manhã é péssimo. Não opção nenhuma.

Good location with friendly staff. No secure luggage storage and the kitchen a bit messy but we only stayed for 1 night and enjoyed it here.

Stood only one night, clean rooms, nice people and pretty cheap.

• 7th Mar 2014

Great atmosphere and great people. Relaxing common room with a full kitchen and easy access to tours and parties. Book here!

• 28th Feb 2014

My friend and I were staying in this hostel for carnival. We were sharing the room with 6 people more and the there were some days in which the bathroom was not very clean. The breakfast is not good at all, actually we were having breakfast outside most of the times. Every time you need the air-con you needed to go to the reception and ask for it. Sometimes we were really roasting inside the room and they sometimes were switching it off with no reason.

Carnaval is a very busy period, with TONS of party people, and it is hard to keep everything super tidy and clean as normally... But, hey, it's Carnaval in Rio... Should worry more about where's the next bloco, no? :) AC is turned on at night for sleeping, and we can't keep it on the whole day. People are expected to go explore the city and party during Carnaval, not to be roasting in the room. Fact: Our breakfast is not that good. Does the job thou!

Love this place and all the staff. In a nice area of Rio, easy to get to everywhere. Rooms and communal areas are clean and there is a really friendly and sociable atmosphere. Am staying here two more times when transitting through Rio, would highly recommend!

fun place to stay. mario kart is def an added bonus. great location. staff is excellent.

Very friendly staff, good access to Metro and every direction. Near Botafogo Beach. Clean rooms + air conditioned.

The worst hostel I have ever stayed in. When I arrived I did the check in and payed the full amount of my stay. Afterwards I discovered there was no water in the hostel (not one single drop). The knew but the just didn't or so called "forgot" to tell me. They had a problem with the street and some works there. I was furious after a 25 hours bus drive, all sweaty and tired and not able to take a shower. When I showed that I was furious the just laughed it away. DON'T STAY THERE WORST

That day we decided we need to save some water to make more profit $$$. So we turned the water off... Just on purpose... Now, seriously. Rio has a lot of infra-structure problems and water shortage is one of them. Add that the heat and the amount and duration of showers people take, and water is not enough. We are very sorry that happened, but it was out of our control. We did hire a Water tank truck to fill up our water tank and try to solve the problem. We did what we could!

1 2 Next » last »