LimeTime Hostels - V. Madalena Reviews

Rua Mourato Coelho 973 - Vila Madalena - Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Amazing staff, so much fun. Great atmosphere especially later in the week when they open the bar to public

This hostel is situated in Vila Madalena which is the nicest area in São Paulo in my opinion! Close to bars, restaurants and coffee shops, the area is hip and chic. The atmosphere at the hostel is great! Free caprihinas at set times and an hour ban on wifi gets everyone interacting and talking to each other and I really enjoyed getting to know everyone staying there. The staff are helpful and friendly and speak good English, so this is definitely somewhere worth staying for a few nights!

The hostel is about a 15min walk from the closest subway station. The kitchen was rather dirty, seemed that it was not cleaned daily. Free caipi night on Tuesday was fun. other than that it was pretty quiet at the hostel itself but the hostel is located in the bar and party area.

Thanks for your comments. We try our best to keep our facilities always clean. Our cleaner comes every day, and after she leaves we try our best to keep track since so many people use the kitchen and we count on them to keep it organized. We’ll try to manage this better!

Had a great stay. Would go back for sure

The staff are fun and friendly, I love staying there! My only crticism is that the sheets were old and smelly, left over from a previous hostal that was there.

Villa Madalena was described to me as the 'Soho' of São Paulo and it's spot on. So many lovely bars and restaurants less than a 5min walk. Hostel has a massive kitchen and offers free caipirinha every night which makes it so easy to meet people in the hostel. 2nd time in SP and I'd stay here again. Bebeto is a wealth of knowledge and the best hostel owner I've ever met!! Loved it here and see you soon :)

good party hostel,

Fine stay. Beds and bathroom are good. Good location. Staff generally chilled. Upset however not to receive free caipirinha..I was slightly late but would have been a nice gesture of the hostel to still provide one since the bar was hardly busy!

We’re happy that in general you had a good time here. Our main goal with the free caipi is to bring everyone together and make sure you can meet other guests so, we try to make it punctual and start the fun on time :) But, our bartenders are easy to convince, a bit of love is more than enough to get caipirinhas from them. We are sorry if that was your reason for you to give us this low score (despite you liked everything else) but we hope to see you again and we can drink many caipis together

Ok hostel. Good vibes on the weekend! Worst bed I've slept in on my whole travels so far, have had a sore back for at least a week after. Kitchen is quite disgraceful, I don't think anyone cleans it, bad implements and cooking equipment.

Staff except for the argentinian guy and barman were not very friendly or helpful. Nights out were suggested rather than arranged, staff didnt try to make stuff happen and bring people together.

Thanks for your comment. It is awkward for us to read such an unusual comment as yours since we are always at our guest disposal for questions and doubts. We are also well known for parting with guests, probably in that particular day for some reason you caught us in a bad day... If some day you have the chance to come back we could all party together and show what a friendly and joyful staff we have. Sorry about that...

Great location. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Nightlife wasn´t that great but the free caipirihnas and rooftop terrace were cool for a chilled out evening.

Very good location in he heart of bohemian district of Vila Madalena in São Paulo, however as a hostel don't expect much, there is no breakfast and cleanliness is poor.

Thanks for your comments. That help us improve and make the hostel better! Sao Paulo has so many options for amazing meals that we recomend you to explore it. Also there’s no such thing as free breakfast. If we offered it, our price would raise considerably. So we prefer to keep a nice price and add Free caipirinhas at night to make sure you have the best price combined with great fun. Our cleaning staff tries to do their best everyday day but we will certainly take another look.

staff was very helpful, the nightlife was amazing, basically if you stayed downstairs it was ok, but the bedrooms were really small, even for a hostel and the shower light was not working.