LimeTime Hostels - V. Madalena Reviews

Rua Mourato Coelho 973 - Vila Madalena - Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I've been to Sao Paulo a few times, and stayed at other hostels, but this was the best so far. The location is great, Vila Madalena is truly a cool spot to stay... The hostel have their own bar, not just like any other, but a real bar, where the locals hang out together with the guests. big party there before going out at night, and the prices are a lot cheaper than the other bars in the area. I thought it was easy to get around the city too... Will def come back...

• 21st Aug 2014

Location: On a tranquil corner, but I wish I had stayed closer to a metro station. Security: Gate to hostel is locked and only opened by staff member, on 24-hr watch. No locks to rooms but there are big lockers under beds. Rooms: Beds are really shaky; bathrooms needed to be cleaned more often.

Sorry you thought cleaning was not good, we should work better on this. Rooms are ALWAYS locked, simply by closing the door. You need (and you had) a key to open the room every time. We care a lot for security.

Great hostel in the best location! Heaps of great bars and restaurants around, make sure you try the vegetarian thali place next door. Staff are super friendly and helpful - they make the hostel amazing!

Stayed here a few weeks ago. Loved it and São Paulo so came back after World Cup, didn't disappoint! The only downside was the bins in the room didn't get emptied whilst we were there and were overflowing!!

Love it! Perfect if you like to party

• 4th Jul 2014

The street is very busy, so it is rather loud all through the night. I would recommend staying here; however, you might want to bring earplugs.

• 27th Jun 2014

We are on the main party street of the city, as advertised. It is a party with hostel, with a bar under the rooms. The only in town! So come here to have fun. The bar is open to the public almost every day, with different attractions each night, from Stand Up comedy to live bands or DJs.

We were not happy to stay here, we choose this hostel because they pretend to be one of the cheapest (35 real per person per night) but when we already booked and got the confirmation it seems we payed the 3 double!!!!!! For us, the hostal doesn't have anything to go to, it was very dirty, loud all the time (with terrible music in the bar). If you are 18, and you only want to get drunk the whole day and do notthing more then that, then you can like it. I can defenitely not reccomend it!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Lime Time hostels was the worst experience of price gouging i have ever had.Admittedly this was world cup, even so the inflated price were beyond the pale.The cost was inflated to well beyond neighboring hostels and indicated a greedy "rip off the gringo approach"" The chase for money has led to a soulless miserable place...I went to a hostel nearby that was far cheaper , yet had far better facilities, courtesy, cleanliness, a and soul.Do yourself a favour and avoid this "get rick quick " hostel

We stayed here whilst England were playing in São Paulo. The hostel was brilliant, not somewhere to stay if you're wanting lots of sleep! The street outside hosts a street party every weekend, although whilst the World Cup is on it's every night!! :D We loved it! We're thinking of visiting SP after the World Cup and would definitely come back here if we can get in!

I was going there for the world cup so I paid extremely expensive price, though I thought the service and hostel was good but it was the worst I was in. The toilet were dirty, the shower never had hot water, the staff in the hostel even get drunk and come inside my room to make noise at 5 AM in the morning!!

The stuff has been very nice and helpful all of them. But the rooms are totaly not clean and beads are very much used and the toiliet and shower as well. The good thing is the location, If you wanna stay in the area - otherwise Its quite a walk to the next Metro Station!

LimeTime Vila has the best party hostel atmosphere in Sao Paulo! I had such a great time during my stay that it was sad to leave! :)

Lovely helpful staff, thanks for tips and directions!

The place was quite dirty, the mattress were old and dirty, as were the beds. The rooms were very hot so you need to let the windows open, but it was very loud outside because there is a bar with live music downstairs. In my opinion, this has to be either a club or either a hostel, . The staff was nice and they did their best, but I will never recommend this place.

• 19th Sep 2013
  • Spain

The room was not so looked like the pictures of the site. The mattress was not good too.

• 6th Sep 2013

Value for money and staff were excellent, especially Leo! He the man! Everyone is very friendly and helpful and in a good location, would recommend.

Awesome hostel. The best in Sao Paulo. The staff is amazing, really helpful.

• 28th Mar 2013

Great staff, but it was not as fun as it looked like. And I didn't like the room. It's fusty, the only window opened take out the privacy because it's turned to the principal corridor, where everybody pass all the time. It is not not really clean, the bathroom was smelling too bad, specially the shower place. And the locks are in the floor and it's not practical at all to put our bags. But it's really close to the bars and restaurants of Vila Madalena.

Dear Jaqueline, thank you for your feedback. We are remodeling the showers, changing the floor to make it better. Some of our beds have lockers below them, some have them on the side, appropriate for larger luggage. We also offer extra storage at no extra cost. Keep traveling, The Casa Club Hostel Bar team

The Casa Club Hostel was a good place to stay (especially at the weekend) - good place to meet other travellers, and the location is great (near so many bars and restaurants). The staff were also brilliant - really friendly and helpful, with loads of little tips and information.

The Casa Club Hostel Bar was a fantastic experience. The hostel is conveniently located and is in a very safe neighbourhood. The staff was excellent in service, assistance, and professionalism - to add to all of it, they were a happy group of people and a ton of fun! The cleanliness is perhaps the best I have seen when compared to most hostels in North America and in Europe. So in short, a fantastic experience and thank you Casa Club!

• 21st Feb 2013