LimeTime Hostels - V. Madalena Reviews

Rua Mourato Coelho 973 - Vila Madalena - Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Had a great stay. Would go back for sure

The staff are fun and friendly, I love staying there! My only crticism is that the sheets were old and smelly, left over from a previous hostal that was there.

Villa Madalena was described to me as the 'Soho' of São Paulo and it's spot on. So many lovely bars and restaurants less than a 5min walk. Hostel has a massive kitchen and offers free caipirinha every night which makes it so easy to meet people in the hostel. 2nd time in SP and I'd stay here again. Bebeto is a wealth of knowledge and the best hostel owner I've ever met!! Loved it here and see you soon :)

good party hostel,

Fine stay. Beds and bathroom are good. Good location. Staff generally chilled. Upset however not to receive free caipirinha..I was slightly late but would have been a nice gesture of the hostel to still provide one since the bar was hardly busy!

We’re happy that in general you had a good time here. Our main goal with the free caipi is to bring everyone together and make sure you can meet other guests so, we try to make it punctual and start the fun on time :) But, our bartenders are easy to convince, a bit of love is more than enough to get caipirinhas from them. We are sorry if that was your reason for you to give us this low score (despite you liked everything else) but we hope to see you again and we can drink many caipis together

Ok hostel. Good vibes on the weekend! Worst bed I've slept in on my whole travels so far, have had a sore back for at least a week after. Kitchen is quite disgraceful, I don't think anyone cleans it, bad implements and cooking equipment.

Staff except for the argentinian guy and barman were not very friendly or helpful. Nights out were suggested rather than arranged, staff didnt try to make stuff happen and bring people together.

Great location. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Nightlife wasn´t that great but the free caipirihnas and rooftop terrace were cool for a chilled out evening.

Very good location in he heart of bohemian district of Vila Madalena in São Paulo, however as a hostel don't expect much, there is no breakfast and cleanliness is poor.

Thanks for your comments. That help us improve and make the hostel better! Sao Paulo has so many options for amazing meals that we recomend you to explore it. Also there’s no such thing as free breakfast. If we offered it, our price would raise considerably. So we prefer to keep a nice price and add Free caipirinhas at night to make sure you have the best price combined with great fun. Our cleaning staff tries to do their best everyday day but we will certainly take another look.

staff was very helpful, the nightlife was amazing, basically if you stayed downstairs it was ok, but the bedrooms were really small, even for a hostel and the shower light was not working.

Staff didn't have very good knowledge of things, for example, how and where to get the bus to Paraty which I figured was quite a big tourist destination. Providing breaky wouldn't go astray either. Apart from that, clean, nice neighbourhood and would have a good vibe in peak season I'm sure.

Stayed here in november. Nice hostel, the bar opens to the public so gets busy easy to meet people. They have a comedy night as well which is good! food was good as well but iis only in the evenings.

Stay here if you want to have a great time in São Paulo and meet real Brazilians. What really makes this hostel stand out is the fact that the bar is open to the public. This means it's a great way to meet locals and not just the standard backpacker fare. The staff (Guy, Dani, et al.) are some of the friendliest I have met and they make a real effort to involve you in the party. If you want to go out they will also suggest cool places and try to sort out VIP lists, etc. Love you guys! x

Overall, this is a really wonderful hostel in a great location with an absolutely wonderful staff. The hostel is close to everything that you need, whether you feel like exploring V. Madalena itself or branching out and taking the metro to other areas (really close walk - max 20 min if you're a slow walker). The area is safe, the free drinks are awesome and it would be hard to complain about the cleanliness in comparison to other hostels. Carina is a sweetheart as well as the other staff!

I liked almost everything about the hostel, the location was great. It is amazing getting a free caipirinha every night, however, the american bartender was very unfriendly and his drinks were okay... The other nights he wasn't there were the best.. I really like the spanish receptionist, love her.. The white brazilian girl working there, love her.. Carina is super amazing and just good vibes from her, loved her.. The brazilian guys sort of kept to themselves. Honestly I highly recomend staying

Friendly people and very good location. Small rooms and bathroom was old and therefore not very clean. Atmosphere was a little less as the common room was also a public bar so you didn't really know who was staying at the hostel and who wasn't and you didn't have a chill space during the evening.

I stayed on a Tuesday and Wednesday night (probably the quietest of the week) but Bebeto, the owner, and his staff still put in a big effort to make it a good night! Would recommend.

Had a lot of fun here. The comedy night was great and every night they organize something at the bar. Locals hang out here but access to the rooms are limited to guests so it's very safe. Prices for food and drinks are the best in the area and so Is the hostel prices.

• 21st Aug 2014

I've been to Sao Paulo a few times, and stayed at other hostels, but this was the best so far. The location is great, Vila Madalena is truly a cool spot to stay... The hostel have their own bar, not just like any other, but a real bar, where the locals hang out together with the guests. big party there before going out at night, and the prices are a lot cheaper than the other bars in the area. I thought it was easy to get around the city too... Will def come back...

• 21st Aug 2014

Location: On a tranquil corner, but I wish I had stayed closer to a metro station. Security: Gate to hostel is locked and only opened by staff member, on 24-hr watch. No locks to rooms but there are big lockers under beds. Rooms: Beds are really shaky; bathrooms needed to be cleaned more often.

Sorry you thought cleaning was not good, we should work better on this. Rooms are ALWAYS locked, simply by closing the door. You need (and you had) a key to open the room every time. We care a lot for security.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7