Lion Hostel Reviews

Bravadziluk 30, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

muy piola la chica que atiende te arregla todo

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Argentina

A bit tricky to get to by taxi from the airport, because it's on a pedestrian-only street, but you should be okay as long as you print a map and, if necessary, ask some people.

Lion Hostel was a great choice for a place to stay in Sarajevo; the staff were incredibly nice and helpful, and the place itself is charming and comfortable. I also stayed at a much more expensive hotel for some of my time in Sarajevo, and having done so, I wish I'd stayed at Lion the whole time -- it was much cheaper, and much cleaner and had better facilities even.

• 1st Sep 2013

There is a pub right outside the hostel. It makes noise when you want to sleep. We got to change our room, that was good. The staff is really nice! The location is perfect! The water runs out every night from midnight to 5 in the morning.

The hostel was good, but it suffers from being located directly above a busy cafe/bar and there was a lot of noise late at night. I know that the staff probably can't do much about it, but perhaps letting guests know that certain rooms will be pretty loud would be a good idea.

• 24th Jun 2013

Situated in a nice old building, very good location, right in the heart of the old city. The owners' family is very helpful in guiding you and giving all help. It was a nice comfortable stay.

Great way of handling things. I would stay here again, the location is perfect!

• 5th Jul 2012
  • Finland

excellent value for money, helpful staff (speaks even french), fine location in the old ottoman town, good communication by tram to modern Sarajevo, spacious clean rooms etc

Very nice place in the heart of old town, steps away from Vijecnica. The rooms are very nice, bathrooms are clean and staff is friendly.

Best Hostel I've ever stayed in. When I asked for information about Sarajevo they gave me in depth information, arranged reservations for me, and even took me on a spontaneous walking tour of the Turkish quarter, making Sarajevo the most interesting city in my visit to this part of the world. Highly recommended.

Had a great time in pansion lion, very welcoming and nice place to stay, I which I stayed longer !

• 8th Aug 2011

Very good hostel in Sarajevo, the girls at the reception desk are SO nice and helpful and the place has a lot of charm. Just in the middle of the old town but very quiet at night. The (very silent) AC in the dorms in a huge plus if you to Sarajevo in the summertime.

A very friendly staff is the first thing that comes into mind, helped us with everything we needed. Very clean, the family that runs it probably always cleaning ;) LOVED the city as well and the location of the hostel is perfect in regards of touristic sites. Hope to visit again, Best wishes from Iceland!

• 10th Jul 2011
  • Iceland

The guesthouse was very well presented and had a "homely" feel to it. The shared showers and toilet faciilities were very nice and clean such that I would not consider en suite necessary. Despite being right in the old city, it was quiet after 23:30. The staff were very welcoming and helpful with advice and did laundry quickly and cheaply. They also speak good English and the manager was even kind enough to buy us drinks when we by chance met at a local restaurant! Highly recommended!

Excellent staff and a nice clean room made our stay in Sarajevo quite wonderful. Maya was very friendly and helped us with a restaurant reservation which was much appreciated. Would definitely return if I ever go back to Sarajevo!

• 1st Jul 2011
  • Sweden

great location. clean rooms. only one problem is our room's windows sealed. but since we booked there for only one night, it wasn't a big problem for us.

Awesome hostel would recommend to anyone and the family who run the hostel speak perfect english and are extremely helpful. In great location

I've visited Lion hostel recently and I don't have any negative comment about it. Hostel staff really cares to have as cosy stay there as it is actually possible. The location of the hostel is perfect, a minute walk from baščaršija. The interieur is also modern, and if you are going there by car, don't worry about the parking lot, the staff is there for you. greetings from Slovenia

• 28th Apr 2011
  • Slovenia

Wonderful hostel with great location at the Baščaršija and super clean rooms with soul, exactly like you imagine them from the pictures. They also give you your own slippers. The bathrooms are cosy. The staff is very helpful and kind. I would definately recommend for young and not so young travellers.

• 16th Apr 2011
  • Andorra

The sisters working at the reception speak excellent English and the staff are always willing to go the extra mile to help. Very clean rooms and one is made to feel very welcome when he arrives.

« first « Prev 1 2 3