Lisboa Central Hostel Reviews

Rua Rodrigues Sampaio 160, Lisbon, Portugal

I was absolutely amazed to discover that the warden remembered me from a few-night stay six years previously, to the point of recalling which room I stayed in! The showers are better than in most hotels I stay in, let alone hostels. A great place to stay: I'll be back!

• 21st May 2015

Great hostel, easy to find, near metro stations, with friendly staff, clean facilities and lots of optional activities, such as pub crawls and cultural tours.

• 16th May 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great hostel! The staff is very friendly. The rooms are spacious and there are a lot of spaces to hang out which makes it easy to meet new people. Also a nice kitchen.

The staff was amazing. I only stayed for two days and one night but had a blast. The free walking tour and pub crawl were awesome bonuses that I really enjoyed.

• 14th May 2015

I've been to a couple of different hostels, but this one is the friendliest and the most comfortable. The staff and the place is just so welcoming; it feels like home almost. MUCH better than the bigger, "fancier" hostels with lots of people. This one is the right size with a great atmosphere! Strongly recommend!!!

• 12th May 2015

The staff was truly helpful. They were wonderful and I felt very comfortable staying at the hostel. It was a pleasure to stay here and I would recommend it to anyone.

• 9th May 2015

Good hostel with comfortable rooms and friendly staff. The access from the airport is easy with the subway. It is possible to easily reach the city center with the subway or by walking on the main street ("av. da Liberdade"). The negative points could be a poor sound insulation (but the area is quiet, just earing the doors banging) and some problems with warm water on the first floor (not on the ground floor).

Hi, Thanks for your reservation and your comment. Regarding the warm water it was just a very punctual siutation that occured during a few hours that. cheers, LCH Staff.

I stayed at Lisboa Central Hostel for a week and during my stay the staff became like family to me. The hostel is very clean and the staff was extremely helpful and welcoming. Staying at this hostel made my stay in Portugal and I can't wait to go back!

• 28th Apr 2015

I have been traveling for the past 4 months and this was the best Hostel I have stayed at by far! It was just like home, as soon as you walk in the door they welcome you with open arms. The rooms were adorable and the best part about it was that they had outlets that fit ever plug type (UK, Ireland, American). My favorite part about my stay this hostel was each night I looked forward to a small meal. The mother who was the owner of the hostel made, soup and a different dish every night!

• 25th Apr 2015

This hostel is beyond welcoming! I highly recommend this hostel and all the staff was wonderful. Especially the owner! It is close to the metro, has nice showers, and food is sometimes made for guests. Thank you for a wonderful time! :)

• 25th Apr 2015

AMAZING hostel. Incredible staff, they make you feel right at home, and they are always willing to help. Beds are very comfortable, and rooms are clean. Great location in the city; extremely easy to navigate the city.

• 25th Apr 2015

HIGHLY recommend staying here! The staff is so friendly and make you feel extremely welcome. They all went above and beyond to accomadte my friends and I throughout our entire stay. They are extremely knowledgable about Lisbon and offer excellent travel advice. In an excellent area and is not expensive at all! STAY HERE!!

The staff make this place incredible. Each and every one of them make you feel so welcome and they are super knowledgeable about Lisbon.

• 17th Apr 2015

The hostel was run very well. They were extremely friendly when I first arrived which made me feel welcome! We were shown around the hostel and told about all the facilities which was great. Also when I left the first day to explore Lisboa, we were given maps and suggestions of cool places to go and things to see. This was appreciated!

I had a wonderful stay at Lisboa Central Hostel. The staff was extremely welcoming, the breakfast was good (pancakes with fruit in them-so yummy), everything was very clean, and it was a great place to stay as a solo traveler because of the community feel. I would definitely recommend it!

Fantastic hostel, I will recommend to everyone. Great location, cozy and super clean, very friendly and helpful staff, family atmosphere. The rooms are nice and hot, the bathrooms were always clean. But the best was the breakfast, there was a wide variety of things to eat and drink, and they even made us pancakes :) I will return for sure! Thanks for the good experience, Tânia e Joana.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Lisboa Central made my entire experience--literally. They sat with me and helped me plan and put together an entire map of routes and attractions to visit. The entire staff remembered my name, who I was, where I was from, and what I liked and made passing suggestions every time I saw them. It was so welcoming and the hostel was full of amazing people who came together for dinner and drinks in the kitchen every night. I met some amazing people here and I miss the staff dearly. I must return.

• 9th Apr 2015

Everyone was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and the place was great. Thanks a lot!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Really good hostel. New, clean and organized. Good bathrooms and a really great, friendly and helpful staff. It is +- 10 minutes walk from Baixa, the main touristic area with restaurants, bars and etc.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! SUPER friendly staff, make you feel welcome from the first moment & will help you where possible. Another remarkable fact was the cleanliness. Every day the bath rooms and common rooms got cleaned. I've had a great time in Lisbon, partly thanks to the Lisboa Central Hostel!

• 28th Mar 2015