Lisboa Central Hostel Reviews

Rua Rodrigues Sampaio 160, Lisbon, Portugal

I had a wonderful stay at Lisboa Central Hostel. The staff was extremely welcoming, the breakfast was good (pancakes with fruit in them-so yummy), everything was very clean, and it was a great place to stay as a solo traveler because of the community feel. I would definitely recommend it!

Fantastic hostel, I will recommend to everyone. Great location, cozy and super clean, very friendly and helpful staff, family atmosphere. The rooms are nice and hot, the bathrooms were always clean. But the best was the breakfast, there was a wide variety of things to eat and drink, and they even made us pancakes :) I will return for sure! Thanks for the good experience, Tânia e Joana.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Lisboa Central made my entire experience--literally. They sat with me and helped me plan and put together an entire map of routes and attractions to visit. The entire staff remembered my name, who I was, where I was from, and what I liked and made passing suggestions every time I saw them. It was so welcoming and the hostel was full of amazing people who came together for dinner and drinks in the kitchen every night. I met some amazing people here and I miss the staff dearly. I must return.

• 9th Apr 2015

Everyone was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and the place was great. Thanks a lot!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Really good hostel. New, clean and organized. Good bathrooms and a really great, friendly and helpful staff. It is +- 10 minutes walk from Baixa, the main touristic area with restaurants, bars and etc.

• 31st Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! SUPER friendly staff, make you feel welcome from the first moment & will help you where possible. Another remarkable fact was the cleanliness. Every day the bath rooms and common rooms got cleaned. I've had a great time in Lisbon, partly thanks to the Lisboa Central Hostel!

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Location is OK, and the facilities are sufficient. But the showers are old, and theres NO SPACE at all to put your things when you go to take a shower. The room where I slept (superior mixed dormitory) and the bed was good. At check-out, the staff of the hostel deliberately asked me to put a very good comment and a very high grade for their hostel « can you please put the best grade ? » which I consider as very unprofessionnal. Dear staff, CLIENTS are deciding about this, NOT YOU.

I strongly recommend this hostel to everyone! it's very central, nice, bright, clean, and all the staff are very friendly and available to give good advices about the best to do see and to do in lisbon! Also the breakfast is very good especially the pancakes :), and anyway they served almost everyday some delicious soup homemade, pies,cakes, or drinks ....it varies but you can easily find good surprises!!! I had a fantastic time in lisbon even thanks to this hostel! I wish i could come back :)

• 24th Mar 2015

Our large four bed room had lovely wood floors and high ceilings. Everything was clean, Andre had the most informative check-in process ever and was always there with answers to any question, and the pancakes in the morning were delicious!!

The staff was amazing! They couldn't have been any more friendly or helpful. The hostel was super clean and had a great atmosphere. We were able to meet a lot of other friendly visitors. By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at and I wish I could've stayed longer. I highly recommend it to everyone!

• 20th Mar 2015

staff was great! I enjoyed free ginginha! hahaha and they have USB charger in every bed!

I definitely would recommend to stay at this hostel if your goig to make a trip to Lisboa! Actually it didn't felt like staying in a hostal more like staying in four stars hotel!!! They welcome you with showing you around in the whole building and they give you already some informations about the city and recomandations what to do! The rooms and the bathrooms are very clean and you get the best pancakes in the world at morning and in the afternoon you get a homemade soup from the hostels mom!!!

• 17th Mar 2015

Awesome hostel, with an even better staff. Barbara, Andre, and the rest of the staff were very friendly and quite keen to make sure our visit to Lisbon was enjoyable and enriching and that our stay was relaxing. Pancakes, milkshakes, and smiles go a long way in winning over the hearts of tired tourists- and yours certainly won mine and my friends'. Thank you, Lisboa Central! I will most definitely be staying here if I am in Lisbon again and will recommend it to my friends who go.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I have spent 6 days in this hostel and it was an excellent choice. The staff is super helpful and kind; they will always give you good advices. You will notice that at the check in. The breakfast it is very good and you will also get home made pancakes! The hostel has a good location too; it is really close to the historical center and to the bairro alto, the place where you will find the best night life. Plus the hostel is really clean and has good common areas where you can have conversation a

• 11th Mar 2015

this is one of the best hostels ive been to around the world. The staff are super friendly, knowledgeable and willimg to help with anything you need. its right next to the umderground rail and also the centre of town. facilities are clean and neat and the breakfast pancakes are awesome. They even cook dinner for everyone quite often. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Mar 2015

I liked Hostel so much. If you like walking, It is located just 10 minutes walking distance. You can walk down to City Center...

If anybody is bad-mouthing this place they are lying. Wonderful staff and owner, clean, safe and on a great location. Staff is really welcoming and friendly and they are more than happy to help you out with whatever you need. I will miss the pancakes and the soup. Will definitely return here when I come back to Lisbon.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Finland

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in: terrific staff, super clean facilities, great food, atmosphere and location. I emphatically reccomend it!

• 1st Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The best hostel I've ever stayed, good and comfortable rooms. Perfect location, helpful staff that make me fill like at home.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Slovenia

I loved the hostel!! Staff is so welcoming, and makes you feel at home, They serve homemade pancakes in the free breakfast, and they are so good! In some evenings, you may have free soup for dinner, made by the owner itself. I coudn't recommend it enough to anyone going to Lisbon.

• 27th Feb 2015