Lisboa Central Hostel Reviews

Rua Rodrigues Sampaio 160, Lisbon, Portugal

Very nice hostel, super friendly staff very welcoming and helpful. Lisbon is a great city to walk and wander about and the hostel's location for me was ideal for this. The building was stunning and located on a quite street.

Very friendly staff. Great pancakes for breakfast. Sometimes we were given free food for dinner

Very friendly and helpful staff. We would have preferred separate toilets/baths for men/women.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great relaxed hostel with amazing pancakes for breakfast. good location near metro and not too far to walk into parks and town. Very friendly staff. Loved my 5 nights here

I loved the hostel so much that I was sorry to have to leave the place! I loved the room, the kitchen and your hospitality! Best hostel ever!!

• 10th Jul 2014

Perfect location for visiting Lissabon

• 10th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent in all regards!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Luxembourg

Staff are super. Especially mumma maja who made the hostel feel like home xx

Great staff and a welcome environment. Free breakfast was great and room very nice and clean

• 8th Jul 2014

Dont look further. Just pick this one. Small and very cozy. Friendly staff and pancakes in the morning. You dont want to leave :)

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

I cannot express how brilliant this place was. It's more like a B&B than a hostel! Not only were we greeted with friendly faces assuring us they were here to help, they kept to their word and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We shared a private en suite room which was clean and were suprised to have our bedsheets changed daily. Breakfast was a lovely treat every day and the staff were beyond helpful with their knowledge of the area. Would 100% recommend to travelers!

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff were very welcoming and friendly. It felt like a family-run hostel. Upon arrival we were greeted with homemade Portuguese treats and were offered a meal one night for dinner, in order to taste real Portuguese dishes. The bathrooms were cleaned regularly and our towels were changed because we stayed for 3 days. The hostel was about a 20 min walk from downtown, although it was a very simple, straight walk.

An all around great hostel! It has a great communal feeling and the people are really great. The only hostel I have stayed at where they have made me food for free!! I definitely recommend it.

• 4th Jul 2014

It's a smaller hostel, but it's really cute, and the staff made us feel like their family. Good location, although it's a walk from the city center. I would highly recommend it.

It's a very clean and organised hostel so if that's what you're looking for, it's definitely a good choice(though I don't find the location that good). The staff are really nice and helpful, however the hostel is not really cosy or homelike and I was almost afraid of touching anything because it was so clean and tidy. I would have loved a little bit more chilled hostel atmosphere but it's a nice place and people are friendly. The pancakes are good too.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Thank you for choosing LCH. Regarding your review we would like to apologise that it was too clean for you, usually people like clean places, and it definitely is an area that we do work hard on, we clean the hostel regularly and thoroughly. Also you said you didn’t find the location good and I think this is down to what you want. We are very centrally located, in walking distance of the main spots and near all public transport.

we stayed here for a week, and absolutely loved it! friendliest staff in the world, so many great facilities and everything was super clean. it's a bit of a walk to the city center but it's really not a big deal to walk through the lovely city. delicious pancakes every morning and the "mama" of the hostel would often cook delicious food at night. loved the fact that there were many communal areas, i spent some hungover days watching movies and chilling with the other guests. LOVED IT!

• 1st Jul 2014

The best place to stay in Lisbon. Central Location and close to the Metro station. The people at the reception are always smiling are extremely helpful. The breakfast and pancakes are awesome. The rooms are spacious, clean and extremely well maintained. Would go back if I go to Lisbon again. :)

Lisboa is a bit sketchy in places but this hostel is really nice. Definitely recommended

My stay wasn't long, but I thought the facilities were great. It's in a great location with very easy access to the Metro, not too far from the airport, and some good restaurants. The place is kept very clean by a nice staff. The staff is the stand out here. They're extremely friendly and informative. And they have excellent customer service. Definitely staying here for my return to Lisbon.

• 25th Jun 2014

Lisboa Central Hostel was one of the reasons why I like Portugal very much :) Staff is really helpful who gives you a lot of ideas and tips of where to go (esp if u hv no idea and expectation of how Lisbon is like when u arrive, just like me lol) The breakfast is also very nice! And they also have free printing service in case you need to print out anything.

• 25th Jun 2014