Lisboa Central Hostel Reviews

Rua Rodrigues Sampaio 160, Lisbon, Portugal

This place was awesome. It was a great location, and was very clean, quiet and secure. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the beds were comfortable. We stayed in the 6-person mixed dorm room, and the bunk beds were nice and sturdy, and there were lockers in the room for valuables. The free breakfast is good, and the kitchen is clean and well organized, making me want to actually use it. Awesome location for exploring Lisbon, and a great vibe!

Fantastic hostel. Felt like home, we spent 6 nights and were sad to leave. Breakfast was excellent. Everything was always clean. Perfect kitchen. All of the staff are generous and lovely. Definitely stay here!!

The hotel has perfect staff, excellent location and warm atmosphere.

I really appreciated how welcoming the hostel staff were. The little things they did for me everyday made my stay really nice. Little things like printing out directions to Sintra, practicing Portuguese with me, and cooking soup really made me feel at home.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They really go out of their way to make it feel like home. A wonderful breakfast is included every morning. The location is pretty good:15 min walk to center and barrio alto. The facilities are adequate: comfortable beds but rooms next to the kitchen are a little noisy, and there is limited changing space. But it's quite minor, overall good hostel.

Was an amazing stay! Staff friendly and welcoming with a great knowledge of Lisbon day and nightlife!! Very clean and Not noisy so can get a good sleep. Defo worth a stay and il be going back when I visit Lisbon again! Thanks to the guys there!

• 15th Nov 2013

Staff, Location and Security are perfect and also amazing pancake in breakfast.

I only stayed here for 3 nights but it was such a lovely place. As soon as I walked in the staff were so welcoming and were willing to tell me everything to do in Lisbon to make my stay the best I could. I also got free soup for dinner every night and the pancakes they make for breakfast in the morning are amazing!! I would definitely stay here again. Only problem was my lamp on my bed was broken and there were no power points near me to charge my electronics.

• 12th Nov 2013

I had a great time at this hostel. The only cons is that it is not situated in the center of the citi but you can walk. Apart from that everything was perfect is the cleanest hostel I've ever been and they have information in every wall so as you can enjoy Lisbon and the orroundings. The staff was ver helpful and they offer different free things everyday. I definitely recommend it

100% Good. Like home. No it's not!!! It's sooo much better!!! Momacita (Odete, who is also the owner) loves to cook and she does it so well, often surprising us unexpectedly. Great location. Great rates. Super clean, modern and spacious. Dependable, fast wi-fi and free computer use. Free daily activities going on. Wether its Richard, Thomas, Johana or Victor, help and knowledgable advice is always available. Having returned there I'm always favourably impressed. FromCANADA KEITH DECEMBER 2013

• 10th Nov 2013

The best hostel I've ever stayed! And I've stayed in over 15... Best staff, owners working there sometimes and they were really friendly! Full of social events with complimentary food and drinks sometimes! I was lucky enough to be there for San Martino... it was great! You feel at home, it's really clean, kitchen with ALL you need, so tidy and clean, great WiFi, lockers in the rooms and bedside lamps and power sources for each bed. Location: 2 blocks from metro station, 15 min walk from centre.

Very good

Probably the best hostel where I've stayed... really good stuff, breakfast is excellent with pancakes made at the moment. Nice rooms, clean, great. I recommend it to everyone. It's not in the touristic neighbourhoods but it's just 15 min walk from every tourist attraction and a block away from metro.

It's a simple, but great place! The staff is always smiling, asking you if you need anything, and call you by the name! It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Near everything: metro (subway), bus stops, landmarks. Really clean and safe. They give you tips about everything: where to go, where to eat, how to get there, average prices... it's really good! And cheap! I definitely recommend Lisboa Central Hostel! You won't regret!

What an amazing hostel. One of the best I have stayed in. Fantastically friendly and helpful staff. €1 beers and great Sangria. The location is perfectly positioned in the heart of Lisbon. If you are going to stay in a hostel in Lisbon, this is the one for you!

• 7th Nov 2013

Very friendly people, they had stuff that I hadn't thought about and they were not afraid to borrow it. Thematic nigts, lots of cooperation.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Romania

Great place, friendly staff, convenient location and good price - fantastic hostel!

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Poland

Really good standard, very friendly staff who organised night out on Saturday and advised well on any questions, definitely go back when next is lisbon

• 2nd Nov 2013

Incredibly generous and kind staff that went above and beyond every expectation I had. Also, GREAT breakfast.

• 31st Oct 2013

Absolutely loved my stay here, wish it was for longer! It was Halloween the day we left and one of the ladies that worked there (possibly the owner?) made Halloween treats for the hostel and was handing out sweets. It's the small details that matter :)

• 30th Oct 2013