Lisboa Central Hostel Reviews

Rua Rodrigues Sampaio 160, Lisbon, Portugal

I was treated to the most hospitable recpetion I have ever received!

Really nice hostel: well located (close to a central subway station and at a walking distance from downtown) in a safe neighborhood with supermarket and good places to eat, very clean, well decorated, friendly and helpful staff with very pretty girls. Nice atmosphere there (music and movies they play, mood they work with). Price seemed quite acceptable according to what is offered. Congratulations, keep going!

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Portugal

The lockers in the room were too noisy, and the position of the beds were not good because the lockers were right next to the pillows and they made too much noise. I'm not talking about myself, but there was a guest from Denmark and she was complaining about the noise.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This Hostel was really really great! The staff was very friendly and always helpfull and open for questions, doubts and everything. We've spend a lot of pleasant time in the common rooms and enjoyed the facilities in all the common areas. The location was awesome. If I had to suggest soething, it would be some more boards or hangers to store the clothes in the room. All in all it was a very pleasant stay. Thanks to everybody there!

Nice rooms and bed in a good location. Didn't care for the small showers and facilities. Only stayed one night.

Super nice staff, very clean, excellent atmosphere, I would absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Lisbon! Obrigada !

The best hostel I ever stayed. Not sure what is better, staff or hostel itself

• Croatia

Lovely staff, very friendly

• Serbia

I've never been in a hostel so perfectly cleaned! My great compliments. The staff is friendly and very helpful giving information and always smiling. The only thing that I would improve is the furniture in the room. Despite the space was enough, there was no closet and just two small chairs for 4 people so it was a bit uncomfortable to have luggage and bag on the floor. But it's definetly a great hostel that I recommend 100%.

• 11th Sep 2015

Staff was friendly. Other travelers were friendly. All in all good stay.

• 10th Sep 2015

Great place to stay in Lisbon, cheap and well located. Staff is absolutely great, Joao is the man while the beautiful Catarina and Bárbara are always amicable and ready to help. Pub crawl is a lot of fun, rooms are clean and the pancakes are very good. They helped a lot in making my stay in Lisbon memorable. Oh, and the beer is cheap.

One of the nicest places we've stayed! The staff was all super helpful, the wifi worked well, breakfast was actually good, the rooms were clean, they lent us towels for the beach, everything about it was nice. We would definitely stay here again.

Good clean hostel, seems to attract a fun crowd. Great kitchen. There were leftover pancakes from breakfast and snacks on the table all day which was the best part.

Hostel was amazingly clean, except for the foreign hair that I found on my shower towel. But seriously, that was the worst thing I could point out. Also, whilst the location was super close to the tube it was still a 20min walk downhill (or up hill back to the hostel) to get to the main square. Make super to do the walking tour with Arthur!!!!

Comfortable beds, great and friendly staff, very well organised, super clean, good toilets, great break fast. The location is also very good, just a walk distance from the downtow.

The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. This is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in and the location is great for exploring Lisbon. I would absolutely recommend staying here! The top bunks even have stairs going up to them, which was a huge thing for me! If you are someone who stays at hostels a lot the top bunk can be a total pain in the butt. But not at his one! Super clean too... Two thumbs up!

This hostel was amazing. The staff were really helpful at any time and ensured everyone going out knew how to get back, there was a lounge hostess who gave out free ice cream if you had to wait to speak to the receptionist. They have some form of activity on every night of the week, once even free food! This is a great hostel for single travellers as everyone convenes in the kitchen and the dorms are very sociable. Only down point would be the location but it's only 3 stops on the metro :)

amazing hostel, great welcoming folks. Great food and great social spaces. Very clean, very professional.

• 1st Sep 2015

My stayover was initially about convenience, but I truly felt associated with the spirit of people gathering and sharing of travelling experiences among staff and guests. I found the hostel very well located. Lisboa, is gaining by having such a hostel.

Fantastic customer service.... I stayed in a four bed dorm. It had security lock for each person. The bed and room was neat and tidy. Toilets were well maintained and cleaning was performed every day. Everyone who worked there were really friendly and helpful. I definitely miss the hostel and people. Hostel is closer to train station and so it is easier to commute. Cons: Bathroom shower area is small. Initially I felt difficulty but later i got used to it. (P.S. I'm quite tall (6'1) :) )