Lisboa Central Hostel Reviews

Rua Rodrigues Sampaio 160, Lisbon, Portugal

2006 Total Reviews

An all around great hostel! It has a great communal feeling and the people are really great. The only hostel I have stayed at where they have made me food for free!! I definitely recommend it.

• 4th Jul 2014

It's a smaller hostel, but it's really cute, and the staff made us feel like their family. Good location, although it's a walk from the city center. I would highly recommend it.

It's a very clean and organised hostel so if that's what you're looking for, it's definitely a good choice(though I don't find the location that good). The staff are really nice and helpful, however the hostel is not really cosy or homelike and I was almost afraid of touching anything because it was so clean and tidy. I would have loved a little bit more chilled hostel atmosphere but it's a nice place and people are friendly. The pancakes are good too.

Thank you for choosing LCH. Regarding your review we would like to apologise that it was too clean for you, usually people like clean places, and it definitely is an area that we do work hard on, we clean the hostel regularly and thoroughly. Also you said you didn’t find the location good and I think this is down to what you want. We are very centrally located, in walking distance of the main spots and near all public transport.

we stayed here for a week, and absolutely loved it! friendliest staff in the world, so many great facilities and everything was super clean. it's a bit of a walk to the city center but it's really not a big deal to walk through the lovely city. delicious pancakes every morning and the "mama" of the hostel would often cook delicious food at night. loved the fact that there were many communal areas, i spent some hungover days watching movies and chilling with the other guests. LOVED IT!

• 1st Jul 2014

The best place to stay in Lisbon. Central Location and close to the Metro station. The people at the reception are always smiling are extremely helpful. The breakfast and pancakes are awesome. The rooms are spacious, clean and extremely well maintained. Would go back if I go to Lisbon again. :)

Lisboa is a bit sketchy in places but this hostel is really nice. Definitely recommended

My stay wasn't long, but I thought the facilities were great. It's in a great location with very easy access to the Metro, not too far from the airport, and some good restaurants. The place is kept very clean by a nice staff. The staff is the stand out here. They're extremely friendly and informative. And they have excellent customer service. Definitely staying here for my return to Lisbon.

• 25th Jun 2014

Lisboa Central Hostel was one of the reasons why I like Portugal very much :) Staff is really helpful who gives you a lot of ideas and tips of where to go (esp if u hv no idea and expectation of how Lisbon is like when u arrive, just like me lol) The breakfast is also very nice! And they also have free printing service in case you need to print out anything.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful staff.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

One of my best hostel experiences:) It felt like a cozy home away from home but still provided plenty of opportunities to meet people. The staff was so sweet and helpful as well!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Best hostel I've been at in Europe so far. They set the bar high for all hostels and so far no one can compete. They were very helpful and friendly. Free pancakes every morning and soup every night. Can't beat the value for the price. I'll be back at the end of August

Such a nice, stylish, cheap hostel, and the friendliest and most helpful staff you can imagine. Everything was just perfect! The only thing is that you have to walk quite a bit to get to the "center" which can be annoying after some time.

it is a good hostel. the owner is really kind and nice. i fell down from the stairs in the hostel and they kindly sent me to a good hospital and stay with me in the hospital. i am really grateful for this. i felt they really take the guests as family and friends. They also pay for the medical expense(they told me it is 354.98 euro.)they tell us we did not have to pay the expense, they have insurance to cover. They are really really nice to me. They are very responsible and nice persons! Thanks!!

I would recommend anyone to try this excellent Hostel. The people are nice and friendly. (9/10)

A wonderful stay, the staff were massively helpful and extremely friendly. The facilities are excellent, kitchen, lockers, wifi etc. everything you could ask for, extremely good value for money. The location is great as you are literally 30 seconds walk away from the metro station and it's located on the main roundabout in Lisbon. Thank you guys, would stay again in a heartbeat. Obrigado, e os vere a proxima vez que eu vier a Lisboa :)

I LOVED IT SO MUCH! Was there last week with my friends for a couple of nights and it felt like home! We all felt like we didnt want to leave and while we where in the other place we kept thinking and talking about how great Lisboa Central Hostel were. It was so cosy and clean and close to everything! The Staff was just

I Had an amazing stay here, I felt so at home, it was so homely, everyone knew each other, and Odette, the owner was so nice and motherly, she made us all feel loved, and we felt well looked after, she made us soup, like any mother would do. It was a cosy stay, and very easy to make friends, it wasn't as fancy as yes hostel in Porto, but I prefered my stay here a lot more, then in Porto because, it just felt like home, and there were too many people at Porto, and i did not feel as at home

Simply excellent hospitality. Thank you LCH.

• 15th Jun 2014

Great staff and an overall lovely stay :)

• 15th Jun 2014

We had a very nice stay in this hostel, had a very friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Staff was wonderful and helpful and the wifi worked great!

• 14th Jun 2014