Lisboa Hostal Reviews

Juan Morrison 46, Algeciras, Spain

I wish I could have stayed longer in this place. Rosa and her brother are the best hosts!!

I don't really know how to judge this hostel, as it is not one: it is a hotel, very very affordable. As such it has all the amenities of a hotel (private rooms/bathrooms), but lacks those of a hostel (common area/kitchen/breakfast and so on). But definitively worth it if you are a single traveller or a couple wanting some privacy

The bedrooms are brand new, confortable with nice bathroom! The kitchen is small and there's no real trunk but it's ok. No breakfast. It's a family that manage it and there are really nice and reliable! I recommand this hostel

10 points to the hosts of this hotel! Those people are just the friendliest ever.

Lisboa Hostel is a budget hotel, not a backpackers hostel. You have a room to yourself, with an en-suite, and the tv, but you do not have a common room, hordes of friends that you have not met yet, etc. the landlady could not be kinder, and the bar next door does good tapas.

I would recommend Lisboa Hostal to anyone. Excellent value.

• 2nd Jun 2014

First of all the lady that owns this place is absolutely lovely, and very helpful, and her lovely family all live downstairs and are equally helpful. The place is a bit dated and the bathroom door didn't close but all else was fine. Nice tapas restaurant downstairs for dinner as well.

The staff are great, willing to help with any questions you have. If you have to get up early avoid the rooms in the front as the local cafe is open from 9pm to 1am.

Good Location to start Trips to Algeciras and Gibraltar, very close to the train and busstation. Very familiar athmosphere, i like rosa :)

Go to the tapas bar down stairs, delicious!

Very friendly and helpfull staff! You get what they promise.

I loved this place. I got a single room for a good price. Everything was great. Jose at the front counter seemed to know everything but the next lottery number. It was a $7 round trip to Gibraltar by bus. If I ever get back to Algeciras I won't stay anywhere else.

We found this hostel suited our needs veru well. Clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Parking is not easy, but there are spaces in the town nearby if you look. There is a space outside the hostel for unloading.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We had a such warm welcome, we will remember it for long !!!!

Returned to the Lisboa after a whirlwind 8 day rip around Morocco to find the same courtesy, the same cleanliness, the same attention to detail and the same high standards of service excellence. I stand by my previous review - this place is a gem and richly deserves its hard-won reputation. 11/10.

Firstly, if you are debating which town to stay in, Algeciras makes the most sense. You can take day trips to Tarifa and Gibraltar for about 2€, and the cheapest ferries to Ceuta and Tangier leave from here. I had a wonderful experience here for three nights. The staff were super accommodating and very knowledgable of getting around the area. The location is perfect, only a few minute walk to both the port and the bus station. The rooms are cleaned ever day. Very glad I chose here!

• 17th Apr 2014

This place is an absolute gem. From being just a one-night flop before getting the ferry over to Tangier; it became one of the highlights of my whole trip. The Lisboa Hostal could not be better or more conveniently located - the rooms are kept spotlessly clean and the staff are as warm and friendly as I have met anywhere. This family owned and managed hostal is one of the best I have stayed in and it richly deserves its fine reputation. Can't recommend it too highly.

A real gem. The hostel was spotlessly clean with crisp white sheets on the bed. The location is a short walk to the bus/train station, the ferry terminal and Plaza Alta, making it the best location in town. It is a family run hostel and the welcome was warm and friendly, always willing to offer advice when needed. I cannot recommend this place highly enough, it has to be one of the best hostels I have stayed in during extensive travels all over the world. Fantastic. Thankyou.

Clean, nice and centrally located. Finally there is a hot water in a shower! However, kitchen is far from good - unable to boil water in the kettle, but this is not important

I was very happy at Lisboa. I felt safe and well cared for. The staff was wonderful, so helpful and friendly. My room was simple but very comfortable. The location was terrific, easy to access from the train and easy to walk to the ferry.

View all Algeciras Bed and Breakfasts