Lisboa Hostal Reviews

Juan Morrison 46, Algeciras, Spain

Jose and Rosa both very friendly and helpful during my stay, room was safe and comfortable, facilities to wash clothes for low cost,excellent rooftop terrace, would reccomend. cheers - Francis

Great hostel with extremely friendly staff and a perfect location within walking distance of the station. I had a private room with an ensuite bathroom and double bed at a bargain price. There's a large roof terrace with kitchen and WiFi in all rooms. I will certainly return here and would recommend it to all types of people of all ages.

A great hostel with really friendly, helpful staff. I always look forward to staying here when I am passing this way. Thanks for a great stay.

The room and location were excellent. The room came with a balcony as well :) The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Very helpful and friendly owners. Definitely a good value for the price. Best to ask for a room away from the street, which can be noisey in the evening.

This is an absolutely excellent hostel with super friendly staff. I have travelled the world and I can't remember a hostel that comes anywhere near close to the quality this hostel offers in luxury and comfort - the whole place sparkles. An absolute must stay if visiting Morroco. And if you are visiting Gibraltar it's so much easier from here than anywhere else (buses every half hour). I can't recommend this hostel highly enough. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

The hostel is in a central location, about a ten minute walk from the castle and a ten minute walk to Rossio. The facilities were very clean. No one was unfriendly however there was not a very friendly vibe when my friend and I stayed there. Everyone just kind of came and went and did their own thing, quietly.

• 26th Apr 2015

The staff was excellent and the room was very comfortable. There wasn't really a common area, at least I wasn't shown one, so I don't think you could consider this a party hostel. Location was good near the bus/train station but part of the translated directions was a little tricky. Instead of "surround", I would say "circle around to the back". I will most likely try to stay here next time I visit Algeciras (on the way to Tangiers).

Very helpful staff and clean.

Good place to stay at Algeciras. Clean and calm. Recommended.

Our host was extremely helpful and sweet.

• 28th Mar 2015

This place is absolutely amazing. It is run by a fantastic spanish family of 3 generations. The place is very clean and feels like a hotel. I stayed in a private room, but is normal price for shared rooms in most countries. Super comfortable beds and very quiet area that could have you resting in bed all day. The roof terrace is fantastic along with the kitchen which is also on the rooftop. In just about the center of town, 3 minutes from bus/train station, and nearby bars and great restaurants.

Great overnight stop between Morocco and Spain, fairly peaceful and good wifi to plan for your next destination. The town itself is quiet, and no excitement if you are looking for it. Safe area although it looks dodgy at night, 5 minute walk from the port. Maybe more interesting in the summer months, but the staff are very helpful.

• 14th Mar 2015

Run by a very nice family. Very near bus/train station, near city center (which is nicer than guide books do say!). Would stay again when in Algeciras.

Wonderful hostess who takes a pride in her family business, very helpful and nice to get my own room. just noise from the street as very central location.

Centrally between the port and the train / bus station which is perfect if you want to have a day trip to Gibraltar. The room was big and comfortable. The guy from the reception was so helpful and friendly with all the info and details!

View all Algeciras Bed and Breakfasts