Lisboa Hostal Reviews

Juan Morrison 46, Algeciras, Andalucia, Spain

The hostel was good after all. The terrace should be taken care, a few works could make it look better. The rooms are good and comfortable.

Had a great stay at Lisboa! Ask the staff for good tapas recommendations!

Very friendly staff but they are a little prejudice concerning Tangier.

The receptionist was really friendly and gave us useful information and was very hospitable. The room could have used air conditioning but for how much we paid we got more than we asked for. Also, wifi worked great in the hostel. It's also in an ideal location by many outdoor tapas bars and located in a cute cobblestone street.

The people at the reception were very nice and helpfull. They have theyr own map with the best tapabars and they also helped me to book and find the way to the ferryport.

n0 words.... just amazing!

A pleasant place to stay for a couple of nights in a good central location. Liked the rooftop terrace, didn't like that the wifi wasn't working during our time there but they did have a computer with internet in reception you could use.

For the price I paid, I had a lot of space for myself.

The welcome here from Jose and Rosa is fantastic!Great location being a short walk from both the train and ferry terminal!Information is excellent from Jose on ferry and nearby tapas bars!Spotlessly clean!Highly recommended

I had a room for myself and it was cheap. Good for a night of rest. The owner is a bit crazy, but sweet.

The hotel is run by a family which lived in Germany for a time, so we were warmly welcomed from the owner's son who spoke German. He explained us everything, recommended locations to eat and gave advice which places we should avoid in the night. We could wash our clothes for free and for our second evening, the owner's daughter organised a paella for us in a restaurant nearby. The roof terrace was a nice spot to round off the day. All in all a friendly place to stay on the way onwards to Tanger.

The hostel is a great place to stay and definately good value for money. The hostel is located very close to the bus station and easy to reach. When I arrived there I felt very welcome. The owners are super friendly and the house has a nice atmosphere. The hostel is close to the centre, very clean, rooms are cosy and a bit quirky. A great place to relax and recover from a long journey!

This was a lovely hostel in a lovely town. Algeciras gets a bad rap but once you get away from the docks, you find lovely tapas restaurants and plazas, and there was a big fair when we visited. The hotel was lovely and clean.

• 21st Jun 2013

Rosa went out of her way to make stay enjoyable.

• 18th Jun 2013
  • American Samoa

The Lisboa Hostel was fantastic. Only about a 5 minute walk from the Ferry terminal, it was on a nice street near plenty of tapas bars and restaurants. Rosa was enthusiastic and was happy to give me recommendations for several places in the area. The room was very nice- a single room with bathroom for less than a mixed room in most cities! I only wish I had more time to spend there, it is probably my favorite hostel so far.

Very happy with my stay. Rosa was very helpful. Clean comfortable centrally located and excerllent value for money. Reccomended.

When we arrived at Lisboa we felt immediately at home. Rosa was extremely friendly and very helpful. The bathroom and rooms were very clean.

• 12th Jun 2013

VERY friendly and helpful staff, had a quite big single room, very clean, also the bathroom. Algeciras has nice and beautiful parts, too, like the market place and the magnificent Plaza Alta. Excellent starting point for trips to Gibraltar and Marokko, very recommendable Hostal!!

Staff were extremely helpful. I got in very late and they were very accommodating. I was only there for a short time, in at around 1am, left at around 7am. Nice location, and left my big bag there for the day. Algeciras is not the most exciting town, but was useful for my day trip to Morocco. Facilities were nice, had my own bathroom and shower, towel. Was at a fair price as well. If you are stopping over for a night I'd go there. Not a whole lot of character as no common area to be found.

I really enjoyed my time at Libosa. The owners were super nice, gave excellent directions and recommendations, helped me find my way to both my day trip to Gibraltar and my ferry to Tangier. They even upgraded me and gave me an ensuite room all to myself for free. The only downside was that the directions to the hostel were not terribly clear and there aren't many street signs--but I made it in the end.

View all Algeciras Bed and Breakfasts