Lisboa Hostal Reviews

Juan Morrison 46, Algeciras, Spain

Good Location to start Trips to Algeciras and Gibraltar, very close to the train and busstation. Very familiar athmosphere, i like rosa :)

Go to the tapas bar down stairs, delicious!

Very friendly and helpfull staff! You get what they promise.

I loved this place. I got a single room for a good price. Everything was great. Jose at the front counter seemed to know everything but the next lottery number. It was a $7 round trip to Gibraltar by bus. If I ever get back to Algeciras I won't stay anywhere else.

We found this hostel suited our needs veru well. Clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Parking is not easy, but there are spaces in the town nearby if you look. There is a space outside the hostel for unloading.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We had a such warm welcome, we will remember it for long !!!!

Returned to the Lisboa after a whirlwind 8 day rip around Morocco to find the same courtesy, the same cleanliness, the same attention to detail and the same high standards of service excellence. I stand by my previous review - this place is a gem and richly deserves its hard-won reputation. 11/10.

Firstly, if you are debating which town to stay in, Algeciras makes the most sense. You can take day trips to Tarifa and Gibraltar for about 2€, and the cheapest ferries to Ceuta and Tangier leave from here. I had a wonderful experience here for three nights. The staff were super accommodating and very knowledgable of getting around the area. The location is perfect, only a few minute walk to both the port and the bus station. The rooms are cleaned ever day. Very glad I chose here!

• 17th Apr 2014

This place is an absolute gem. From being just a one-night flop before getting the ferry over to Tangier; it became one of the highlights of my whole trip. The Lisboa Hostal could not be better or more conveniently located - the rooms are kept spotlessly clean and the staff are as warm and friendly as I have met anywhere. This family owned and managed hostal is one of the best I have stayed in and it richly deserves its fine reputation. Can't recommend it too highly.

A real gem. The hostel was spotlessly clean with crisp white sheets on the bed. The location is a short walk to the bus/train station, the ferry terminal and Plaza Alta, making it the best location in town. It is a family run hostel and the welcome was warm and friendly, always willing to offer advice when needed. I cannot recommend this place highly enough, it has to be one of the best hostels I have stayed in during extensive travels all over the world. Fantastic. Thankyou.

Clean, nice and centrally located. Finally there is a hot water in a shower! However, kitchen is far from good - unable to boil water in the kettle, but this is not important

I was very happy at Lisboa. I felt safe and well cared for. The staff was wonderful, so helpful and friendly. My room was simple but very comfortable. The location was terrific, easy to access from the train and easy to walk to the ferry.

Excellent staff members.

Lovely staff at the hostel. Rooms were fairly standard.

I went in mid winter so everything was very quiet there. I had my own single room with en suite for a great price - 17 euros. Its only about 5 mins walk from the bus station. Staff were very helpful. Kitchen next to large terrace so in good weather it would be fantastic.

We were visiting Gibraltar for 2 days and didn't want to stay in the UK. In Algeciras we had a very nice welcome and a very friendly Staff. We had a nice and clean Room with an new bathroom. The rest of the room was a bit old fashioned. The hostel is located in the middle of Algeciras and it is not recommended to go there by car. But going out for dinner and beer was never that easy. Although Algeciras is noch a very interesting city we had a nice stay!

• 7th Dec 2013

Clean and comfortable hostel. There is no common area and doesn't have the hostel 'feel' but was fine for a good rest. Nice location with bars and restaurants a short walk away. No breakfast included. Man on check in very friendly and helpful with bus times etc.

Fantastic internet Connection. Very helpful staff.

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Sweden

very friendly and helpful staff. Good security with electronic key. clean room. comfortable bed. kitchen and wifi and terrace. near centre decent price.

Great reception by Rosa, who also offered to come with me to the post office to ensure smooth communications.... Room was clean, I was really happy to have my own bathroom, amazing value for your money!

View all Algeciras Bed and Breakfasts