Lisboa Hostal Reviews

Juan Morrison 46, Algeciras, Spain

I was very happy at Lisboa. I felt safe and well cared for. The staff was wonderful, so helpful and friendly. My room was simple but very comfortable. The location was terrific, easy to access from the train and easy to walk to the ferry.

Excellent staff members.

Lovely staff at the hostel. Rooms were fairly standard.

I went in mid winter so everything was very quiet there. I had my own single room with en suite for a great price - 17 euros. Its only about 5 mins walk from the bus station. Staff were very helpful. Kitchen next to large terrace so in good weather it would be fantastic.

We were visiting Gibraltar for 2 days and didn't want to stay in the UK. In Algeciras we had a very nice welcome and a very friendly Staff. We had a nice and clean Room with an new bathroom. The rest of the room was a bit old fashioned. The hostel is located in the middle of Algeciras and it is not recommended to go there by car. But going out for dinner and beer was never that easy. Although Algeciras is noch a very interesting city we had a nice stay!

• 7th Dec 2013

Clean and comfortable hostel. There is no common area and doesn't have the hostel 'feel' but was fine for a good rest. Nice location with bars and restaurants a short walk away. No breakfast included. Man on check in very friendly and helpful with bus times etc.

Fantastic internet Connection. Very helpful staff.

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Sweden

very friendly and helpful staff. Good security with electronic key. clean room. comfortable bed. kitchen and wifi and terrace. near centre decent price.

Great reception by Rosa, who also offered to come with me to the post office to ensure smooth communications.... Room was clean, I was really happy to have my own bathroom, amazing value for your money!

Location is convenient to everything - the port, the bus station, eateries. Easy to get to Gibraltar. The staff are wonderful and will go the extra mile especially if you're dealing with a travel challenge or two. Has a kitchen available for guests to use off the rooftop terrace.

Great central location. Very easy to get from the bus and to the ferry the next day - both distances easily walkable. The room was a good size and had a lovely little balcony. The communal kitchen is very basic and really needs updating but otherwise good value for money!

Very warm welcome from Roswita and a nice, renovated room with balcony. Additionally, it is near the train station and the ferry port, so it was perfect for a overnight stop on our way to Morocco.

Everything was absolutely fantastic! I spent the night with two of my friends and we had a blast. It was our first time ever staying in a hostel and it was one hundred times better than we expected!!

It is a good hostel, which resembles a hotel. If you need an affordable place to stay before going to morroco or visiting gibraltar its a good choise. The owner will be more than happy to help you and provide you with any information. It was a good stay!

• 15th Sep 2013

Staff are awesome! Loved Rosa, clean and tidy, a lovely place to chill out, hotel quality! Algeciras is a nice place!

Clean, safe, well located - good value base of operations for Algeciras and the surrounding areas. Staff will help you with anything you need, just take note of the reception hours. Wifi was not working during my stay but there was a PC for use. Did not use the communal kitchen but they have one. Terrace on the roof.

Clean, basic accommodation, communal kitchen on the terrace could do with some upkeep and the price was a little high for the standard of the facilities compared to what I paid in Barcelona, Granada and Seville.

• 1st Sep 2013

The hostel was good after all. The terrace should be taken care, a few works could make it look better. The rooms are good and comfortable.

Had a great stay at Lisboa! Ask the staff for good tapas recommendations!

Very friendly staff but they are a little prejudice concerning Tangier.

View all Algeciras Bed and Breakfasts