Lisbon Chillout Hostel Reviews

Rua Nogueira e Sousa, no 8, 1o, Lisbon, Portugal

The entire staff was friendly and informative. They had all the info you would need and always asked if there was anything else I needed. The facilities were more than adequate.

• 3rd Feb 2016

Thanks for the great feedback! It was a pleasure meeting you! Hope you can join us again next time for some more Sangria.

As soon as my boyfriend and I arrived, we experienced firsthand the generosity and openness of this hostel. All of the staff members were happy to help with any tips about traveling and engage us in friendly conversation. There were also tons of daily opportunities for us to take part in with the hostel's help. Our room was beautiful with the perfect balance of privacy and social interaction. Our only complaint would be that the hot water only worked a part of the time.

• 29th Jan 2016

Hi guys! It was a pleasure meeting you! Hope you had a safe journey back to Madrid and the Dancing is going well! Concerning the hot water, thankfully the issue has been resolved. Hope to meet you guys again either in Spain, Portugal or Germany, any country will do!

Chill out hostel really is chill, staff is very friendly and helpful and I felt very comfortable in my room. The location is also great, just 10 minutes from the city centre. Is a place where it ou can socialize with others but you can also find a quiet spot for yourself to read or relax. The only little problem I had was humidity in the room, but that can be caused by the building itself.

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Slovakia

A chillout hi to you! We are haooy to hear you enjoyed our hostel and the chillout aspect of it. Concerning the humidity, the rooms are being renovated and this will all be resolved, one floor is allready done! The charms of an old building can also be the curse. It was a pleasure meeting you and hope to welcome you again in the future!

The staff was really friendly and helped me a lot. They gave me some advice on what to visit and made my stay pleasant. The hostel was very clean and the rooms are spacious and quiet. I liked the breakfast which they offered for free. All in all, I was really satisfied.

It was a true pleasure meeting you and hope we will have the chance to spend some time with you again. Thanks for the great feedback!

Dirty, and the whole thing smelled awful!! Plus, peculiarities, like the showers jammed up against and semi-facing one another so that you can have an involuntarily intimate time with your fellow showerers. The staff were lovely, but man, I would never stay there again. It's cheap, but the hostel I moved to was only 1.50 more, and a great experience in a better location.

• 18th Jan 2016

Thanks alot for your constructive feedback. We will take all your comments into account. We are very sad however that you did not enjoy your one night with us and hope you will give us a chance in the future to show you how great the hostel is. Hope you are enjoying the rest of you travels!

All staff exceptionally helpful, and genuinely interested in ensuring i seek out and find not just the place i asked directions from them for, but other nearby places of interest i would not have found alone. In addition everyone friendly (staff & Guests), and therefore good times were had. Thankyou to all of you. On the down side, because of all the efforts above i now have no reason to return to lisbon hahaha ;)

• 12th Jan 2016

Hello! Well, we do think there are a few insides of bars you may not have seen yet... We staff members are rather intent on showing you. We know you have noew become cuious :-) Thanks for the great feedback. Thanks for the great night out. And see you soon.

This hostel was one of the worst I've ever stayed in. Our room was dirty and dingy. Bathrooms were disgusting and rarely cleaned - also have no space to change in. Atmosphere was terrible - I hardly saw anyone during what should be the busiest time of year (NYE). Would not recommend to anyone!

The Hostel is really well located, 10/15 min walking from Martim Moniz and The central Station (Rossio). The staff is the highlight of the Hostel, wich sets you in a good mood and atmosphere. It is a clean place. Free Wi-Fi, shared kitchen and breakfast! I had an AMAZING time there! :)

I was very surpriesed by the room: 10 bed, but a lot of space. Each bed has his own light and loocker. Clean and friendly: on each pillow,at the arrival, you'll find a candy ! Kitchen and fridge at every floor. Common room with large screen tv. Staff very helpfull and really they work for you 24/24 h Washing maschine at every floor. Good location, well connected with airport. Excellent breackfast every morning and free coffe and tea all day long. WIFI works good

I've never experienced such hospitality and warmth from a hostel before. I fractured my foot in my previous destination and had some difficulty moving about. Ana, a Portuguese (really gorgeous) lady, who was also the one who helped me to check in, went the extra mile to change my room so that I don't have to move around unnecessarily. She rendered a (great) helping hand in helping me get to the hospital for medical treatment and helping my friend in trying to find her lost handphone back.

lovely hostel with helpful, friendly staff

The bathroom is quite small and during the night, you can hardly sleep cuz the nosiy circumstances!!! What's the more.....the location is far away from the centro.

My only complaint is the showers were too small and there weren't enough toilets for each floor. However the lounge was so comfy and inviting, the Kitchens were well stocked with utensils and the breakfast was lovely. It was about 15 min walk to center. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. The staff was so inviting and helpful. They let me chill in the lounge watching Netflix until I had to go to my red eye flight. It was a great hostel! One of my favorites!

The best starting point to explore Lisbon, it was my fourth time in this Hostel, so definitely recommend it to everyone! Helpful staff, nice facilities, a homely atmosphere, go there!

Lovely place, definitely recommend this hostel :) ... I wish I could have stayed longer in Lisbon.

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Slovakia

i had good time good location clean and staff are very kind

We had to wait like 30 minutes to check in cause the guy in the reception was on his first day and didnt even know how to read a name from your passport. We even had to tell him where we came from caise he couldn't figure it out from our passports! The worst part of all was the cleaning, the first day they had not even chabged the sheets in the bed, the sheets were covered in hairs and the sheet of my friend even had a lollypop stick stuck tp the sheet. The shower also didn't work properly!

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Argentina

The stay in Chillout hostel was a very pleasant experience. The staff was super nice and helpful and created really lovely atmosphere of the place. Also you have a chance to enjoy a great view from the roof top :o)

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

Chill vibe. Open minded folks. Neat location

• 14th Nov 2015

Had a great time. Nice staff and met some nice people. Clean, comfortable and decorated very cool! Good location in a beautiful building. Great place to stay to discover Lisbon!