Lisbon Chillout Hostel Reviews

Rua Nogueira e Sousa, no 8, 1o, Lisbon, Portugal

Nice place, very clean. Only the bathrooms are veeety small, but it's a good place to stay:)

I love the lisbon chillout hostel. They have a great atmosphere, a big free breakfast, free coffee and tea all day, tours, activities, and events planned for the guests, and for those who decided to join, hostel based activities. The staff is amazing and really has the "chillout" vibe, and all are willing to hang out with the guests... The hostel is centrally located, yet far enough away from noise that you will have an easy time going to sleep

• 11th Feb 2015

Friendliest and most welcoming hostel that I've been to in a long long time- this place exactly captures the spirit of what a hostel should be. I will long remember my stay, and hope that I can return there soon.

The staff makes us guests feel very welcome, they are really friendly and helpful, making sure you are included and happy!

• 5th Feb 2015

This is the place to be when in Lisboa!Overall it has been a great experience

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Spain

I had a great time at the Chillout Hostel, coming from a rainy france it was great seing so many happy faces! The tips I was given at the reception were great. Especially loved the Bifana tip! Thanks guys for a great time!

• 15th Jan 2015

We had difficulties finding the hostel but after that we had a great stay!

The ChillOut Hostel was a great place to stay for short/longer time. The staff were amazing, helpful and very nice. Rooms were clean and significantly spacious. Atmosphere was friendly. Note that the hostel is a bit uphill. The only con I d pointed out is breakfast, which could be definitely improved- toast bread is gross. I recommend this lovely place!

Good : - breakfast Bad : - far from attractions and metro - personnal not really friendly - bathroom too small - bed are beautiful but too noisy.

I had a great time there and will be back soon.

All was ok. But the rooms and toilet needs to be fixed. I did not like when the receptionist told me to change my room at 11th hour. and I guess she even lied to me about room change as i saw some people coming out of the same room when the reception person told me that they will close it for cleaning. And it was my last night. But the Italian girl was very helpful. They should also change their check-in timing, as I had to wait till 16.00 to get my room.

My view about the auberge is really correct, but there are few negatives points. The property isn't always respected, in the bathrooms most and kitchen. But the personnel is very serviable, smilling, nice and the general atmosphere is OK. The hostel is very well located and everything is done in order you spend a nice trip. Bye

• 14th Sep 2014

Major bed bug issue. I got bit over 100 times in one night, it was ridiculous they let me move room but so many people had bites all over. The rooms weren't clean. The showers were often cold especially top floor, the girls toilet there was a slide door which wouldn't slide all the way shut and almost a foot was left open. Really see through doors on the showers and you have to walk past them to get to the toilet. Atmosphere wasn't great, kitchens awful only one hotplate on top and bottom floor.

This hostel was a bit disappointing. It was not really clean and what bothers me the most are the toilets. They are so small that you can barely move. The showers have transparent glass and there are shampoos and there are razors in there too. This was kind of gross. But the staff was really nice.

The hostel is overall ok though very little bathroom & toilets and simple breakfast. Staff are very friendly and helpful, location is excellent. My biggest problem was the noise: the rooms are not noise isolated while guests and cleaning lady/ staff are quite noisy during the night. I am a person who doesn't have problems with noise and even I felt it was too much... Especially on the first floor. Cleaning lady/ staff also clean the kitchen early in the morning even night ...

The biggest plus beside the location was the price that included also a breakfast. The biggest drawback was the hygiene. No hot water in the showers, bad pluming that deodorized the place constantly and the water was overflowing to the floor, no dish washing gel to the kitchen and most of all the presence of bags. So in just a few words I would resemble it as if they were army barracks.