Lisbon Chillout Hostel Reviews

Rua Nogueira e Sousa, no 8, 1o, Lisbon, Portugal

We had difficulties finding the hostel but after that we had a great stay!

The ChillOut Hostel was a great place to stay for short/longer time. The staff were amazing, helpful and very nice. Rooms were clean and significantly spacious. Atmosphere was friendly. Note that the hostel is a bit uphill. The only con I d pointed out is breakfast, which could be definitely improved- toast bread is gross. I recommend this lovely place!

Good : - breakfast Bad : - far from attractions and metro - personnal not really friendly - bathroom too small - bed are beautiful but too noisy.

I had a great time there and will be back soon.

All was ok. But the rooms and toilet needs to be fixed. I did not like when the receptionist told me to change my room at 11th hour. and I guess she even lied to me about room change as i saw some people coming out of the same room when the reception person told me that they will close it for cleaning. And it was my last night. But the Italian girl was very helpful. They should also change their check-in timing, as I had to wait till 16.00 to get my room.

My view about the auberge is really correct, but there are few negatives points. The property isn't always respected, in the bathrooms most and kitchen. But the personnel is very serviable, smilling, nice and the general atmosphere is OK. The hostel is very well located and everything is done in order you spend a nice trip. Bye

• 14th Sep 2014

Major bed bug issue. I got bit over 100 times in one night, it was ridiculous they let me move room but so many people had bites all over. The rooms weren't clean. The showers were often cold especially top floor, the girls toilet there was a slide door which wouldn't slide all the way shut and almost a foot was left open. Really see through doors on the showers and you have to walk past them to get to the toilet. Atmosphere wasn't great, kitchens awful only one hotplate on top and bottom floor.

This hostel was a bit disappointing. It was not really clean and what bothers me the most are the toilets. They are so small that you can barely move. The showers have transparent glass and there are shampoos and there are razors in there too. This was kind of gross. But the staff was really nice.

The hostel is overall ok though very little bathroom & toilets and simple breakfast. Staff are very friendly and helpful, location is excellent. My biggest problem was the noise: the rooms are not noise isolated while guests and cleaning lady/ staff are quite noisy during the night. I am a person who doesn't have problems with noise and even I felt it was too much... Especially on the first floor. Cleaning lady/ staff also clean the kitchen early in the morning even night ...

The biggest plus beside the location was the price that included also a breakfast. The biggest drawback was the hygiene. No hot water in the showers, bad pluming that deodorized the place constantly and the water was overflowing to the floor, no dish washing gel to the kitchen and most of all the presence of bags. So in just a few words I would resemble it as if they were army barracks.

We slept on the top floor and the facilities weren't good there, there was only one small bathroom for the girls of this floor and one for the guys. The bathroom was really small and the kitchen on the floor only had a oven and a microwave. But it depends from floor to floor, on other floors the facilities are better. Breakfast is basic and rooms aren't really clean. Over all it's not soo bad but I excepted more. Location is awesome!

The italian girl at the reception was so nice to me that it made my whole experience at the hostel even better. :D I would really only complain a little about the bathrooms that were not super clean but it wasn't disgusting or anything either. And don't go by Travessa Santa Marta. If you're as tired as I was that hill can make you almost give up on finding the hostel. There is another way there if you arrive at the metro/subway station Marquês de Pombal.

bathrooms are very dirty and there are no lockers. but people are very nice

• 25th Aug 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. Their might have been a misunderstading concerning the lockers, but we do have lockers available. This information in given upon check-in. Concerning the bathrooms, we are sorry you encountered a situation in which they were not clean. It was great to meet you, hope you will come and visit us soon again!

Really nice place, extremely helpful staff, very nice outside area to sit, good security and facilities :)

I can only rate this hostel average. Not the worst stay but not the best. good: wifi works great, the rooms are large and clean. bad: kitchen is tiny and even though there is a kitchen on each floor there are only hot plates on one floor so everyone tries to cook at the same time. The washrooms are awful, very small, the doors don't close, showers are see through and anyone who wants to use the toilet or sink walks or stands beside the see through showers the entire time!

Hello Teri! Thanks for your feedback. We are renovating the kitchens and two of our three kitchens now have four hobs each. And the third will soon be finished. Hope you will come and visit us again and test one of our three kitchens! Chillout Team

Good party vibe but a little bit of a walk to main part of town and it's situated in a dirty part of town. Value for money though is good

Really laid back staff, cheap beer and 2 great patios

Hello Ross! Thanks for being a fun guest! Hope you come back again soon! Chillout Team

Very nice stay. made some good friends. 10 minutes walk from the centre.

This place was pretty good value overall. It's in a top location and the staff were generally very helpful. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the 3 euro charge per bag for storage on the day of checkout. Yikes!

Good afternoon Alex, Thanks for you feedback! Is was great to meet you! Concerning your main comment about the luggage storage, luggage storage is free on check-out date. However as you left your ags for several days you can understand there is a charge involved. Hope to see you again in the future! Chillout Team

They're very kind, thank you very much.

Hello Nachane, Thanks for being such a fun guest! And thanks for the great feedback! Chillout Team