Lisbon Chillout Hostel Reviews

Rua Nogueira e Sousa, no 8, 1o, Lisbon, Portugal

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The building was comfortable and easy to find, though it has zero sound proofing. If your up to late even just talking comfortably in one room is heard clearly in another. Also if others are up late you hear them clear as day. Breakfast was provided andsimple but good. The manager is anot incredibly nice lady and is personanle, as well as, helpful. We had a great stay there.

• 1st Jul 2015

Definitely recommend this one! I stayed there once, and then returned twice for a day as I am travelling around. May be my favorite hostel, and each time all is good - having stayed there on three occasions my impression, I think, has more value. May be see you guys for the 4th time soon lol. Great place!

Great stay! The main door was always open, which could be a security issue. Staff was very friendly and there was always someone at the reception. Very clean. Only the location is not super perfect if you are planning to walk alone at night. For the rest very very nice!

My friend and I stayed at the hostel for nine nights, (originally four but we loved it so much we added five nights to our stay). We found the hostel staff to be friendly, helpful, and very good at recommending local things. We became quick friends with a few members of the staff, barbara in particular who took us out and showed us where things were a couple of times, and helped us with anything we could possibly have wanted. We appreciated the diversity, fun, conversation, and atmosphere here.

This hostel, like Lisbon itself, seemed to have two sides. The bad parts were my loud fellow guests, doors that were either difficult to close or difficult to open, its proximity to few of the major sites, and the fact that I was only barely able to shower in privacy. The staff were a positive, they let me come early, answered a barrage of questions ranging from touristic to linguistic, and were quite accommodating. the breakfast was nice, and sitting drinking hot chocolate over Lisbon was fun

Really good place, great location, realy great staff !! Would recommend for sure !

The staff is really nice and helpful, they gave me the best advices for places to see

The hostel went out of its way to make you feel comfortable / have eveything you needed. For the price of this hostel what you get it unreal. The location is just a 15 minute walk or less to the center. Felt at home here and had no complaints at all.

Friendly staffs nice and cozy atomosphere. Staffs speak quite good English which was easy to understand. Value for money free wifi and brekkie are cool as

Great hostel, nice and spacious with great chillout area downstairs with TV, sofas etc. as well as a stunning view from the balcony/veranda upstairs where you can sit and have a beer or whatever. Also amazing friendly helpful staff who know the area well. Its neat to the metro and you can walk into the centre no problem. Safe area, clean rooms, nice kitchens if you want to make your own food, clean (if a bit tight for space) bathrooms, all great!

love the hostel. Great back garden lots of fun with the other people. Spent most my time on the balconies though.. Great view of central Lisbon and great location. Staff were the best. Chana and Alexandre on the staff were cool to hang out with and told me good places to go. Thanks guys. Love Lisbon love the beach. Hostel was clean. Good value. Will be back someday.

• 11th May 2015

Hostel was very calm too calm for me not much going on, the staff was pretty cool. Kitchen on every floor. Breakfast is just toast and cereal. The roof top was nice to hangout on. Location is basic but I found it hard to find everytime I wanted to come back. It was okay, wasn't a great experience.

The staff were very friendly and helpful during my stay. For instance, my reservation wasn't showing up in the system, but they still worked with me to make sure I would have a room. I would say that my only issue with the place would have to be the bathrooms; it took a lot of effort to slide open the door to the men's bathroom on the second floor and the bathrooms in general were very narrow and offered little privacy. I would have liked to seen a sign that said to not close the bathroom door.

Had a great stay with extremely friendly staffs. I didn't expect a lot since the price was so cheap, but it was way much better than I expected. There is also a nice restaurant with cheap price right next to the hostel, where I've gone 4times.

I had a great time. The staff was lovely and recommended lots of things for me to do. They also gave easy directions to get to the hostel from the airport. The other guests were pretty cool as well and it was nice to just "chill out." Bathrooms were a little tiny and the walls were pretty thin, but if you stay in a hostel you aren't really looking for an upscale place to spend the night anyways.

• 16th Apr 2015

Pros: Very friendly staff, pretty rooms with big enough lockers, access to room with a keycard, well equiped kitchen Cons: Lots of mould everywhere, small bathroom

the hostel was a little "too" chill. I booked a female dorm (and paid more for it)& they tried to stick 2 boys in the room with me. when I was offended, the staff acted like it was my fault but eventually moved the boys to a private room. the rooms were nice& as described. the wifi is poor in the rooms& really only works downstairs. there is major construction going on and it's early in the AM. I booked a surfing lesson with the hostel and was stood up by the guide. only 1 bathroom for girls.

The staff is extremely helpful and honestly one of the only reasons I liked the place. Also, the breakfast is good. The location is decent. Not the most central but in the city centre anyway. Easily accessible if you are using the metro. Two things which I strongly advise: 1. I got a room on the first floor which is adjacent to the kitchen. Either they need to have a time to close the kitchen or ask them to give you another room. 2. Bathrooms NEED to be redesigned and renovated too!

Very friendly staff, free breakfast, clean and nice rooms, wifi... It was a great stay and all at a very reasonable price. At a walking distance from Lisboa center, but plan 30 minutes to get there from the hostel. Another option is taking the metro, which is at maybe 10 minutes from the hostel. Don't hesitate to book a room there if you have the chance.

• 20th Mar 2015

nice hostel in a good location. but parties every evening/night. mostly teenagers. toilets and shower were to small and always wet on the floor.