Lisbon Chillout Hostel Reviews

Rua Nogueira e Sousa, no 8, 1o, Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel was a bit disappointing. It was not really clean and what bothers me the most are the toilets. They are so small that you can barely move. The showers have transparent glass and there are shampoos and there are razors in there too. This was kind of gross. But the staff was really nice.

The hostel is overall ok though very little bathroom & toilets and simple breakfast. Staff are very friendly and helpful, location is excellent. My biggest problem was the noise: the rooms are not noise isolated while guests and cleaning lady/ staff are quite noisy during the night. I am a person who doesn't have problems with noise and even I felt it was too much... Especially on the first floor. Cleaning lady/ staff also clean the kitchen early in the morning even night ...

We slept on the top floor and the facilities weren't good there, there was only one small bathroom for the girls of this floor and one for the guys. The bathroom was really small and the kitchen on the floor only had a oven and a microwave. But it depends from floor to floor, on other floors the facilities are better. Breakfast is basic and rooms aren't really clean. Over all it's not soo bad but I excepted more. Location is awesome!

The italian girl at the reception was so nice to me that it made my whole experience at the hostel even better. :D I would really only complain a little about the bathrooms that were not super clean but it wasn't disgusting or anything either. And don't go by Travessa Santa Marta. If you're as tired as I was that hill can make you almost give up on finding the hostel. There is another way there if you arrive at the metro/subway station Marquês de Pombal.

bathrooms are very dirty and there are no lockers. but people are very nice

• 25th Aug 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. Their might have been a misunderstading concerning the lockers, but we do have lockers available. This information in given upon check-in. Concerning the bathrooms, we are sorry you encountered a situation in which they were not clean. It was great to meet you, hope you will come and visit us soon again!

Really nice place, extremely helpful staff, very nice outside area to sit, good security and facilities :)

I can only rate this hostel average. Not the worst stay but not the best. good: wifi works great, the rooms are large and clean. bad: kitchen is tiny and even though there is a kitchen on each floor there are only hot plates on one floor so everyone tries to cook at the same time. The washrooms are awful, very small, the doors don't close, showers are see through and anyone who wants to use the toilet or sink walks or stands beside the see through showers the entire time!

Hello Teri! Thanks for your feedback. We are renovating the kitchens and two of our three kitchens now have four hobs each. And the third will soon be finished. Hope you will come and visit us again and test one of our three kitchens! Chillout Team

Good party vibe but a little bit of a walk to main part of town and it's situated in a dirty part of town. Value for money though is good

Really laid back staff, cheap beer and 2 great patios

Hello Ross! Thanks for being a fun guest! Hope you come back again soon! Chillout Team

Very nice stay. made some good friends. 10 minutes walk from the centre.

This place was pretty good value overall. It's in a top location and the staff were generally very helpful. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the 3 euro charge per bag for storage on the day of checkout. Yikes!

Good afternoon Alex, Thanks for you feedback! Is was great to meet you! Concerning your main comment about the luggage storage, luggage storage is free on check-out date. However as you left your ags for several days you can understand there is a charge involved. Hope to see you again in the future! Chillout Team

They're very kind, thank you very much.

Hello Nachane, Thanks for being such a fun guest! And thanks for the great feedback! Chillout Team

The best place to be in lisbon😊 Amazing staff amazing atmosphere! And amazing chillouts at lisbon chillout garden !😃

• 28th Jul 2014
  • India

The garden will miss you :-)

This is my second stay in this hostel and next time when I come to Lisbon I'll check again if it's available :)

The hostel is really well decorated, friendly staff, good prices and organized activities for the guests. It has good places to socialize as well. The location is really bad because it's far from the center and from the metro (10 min walk to the nearest station). Also the bathrooms didn't have curtains and the doors didn't lock so basically everyone that walked in could see you naked taking a shower. I would say you can probable find a better place to stay in Lisbon but if not here is alright.

This was my first stay in a hostel ever and I'm very happy that it was such a good experience, staff is really helpful and cheerful,breakfast is great,rooms are good and I had a good night sleep and I had my laptop in a safe place all the time, so I would recommend it to anyone!

Not bad. Not great.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is very friendly and social. The back garden is a great place to meet other travelers. The bathrooms could use some work but otherwise a great stay.

Really enjoyed my stay here! The room was really cool lovely details and the staff were super nice! I would reccommend this hostel!

I was there with my boyfriend for 5 nights and we LOVED the hostel!! We would definitely go back! The staff is awesome and they were always kind and helped us with everyting we needed. The only thing that we didnt like about it iis that the bathrooms are too small and for too many rooms and there was no hot water in the bathrooms in our floor.

« first « Prev 1 2 3