Lisbon Chillout Hostel Reviews

Rua Nogueira e Sousa, no 8, 1o, Lisbon, Portugal

Decent stay at the hostel staff were friendly and knowledgeful the local area.

Fantastic stay at the Lisbon Chillout Hostel. It was my second visit to this hostel in Lisbon and on both trips I had an amazing time, this was largely due to its atmosphere and location of the hostel itself. The facilities were great with separate bathrooms for men + women and a full kitchen on each floor. I was travelling by myself and it was nice to be in a hostel where the staff and other guests were so warm and friendly. You make friends instantly.

• 23rd Aug 2015

The hostel is so clean and the staff is very good as well! Barbara is very nice and friendly with everybody! I really recommend Lisbon chill out hostel! Thanks for everything guys!

• 17th Aug 2015

The hostel workers didn't really seem like they knew what was going on around Lisbon, every time I asked what there was to do they would tell me to go to the main shopping street which was not what I was looking for. Also, a male staff member had a negative, offensive comment for everything I had asked which had made me regret staying with them and I will be choosing a different hostel next time I visit Lisbon.

• 12th Aug 2015

Wi-Fi did not work in my smartphone nor in my firends'. This was quite frustrating. Floorboards creaked with every footstep, waking up everyone. The bathroom floor was completely flooded / beard hair all over the wash basin (that's really not the hostel's fault). Noisy parties even in the first floor, next to our room. Pros: good breakfast, nice staff, clean sheets, lots of sockets and nice balcony.

Please post that this hostel is really great for people that are in their teens or early 20's. Anyone over that age will probably feel uncomfortable their. The disco in the garden until 2am and sharing 1bathroom with so many kids was a little intimidating. Also the towels were not clean and brown which I don't think was their original color. On the upside.. If you are 22 and want to party and meet other people of that age and party, this is a perfect place.

• 9th Aug 2015

Our experience here was mediocre. We made some amazing friends and the social side of things was awesome, however the facilities were not that great. Breakfast was very very basic, our room wasn't very clean. The bathrooms are very strange, they are tiny and glass doors offer no privacy. We also had a problem with keys for our locker, noisy people on the terrace right outside our window (which didn't close), and the staff were a little unprofessional as they were all volunteers. It was okay.

Really nice, clean hostel. Easy, straight walk to the centre. Not the friendliest atmosphere, but a good crowd of backpackers, and a garden to hang out in til midnight. Found it a little strange that the shower doors were see-through, and very small. But overall definitely worth the cheap price.

Rooms, hallways and bathrooms are narrow. No room to breath, everything is crammed. I didn't enjoy the place at all.

Great staff, very friendly and helpful! Loved chilling on the top floor terrace!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed at, the staff are so so friendly, it is clean, good atmosphere and comfortable. No complaints. I recommend this hostel highly.

it's an excellent place to meet new people, have a beer together, go out or just hang around. if you expect a quiet room, it might not be the place to stay, as many people only return quite late in the night. but i really liked it there and would defenitely recommend staying there. it's also a really cheap place and they'd always allow you to bring a friend for a drink.

We had nice time in Chillout hostel. Especially because very good and helpful staff. We had exactly what we expected.

The lady at the front desk was very helpful and welcoming. The hostel was nice and clean. Only thing I found to be different was the clear glass shower screens so there's not really any privacy at all when showering, just a heads up.

• 12th Jul 2015

Stayed here one night in July. Unfortunately we were in a room with majority scouts who were quite loud and disrespectful to other guests. Not a reflection on the hostel at all, just unfortunate bunkmates. Fantastic location and really, really kind and helpful staff. Definitely would stay here again, but might book a smaller room or double check if the scouts are back.

lovely! had a great stay here!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Had a very pkeasabt stay here. Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Good facilities and breakfast included too which was good. Only drawback is that it is a bit of a walk from the main strip.

The staff is the best part about this place. They are beyond helpful & are constantly making sure you have everything you need. The place is located in a great location, minutes away from great sites. The showers could use some curtains, but it's a great value for your money

Lovely staff, clean, good breakfast and coffe, comfy beds, well organised and well priced. Had a very enjoyable stay.

• 1st Jul 2015

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The building was comfortable and easy to find, though it has zero sound proofing. If your up to late even just talking comfortably in one room is heard clearly in another. Also if others are up late you hear them clear as day. Breakfast was provided andsimple but good. The manager is anot incredibly nice lady and is personanle, as well as, helpful. We had a great stay there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3