Lisbon Destination Hostel Reviews

Rossio Train Station, Second Floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Literally the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Felt like walking into paradise after having spent a few weeks in still good but more your bog standard kind of hostel. This felt like luxury and it was a real treat to come home every day. Not to mention all the excellent tours and events, the perfect location and the attentive staff.

By far one of the most laid back hostels you'll ever visit - that photo of the communal area, it's a great place to kick back after a long day of sightseeing. The staff will become your new best friends within minutes - Thaiz and Chris in particular were fantastic; they're incredibly proactive and go beyond the call of duty to make their guests happy. The rooms are sound-proofed (good move!) and the rooms and lockers are keycard accessed, so very secure! Clean and looked after. Well priced.

Hostel is good, has big dorms with comfy beds and nice bathrooms. Curtain, power outlets and lights on each bed which is good. Breakfast is above average, common area is great. Most of the staff are helpful but there are a couple who aren't really willing to help which is a shame as the others were amazing! The kitchen is good but it's hard to make your own breakfast

Stayed there for a weekend in September 2014 in a twin room. Super friendly and helpful staff. Clean, modern bedrooms, showers, kitchen and common room. Great location. Also, surprisingly quiet considering it's within a train station. I'm a light sleeper and had no issues.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Lithuania

I have travelled to 35 countries, staying mainly in hostels, and Destination was honestly one of the best I have ever been to, that is mainly why I've taken the time to write this review. The hostel itself it gorgeous... in a league of its own!!!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Staying at Lisbon Destination Hostel is a great experience. Everything was beyond my expectations, the bulding is amazing, the hostel has a unique arhitecture, the interior is WOW and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They organise the perfect tours and trips,the breakfast is delicious and it`s impossible not to love Lisbon. I would definitely visit again Lisbon and stay in the same hostel because it is PERFECT !!! Thank you for making my holiday so AWESOME :)

Don't even think to try this hostel if you are lucky to find availability. Great location, amazing ambience, super clean and comfy bathrooms, incredible facilities. OUTSTANDINF STAFF!! After Lisbon I went to Porto and stay in "2 star hotel"....this hostel looked like a 5 star next to that hotel! The only "but" I could say is about the bfast. Some eggs as part of the menu will be great (as other hostels offers). Putting this aside everything was PERFECT! (Ask for June, she'll help you a lot!)

I've stayed so many hostels and I have to say this is the best hostel I've ever stayed!! The location is excellent, rooms and bathrooms are very clean. Everyday has different activities, it's a great place to make friends!! The staffs are very friendly and very helpful (especially Thazi)!! Totally worthy!!

Great Hostel, Kind staff, great breakfast.

Nicest staff, super clean, amazing atmosphere and storng wifi :)

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

The room I slept in had two doors, one to the corridor, the other to the bathroom, which was common to the whole floor. I noticed this last door was not locked, and every person of the hostel could come into the room, accessing through the bathroom. From my point of view, this is a tiny security breach. Beside, my lock under the bed could not close properly (it was always open) which may not be the best in security matter. However, every people I met was very kind and I never felt in danger;)

• 14th Sep 2014

I only stayed one night but the hostel made me want to stay longer! The staff is super dedicated, the atmosphere is amazing and the rooms are clean, organized and confy! I was really pleased to have stayed there!! I highly recommend this hostel!! Hope to come back soon!!

• 13th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Beautifully clean, good sized dorm rooms with lockers, amazingly helpful and lovely staff. The communal space in the center of the hostel was a great space to spend time in - comfortable, friendly and homely. The kitchen had lots of space and everything you could need to cook with (and of course exceptionally clean), breakfast was great (fruit, pancakes, toast). The daily social events provided good opportunities to meet people and see Lisbon.

• 13th Sep 2014

I'm not usually one to write hostel reviews but you absolutely must stay at Desintation Hostel when you visit Lisbon! The staff were friendly, giving us a personal tour of the hostel upon arrival. Hostel really well designed, with beanbags, a guitar and a piano- very chilled. Our four bed private room with ensuite was spotless- I also used the public showers and they were spotless too. Breakfast fantastic- homemade pancakes and fresh bread and fruit every morning. Free walking tour a must do!

The staff is friendly and helpful. Their hardwork shows! A quality free breakfast is provided each morning; great way to save money. Affordable 4 course dinners are provided by a trained chef. Great way to meet fellow travelers. If you go to Lisbon, stay here and nowhere else.

• 11th Sep 2014

Excellent location and nice staff.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

shower wasn't hit enough, but everything else was perfect!! Would stay here when I visit Lisbon again!

I really enjoyed my time spent in this hostel and I was sad when I had to leave! Beautiful atmosphere and amazing staff!

• 9th Sep 2014

Amazing location and concept! The best hostel I have ever been.

• 7th Sep 2014