Lisbon Destination Hostel Reviews

Rossio Train Station, Second Floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Beautiful place with great facilities. The rooms are all very spacious and the bunk beds are excellent- every bed has its own socket, little fan and light. Relaxed atmosphere, nice mix of families and backpackers. The only thing I liked less was the constant music being played in the lounge area- it can be a bit distracting. Location is just perfect, you're just a stone throw away from the lively Barrio Alto. At night the hostel is nice and quiet. The Portuguese buffet on Sunday is great!

• 23rd Aug 2015

This was definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The location was excellent, located inside of the Rossio train station (though you would never know because, amazingly, you couldn't hear the trains or any noise at all) on one of Lisbon's main squares. The interior was incredibly comfortable, which made it a wonderful place to relax after exploring the city. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming, and the staff were all very helpful. The fado excursion was very enjoyable too.

You walk in and a lovely atmosphere greets you. Great location, friendly staff, concept common space and eco friendly facilities. they had their own walking tours as well as tours for other nearby sights going on for us to choose from. Also they had some events planned for evenings for people to get together. All this makes it a top choice for stay. Kudos to the owners and staff!

• 21st Aug 2015
  • India

I had a really lovely stay at the Destination Hostel in Lisbon ! I was only there for one night, but it was so easy to sign up for fun events and meet people from other countries. The hostel facilities are clean and well-kept, plus free towels, luggage storage, and huge lockers ! Finally, every staff member that I encountered was kind and welcoming. I would definitely stay at this hostel again and I will be sure to recommend it to everyone I know ! Thanks for a great experience.

Really cool modern hostel in the centre of town. Staff helpful and friendly. Would come back if ever in Lisbon again!

This hostel has one primary issue. It lacks good WiFi / Internet. The internet here is almost unusable. They have various netoworks but they are all terribly slow - to the point where it isn't even worthwhile to try to use the wireless internet. In this day and age flawless WiFi - especially for travelers - is as essential as clean bathrooms. It's also a very cheap investment for a hostel to make. I hope that this review helps push this otherwise great hostel to make a quick and easy change.

Coolest Hostel ever. Staying at the Destination Lisbon Hostel has overcome my expectations. Picture a typical youth hostel. Done? Ok, now delete whatever you have thought of. This is one of the coolest places I have ever stayed in. It's in a train station which is an historical building itself. It's young and cool, with a funky design and lots of easygoing people running it. Lisbon Destination Hostel feels like home.

The staffs were really supportable.

Wonderful hostel with lots of organized activities throughout the day. You're also able to visit the other two affiliate hostels in other neighborhoods in Lisbon.

The staff was super friendly and helpful, the main area is awesome with plenty to do and something for everyone. If you are looking to meet people this is the spot, or if you are like us and need a relaxing, quiet stay this is also the spot. The main area has tons of free games, hammocks to read in, open and big kitchen, etc. There were many guests reading, playing games or having some drinks in this main area. From our room though, we didn't hear anything and felt safe. DEFINITELY STAY HERE

• 8th Aug 2015

Perhaps the most efficiently run and well-equipped hostel I have stayed in. Clean, comfortable (definitely the most luxurious showers of any hostel I've ever stayed in!!!) The hostel runs a variety of highly recommended tours as well on which you can hang out with guests from other hostels and the staff that do these are great fun.

Loved the atmosphere! It was very family friendly and still had that teen edge to it. Also loved how Green the Hostel was. Go world!

by far the best hostel I stayed at on my month long trip. the staff were awesome and the place was funky and had a chill vibe. they have two other sister hostels that you can also enjoy. location is amazing and easy to get to from the airport by public transit. WiFi worked great. can't say enough nice things about this hostel. communal breakfast is a great way to meet other travellers. 5 star rating all round! *****

If I could, I would have reviewed more than excellent for the Staff! The hostel itself if perfect, but they make it juste even better!

I just recommend this hostel! Everything was more than my expectations! First the location: It is very central and easy to find, the way discription was very helpfu! We hadn't have to search for the hostel! The staff at the hostel was VERY friendly and obliging! (altough i've to say portuese people were very friendly and courteous) The atmosphsere there was very relaxing and the hostel was clean ( surethere were some grubbyvisitors who couldn't use toilet brush) THANK YOU!

I don't know why people made this hostel be ranked so high. When I came there for the check-in on the first day, I had to wait more than 50mins. It sucked definetily. Nowhere could be slow than this hostel. Staff were joking themselves rather than working hard for travelers' check-in. When I told them I had been waiting more than 40mins, they answered me that they knew it and there are also people who had been wating longer than me. Customer service sucked as well as facilities. Unrecommended.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

I can't say enough about this hostel. It's beautiful, welcoming, and the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff go out of their way to help and be friendly. The environment is wonderful, and the food is good as well. I have nothing negative to say at all.

Really nice hostel although it depends whom you have to share with! I didn't get much sleep as the people in my room were very inconsiderate and made a noise most of the night. Not the hostels fault! They were extremely friendly and helpful and the hostel is really nice. Privacy curtains were a bonus and a lockable cage underneath your bed which we didn't pay extra for. Great location and breakfast to set you up for the day ahead!

I would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone. The staff is very nice, helpful and you feel they are happy to work there. The hostel is excellent in terms of comfort, design and location. They also have an instilled ecologist awareness that makes you feel that they run their business with professionalism and attention to details. I will stay there again for sure if I go back to Lisbon

• 18th Jul 2015