Lisbon Destination Hostel Reviews

Rossio Train Station, Second Floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Stunning hostel located in the city. Environment really friendly. Excellent helpful and friendly staff: (receptionists Andrea, Roberta, Marta as well as night receptionist). Special marks go to Pedro, the Sintra tour guide: funny, kind and gave us plenty of interesting info. Also the pub crawl guide was really great. Only negative: a plaster sticked on the handle of my bed and some used old tissues in the personal bin beside my bed...this could have been better...

• 14th Oct 2014

The hostel in itself is very good. The only thing is that showers remind me of an execution room (dark walls inside), and the wooden door looks like the one they put on building sites, for temporary use. Otherwise it is very clean. Decoration is a bit impersonal. Feels like a boarding school. They also gave a member from the staff, Rafael, who has a soul like an angel.

Nice and modern hostel right in the center of Lisbon. Great location for sightseeing as well as nightlife. Despite its location next to the central station its still very quite. Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is great. I had the impression during my stay that there a lot of "older" people staying here and even groups of tourists. I don't think its a typical backpackers hostel making it more difficult to meet new people which is a shame if you're travelling on your own.

I have travelled extensively and I can say this is one of the best properties I have stayed at. The location is fantastic and the staff are so kind and helpful -- the organized events were a great way to meet fellow travelers and explore the city. I look forward to staying here the next time I visit Lisbon!

Liked: all the basics were perfect, common area was great with all the bedrooms and kitchen off it, staff were really helpful, tours offered were great value, interesting, and run by people genuinely interested in showing off the city and country (definitely do the sintra trip!) disliked: difficult to balance fresh air in the bedroom vs noise from the street at night - either both or none overall: worthy of the high rating! I stayed 2 extra days

I'd like to thank the staff here for returning my friend's dress to her which she had left behind - it was really good of them to help us out and we're really grateful. I also felt as if the beds were very comfortable and having the curtains around the beds is an awesome idea. The personal power sockets are also something I loved. Thanks for going out of the way to help us guys, and thanks for the great Portuguese dinners too. Until next time!

This is one of my favorites among Lisbon's excellent hostels. Location is perfect, staff is friendly, price is affordable. They have spacious female dorms, which is very good, and now they also put curtains around the cozy beds and private fans and lights in each bed. The only thing I would mention as not ideal is that you have to keep on pressing the bottom on the shower to keep water running. This is tricky when you have to wash long hair. I strongly recommend Lisbon Destination Hostel.

No doubt, The best Hostel I've stayed.

Super clean and great facilities. Dorms are really private. Would probably recommend to people travelling in groups rather than solo travellers but either way, had a great stay.

An excellent place to stay and I recommend to all.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent hostel. Just stay here!

I haven't met better staff at a hostel than the crew here!

• 29th Sep 2014

Grest hostel

Just bloody marvelous. What a treat! Felt like an absolute haven after all the other hostels we stayed in- which doesn't mean to say they were bad at all, but just that this one is darn glorious. Super convenient for Sintra fun as well! Thanks Lisbon destination hostel you absolute beauty

Great Hostel, just keep going!! Thanks

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Nicer than my own home

Hostel staff were enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about Lisbon and the best places to go. They managed to make you feel very at home and it helped to create an atmosphere among all the travelers that was friendly and positive. The showers were clean and hot and the beds were comfy. Maria's cooking was amazing, and the group meals are good to make friends. Would definitely stay here again.

Literally the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Felt like walking into paradise after having spent a few weeks in still good but more your bog standard kind of hostel. This felt like luxury and it was a real treat to come home every day. Not to mention all the excellent tours and events, the perfect location and the attentive staff.

By far one of the most laid back hostels you'll ever visit - that photo of the communal area, it's a great place to kick back after a long day of sightseeing. The staff will become your new best friends within minutes - Thaiz and Chris in particular were fantastic; they're incredibly proactive and go beyond the call of duty to make their guests happy. The rooms are sound-proofed (good move!) and the rooms and lockers are keycard accessed, so very secure! Clean and looked after. Well priced.

Hostel is good, has big dorms with comfy beds and nice bathrooms. Curtain, power outlets and lights on each bed which is good. Breakfast is above average, common area is great. Most of the staff are helpful but there are a couple who aren't really willing to help which is a shame as the others were amazing! The kitchen is good but it's hard to make your own breakfast

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7