Lisbon Destination Hostel Reviews

Rossio Train Station, Second Floor, Lisbon, Portugal

We've (my mum (57) and me (27)) been in the hostel for four nights and it was amazing. Great staff, great location, great hostel. We walked in and thought "WOW"! Breakfast was like in a families home. :) I'll for sure come back! I told my boyfriend already and made him looking forward to it.

• 10th Mar 2014

Really good hostel in the heart of lisboa. The rooms are very clean and the bathroom and toilets are clean and brandnew...They have a really well equipped kitchen with fabolous free breakfast including juice, tea, coffee and mr. finns fantastic pancakes..;-) The lounge is a nice place to hang out, there is a piano, chess board and easy to catch up with others...And hostel offers a lot of activities like city walks, and fado music night outs in the city...A great hostel to experience lisboa ;-)

Great location, especially if you plan to visit Sintra (do it!), but also for metro connections. Very clean rooms, and super interior design with a lot of extra facilities (shower was a bit small in private room though). Breakfast is generally sweet, no salty stuff (meat, eggs, etc.), and the pancakes are awesome!

I don't think I have anything to complain at all. Just the location of the toilets was somewhat far from my room.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • India

The Lisbon Destination Hostel - Rossio is thus far one of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe. The staff are very kind, helpful, and always going out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant experience. A massive common area with a gorgeous skylight, a free pool table, and always clean as can be, the list goes on. Needless to say I didn't want to leave and I will most definitely be back!

Well run, with good location and clean facility. One of the best hostel I have stayed. Good value for money.

The location was amazing and the hostel gorgeous! The facility was so neat being in the train station and yet so modern and nearly done! The only problem was with all the open space it was hard to find a quite well lite area at night and you could hear most of the partying in the rooms. I was only there for one night so I feel it would have been an better experience if I had had time to meet more people and do some of the activities. Still a good experience though!

I have stayed in so many hostels around the world and this by far is rank # 1 on my list. I felt so welcomed when I arrived. The staff were great! They invited me for walking tours, movie nights, dine out, and Fado! If anybody is thinking of booking some tours in Viator just booked through the hostel and you will save tons like I did.

Aside from the few encounters with some of the female staff who were rather cold and downright unpleasant, my friend and I loved this place. The building itself is magnificent and it by far the most comfortable clean and beautiful hostel I've ever been to. The location is perfect and you can walk to all the sightseeing places. Breakfast is delicious and filling. I will recommend it !

The best hostel I've stayed! Great staff in Rossio unit, and specialized ( people taking care of the kitchen, other people concentrated in the reservations ) The place where the welcome words are at the first place, not the restrictions. There are extra blankets in the room ( not common in other hostels ). Average sound proof walls. The double rooms aren't cheap but they are very confortable. I suggest non aderent ( teflon ) fridges ( it was hard to prepare dish like a omlete ).

Great and unique place ! I highly recommend !

Very good hostel. The location is perfect, upstairs on a beautiful train station in the heart of Lisbon. The staff was helpful, and they are really safe. You have a card that opens only your door and locker, wristband to access the hostel after midnight and the atmosphere is great. I would definitely stay there again and suggest to all my friends. Great job guys. :D

What an amazing trip to Lisbon! All the staff is super friendly, greeting you with enthusiasm at the door, and making you feel like it's your home. Rooms were perfect and clean, they had awesome music playing all the time in the common area, and it was just easy to hang out there. I signed up for a few tours, and the tour guides are awesome! Pedro was super fun, sociable and knowledgeable. Daniel took us on the Sintra tour and was also wonderful. Highly recommend! :)

• 13th Feb 2014

Great hostel with friendly staff

Really nice hostel right in the centre of Lisbon in a beautiful building of Rossio Station. Rooms and facilities are clean and available in a sufficient amount. Their chef cooks dinner every evening. But what makes this hostel one of the best I have ever been to is its staff. They are friendly, helpful at any time and create a very pleasant overall atmosphere. Keep up the good work !

I stayed there only one night. The location is excelent and the place is very nice and clean. One of the staff was too much easy going ending up kinda unpolite... but it was ok. The main problem was that my room was very far from the toilet. I needed to go across the whole hostel. Appart from that it was very very good.

So what makes Destination so special? I've stayed in hostels all over the world but never felt so warmly welcomed as at this one. If you enter this place it feels like meeting old friends. It's clean with great fascilities and natural light. They offer city tours, BBQ's and delcious portuguese dinner at low prices. It's one of those places where you can chose between lying in the hammock while reading a book, talking and cooking with people or just playing billiard whle drinking a beer.

Nice hostel, clean, great staff, they offer nice activities. No complaints!

Wonderful place, nice forniture! staff 10!

• 1st Feb 2014

Great location, especially if you intend on taking the train to Sintra, the tracks are right there as soon as you walk out of the hostel! We were in two different rooms. The first was a twin with shared bathroom and the view from this room was great. Good facilities, nice breakfast and a great common area.