Lisbon Destination Hostel Reviews

Rossio Train Station, Second Floor, Lisbon, Portugal

It was great place to stay, as a female travelingalone I always felt safe and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and willing to go that extra mile to make your stay great. !The tours offered were also really good, a great way to get to the city.

• 29th Jul 2014

We loved this hostel!! The staff are all incredibly welcoming, fun, friendly people; they make this place what it is. Location is perfect- loved that the train to Sintra was literally just outside the hostel door- and great access to everything in Lisbon. The best bar scene and great restaurants are just outside the train station. The food served for dinner was excellent and a great deal for the price. Loved the decor and the super laid back vibe. I 100% recommend and hope to stay here again!

If you're visiting Lisbon, this is the place to stay! Situated in the very center of a magnificent railway station, this hostel is a tourist attraction in itself. The staff is nice, facilities great and location, of course, superb. And although the hostel is located in the very centre of the city, the rooms are quiet as they've been soundproofed. All in all, this is probably the best hostel I've ever been to. Can't wait to go back some day!

It seems almost fishy that a hostel has such a location, is so well-designed and yet is quite easy on the budget. Everything worked suspiciously good even if the place could do with some character not rising from the design choices. All and all, the staff was nice, the breakfast was good and there was s pretty good social atmosphere while the visitors were still secured a good night of sleep.

We had such a fun time in this hostel. Met some great people and the activities there are well planned out and organized. It's great if traveling in a group or alone. Our only complaint is about one of the staff members who wears a leather jacket around. He is very unprofessional and actually quite rude. He was not very helpful and always replied with an attitude. We were not the only people to notice this. Other then him our experience had been one of our best so far in Europe.

What a great place to stay and amazing way to experience Lisbon!

I arrived with a 2 day reservation, and ended up staying almost a month. Such a pleasant surprise to find such a well run hostel, with such friendly and genuine staff. The place is immaculate, cleaner than my mother's kitchen; and she loves to clean! The beds are great, showers ample and plenty, dinners cheap and tasty, tours fun and informative. I lost count how many times I did the pub crawl, its well worth it. Destination Rossio will always be my home and family in Lisbon. Muito Obrigado! :)

Excellent place to stay. We are a family with 2 teenagers. We had a private room. The patio and the kitchen are very nice to have a rest or to meet people. The staff was great. We all love this place.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I stayed in this hostel during 1 week with my girlfriend , and we had an AMAZING time in there :) The staff is really nice and everytime you have a question , they can help you at anytime . There is a 24h reception which is really good . You 're right in the center of the city so it's another good point . The breakfast is great , and the rooms are SUPER clean and comfy , I totally recommand this place . There's a pool , a piano , cards , chess , a bar ... Arthur and Pauline

I had a wonderful time at Lisbon Destination Hostel. It's at a great location, and the walking tours were fabulous. The Sintra tour is absolutely worth doing! Thank you Quinn, Anna, and Daniel! I really enjoyed the breakfast with the crepes and fresh fruit, too. Overall, great atmosphere, very clean, and the staff was really lovely, and always willing to give directions or help with any questions. I would definitely come here again next time I'm in Lissabon. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 17th Jul 2014

Can't say enough about this hostel. By far the nicest staff I have met in years of traveling. Super location and very chilled atmosphere. Highly recommend.

very cool, open building, with a good vibe. bathrooms where nice and clean, beds where comfortable. would stay again!

Awesome hostel! Great location, gorgeous set up, brilliant breakfasts, super comfy and generously sized beds, rad common area, palm trees and hammocks, great staff (except one dude who was rather rude) and an all round wonderful experience. Highly recommend!

The hostel was in a great location - on a metro line and a ten minute walk to river. The facilities were modern and clean, with comfortable beds and reliable lockers for each bed. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was great and included fresh crepes! As a guest, you have access to the other Destination hostels including one with a rooftop pool and view of the river. Definitely a great value for the money!

Probably one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed it. Absolutely beautiful with an amazing lobby/common room. Well equipped kitchen, TV room, pool table and amazing chilling area. Also gets you access to the other "Destination" hostels! Location is central and great. Staff were helpful. Loved this place!

Great place, great rooms, breakfast, location and organised tours.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! So clean and the staff is incredibly helpful. It's pretty easy to find and the atmosphere inside is incredible! So modern and chic. I would 100% recommend this hostel to any traveler!

Travelled with a group of friends and as soon as we reached the hostel, the staff were very welcoming and made us feel relaxed straight away.It has a very chilled out vibe with daily activities on offer and good breakfast everyday (pancakes !).The dorm beds are comfy and there's curtains on the beds to add a bit of privacy as well as soundproof shutters on the window in the dorm to block out any noise.Would definitely recommend this hostel, great location, friendly fun staff and great guests.:)

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Wales

I've stayed in many hostels but this was the best hostel I've been to by far! Awesome vibe, awesome staff, awesome location. They really do a great job at making everyone feel like they're at home. Extended my stay because the guests and the staff were so amazing! I will definitely stay here again!

• 6th Jul 2014

Hey I really have to say i feel in love with that hostle! The people which work there are nearlly all travelers too so they know us pretty well. I felt so familary there and they help you with everything. Cheers, david :-)

• 5th Jul 2014