Lisbon Destination Hostel Reviews

Rossio Train Station, Second Floor, Lisbon, Portugal

1975 Total Reviews

Great Hostel, Kind staff, great breakfast.

Nicest staff, super clean, amazing atmosphere and storng wifi :)

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

The room I slept in had two doors, one to the corridor, the other to the bathroom, which was common to the whole floor. I noticed this last door was not locked, and every person of the hostel could come into the room, accessing through the bathroom. From my point of view, this is a tiny security breach. Beside, my lock under the bed could not close properly (it was always open) which may not be the best in security matter. However, every people I met was very kind and I never felt in danger;)

• 14th Sep 2014

I only stayed one night but the hostel made me want to stay longer! The staff is super dedicated, the atmosphere is amazing and the rooms are clean, organized and confy! I was really pleased to have stayed there!! I highly recommend this hostel!! Hope to come back soon!!

• 13th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Beautifully clean, good sized dorm rooms with lockers, amazingly helpful and lovely staff. The communal space in the center of the hostel was a great space to spend time in - comfortable, friendly and homely. The kitchen had lots of space and everything you could need to cook with (and of course exceptionally clean), breakfast was great (fruit, pancakes, toast). The daily social events provided good opportunities to meet people and see Lisbon.

• 13th Sep 2014

I'm not usually one to write hostel reviews but you absolutely must stay at Desintation Hostel when you visit Lisbon! The staff were friendly, giving us a personal tour of the hostel upon arrival. Hostel really well designed, with beanbags, a guitar and a piano- very chilled. Our four bed private room with ensuite was spotless- I also used the public showers and they were spotless too. Breakfast fantastic- homemade pancakes and fresh bread and fruit every morning. Free walking tour a must do!

The staff is friendly and helpful. Their hardwork shows! A quality free breakfast is provided each morning; great way to save money. Affordable 4 course dinners are provided by a trained chef. Great way to meet fellow travelers. If you go to Lisbon, stay here and nowhere else.

• 11th Sep 2014

Excellent location and nice staff.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

shower wasn't hit enough, but everything else was perfect!! Would stay here when I visit Lisbon again!

I really enjoyed my time spent in this hostel and I was sad when I had to leave! Beautiful atmosphere and amazing staff!

• 9th Sep 2014

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

Amazing location and concept! The best hostel I have ever been.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

awesome, really

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

Really good hostel. Couldn't fault the location and facilities. Really chilled atmosphere and a good spread at breakfast too. I would definitely stay again.

One of the cleanest and coolest hostels I've stayed in. Really nice common room filled with beanbags and hammocks. Cleaners working around the clock. Activities on everyday and night. Family dinners are good value and the free breakfast is a good spread. Would recommend to anyone going to Lisbon.

This hostel has one of the best staff I've ever seen; furthermore, the range of activities (indoors and outdoors) is consistent. The breakfast, included in the price, was OK. The dinner was very good, with an outstanding quality to price ratio. The only downside I can think of is that there could have been more toilets available. Cleanliness was good, nonetheless.

Didn't have long enough here! Loved the dinners.

Perfect to meet other people

This place is wonderful!! If this is rated 5th in the world, I want to see the others to see what could be approved upon! I stayed there twice: 3 nights in August 2014 in a private room, and 2 nights in a 6 room mixed dorm weeks later. The breakfast is fantastic; the staff friendly, helpful and welcoming; the side trip to Sintra worth the money; and Maria's traditional Portuguese meal was the best meal I had in Portugal! All this by a 62 yo single woman, not the 'standard demographic'!

• 28th Aug 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in so far. Great staff, location, facility and most importantly city!