Lisbon Lounge Hostel Reviews

Rua de Sao Nicolau, 41st, Lisbon, Portugal

Awesome. Super nice staff. Keep up the good job!

Me and my best friend stayed here before in 2013 and decided to come back. We had a wonderful time in Lisbon. Especially the staff is very friendly and always there to help out. Last time we loved the hostel dinner and this time the food was very good, too. But the athmosphere was different, there were too many people in the kitchen.

Major disappointment. Downsides include lack of air conditioning, which made staying in both the bottom and the top bunk very unpleasant. From our room, directly next to the common areas, we could hear all the noise of the hostel. While we initially wrote this off as other backpackers having fun, it wasn't until the last two nights that I realized the noise was from the reception attendants and their drunk friends hanging out and not understanding volume control.

• 16th Aug 2015

Miguel should open up a restaurant. His cooking was that good :)

The best: The staff was super kind and always available and willing to help! I would only improve the privacy to the toilette, specially on the top floor.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Was recommended here by three individual friends, and Lisbon lounge did not disappoint! Maguels dinner is a MUST, best value in town! Lots and lots of wine, he's the best cook! Hostel was friendly and easy to meet other travellers. Huge sturdy beds and big locker to fit all belongings. Only down side the air con was broken in my room, but lisbon cools down of a night anyway! Pub crawl was fun. Ample clean toilets/showers never had to wait. I'll be back.

Only if there's an aircon in my room, then it would be perfect.

I think this Hostel is one of the world's greatest hostels! It's so easy to get in contact with everybody, the people working there are so nice and funny. We really enjoyed being part of the Lisbon Lounge Crowd for a while. If we'll go ever back to Lisbon that'll be defintiv our place to stay in :)

• 8th Aug 2015

The location is great, next to the parts of Lisbon. The hostel could definitely do with more bathroom though. On our there was only three showers - including one closed due to an infiltration - and two toilets. And there was two 8 beds dorms and two rooms .. Clearly it's not enough.

• 2nd Aug 2015

You need at least 2 separate cooking appliance so that any customer feels like cooking then they don't have to wait.

• 29th Jul 2015

This hostel is absolutely amazing! I slept in an 8-bed dorm & then a 4-bed dorm during my second stay, and both rooms were very clean & comfortable. The hostel hosts many activities, including tours in & around the city, pub crawls and delicious home-cooked Portuguese dinners for only 10€. Breakfast is included: usually crepes or eggs. There are several lounges for hanging out or doing work around the hostel. The location is central and you can walk everywhere. Decor & atmosphere are excellent.

This hostel is in a great location, and there are loads of other hostels nearby. The place was extremely clean, and the kitchen was big and well stocked. However, we found that during our 4 day stay, people mostly stuck to themselves and the common area was typically empty. Overall, it was nice, but lacked the hostel camaraderie.

We loved staying at the Lisbon Lounge. The rooms were bright, airy, and extremely clean. The kitchen was huge and great to cook in. While staying at the hostel, we participated in a few of the activities that they offered. The fado night was great and very enjoyable- at a local bar in Alfama. The sintra day tour was amazing and I would highly recommend. And the dinner at the hostel was superb. The staff was attentive and helpful!

Perfect location, staff more than happy to help with anything, spacious rooms and clean bathrooms, highly recommend!

Thanks for a great stay!

I add an amazing stay there. The hostel is well located right at the center of the city. Cannot get better for better value. I totally recommend that place and I'll go back again.

Amazing hostel that we plan on returning to for our second stint in Lisbon. Cannot fault anything about the hostel. Great beds, facilities, staff, decor, location and breakfast! The hostel was very clean also. We recommend doing the dinner at the hostel for 10euro it was an awesome way to meet people and the food was great. Overall fantastic experience!!

we just loved thi stay in family at the Lounge Hostel, everything was well imagined, staff was so kind and usefull and the general athmosphere was exellent. Perfect situation as well. Surely we will comme back and advice the place..

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Great location and great modern, clean hostel! My only two gripes were that there were no powerpoints next to the beds in the dorms (only in the lockers under the beds) and that there was no AC in the rooms (which didn't bother me until I found out that other, similarly priced hostels in Lisbon fid have AC).

We had a great time in Lisbon and the hostel was perfectly located, clean, relaxed and spacious. The best thing about it was the very friendly staff who were knowledgeable and went out of their way to help us. Thanks and I will recommend Lisbon Lounge!

• 17th Jul 2015