Lisbon Old Town Hostel Reviews

Rua do Ataide 26A, Lisbon, Portugal

Pronably the best hostel I've staid at in 8 weeks of travelling. Really nice athmosphere & the staff was amazing, everyone wanted to help. Small but nice breakfast in the morning, everything perfect! Thanks for the awesome time I had there!

Second time here after 6 years, and it was even better !! :)

Lovely old building, clean, friendly.

Such a great time, the people, the place, the food, everything just so good?

People are very friendly and the staff were also very friendly and supportive. I had a very good memory of my stay in this 'hostel. If you travel alone and want a family-like atmosphere, I strongly recommend this place!

Loved it! Would stay there again!

Great place, I highly recommend it

• 26th May 2015

Very big room, and asocial hostel even though it wasn't that many visitors there. A great reseptionist Portugise version of Juan..

• 23rd May 2015
  • Norway

Great staff, very helpful and informative. Great central location. Good showers and fast wifi. Can't wrong.

Great location and really friendly staff were the highlights for me. The other guests were also really friendly and social and it created a great atmosphere within the Hostel as a whole, keep it up! :)

• 14th May 2015

Great location in the middle of the city, huge rooms/dorms, it does not even seem to be in a 10-persons dorm, spacious lockers (with locks), and everything is really clean. Simple breakfast is included. Super friendly and very helpful staff ! Cannot imagine a better deal in town. The only small drawback are the toilet/showers - at least in the first floor they are directly on the corridor and so if somebody opens the door while you get in or out of the shower you'll be on full-view.

The friendliest staff you can imagine!

• 8th May 2015

Very nice hostel, easy to find and centrally located. Breakfast is included, which is really convenient. The staff was always friendly and prepared to answer questions The only downside was the noise, there was a group of children upstairs who made a lot of noise because they were running around all day. Overall I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends

• 19th Apr 2015

I had never ever stayed in a Hostel until this one and I gotta say it surprised me a lot. I couldn't believe how clean it was! We had dinner the first night and it was delicious. Breakfast is complete, the people are so nice (specially Dolores) they try to help you in everything they can and the location of the place is good. I'm definitely coming back.

This is the best Hostel I've ever stayed at. Joao and his father (the owners) put lots of effort in making this place so welcoming to new people that you almost feel home after just a few minutes. I was received with an amazing dinner, the rooms were very nice, toilets clean and living room areas great, they had guitars and nice music inside too. Also there was a Pub Crawl (fun). They recommended nice places to visit and made my short stay amazing, now I love Lisbon and certainly will come back.

Great place in a central location. Staff were all extremely welcoming and knowledgeable.

The hostel was very large, the two floors were set up very well; though it was challenging to get wifi on the top floor. Our bedroom was very large but the beds were the squeakiest. The security for the hostel was great, you were always buzzed in and had your own keys for bedroom/lockers. Breakfast was typical and the kitchen was fairly equipt (maybe sharpen the knives). The bathrooms were okay, not a lot of privacy. The staff were helpful when needed and located fairly central.

Very good atmosphere inside your house, very friendly and open-minded. As we were traveling as a group, we were partly responsible for the noise pollution (sorry again ;)), the noise level during breakfast time (till noon) on the ground floor did not bother us.

• 26th Feb 2015

Recommend it to other backpackers.

The welcome was great by the guy who works there. The French lady was ok, but not great. I would praise them on their couches and availability of a kitchen. The breakfast was fine. Great stay!