Lisbon Old Town Hostel

9.5
Superb 1541 Total Reviews

• Argentina, All Male Group, 18-24
19th Jul 2017

Hostel espectacular. Cuartos grandes, cómodos, frescos y con lockers. Baños limpios y siempre disponibles y gente muy buena onda juntandose a tomar todas las noches

• USA, Male, 31-40
19th Jul 2017

Absolutely loved my stay here. The staff were incredibly amazing and hospitable. The atmosphere and vibes were perfect. The rooms were massive and very clean.

• Portugal, Female, 18-24
19th Jul 2017

Lisbon old town hostel is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Everyone is welcoming. When I asked if I could hang out in the common room to wait for my late flight, not only did Joao reply, "Of course, you are home here" but I stayed for the dinner that night as well which was beautifully prepared by Dolores. Eric was extremely friendly and welcoming as well. I cannot recommend this hostel highly enough.

• aletiacrip8375
  • New Zealand, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Jul 2017

Awesome helpful staff. Great atmosphere and events, Sangria night and the Pub Crawl both really fun. Big rooms and they wash and hang laundry for small fee.

• janori95
  • Scotland, Male, 18-24
10th Jul 2017

Was lacking a bit in atmosphere but I think that was just due to their being a trip booked when I went but i can only judge on what I experienced. Everything else was class. Staff are absolutely awesome!

Uepá M., thanks a lot for your good sense of evaluation. You are correct that we didn't organize anything in the only day you were here because we had a group taking away our attention. Also because you come on a Monday and the weekend was very intense with the ALIVE festival and the Samba Party on Sunday which most of us attended. Anyway, sorry for that, now we are on full power and we invite you to come and stay with us again for guaranteed fun!!! Big Hug from Lisbon, João Ferreira

7th Jul 2017

An old Portuguese mansion turned into a cozy hostel creates the perfect atmosphere to experience Lisbon. Located in the traditional neighborhood of Chiado, it is easy to access by subway or train. Walking distance from Camoes square (great food) and Bairro Alto (amazing night life). The staff deserves a special thanks. Everyone was really kind to me, always checking if everything was ok. After a month travelling alone, Lisbon just felt like home, thanks to them!

• Italy, Female, 25-30
4th Jul 2017

My friend and I had a great time at Lisbon Old Town Hostel. The staff was very nice and available and the atmosphere was very relaxed, the room was bright and clean. I love that they keep breakfast going until all guests had it.

Uepá S., I loved all the adjectives you use to classify the hostel: great, very nice and available, relaxed, bright and clean!!! Thanks a lot for using them to describe us. The endless breakfast is one of our relaxed "non rules" that keeps people well fed, strong, happy and in the perfect mood for the rest of the day. In our point of view, nobody should ever stay without breakfast ;-) Hope to see you again soon. Big Kiss from Lisbon, João Ferreira

• jordanpickard28
  • Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
4th Jul 2017

Rooms are very big and beds are quality. The staff are the best thing though, they were very nice and genuinely cared and were always up for a chat! Breakfast was decent and the location is very central to many bars!

Uepá J., your review is top ;-) Thanks for referring the comfy beds and the big size of our rooms, which are two characteristics that we are known for ;-) Our hostel is very central in all aspects, but being located in the most cosmopolitan hill of the city and close to the epicenter of Lisbon's nightlife, makes it especially appealing for people who like to party like you guys ;-) Big hug for you and the boys,be sure we will be here next time you come back with all our genuine care to receive you, João Ferreira

• Canada, Male, 18-24
4th Jul 2017

Very friendly staff; always willing to help out or call a cab. Kitchen was very clean. One night there was a dinner in the hostel for 10€ which was comprised of local Portuguese dishes and nearly unlimited wine - pretty good bang for your buck (value for money) and a great way to meet your fellow hostelmates.

Uepá Q., thanks for the wonderful review. Especially for referring the dinner which we organize regularly to make independent travelers meet and share their energies. We also organize Sangria Nights and 'Petiscos' Nights, all with Portuguese traditional recipes. Big Hug and don't be shy to come and visit us again ;-)

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017

This was my first time by myself in a hostel and Lisbon Old Town Hostel made it such a great experience! The staff is so friendly and helpful, they make you feel at home right away! They gave me a great itinerary on things to explore, which was really useful! Even though I was staying in a room of 8, it didn't feel overcrowded (the room is quite big) and there wasn't too much noise! The showers are nice too and the breakfast was good! Thank you again for everything guys :) - Fiona

Uepá F., I love reviews of first timers in hostels, especially if they are so positive. I liked particularly to know that you felt so welcome and at home. Thanks a lot for pointing out the big size of the rooms, the fact that you felt comfortable and it was quite at night, and especially our powerful new showers ;-) Don't be shy to come back whenever you feel like and be sure that we will have a lot of brand new information on what to do and see in Lisbon... always!!! Big Kiss from all the staff, João Ferreira