Lisbon Old Town Hostel Reviews

Rua do Ataide 26A, Lisbon, Portugal

I had never ever stayed in a Hostel until this one and I gotta say it surprised me a lot. I couldn't believe how clean it was! We had dinner the first night and it was delicious. Breakfast is complete, the people are so nice (specially Dolores) they try to help you in everything they can and the location of the place is good. I'm definitely coming back.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Peru

This is the best Hostel I've ever stayed at. Joao and his father (the owners) put lots of effort in making this place so welcoming to new people that you almost feel home after just a few minutes. I was received with an amazing dinner, the rooms were very nice, toilets clean and living room areas great, they had guitars and nice music inside too. Also there was a Pub Crawl (fun). They recommended nice places to visit and made my short stay amazing, now I love Lisbon and certainly will come back.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Great place in a central location. Staff were all extremely welcoming and knowledgeable.

The hostel was very large, the two floors were set up very well; though it was challenging to get wifi on the top floor. Our bedroom was very large but the beds were the squeakiest. The security for the hostel was great, you were always buzzed in and had your own keys for bedroom/lockers. Breakfast was typical and the kitchen was fairly equipt (maybe sharpen the knives). The bathrooms were okay, not a lot of privacy. The staff were helpful when needed and located fairly central.

Very good atmosphere inside your house, very friendly and open-minded. As we were traveling as a group, we were partly responsible for the noise pollution (sorry again ;)), the noise level during breakfast time (till noon) on the ground floor did not bother us.

• 26th Feb 2015

Recommend it to other backpackers.

The welcome was great by the guy who works there. The French lady was ok, but not great. I would praise them on their couches and availability of a kitchen. The breakfast was fine. Great stay!

My third time staying and It's an excellent hostel,great location and very friendly staff..my only gripe this time was how uncomfortable my bunk bed was,like sleeping on the floor...apart from that highly recommend.

• 18th Feb 2015

The hostel was almost perfect.Everything was vey nice,the atmopshere was really good and the staff really helpful.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Greece

Good Location , staff for the money. Small cute hostel with domestic atmosphere

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

I love this hostel! Staff is very friendly,kind and knows everything about Lisbon and interesting events. I wan't to come back and spend very speshial days in this hostel!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Equipe super receptiva. Obrigada pela estadia :)

Incredible hostel, you just have to watch out when you are in the toilette because there isn't any kind of lock, but don't worry about it, the staff is awesome, the commodities are great and you'll have a nice free breakfast waiting for you in the morning, also you'll be in an incredibly place near city center, about 10 minutes walking, and also from the Rossio Station, so you won't have to worry about taking public transportation to go to these main places.

I have traveled to dozens of countries stayed at hundreds of hostels but I have hardly seen anyone so nice, caring, thoughtful, helpful and welcoming as Joao (takes some practice to pronounce this name right) EXCEPTIONALLY nice!!! He is genuinely interested in your travels and tries to give you the best ideas.To tell you the truth, after all these years I didn't expect to see this anymore, please everyone go stay there and check around the weekends when this wonderful chatty bloke is there.

Awesome hostel, as always

• 11th Dec 2014

The atmosphere deserves 10 stars.

• 10th Dec 2014

I don't have a bad word to say about this hostel. Location was great, right next to cais do sodre station, and a whole bunch of bars and pubs are within 5 minutes walking distance. The hostel was incredibly clean and well looked after and the staff were great, super friendly and helpful. Free sangria and chorizo in the evening added a special touch, especially when made by Luisa :D Would definitely stay there again if (when) I return to Lisboa. Obrigado!

Wondeful place to stay!!

Really spacious rooms, good location. Everything is within very close walking distance, especially nightlife district. Atmosphere pretty good, wish they had a bar or organized evening events though. Stayed for 4 nights, definitely would have stayed longer had I not had other plans.

All honesty, the bathrooms or location wasn't the very best, but it really doesn't matter - this place is the best. I've even backpacking for 4 months now and this has been one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Atmosphere and staff are the best parts this hostel has to offer. Kitchen and common rooms are clean and cozy.