Lisbon Old Town Hostel

Superb 1463 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 1463 Total Reviews

25th May 2017

Good location, decent rooms, love the windows in the room, nice staff.

23rd May 2017

Best hostel I have ever stayed in!

18th May 2017

One of the best hostels I've been in!!! Atmosphere can't be beat. Inviting common areas, cool people, super friendly and chill staff. Plentiful hot water in the many showers, free towels, solid kitchens and lovely decor and fun vibe. The amazing, always-smiling staff make you feel welcome and give so many great tips, even offering an app to help you explore Lisbon. I loved my stay here, 100% got what I hoped for and enthusiastically recommend Old Town hostel.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017

I could not have had a better first hostel experience than at the Old Town Hostel. The staff were friendly, the facilities were lovely and the whole atmosphere was charming and homely. As a solo traveler arriving at my first stop, I settled in instantly and felt right at home. The location is central and in a really cool area near lots of awesome bars and restaurants. I was so sad to leave, but hopefully I will be back one day :( !

15th May 2017

The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. Showers and toilets were great. I met amazing friends that really made my stay in Lisbon a very memorable one.

14th May 2017

Can't say enough good things about this hostel! The staff are so friendly and knowledgeable, and are always willing to help. The hostel itself is really lovely, an old building with character, beautiful hardwood floors, and cozy thoughtful decor. It was easy to meet people and it was a nice mix of travelers of all ages. The only thing to keep in mind if that the female dorm is right above the smoking area, so if you are sensitive to smoke, you'll have to keep the windows closed.

12th May 2017

Amazing amazing hostel with the most genuine, caring staff. Everyone working here is a true character who can provide great suggestions on things to do in the city. The hostel itself is great too.. it feels like a home with two kitchens and many living rooms (used to be a home). The rooms are really spacious. Breakfast is also a little better than a standard hostel breakfast with cereals and toast. One day I even had AVOCADO toast! SO GREAT! Highly recommend this place

Your adjectives to describe us are all I wanted to read today: "amazing, genuine and caring". Thanks a million ;-) Really cool that you realised the hostel used to be a family house. Originally it belonged to an aristocratic family from the 18th century, when families were big and space was not a problem. That is why the rooms are so big and there are so many common areas. We chose to keep it original and I think most of the guests love it like that, because there is always a place available for all kinds of people. Some calm, some more social and alive ;-) Big Kiss from Lisbon and hope to see you and your great smile soon, João Ferreira

6th May 2017

Beautiful location, less than a 10 minute walk from the water and the metro. I walked in the door and was immediately greeted by name (based on my reservation), very welcoming. I was recovering from going out the night before and fortunately I happened to arrive on a fairly chill night, though he said it was usually more lively (that was fine with me though cause I just needed to sleep!). The building is nice, showers are hot, lockers are big, & the staff are absolutely outstanding! Great stay.

Uepá N., thank a lot for the amazing review. The day you arrived was really our transition day from a party period to a calm period, so I was afraid that you and other independent travelers would miss some of the normal excitement. In the end everyone was happy, especially me, to know that it was exactly what you needed ;-) Thanks a lot for pointing out the nice building, which is old, but very well taken care of; our new showers, which are the pride of the moment in the hostel; and the welcoming and always available staff, which is our main priority. Big Kiss and hope you have as much fun in Madrid as you had in Lisbon. João Ferreira

3rd May 2017

Had a great time there. The staff was extremely helpful, especially the Brazilian guy.

26th Apr 2017

This was my first stop on my backpacking trip. I was scheduled to stay for 3 days and ended up staying for 5! This hostel has an incredible atmosphere. Maria, Dolores, Juan.l, and Eric and incredible people and really make you feel at home! Beds and space are super clean, and it's located in a perfect spot to wander around. This hostel has started my trip off on an amazing foot. Definitely worth the stay, I might end up going back! :)

Uepá Layla, I am sure you will meet many people and places like us along your trip! Nice people attract nice people ;-) Thanks a million for your review and mainly for sharing your good vibes with us during your stay. Big Kiss and see you very soon, João Ferreira