Lisbon Poets Hostel Reviews

Rua Nova da Trindade, nr.2 - 5th Floor, Chiado, Lisbon, Portugal

Having doubts? Just do it! And that comes from a very demanding Scotsman Be there Sunday and if you're quick. Book in for an authentic Fado experience just round the corner I'm going back to stay there during the San Antonio Festival so it must be good. Right!

I love Lisbon Poets Hostel!! It is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in. The location couldn't be better, although since it is in the center of the city it gets a bit noisy. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, the showers are good and bedrooms are clean. The breakfast is quite good and they have a tour of different parts of the city every day. The other guests were great company and I had a great time here.

• 13th May 2015

Thank you so much for your kind review!

Great hostel! Perfect location and since is in the 5th floor the view is pretty great. nice facilities, clean and the staff really nice and helpful.

Muchas gracias, hasta una próxima vez :-)

The staff are the warmest, friendliest, kindest, most helpful people I have ever met. They genuinely want everyone to enjoy their stay and will do anything they can to help. They gave me maps, directions, tips, offered advice on everything from culture, to food, to night life, and so on. I love all of them! Great hostel, fast free wifi, nice free breakfast, great showers, clean rooms, amazing dinner including unlimited sangria for 10 euros!! Close to everything, this is THE place to stay!

How great it was to have you here, we will truly miss you. Thank you for your kind words and come back soon! Big hug from all the staff ;-)

nice big living room with functional kitchen. staff was mostly friendly and helpful. community dinners were good but not what was advertised on the day I wanted to eat at the hostel

Thank you for sending us a review, we are sorry for not explaining well about the dinners during your check-in. All the best :-)

home away from home

It was absolutely great to meet you. Big big hug. Joana

The sign could be a bit more prominent. At 1 am my group was walking up and down the street and literally stopped in front of the hostel and had no idea where it was. It wasn't until we were walking up and down the other side of the street that we saw the Lisbon Poets Hostel sign and got in. Maybe have it sticking out from the building rather than glued on the side?

Whitney thank you for giving us your review. We thought about the sign but it's really hard for us to get a permission for it. We hope to have you guys back ;-) Thanks a lot

I had a wonderful time at Lisbon Poets Hostel. The staff were extremely accommodating, friendly, and helpful. The hostel looks just like the pictures show and I was very pleased with the atmosphere and surroundings. I would most definitely stay here again on my next trip to Lisbon!

Great location, which provides sightseeing, shopping, dining and public transport opportunities just going out to the street. The hostel itself is cozy, spacious, clean and providing sense of security also. And on top of that, staff is very organized, friendly and helpful! Highly recommended. :)

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Lithuania

Extremely amazing hostel! Very secure, the atmosphere is very warm, staff is proficient, good value for money and breakfast is simple but good and fresh. Definitely coming back!!

Great staff, good breaky, good beds, living room and cheap. What more could you want? The hostel dinner was epic for 10 euros too.

The location of hostel is really good! It's in the center, near to the metro station. The staff is really nice and helpful. The breakfest are fine, but could be more-especially from travellers from other countries than south Europe We met really nice couple from Switzerland-they were amazing! Thank you for putting us in the same room :)

Staff and location are great.

Feel relaxed and comfortable to stay in the hostel. The staff are so nice and Teja is the best (~*~*~). The breakfast is good. Highly recommended!

Me and my group of friends only stayed here for one night, but it was a great experience! The staff was super friendly, the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and it felt extremely homely. Will definitely recommend to all friends!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • India

Poets Hostel is a fantastic place to stay in Lisbon. Located directly next to an underground station, within walking distance of great night life, restaurants, and other area attractions it's ideal. The staff are wonderful hosts, the breakfast great, and the rooms clean, comfortable and spacious. It's also got a great theme with literature and poetry that draws you in even before you fully enter the hostel. Highly recommend and will return again soon!

• 28th Mar 2015

Very best!

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Hungary

This hostel is real good because the atmosphere is very peaceful and the bed is big but the only defect is there are few places to charge my phone. The location is perfect, very near to the main street. Very recommended! I would come back if I have chance.

The hostel had an absolutely phenomenal location and the rooms were clean and comfortable. While the staff were friendly they had little knowledge of restaurants or events in the area. The dinner offered by the hostel was very good and allowed us to meet other guests. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed every minute of Lisbon without having to walk very far.

I highly recommend the Lisbon Poets Hostel! The location is perfect, the people are awesome and the interior design is very stylish!

• 16th Feb 2015