Lisbon Poets Hostel Reviews

Rua Nova da Trindade, nr.2 - 5th Floor, Chiado, Lisbon, Portugal

The hostel had an absolutely phenomenal location and the rooms were clean and comfortable. While the staff were friendly they had little knowledge of restaurants or events in the area. The dinner offered by the hostel was very good and allowed us to meet other guests. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed every minute of Lisbon without having to walk very far.

I highly recommend the Lisbon Poets Hostel! The location is perfect, the people are awesome and the interior design is very stylish!

• 16th Feb 2015

Best hostel in the world. Period.

Great location, good value for money, clean and safe but I was not crazy about the atmosphere...

The poets hostel in lisbon is probably the best hostel ive ever been to. it has an excellent metro connection, as the closest station is only 30sec of walking away. It has a lockable shelve for your belongings, happy hour of superbock, it offers great food for 10€ and it is right in the cntre of lisbons nightlife. if i'm going to lisbon again, i'll definetely return :)

• 30th Jan 2015

It was a nice permanence in the perfect hostel in the centre of the city. Very close to Elevator Santa Justa and Barrio Alto to go out the nights. Big saloon and television for all the guests. Great cooker and big kitchen well provided.

The staff was informative and friendly and the location perfect. The living room and the other facilities are clean and very nice to chill out and have a good time inside the hostel. Poets hostel didnt look like other hostels i've been, definately one of the best.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Greece

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lazaros!

Hostel is nice, but kitchen (lobby-living room at the same time) has a constant smell of food/cookings.. it's sometimes disturbing.. There must be a better ventilation!!

HI there. Thank you for spending time writing us a review. We are sad that you had a bad impression about our kitchen. As you know, we have our chef cooking traditional meals, and it´s something we cannot erase. Best regards Poets Hostel

everything is good.

The thing I like most about it is the super spacious and comfortable common area. I love the music they play in the hostel a lot.I like the bathroom because it has a lot of space for putting clothes and stuff. Facilities are fine, only the room is a little bit cold and no air con to adjust the temperature. But for this price, I think it's already a very good value for money.

Thank you for your kind comments. See you next time! Poets Hostel

Staffs are really nice and willing to help us anytime if you need a hair dryer, you need to ask at the reception desk If you need a place to hang and dry your laundry, go ask for staff's help

I stayed in Lisbon Poets Hostel in December 2014. I liked so much it. It is very clean, organized, modern and new. It is good located, near a subway and in the center city. The staff is attentive, polite and always help me when I needed. I loved it. And Lisbon, Portugal and Portuguese people are very good, kind, friendly. When I go back to Lisbon I will stay there again. I recommend the Lisbon Poets Hostel for everyone. Thank you so much Lisbon Poets Hostel! Muito obrigado até a próxima!

• 12th Dec 2014

Great hostel, extraordinarily clean, cheap beer and all in all much better that the 4-stars-hotel where we had to stay for a meeting before. 7 stars hostel!

• 21st Nov 2014

What a perfect hostel. Has everything you'd ever need and it's in a great location! The staff was very helpful, highly recommend.

Thank you Adam! We hope to have you around again :)

The Lisbon Poets Hostel is an amazing hostel in the heart of Lisbon. I, along with a few friends stayed here for five nights in November. The staff is very welcoming and knowledgeable about the area and things to do. The facilities as well as the rooms are very tidy and secure, and there are people who come and clean the rooms as well as the kitchen almost daily. Bathrooms are clean as well. The lounge area was flat out awesome with comfy cozy bean bags. I will most certainly be back!!

• 7th Nov 2014

Definly the best place to stay in lisbon!!very clean,great location(near to the best attractions in town),excellent breakfast!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Romania

Best Hostel I ever stayed in. Fantastic staff and kitchen and big rooms and solid wooden beds. No complaints at all!

Nice place :-) Only thing was the broke lift :-(

I stayed for 3 nights in this hostel and I can recommend it for various reasons. First,the great location, right in Chiado area, close to many shops, supermarkets and fado bars and restaurants. The room I stayed in was quite big and the beds comfortable, I particularly loved the little lamp on every bed and the huge living-dining room with the cushions and the old style writing machines. The breakfast was a big plus, a lot of choice in jams, fruit and teas. I loved it and the staff was helpful.

A great hostel in a fabulous location. The staff were really lovely and helpful and the breakfast was great. The lift was broken and the hostel is on the 5th floor but hey, a little extra exercise isn't such a bad thing… I would recommend Lisbon Poets Hostel to others travelling to Lisboa and I will be back if I find myself back in Portugal. Thank you Poets.

Hey Lalita, Thank you so much for your lovely words, it was great having you around :) We hope to have you back, soon! Take care! LPH staff