Lisbon Poets Hostel Reviews

Rua Nova da Trindade, nr.2 - 5th Floor, Chiado, Lisbon, Portugal

Great service, location. A beautiful hostel!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel is next to the metro station so it's very convenient. It's a cozy place and the staffs are very friendly. They allowed us to early check in and offered us a free breakfast.

The staff are all really lovely and the free breakfasts are awesome! Poet's hostel is an excellent and central place to stay if you are travelling by yourself or in a group. I would definitely stay there again if I go back to Lisbon.

This really is an incredible hostel, one of the best I've stayed in. I'd describe it as very quirky with it's original idea of paying tribute to literacy & poetry. The communal living area, with a hanging hammock inside, barber's chair & exceedingly comfy cushions is more like a hotel. The beds are very comfy & the rooms very well sized, each with their own individual lockers for save keeping. The hostel's in a great location & the staff are ever so helpful & friendly. It's exception

Probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, and I've been around a bit.

• 20th May 2015

Having doubts? Just do it! And that comes from a very demanding Scotsman Be there Sunday and if you're quick. Book in for an authentic Fado experience just round the corner I'm going back to stay there during the San Antonio Festival so it must be good. Right!

I love Lisbon Poets Hostel!! It is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in. The location couldn't be better, although since it is in the center of the city it gets a bit noisy. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, the showers are good and bedrooms are clean. The breakfast is quite good and they have a tour of different parts of the city every day. The other guests were great company and I had a great time here.

Thank you so much for your kind review!

I recommend Poets.All the Staff working there is frendly and very helpful,they organize walking tours and pub crawls every day beside Monday.Location of the hostel is great,strict city center,few metres to metro station (may be loud in the morninrg).All of the facilities are clean,4 showers in the bathroom, great common area.You get your own locker for luggage & personal stuff (fits two cabin backpacks if needed). Bad sides of the place are creaky beds and floor (panels), quite poor brekfast.

Great hostel! Perfect location and since is in the 5th floor the view is pretty great. nice facilities, clean and the staff really nice and helpful.

Muchas gracias, hasta una próxima vez :-)

The staff are the warmest, friendliest, kindest, most helpful people I have ever met. They genuinely want everyone to enjoy their stay and will do anything they can to help. They gave me maps, directions, tips, offered advice on everything from culture, to food, to night life, and so on. I love all of them! Great hostel, fast free wifi, nice free breakfast, great showers, clean rooms, amazing dinner including unlimited sangria for 10 euros!! Close to everything, this is THE place to stay!

How great it was to have you here, we will truly miss you. Thank you for your kind words and come back soon! Big hug from all the staff ;-)

nice big living room with functional kitchen. staff was mostly friendly and helpful. community dinners were good but not what was advertised on the day I wanted to eat at the hostel

Thank you for sending us a review, we are sorry for not explaining well about the dinners during your check-in. All the best :-)

home away from home

It was absolutely great to meet you. Big big hug. Joana

Great central location. Very clean. Really friendly and helpful staff.

The sign could be a bit more prominent. At 1 am my group was walking up and down the street and literally stopped in front of the hostel and had no idea where it was. It wasn't until we were walking up and down the other side of the street that we saw the Lisbon Poets Hostel sign and got in. Maybe have it sticking out from the building rather than glued on the side?

Whitney thank you for giving us your review. We thought about the sign but it's really hard for us to get a permission for it. We hope to have you guys back ;-) Thanks a lot

I had a wonderful time at Lisbon Poets Hostel. The staff were extremely accommodating, friendly, and helpful. The hostel looks just like the pictures show and I was very pleased with the atmosphere and surroundings. I would most definitely stay here again on my next trip to Lisbon!

Great location, which provides sightseeing, shopping, dining and public transport opportunities just going out to the street. The hostel itself is cozy, spacious, clean and providing sense of security also. And on top of that, staff is very organized, friendly and helpful! Highly recommended. :)

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Lithuania

Extremely amazing hostel! Very secure, the atmosphere is very warm, staff is proficient, good value for money and breakfast is simple but good and fresh. Definitely coming back!!

Great staff, good breaky, good beds, living room and cheap. What more could you want? The hostel dinner was epic for 10 euros too.

The location of hostel is really good! It's in the center, near to the metro station. The staff is really nice and helpful. The breakfest are fine, but could be more-especially from travellers from other countries than south Europe We met really nice couple from Switzerland-they were amazing! Thank you for putting us in the same room :)

Staff and location are great.