Lisbon Poets Hostel Reviews

Rua Nova da Trindade, nr.2 - 5th Floor, Chiado, Lisbon, Portugal

I stayed for 3 nights in this hostel and I can recommend it for various reasons. First,the great location, right in Chiado area, close to many shops, supermarkets and fado bars and restaurants. The room I stayed in was quite big and the beds comfortable, I particularly loved the little lamp on every bed and the huge living-dining room with the cushions and the old style writing machines. The breakfast was a big plus, a lot of choice in jams, fruit and teas. I loved it and the staff was helpful.

A great hostel in a fabulous location. The staff were really lovely and helpful and the breakfast was great. The lift was broken and the hostel is on the 5th floor but hey, a little extra exercise isn't such a bad thing… I would recommend Lisbon Poets Hostel to others travelling to Lisboa and I will be back if I find myself back in Portugal. Thank you Poets.

One of the best hostel I have been in Lisbon. Very central, near to everything (transports, touristic spots, etc). Very good and clean facilities, friendly staff. Complete breakfast. Very interesting atmosphere. Only downside: the lift isn't working... hopefully will be fixed soon! I will certainly stay again and I highly recommend Poets to everybody!

The lift was broken (28.9.), wonder if they are going to do something about it. Heavy luggage up to 5th floor is not so fun... Otherwise great hostel, nice breakfast, location perfect on a very cosy area next to a Metro.

Great place if you're looking for somewhere chilled but with lots of things to do - there is a trip to somewhere every night. One of the biggest and nicest hostel lounges I have seen in the world.and I've seen a few! Staff very welcoming and helpful.

Good hostel in the middle of the old centre of Lisbon. This is positive because there are plenty of restaurants, bars and public transport available within walking distance. However the rooms are quite exposed to the noise outside on the streets. In weekends, maybe also during weekdays, you may have trouble sleeping there. Further more the breakfast is "hostel standard', but tea and coffee can be made and is supplied the whole day. Staff is ok and the daily organised tours are a nice option.

• 26th Sep 2014

The staff was so helpful!!

Very nice hostel. Cool common room and delicious breakfast. Highly recommended.

guys remember to bring a book and join their book exchange!

Loved the common room in this hostel, so open and funky with all the different bean bags, couches and hammock. Has a great set up, plus having the kitchen available really makes a difference. They provided a great breakfast and the rooms are well equipped. We were welcomed by friendly staff on arrival and they were available to help at any time. We really enjoyed this hostel and wished that we had longer in Lisbon. Highly recommend!”

convenient location, nice staff, clean facilities

I am a regular Customer to Poets, when visiting Lisbon.

A decent hostel. Nice lounge room. Internet was a little slow with many people connected, and wifi didn't work in the rooms. They also accepted a large group of German schoolkids around the age of 16-17 (in a hostel, believe it or not), which definitely detracted from the atmosphere. Otherwise a comfortable stay without issue.

Social events organised by the hospital meant it was really easy for me to meet new people, when I was traveling on my own. I had such a fab time, and the staff were so accommodating and helpful.

Nice hostal, great living room area, good breakfast. Rooms were clean. Bathrooms were clean as well. Location is great, just in front of the Praca Camoes and close to Rua Augusta etc. I can recommend this hostal!

Amazingly clean hostel with wonderful staff. Huge lockable cupboards under the beds, big enough to store away large suitcases and backpacks!

• 26th Aug 2014

The elevator was broken when we stayed there, since the hostel was on the 5th floor it was little uncomfortable. the location of the hostel is great. but you need ear plugs to sleep with windows open as its kind of loud in the streets at night. the toilets and the bathrooms are in not so good condition.

Hello Dileep, First of all, thank you for your review. As you can imagine the lift is not our property, so we're conditioned to the landlord. We apologize for the inconvenience though. As for the toilets, what was specifically not in good conditions? Thank you in advance!

When i come back at Poets Hostel the only thing i've thought: home sweet home...I suggest to stay here. Thanks to the staff helped me to find an other accomodation when Poets Hostel was full...but the first period i stayed ther was amazing...

• 5th Aug 2014

Thank you very much!We hope to see you again! A presto!

Great stay, always a good atmosphere and the staff are a pleasure to hang out with, I would recommend this to people who like to meet like minded travellers that like to party.

Thanks a lot for such a good review!Hope to see you again, bye bye!

This hostel had a great atmosphere. The staff were lovely and very helpful and the tours run by Elliot were great!

Thank you! we hope to see you again and enjoy our tours and everything you can do with us!