Lisbon Poets Hostel Reviews

Rua Nova da Trindade, nr.2 - 5th Floor, Chiado, Lisbon, Portugal

It was a nice permanence in the perfect hostel in the centre of the city. Very close to Elevator Santa Justa and Barrio Alto to go out the nights. Big saloon and television for all the guests. Great cooker and big kitchen well provided.

The staff was informative and friendly and the location perfect. The living room and the other facilities are clean and very nice to chill out and have a good time inside the hostel. Poets hostel didnt look like other hostels i've been, definately one of the best.

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Greece

Hostel is nice, but kitchen (lobby-living room at the same time) has a constant smell of food/cookings.. it's sometimes disturbing.. There must be a better ventilation!!

everything is good.

The thing I like most about it is the super spacious and comfortable common area. I love the music they play in the hostel a lot.I like the bathroom because it has a lot of space for putting clothes and stuff. Facilities are fine, only the room is a little bit cold and no air con to adjust the temperature. But for this price, I think it's already a very good value for money.

Thank you for your kind comments. See you next time! Poets Hostel

Staffs are really nice and willing to help us anytime if you need a hair dryer, you need to ask at the reception desk If you need a place to hang and dry your laundry, go ask for staff's help

Great hostel, extraordinarily clean, cheap beer and all in all much better that the 4-stars-hotel where we had to stay for a meeting before. 7 stars hostel!

• 21st Nov 2014

What a perfect hostel. Has everything you'd ever need and it's in a great location! The staff was very helpful, highly recommend.

Thank you Adam! We hope to have you around again :)

The Lisbon Poets Hostel is an amazing hostel in the heart of Lisbon. I, along with a few friends stayed here for five nights in November. The staff is very welcoming and knowledgeable about the area and things to do. The facilities as well as the rooms are very tidy and secure, and there are people who come and clean the rooms as well as the kitchen almost daily. Bathrooms are clean as well. The lounge area was flat out awesome with comfy cozy bean bags. I will most certainly be back!!

• 7th Nov 2014

Definly the best place to stay in lisbon!!very clean,great location(near to the best attractions in town),excellent breakfast!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Romania

Best Hostel I ever stayed in. Fantastic staff and kitchen and big rooms and solid wooden beds. No complaints at all!

Nice place :-) Only thing was the broke lift :-(

I stayed for 3 nights in this hostel and I can recommend it for various reasons. First,the great location, right in Chiado area, close to many shops, supermarkets and fado bars and restaurants. The room I stayed in was quite big and the beds comfortable, I particularly loved the little lamp on every bed and the huge living-dining room with the cushions and the old style writing machines. The breakfast was a big plus, a lot of choice in jams, fruit and teas. I loved it and the staff was helpful.

A great hostel in a fabulous location. The staff were really lovely and helpful and the breakfast was great. The lift was broken and the hostel is on the 5th floor but hey, a little extra exercise isn't such a bad thing… I would recommend Lisbon Poets Hostel to others travelling to Lisboa and I will be back if I find myself back in Portugal. Thank you Poets.

Hey Lalita, Thank you so much for your lovely words, it was great having you around :) We hope to have you back, soon! Take care! LPH staff

One of the best hostel I have been in Lisbon. Very central, near to everything (transports, touristic spots, etc). Very good and clean facilities, friendly staff. Complete breakfast. Very interesting atmosphere. Only downside: the lift isn't working... hopefully will be fixed soon! I will certainly stay again and I highly recommend Poets to everybody!

Benedita, Thank you for showing us some love! We definitely hope to have you back in Poets :) Aboute the lift...is ready to take you up! Hugs, LPH staff

A fantastic location (with a beautiful view), extremely friendly and helpful staff, big and comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast (from freshly made pancakes to sliced pineapple), and the first time I didn't have to queue for the shower one single time during a hostel stay. The only problem (for me) was that it's on the 5th floor and the lift was out of order. So, if you have overpacked like I did, perhaps first check if they've fixed the lift. Thoroughly recommended overall.

The lift was broken (28.9.), wonder if they are going to do something about it. Heavy luggage up to 5th floor is not so fun... Otherwise great hostel, nice breakfast, location perfect on a very cosy area next to a Metro.

Great place if you're looking for somewhere chilled but with lots of things to do - there is a trip to somewhere every night. One of the biggest and nicest hostel lounges I have seen in the world.and I've seen a few! Staff very welcoming and helpful.

Good hostel in the middle of the old centre of Lisbon. This is positive because there are plenty of restaurants, bars and public transport available within walking distance. However the rooms are quite exposed to the noise outside on the streets. In weekends, maybe also during weekdays, you may have trouble sleeping there. Further more the breakfast is "hostel standard', but tea and coffee can be made and is supplied the whole day. Staff is ok and the daily organised tours are a nice option.

• 26th Sep 2014

The staff was so helpful!!