Lisbon Soul Hostel Reviews

Rua de S.Tomé 23, Lisbon, Portugal

The hostel was very dirty with mould growing on the walls. The electricity kept cutting off: Not the best thing to happen when you are taking a shower. The building was very cold. Staff were helpful but could have offered more advice on what to do in the city.

The ladies at the front desk were friendly. The kitchen, good-sized & clean. Friendly reminder: No breakfast served here! But lots of little fruiterias on the streets nearby so you can bring in your own food. My dorm room had black mold on the walls & ceiling & moisture dripping. This gave me allergic coughing fits- hard to sleep! Also, rooms were quite cold (no heating). Location good, walking distance to Cais de Sodre / Rossio / Baixa Chiado. Beautiful cathedrals and waterfront nearby.

The staff is very friendly, and the location is good (in the historical city center). The walls are really thin, though. We can hear all the talks in other rooms, which is bad for sleeping.

Soul Hostel is well located close to beautiful old town Alfama and the centre, but the room was freezing cold during my stay in january and tiny necessities like soap and toilet paper were often missing. The room lacked all decoration but an ugly poster. Comfy enough for a one night stay, wifi good and service ok.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Finland

Horrible experience. One of the worst hostels I have been to. Found dead bed bugs. The staff were not helpful AT all. 6 bed dorm was absolutely tiny, no where to put anything. We ended up moving hostels after a couple of days as we couldn't handle it.

We found bed bugs under our bed. The staffs response was "we'll at least they're dead now" and said they couldn't help us. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it was absolutely tiny. There was only room for 2 of us at a time to open our bags. The staff were not friendly or helpful at all. Often no toilet paper and one of the showers was blocked. Also no atmosphere even in the "chill out" room. Only positive is it was quite close to town - oh and the day we left was also a positive experience.

We stayed in the Lisbon Soul Hostel for four days. We had a really good time. The staff was really friendly and availlable 24/7. The house is an old building, but still the rooms are very clean. The hostel is nearby the sightseeings of Alfama and next to a tramstop and 10 minutes walk from the metro. We would come back anytime!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

super chilly living room, fully equipped kitchen.

For me it was a perfect hostel. I would really recommed it to everybody who is looking for a nice, clean hostel, which is located in the city center!

I was deeply disappointed, that on booking an en-suite appt for 3 Nights, just before we arrived I received an email saying there was an error, and we only had the private en-suite appt for one Night. We stayed in a small twin room with a shared bathroom for the other 2 Nights. I should have demanded what we booked, but I voiced my displeasure and accepted this very shoddy treatment. It was a very unprofessional thing to do to us. William Kingston

• 2nd Oct 2014