Lisetonga Hostel Reviews

Rua Ary Barroso casa 15, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Overall a good hostel, short walk to Copacaba beach and Rio bikes also 10 min walk away. Staff were very friendly and available 24hrs a day, hostel pretty clean. Booked a private room which had aircon- massive bonus in Rio!

Very nice

Nothing to complain about, very close to the beach and Leme is a great part of rio. Would definitely stay again!

I would recommend this place for anyone who wants to be close to the beautiful beach area and looking for a good place to stay. Not the most social hostel I've been at but it could have just been an off night. Very cozy too!

My mum and sister stayed 10 days more or less and they were really nice.Staff very helpful and nice (the only thing was not all of them speak spanish, however they managed to give us what we needed). The manager is a great girl, She is concerning about you have a nice staying. The localition is convenient and it is just 5 minutes from Copacabana beach. Breakfast and bed are good. Reception 24 hours. I really recommend it if you are going to Rio and wants to get a cool place for staying.

I really enjoyed the hostel, no complaints. I would suggest this place and/or stay there again no worries. Thanks team!

• 6th Dec 2014

We had no water for the one night we we're here, but the staff knew about it straight away and gave us a full refund for the night, very apologic. It wasn't there fault, as the water was out in the whole area. The only bad thing about this hostel is it's right on top of a hill! Climbing up will get you very sweaty in the hot sun! But at the bottom, you were right on the beach and most transfers only picked you up from the hotel at the bottom of the hill!

Stayed for 5nights last week and had an amazing time! Wifi was tempremental but that wasn't an issue as they had a laptop for anybody to use if needed. Would love to go back here sometime! The staff and owners are very helpful and will happily organise and book anything you want.

Next to a very loud community center in the favela. Was blasting music until 2am on Sat. And by blasting, I mean my room was shaking like I was in a club. There was a sign on the door of the bedroom to ask for earplugs, but they didn't have any. The staff told me that "it's a favela" and there are no noise restrictions. I guess I shouldn't have been home at 1am on a Sat in Rio, but I was exhausted from traveling. This made it completely impossible to sleep. Everything else is good though.

This hostel is perfect. Located in a very cool area near Babylonia favela above Leme. Only criticism is that the wifi sucked.

WiFi was down for part of my stay, but other than that the hostel was superb! Great atmosphere, very clean, good breakfast selection, helpful staff. All and all, I would definitely recommend this hostel. I agree with other reviewers that the hill it is situated upon is a little steep, but it takes care of your leg workout for the day! If you're looking for a good, cheap, and pleasant stay along Copacabana beach, this is your place. Thank you to the staff who made my stay even better. Ciao!

Nice place to meet people, all the staffs are really helpful. Even the uphill thing is just like an exercise.

Good hostel for the value, great location, and great accommodations. I didn't appreciate being given the third degree about doing laundry after I paid for it and having someone keep asking me if I paid and then getting other hostel workers to ask me if I paid again, but that was a minor mishap. Most of the staff including the night receptionist and bartender were very welcoming and friendly. The wifi didn't work while I was there, not only for me, but for anyone. Overall, would recommend.

The girl behind the reception didn´t speak English and looked very confused when we arrived. (not really sure why)

Beds were comfortable & the hostel was clean. Breakfast & kitchen facilities were great. The singing from the church nearby can get a bit much at times, but if you're busy during the day & night it wouldn't matter. Not a lot of tour info on offer other than a folder with some flyers. Close to the end of copacabana beach, not very close to restaurants etc, but we went to Ipanema for a few days after our stay for this. The hill is pretty steep, but good exercise! Overall we enjoyed our stay.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels