Lisetonga Hostel Reviews

Rua Ary Barroso casa 15, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We had no water for the one night we we're here, but the staff knew about it straight away and gave us a full refund for the night, very apologic. It wasn't there fault, as the water was out in the whole area. The only bad thing about this hostel is it's right on top of a hill! Climbing up will get you very sweaty in the hot sun! But at the bottom, you were right on the beach and most transfers only picked you up from the hotel at the bottom of the hill!

Stayed for 5nights last week and had an amazing time! Wifi was tempremental but that wasn't an issue as they had a laptop for anybody to use if needed. Would love to go back here sometime! The staff and owners are very helpful and will happily organise and book anything you want.

Next to a very loud community center in the favela. Was blasting music until 2am on Sat. And by blasting, I mean my room was shaking like I was in a club. There was a sign on the door of the bedroom to ask for earplugs, but they didn't have any. The staff told me that "it's a favela" and there are no noise restrictions. I guess I shouldn't have been home at 1am on a Sat in Rio, but I was exhausted from traveling. This made it completely impossible to sleep. Everything else is good though.

This hostel is perfect. Located in a very cool area near Babylonia favela above Leme. Only criticism is that the wifi sucked.

WiFi was down for part of my stay, but other than that the hostel was superb! Great atmosphere, very clean, good breakfast selection, helpful staff. All and all, I would definitely recommend this hostel. I agree with other reviewers that the hill it is situated upon is a little steep, but it takes care of your leg workout for the day! If you're looking for a good, cheap, and pleasant stay along Copacabana beach, this is your place. Thank you to the staff who made my stay even better. Ciao!

Nice place to meet people, all the staffs are really helpful. Even the uphill thing is just like an exercise.

Good hostel for the value, great location, and great accommodations. I didn't appreciate being given the third degree about doing laundry after I paid for it and having someone keep asking me if I paid and then getting other hostel workers to ask me if I paid again, but that was a minor mishap. Most of the staff including the night receptionist and bartender were very welcoming and friendly. The wifi didn't work while I was there, not only for me, but for anyone. Overall, would recommend.

The girl behind the reception didn´t speak English and looked very confused when we arrived. (not really sure why)

Beds were comfortable & the hostel was clean. Breakfast & kitchen facilities were great. The singing from the church nearby can get a bit much at times, but if you're busy during the day & night it wouldn't matter. Not a lot of tour info on offer other than a folder with some flyers. Close to the end of copacabana beach, not very close to restaurants etc, but we went to Ipanema for a few days after our stay for this. The hill is pretty steep, but good exercise! Overall we enjoyed our stay.

I loved this hostel and consider it to be one of the best stays I've had throughout all the years that I have been traveling. The staff is super helpful and very friendly and caring and create a great welcoming atmosphere right off the bat, the location is very close to the beach and the whole atmosphere is very comfortable and makes you feel right at home.

Really nice hostel!

Nice staff, the hostel is very beautiful, especially the shower area downstairs near to the kitchen!

Staff is great. They're nice, friendly,& very helpful. The hostel is a bit run down:the tiles on the stairs are cracked, the wooden frames are splintered, the beds and pillows are basically gym mats, the couches are grey/dusty, and the bathroom floors are always wet or smell like pee. By all standards, even hostels, this place is below average. The vibe of the hostel is basically partying, drinking, smoking. There is nothing wrong with that, but if that's not your scene, you should move on.

Hi and thank u for staying with us. The beds and pillows are high quality.They have extra protection layer, same as is used in hospitals for example, to protect YOU from bedbugs and to make them easy to clean. We clean all bathrooms various times per day. We believe that guests must contribute to keeping them clean and leave them as they would love to find them. It would seem to us that you were hoping to stay at a HOTEL. Do it next time ;) Safe travels!

I had a great time at Lisetonga, all staff were excellent, attentive and friendly. However the owners kept themselves to themselves and that felt a bit strange. I would have liked for them to at least introduce themselves to the guests but this is a minor gripe and takes nothing away from the atmosphere and the staff who are EXCELLENT!!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Excelent experience!

The location was intimidating at first, but it´s great and it´s safe. Good food at several spots nearby, good parties, and people. As always, use common sense when travelling and you will have a great time.

Good location, it's near to Copacabana beach. Not bad.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels